Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia (38784 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Tyche(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
Shuga jay: Funny u grin.. Would do dat nxt tym wink

I was adoring your profile pic and realised that the photographer's finger is showing grin .

I can help you edit the finger
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by oba009(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
My friend it is a lie, i just received a generator ordered on pay on delivery at my Abuja base yesterday. So Konga is d best. The experience i had with jumia is not a palatable one.

zeemore:

THAT IS A LIE.... KONGA.COM IS FAR WORSE THAN JUMIA.... KONGA HAS NEVER DELIVERED AN ITEM TO ME IN ABUJA... NEVER. THE LAST ITEM I ORDERED AND CLICKED ON PAY ON DELIVERY, TILL TODAY, 4 WEEKS LATER, STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED. TUFIA!!!!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
tai wo: If I did the same to my customers do u think I will be able to afforde the Tv. If u need poof sendme an email i will scan all necessary documents to you [Qquote author=Dee60]I suggest you try some other approach, possibly going to their office. Trying to de-market a brand on social media can rob that company of important goodwill. Remember that it takes a lot to build reputational capital and anyone in business knows this. Jumia does well 99% of the time and that is good enough. They are humans remember.

I know how you feel being tossed around but please remember that you could be in Jumia's shoes tomorrow. Who would not want to be as successful as them.

I think it is next to impossible for any company to get it right 100% of the time.

Please calm down.

I think u should just post the pics on n/l and I for one will be rampaging on jumia
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 4C2215131: 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
3sha4lyf:

If you spend 100% of your time building your reputation and 0% on managing it! then you've wasted your business time. Sometime businesses need to be defamed before they sit up. Have heard so many absurd reviews about jumai, even with recruitment. But then, my pity is for the owners because I think, and I stand to be corrected, it's the staff that ruin the great initiatives the owner put in to set up jumai. Annoyingly, when customers run from jumai, jumai folds up, these same people wld seek employment elsewer, get employed based on stupid "previous experience" and begin to plummet that company to liquidity.

Pls @ poster, take that voucher to EFCC or the consumer right protection... Can't remember what they are called in naija but they really do work. It's crazy to give someone a voucher for that amount. That's ludicrous. The manager who okay end that, as well as the person who sent u that mail must be jailed.

If you need any help, tell me. #SaharaReporters must be looking for news like this. ;

Couldn't have put it better!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 3sha4lyf: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
nelsenhenry:
Very well said. A bad review in my opinion still doesn't mean you tell people to stay away from them. I believe you read the part that says "read the terms and conditions know your right and approach them civilly ". You only get cheated when you don't know exactly what you are entitled to. And I can't remember the generator of this topic say his purchase was shipped. If it's so it's something different entirely. Take legal action after gathering evidences in effect to this and the company still hasn't made a refund or delivered the item as indicated.
Just so u know: I've never shopped on jumia and I ain't got anyone I'm trying to protect as u are implying

That's the problem with us. We don't read very well before we quickly comment...I'm a culprit as well. Please read below and reassess.

tai wo: There was a promo by samsung on their 40" Led Tv. which costs 69,000. this promo ended 30 june 2014.

The promo granted me the opportunity to buy a 40inch tv at that price. and Quickly I went to to place an order on 27th June 2013 so as to beat the deadline. After several days of waiting to see my order, (since I ve been mailed that the order has been shipped) I contacted them and they promised I will get my product asap. 8days later which is today, I was informed by jumia rep that they ran out of stock. I was pained and queried why they didn't inform me about this. that now I have to pay more than 25% on the tv elsewhere since the promo has ended.

I tried to reach them but to no avail then I resorted to the social media where eventually someone called me. I mailed Jumia to kindly refund my money as I will NEVER have any business with them again. I was still waiting for an alert when I got a mail that a voucher has been created for me without my consent, that such voucher is valued at N69,000 (the amount I paid for the tv) and I can only use it to purchase another item on their website...

To even think that poster tried reaching them on social media, rather than COMPLETELY resolve the problem, they created a bigger one by issuing a voucher. C'mon, there's nothing good to make out of this. I still maintain that Any Ts and C's that provides for a voucher refund if a product that was indicated available online, labelled "dispatched" to customer and later labelled "out of stock" for same customer, IS A FRAUD. Ask your legal advisers and prove me wrong. There's no point sugar-coating this ill. Remember, when u see nothing wrong with someone shitting in front of the church, pls don't condemn it when another shits in front of your parlour. That's what's killing naija. Making excuses for the wrong reasons.
Tx

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 4C2215131: 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
redcliff:

I swear i would do the same for that amount of money..i would scatter the whole place if they dont refund me the moment i steo into their office but i think its jist an online store then they would have an admin offfice somewhere and a warehouse where they get theor goods from..this is theifry at its best...they dont want the money to leave the store like its their own...

I think the problem Jumioa may be having is that they don't stock the goods they advertise. It's either this or they are plain greedy claiming to stock what they don't have or the firm is staffed by complete morons and staffers who are monuments to ineptitude. Wouldn't touch Jumia with a 100 foot pole even with Jesus standing visibly right by my side admonishing me to. Yes, it's that bad!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by enomasly: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
Sue them to court you would definitely win if you dont then am not a qualified Lawyer there is a Breach of Contract here
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 4C2215131: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
touchmeder: well spoken. They can't reply on any terms and condition with op cos they failed to fufill theirs. Op has a very good case anyhow u look at it. A strong worded letter from a lawyer may just do d trick.

And who's going to foot the legal bill(s)? Either way the OP loses out save he gets Jumia to compensate him for "inconveniences". Why? The OP pays say 20k or even 10k to a lawyer to get back his 69k, when and if he gets it, it's no longer 69k but 49 or 59k in which case he still runs at a loss save Jumia foot the legal bill. Well,49-59k is better than nothing eh?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 3sha4lyf: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
4C2215131:

And who's going to foot the legal bill(s)? Either way the OP loses out save he gets Jumia to compensate him for "inconveniences". Why? The OP pays say 20k or even 10k to a lawyer to get back his 69k, when and if he gets it, it's no longer 69k but 49 or 59k in which case he still runs at a loss save Jumia foot the legal bill. Well,49-59k is better than nothing eh?

No need to chicken out especially when you know what's ideally right and it's glaring it's right. You talk of legal bills? No Sane lawyer goes into such case and requests for just a refund my dear... Compensation for inconvenience and damages incurred during the waiting period will also be filed for... If you find radical lawyers like Ken Aswete, KK, etc (I'm not advertising them pls), those ones sef would ask Jumai to pay ALL damages.

I would sue for it, not exactly becos of the money but cos it's annoying!!!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by macklef(m): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
Little do you know that jumai is just a market place in form of an online site.
Little do you know that some unserious sellers buy stores on jumia/konga some of them are even nairalanders sef.
If you complain of payment on delivery option and item not delivered... The seller considering the cost of sending the item to you comparing with ur order of most likely a single item may not oblige to send it. Buyt if its a bulk purchase or the profit margin can conveniently cover for logistics to ur end, trust me the seller will send.
If you complain of item not being in stock....... This importers, just upload this items on there store to ascertain d level of demand for this item before they can confidently conclude if they should go ahead to import them or not.
Its d individual sellers on this sites that are to blame not the brand jumia itself, just as shoprite do not offend you if a certain store in shoprite premises sold you a cloned gucci shoe.
But all in all, they are weak in administration that is why this sellers go unpunished cos if there modus operandi is strictly stated, dey shuldnt be this much loopholes.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by gmiky: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
U can report it formally to the Consumer Protection Agency.....might be a Slow process but it works if your claims are genuine ..

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
equlibrium: @op
my gf wrks 4 jumia.
u no wan mak I see chop again abi? angry
God punish u! angry
lol!!!!! U be madman I swear!!

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by SME1: 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
I am also a victim of dis online scammers jumia. I ordered for a new phone BlackBerry z10 and two weeks after use d phone started giving problems. It's advisable no one shudder order anything from them or u get messed up big time
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by redcliff: 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
4C2215131:

I think the problem Jumioa may be having is that they don't stock the goods they advertise. It's either this or they are plain greedy claiming to stock what they don't have or the firm is staffed by complete morons and staffers who are monuments to ineptitude. Wouldn't touch Jumia with a 100 foot pole even with Jesus standing visibly right by my side admonishing me to. Yes, it's that bad!

hahaha.. you got me mind laughing... Anyway, the best with them is paying on delivery which I have done once. the product sef wasnt anything to write home about...
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
lies spoiln jumia market
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Devirus2: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
you are a big fool

equlibrium: @op
my gf wrks 4 jumia.
u no wan mak I see chop again abi? angry
God punish u! angry
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by oyowo: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
coolYou just reminded me of a bitter experience I had with Jumia some time ago. I bought a Blackberry Playbook from them which I cannot use till today after much complaints. From the very day it was delivered to me, the fault started and I was asked to return it after much complaint which I did with a promise of replacing it. To my greatest surprise, the same faulty device was worked on (amended) and returned to me with the promise that it was working perfectly then. I used it for only few days and the same fault resulted again and no one was able to repair it for me and I have to scrapped and threw it away out of frustration. Since then, I vowed never to buy anything from Jumia again. I have been happily shopping with Konga since then without any complaint. tongue
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by abbeyfx2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
I believe if you are literate enough to own a mobile fone and buy bundle to browse, you should be literate enough to know, you don't judge an issue with half backed truth. @ The poster, apologies for your experience, however there is no evidence here that you actually placed an order. Kindly supply your order details, should Jumia need to do a rectification. Put your order number up here. I have dealt with Jumia for a while and the truth remains that COD or WEBPAY does not guarantee certainty of delivery as a lot of odds are involved in getting these goods to you. If you have ever planned an event for a good number of people, you will understand that you may not be able to satisfy all of them. Yes promos are planned based of forecasting. If you over plan, the company makes a loss, if you under plan peoples expectations get dashed. Lastly, I will like the poster to post here a copy of the voucher mail that was sent to him(without the codes of course) you will all see there is a caption saying a voucher was processed for him as he was not reachable via phone. If he wanted a refund, all he needed to do was to ask for one, and not resulting to help seun drive the traffic of all unemployed keyboard warriors(no pun intended)to his site. Ask for a refund if you truly placed an order, its not that hard. My one cent.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by FINA4804(f): 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2014
@op did you pay online? because I live in PH and the times I bought things I paid on delivery, one time I ordered for goods and they were telling me stories I told them not to bring it again, Simple.I Think the best way to buy things online is to pay on delivery, if you have paid please collect your money....

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by touchmeder: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
4C2215131:

Please i didnt ask op to sue (its a no brainer). I said a strong worded letter. That can never cost over 10k; e nor go even reach 5k.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Shugajay(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
Tyche:

I was adoring your profile pic and realised that the photographer's finger is showing grin .

I can help you edit the finger
Lol.. Yea, u re very observant cool.. Na church premises I dey take dah picshure.. Duno wah d guy I asked 2 snap me was looking @, dah he jux wasnt concentratyn.. Would luv 2 see d edited wrk grin..
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by kentorks: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
equlibrium:
hahaha.. .
Have you evr tot mayb som of us write these tins to get reactions?
Indolentmumu
classic grin
What sort of reaction, dats who u r
lolss, u tryna get on d good side but remember a leopard can never change its skin
u r so Jejune #quoteMeOnDat #teachingUenglish #indolentMumu
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Slyder(m): 10:53pm On Jul 04, 2014
Guys I need your help, can I cancel the goods I already ordered on konga? And pls hw? I ordered for it with the pay on delivery option.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by macklef(m): 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
Slyder: Guys I need your help, can I cancel the goods I already ordered on konga? And pls hw? I ordered for it with the pay on delivery option.
What actually is your fear, you havnt n will not pay till u get ur goods,
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Slyder(m): 12:03am On Jul 05, 2014
macklef:
What actually is your fear, you havnt n will not pay till u get ur goods,
I need it on or b4 next week wednesday, sent them a mail if I'll get them b4 den, no reply yet. So I'm thinking of getting it in a local store around instead. I hope I'm not tied to buy since I've ordered?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by generalissimo(m): 4:32am On Jul 05, 2014
rattlesnake: i had the same epereince
BUT

THEY WERE SO IMPRESSIVE AND PROFESSIONAL eventhough i was far far from lagos

THEY COLLECTED MY RETURNED GOOD AND RETURNED MY 50K

Maybe ur luck is affected from ur village grin grin grin angry angry angry
We didnt know u work for Jumia.com. Now we know. How is their pay?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Tyche(m): 4:53am On Jul 05, 2014
Shuga jay: Lol.. Yea, u re very observant cool.. Na church premises I dey take dah picshure.. Duno wah d guy I asked 2 snap me was looking @, dah he jux wasnt concentratyn.. Would luv 2 see d edited wrk grin..

Only few men wouldn't make the same mistake. The brother was carried away by your beauty you know.

BTW, Thank you for awarding me this contract, I am not an average Nigerian that abandons contracts half away grin .

My olu aka will amaze you grin

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by macklef(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2014
Slyder: I need it on or b4 next week wednesday, sent them a mail if I'll get them b4 den, no reply yet. So I'm thinking of getting it in a local store around instead. I hope I'm not tied to buy since I've ordered?
Oh, i see. Then go ahead to cancel it then or make inquiries to confirm if it will arrive before the said day
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by crowley(m): 8:51am On Jul 05, 2014
Dunno wat to say sha... I visited jumia this previous sunday trying to get a good deal on a play station 4.. I have been doing a lot lot of business with them that I am now well known.. To cut it short, I called one of their customer care, A girl named nancy,. And told her to send me a link to get the ps4.. She sent me a link to my email nd said it was offering a 36% discount promo.. I was so happy and rushed to place my order.. The initial price was 112,000 but the promo beat it down to 81,995.. http://www./sony-playstation-4-500gb-console-black-82007.html Wich was still surprisingly high.. And the page recorded a -27% discount not the -36% she told me.. But since I have already given my play station 3 out, I really needed it.. So I sent them a mail telling them to create me a 40k voucher and sent the money via atm.. I was given the voucher pin.. So I ordered and verified my number nd address as usual.. So I choose pay on delivery, so I was to pay the balance 41,995.. As at on wednesday, the item was still processing when I used my order tracker.. so dunno wat made me check other sites, nd discover that a brand new ps4 cost only $399.. I was wowed.. I visited olx and got a brand new ps4 deal for 60k with 4 games bundle.. I quickly ordered that wednesday nd got it yesterday afternoon via waybill.. So I quickly called jumia nd cancelled my order with them.. Not less than 30mins after, I got an alert that my money I paid for the voucher has been returned to my acct.. Nd my order was cancelled nd the voucher pin was rendered useless.. SO IF YOU SAY JUMIA SCAMMED YOU, THEN I SAY YOU ARE A KONGA.com WORKER.. So please if what you say is true, kindly call their customer care and sort thing out.. If possible, ask for nancy and say michael sent u.. She knows me.. And stop tarnishing their image... I can say that their prices are very high, but they are trusted..
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by crowley(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2014
Or you can simply go to lagos stadium with soldiers on sunday by 1pm and beat up every1... Jumia is playing a match with airtel.. Atleast itz been long I av wanted to see a beaten airtel worker on tv...

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by JosephCudjoe(m): 10:30am On Jul 05, 2014
Ask4bigneyo:
LAST BULLET:
For those that Love Play Station,
right now m playing FIFA 2014 and i need a tutorial on which button to press if i want SUAREZ to bite someone...! Very urgent pls
Hold L2 when approaching player or R2 when a player approaches u,when in contact wit d player press O+X and release...d longer u hold O+X,d longer d bite....then 4 Suarez 2 fake a scream while holding his teeth after d bite press R3

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. / Nigeria's World Trade Center Abuja Poised To Send Its Economy Sky High - CNN / Temie Giwa-Tubosun Wins $250K Jack Ma’s Netrepreneur Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.