Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. (1436 Views)

You Are Insensitive To The Plight Of Nigerians – Shekarau Blasts Buhari / Ongoing Protest In Onitsha By Tricycle Operators / Tricycle Operators Groan Over Rising Cases Of Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
Most nigerian states(Akwaibom state included)has already banned the use of motorcycle as a means of transport in their capital city,whether for private use or for commercial use.
In uyo the capital city of akwaibom state,tricycle operators(popularly known as keke napep),most of them being former commercial motorcylists have suffered intimidation under the present state government.
For a liecense to operate a tricycle for commercial purposes an individual have to pay the sum of twenty thousand naira and will have to purchase an operational ticket daily which from 1/7/2014 stands at four hundred naira.
Recently there was a directive by the akwaibom state ministry of transport restricting tricycles from reaching the ibom plaza(city centre),All tricycles are expected to disembark its passengers few kilometres away from the ibom plaza(for passengers that are bound for plaza). Before the new directives were made the ministry transport or rather the state government did not even make any prior arrangements for alternative routes for the tricycle operators like rehabilitating the streets that the tricycle operators ought to divert. Most streets roads in uyo are very narrow and yet indiscriminate parking of cars has made the free transit of the tricycles extremely difficult.
Touts are stationed at the various street entrance close to the ibom plaza by the state government,touts to control traffic? Nsentip street is one of the alternative streets for the tricycles,the street like the rest is very narrow and needs urgent rehabilitation. ......................

*TO BE UPDATED LATER AM TYPING WITH A PHONE*

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by PAT4HOT(m): 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
I ll rather prefer the govt to ban keke completely in the state capital rather than the stress they are giving the citizens....so annoyin

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Itoroetti(m): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
u dis udoedeghe and umana's spokemen,u wont allow akpabio to concentrate on developing akwa ibom statr
always looking for loopholes to nail him.is it a crime for a leader to hail from the minority?
pls allow akpabio concentrate.

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Redoil: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: Most nigerian states(Akwaibom state included)has already banned the use of motorcycle as a means of transport in their capital city,whether for private use or for commercial use.
In uyo the capital city of akwaibom state,tricycle operators(popularly known as keke napep),most of them being former commercial motorcylists have suffered intimidation under the present state government.
For a liecense to operate a tricycle for commercial purposes an individual have to pay the sum of twenty thousand naira and will have to purchase an operational ticket daily which from 1/7/2014 stands at four hundred naira.
Recently there was a directive by the akwaibom state ministry of transport restricting tricycles from reaching the ibom plaza(city centre),All tricycles are expected to disembark its passengers few kilometres away from the ibom plaza(for passengers that are bound for plaza). Before the new directives were made the ministry transport or rather the state government did not even make any prior arrangements for alternative routes for the tricycle operators like rehabilitating the streets that the tricycle operators ought to divert. Most streets roads in uyo are very narrow and yet indiscriminate parking of cars has made the free transit of the tricycles extremely difficult.
Touts are stationed at the various street entrance close to the ibom plaza by the state government,touts to control traffic? Nsentip street is one of the alternative streets for the tricycles,the street like the rest is very narrow and needs urgent rehabilitation. ......................

*TO BE UPDATED LATER AM TYPING WITH A PHONE*
in lagos they register with N50 to N70 thousand and pay N1500 daily to the lasag. So compare and contrast and spot the difference.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by mrPero(m): 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
Itoroetti :
u dis udoedeghe and umana's spokemen,u wont allow akpabio to concentrate on developing akwa ibom statr
always looking for loopholes to nail him.is it a crime for a leader to hail from the minority?

KK boro ufanodo ke Iniehe se atang
#akpabiotutumkpong

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Redoil: in lagos they register with N50 to N70 thousand and pay N1500 daily to the lasag. So compare and contrast and spot the difference.
jeeezzzz! This is suicide........
Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
Itoroetti :
mr.itoroetti am not even from akwaibom,but i reside here in uyo. So much work for mr.akpabio to do but rather he runs to the media to broadcast the little he has achieved! This is rainy season and when it rains in uyo OMG come see flooding.......from ikot-ekpene rd to abak rd to aka rd! Every part of uyo will be flooded because of the poor drainage system which needs urgent attention. Anyways what am talking about here is the 'strict' and harsh conditions on which tricycle operators are confined to.

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Gboliwe: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
Itoroetti :
Attack, dissect, criticize the message, leave the messenger alone. He has raised valid concerns any good leader should look into. I discussed this before when the ban started newly. There was no point stopping them from reaching plaza until alternate routes have been arranged. The flood is a disaster waiting to happen. I also told Ujoine or whatever his name was then, the drainage should be worked on long before the rains come. Get the inhabitants of the state involved. Uyo is very nauseatingly dirty. You know this, I know it too.

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Gboliwe: 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: mr.itoroetti am not even from akwaibom,but i reside here in uyo. So much work for mr.akpabio to do but rather he runs to the media to broadcast the little he has achieved! This is rainy season and when it rains in uyo OMG come see flooding.......from ikot-ekpene rd to abak rd to aka rd! Every part of uyo will be flooded because of the poor drainage system which needs urgent attention. Anyways what am talking about here is the 'strict' and harsh conditions on which tricycle operators are confined to.

You are talking because you haven't been to osongama after a rainfall. You will arrange a boat.

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Gboliwe:

You are talking because you haven't been to osongama after a rainfall. You will arrange a boat.
bros, the thing too much joor.......just 15mins of downpour then nsentip street close to ibom plaza will become an ocean!
Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Itoroetti(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Gboliwe: Attack, dissect, criticize the message, leave the messenger alone. He has raised valid concerns any good leader should look into. I discussed this before when the ban started newly. There was no point stopping them from reaching plaza until alternate routes have been arranged. The flood is a disaster waiting to happen. I also told Ujoine or whatever his name was then, the drainage should be worked on long before the rains come. Get the inhabitants of the state involved. Uyo is very nauseatingly dirty. You know this, I know it too.

did u advicd fashola to do same?
Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Itoroetti(m): 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: mr.itoroetti am not even from akwaibom,but i reside here in uyo. So much work for mr.akpabio to do but rather he runs to the media to broadcast the little he has achieved! This is rainy season and when it rains in uyo OMG come see flooding.......from ikot-ekpene rd to abak rd to aka rd! Every part of uyo will be flooded because of the poor drainage system which needs urgent attention. Anyways what am talking about here is the 'strict' and harsh conditions on which tricycle operators are confined to.

where are then from?
ok,umana and others are trying to use u guys to unsettle akpabio.
were u not in uyo when attah was there for 8yrs?
what did he do to rectify this drainage issue ?
now ure talking about drainage and keke not getting to the plaza.
Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Itoroetti(m): 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
mr Pero:

KK boro ufanodo ke Iniehe se atang
#akpabiotutumkpong

aba nte ufan oro oto idung mme otoro uduang ufok
Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Gboliwe: 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
Itoroetti :

did u advicd fashola to do same?
Grow a brain Ette!

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by drmikeadams(m): 1:07am On Jul 04, 2014
abeg...how affordable is accomodation in uyo?
Gboliwe: Attack, dissect, criticize the message, leave the messenger alone. He has raised valid concerns any good leader should look into. I discussed this before when the ban started newly. There was no point stopping them from reaching plaza until alternate routes have been arranged. The flood is a disaster waiting to happen. I also told Ujoine or whatever his name was then, the drainage should be worked on long before the rains come. Get the inhabitants of the state involved. Uyo is very nauseatingly dirty. You know this, I know it too.
Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Gboliwe: 1:15am On Jul 04, 2014
dr_mike_adams: abeg...how affordable is accomodation in uyo?
Quite affordable compared to Rivers State. Very expensive compared to Kwara State.
Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by drmikeadams(m): 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
i want to relocate to uyo or akwa ibom..i need to know about the accomodation fees so as to make a better decision..2 bedroom flats or self con.?
Gboliwe: Quite affordable compared to Rivers State. Very expensive compared to Kwara State.
Re: The Plight Of Commercial Tricycle Operators In Uyo,akwaibom State. by Gboliwe: 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
A decent self -con is between 120- 150k and you will pay for 2years. The landlords always insist so. If you meet one like my landlord, he will increase it to 170k (maybe) and ask you to pay for one year.
There are other cheaper self cons that cost between 60-80k, these ones lack water running within the house and some are far from the main town- Uyo.

2bedroom is N250- 300k

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is Not About Religion - Buhari / Obiano Gets 1.1bn Donation To Boost Agriculture And Security / BREAKING NEWS: The Woman That Treated The Liberian Is Alive, In ICU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.