Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia (38760 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by boladez(m): 9:18am On Aug 18, 2014
victor08:

How on earth will you buy shoes online without seeing and even testing it. Nigeria's and their dumb behaviour. That is why you get scammed.

Sorry to dissapoint you, I have been buying my shoes from Laurens online for the past 2 years, good quality, prompt delivery and returning the shoues that did not fit was as easy as possible.

The fact that Jumia is a scamming site does not make all online stores in Nigeria scammers.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by miracle4(m): 7:41am On Oct 30, 2017
FlintGuevara:
Konga remains relatively better than Jumia. I have sworn against buying anything from Jumia after my bitter black friday shopping experience with them.
This was my take some years back, but I have come to realize that "no shopping mall is flawless".

Every one of them have got it's flaws and advantages. Konga's shipping term was fairer back then, but has become a nightmare of recent where separate charges are made for all items in the cart. Same is the fate of other online shopping stores in Nigeria.

To me, it's best one sticks to what works, while it does and runs when it stops working. For now, I compare wares from various stores when shopping online. This way, I settle for the store with the best term/price.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by yungdavo: 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
IPhone 6+ and 6s available for sale.
Location is Lagos. 08166083427

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by kesie: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
https://www.buzymart.com make online shopping easier.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by XAUBulls: 11:43am On Feb 26, 2023
taiwo3:
There was a promo by samsung on their 40" Led Tv. which costs 69,000. this promo ended 30 june 2014.

The promo granted me the opportunity to buy a 40inch tv at that price. and Quickly I went to to place an order on 27th June 2013 so as to beat the deadline. After several days of waiting to see my order, (since I ve been mailed that the order has been shipped) I contacted them and they promised I will get my product asap. 8days later which is today, I was informed by jumia rep that they ran out of stock. I was pained and queried why they didn't inform me about this. that now I have to pay more than 25% on the tv elsewhere since the promo has ended.

I tried to reach them but to no avail then I resorted to the social media where eventually someone called me. I mailed Jumia to kindly refund my money as I will NEVER have any business with them again. I was still waiting for an alert when I got a mail that a voucher has been created for me without my consent, that such voucher is valued at N69,000 (the amount I paid for the tv) and I can only use it to purchase another item on their website.

I told them I wanted the particular tv and since I cant get the product they sholud return my CASH. Since then they havent gotten back to me. Now my money and product is stuck with them. My advice to anyone is to avoid shopping with Jumia and if u insist on shopping online use another online store and the pay at delivery system, so u wont fall victim like I did.

As at the time I am posting this I have not gotten a response from them. And Unfortunately we are in a country where this type of thing fly.

Thank You.
Bump.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by DrDeuce: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
It's been a long time I transact with jumia cause of Sapa.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by DcoolestChristo: 4:42pm On May 02
Not Sure I Agree With you on this one, See the reason why - https://techsocial.com.ng/reasons-why-jumia-online-shopping/

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

HAMPER! HAMPERS!! HAMPERS!!! (contents And Prices) / Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. / Nigeria's World Trade Center Abuja Poised To Send Its Economy Sky High - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.