Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) (59310 Views)

Akwa Ibom Stadium, Nominated As World Stadium Of The Year (Pic) / Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo / Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium,uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Reference(m): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2014
In years to come most of the other governors will be all but forgotten by-words of a wasted generation while this man's name will continue to resound. Yiu will hear things like, 'oh this and that was built in Akpabio's time and nothing since then..' That is legacy. His future is secure.

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by ichommy(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2014
This Akpabio try abeg. Awesome.

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by uo067: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2014
What can i say 4 dis uncommon transformation...dan "Well done God'swill"
U've raise the standard of Governace in AKS...

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2014
and you niger/delta peeps couldn't present this guy as president? angry
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by sopoundz(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2014
The stadium in greater Port harcourt is beta dn diz trash*looks left den ryt, runs outta thread* lol

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by jookco(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2014
obongproff: Pls who knows when the stadium will be completed?
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by MadCow1: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2014
DivideUs: and you niger/delta peeps couldn't present this guy as president? angry

Be careful what you wish for..

I wouldnt want this man as my local government chairman. Being a leader is more than just building roads and stadiums and expensive hotel resorts.
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Dcmg(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2014
Fifa rated this stadium a 4 star.
Why i think this stadium is 4 star rated will the becos of it capacity.Apart from that,this stadium has got all it takes to earn a 5 star.Infact the only edge soccer city in SA has over this stadium is the capacity.Visit the stadium you will know why.
A stadium with 32 exits?like wtf?
With over 300 FIFA recommended 150/50 floodlights installed round the stadium,a stadium with about 144 CCTV camaras?hmm
When it comes to facilities,this stadium has got indoor facilities that caters for all sports.
Oil money!

5 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by PhockPhockMan: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2014
rozayx5: wow nice, seun or mods can you put this on frontpage
also thanks to Akpabio for giving us constant light from Ibom power plant here in Eket cool
nice.

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow:

Be careful what you wish for..

I wouldnt want this man as my local government chairman. Being a leader is more than just building roads and stadiums and expensive hotel resorts.

at least its a start, better than what we have now, in fact far far better!! IMO.
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Aitee1: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2014
Chaiii...idung ajid ase ajaja grin awo annang ade awo uko embarassed

4 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by papaejima2: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2014
Another disappointment. Is it compulsory to have tartan tracks round the football pitch? When will they realize that football stadiums these days do not have tartan tracks so as to give the fans a more pleasant viewing? Try watching a football match in Nigeria and sit behind one of the goal posts and you will never go to the stadium again. It is no coincidence that the Enyimba Stadium in Aba and the Kano Pillars Stadium in Kano do not have tartan tracks round the pitch and they attract the largest crowds in the league.

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by nonjebose(m): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2014
emmanuelatas: Hope boko won't use this stadium to render their useless behaviours. Nice stadium. Wetin my Governor dey do self for delta state
Emmanuel na person? Make him do comot next year
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by toseen29: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2014
Good One, this is a beautiful edifice. hope we will be saying the same 5 yrs after? embarassed
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by prettiest1(f): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2014
rozayx5: wow nice, seun or mods can you put this on frontpage
also thanks to Akpabio for giving us constant light from Ibom power plant here in Eket cool
Thank God for the light oo. Which part are you?
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2014
The stadium is good-looking! cool grin
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by prettiest1(f): 11:19am On Jul 04, 2014
MabraO: Wow nice
My dream state to serve
Make I knack akpako with all them girls
E no go work for you. That kind prayer God no dey look am twice.
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 04, 2014
[size=13pt]The thing is our Government is so rich, This is not a big deal if they really wanna do it. You think the Governor wont be worth far more than the stadium he is building........[/size]

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Dcmg(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2014
papa ejima: Another disappointment. Is it compulsory to have tartan tracks round the football pitch? When will they realize that football stadiums these days do not have tartan tracks so as to give the fans a more pleasant viewing? Try watching a football match in Nigeria and sit behind one of the goal posts and you will never go to the stadium again. It is no coincidence that the Enyimba Stadium in Aba and the Kano Pillars Stadium in Kano do not have tartan tracks round the pitch and they attract the largest crowds in the league.
The stadium is called an olympic stadium,not a football club stadium.

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Okaka27(m): 11:24am On Jul 04, 2014
Wallahi sunyi kokari smiley

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by prettiest1(f): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow:

The Mod said to stay focused on Sports related matter or risked being banned if not I would have said something derogatory to you and referenced everyone from your state of origin.

But I am a compliant Nairalander..
Mad Cow, I beg relax I wan enjoy this thread.
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by prettiest1(f): 11:30am On Jul 04, 2014
justi4jesu: ah nice tutu..

Person wey Abasi ama ke bless grin
Ama bless
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Asek1(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2014
What you are seeing in d pix is just a tip of the iceberg. I passed there on ma way back from Ikot Ekpene and couldn't help but marvel @ the sheer beauty of this magnificent edifice.
That stadium, when fully completed will overshadow Calabar stadium by leagues. Akpabio has really tried.
Akwa-ibom isongo! cheesy

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by solvez(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Wow, this is indeed a grt wrk. Akwa Ibom Adoo ok.Big thks to the Governor.
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by flexxygurl(f): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Akwa Ibom Ayaya! grin
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Reference(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2014
material988: wait!!! Like seriously!!! In my country Naija person fit still see dis kind thing? I saw it first at abj, bt it was nt maintained, i pray dis one will be maintained well.

Maintenance is largely up to the people. Government has done its bit and collated your money to build it. No use it well. Do not steal, do not vandalise, pee in the pot not on the floor, donot wear heels on the turf and when events are staged there pay the correct tolls, fees and ticket prices so that it can be maintained properly. The Emirates in London has one of the best turfs in the world but the club also charges one of the highest tolls at the gates. Just like you may buy a phone for 50,000 naira but spend 500,000 in airtime over the lifespan of the phone so expect to pay serious money to use the facilities if the stadium is expected to thrive. If the AKSG thinks otherwise then it has a very big revenue draining white elephant on its hands. That is not legacy.
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by simplynola(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2014
Dis people are really spending the oil money!
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Joshuadon: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2014
dis z beautiful

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by danielmichael(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2014
dat stadium sure as hell is d next boko haram target
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Nicepoker(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2014
MabraO: Wow nice
My dream state to serve
Make I knack akpako with all them girls
that's where u will fall
Re: New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) by Nicepoker(m): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2014
ucheezeigbo: Our own always na to copy oyinbo all the time. No creativity, no design, no development just copy, copy and copy.
I pity ur level of reasoning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight / Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 / Mikel Mobbed By zambian Girls After Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.