Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier (9747 Views)

FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier / Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 04, 2014
The Federal Government on Tuesday asked investors from China to partner Nigeria in floating a national carrier for the country.

According to the government, Nigeria being the largest economy in Africa should have a national carrier.

The Supervising Minister of Aviation, Dr. Samuel Ortom, disclosed this when he received a Chinese delegation at the headquarters of the Federal Ministry of Aviation in Abuja.

The Chinese delegation was led by the Director-General, China Development Bank, Wang Wensong, who was accompanied by experts from China Academy of Civil Aviation, Science and Technology.

Ortom told the delegation that there were so many opportunities in Nigeria's aviation sector, adding that "I would not mind suggesting to you that we can go into partnership to float a national carrier which we don't have currently.

He added, "You will agree with me that we need a national carrier as a country. The most populous country on the continent of Africa and of course based on our recently rebased figure, we are the richest country on the soil of Africa.

"So, there is no reason we should not have a national carrier. We are seeking partnership where we can get good partners who are ready to work with us to establish a national carrier and there is nothing wrong with that."

He said the Federal Government was exploring opportunities inherent in the sector, adding that this was the reason why aviation experts from China and the China Development Bank were in Nigeria.

"At the end, they are going to make their own recommendation but we have just had preliminary discussions today," he said.

The minister said the government was going to get experts in the sector to sit with the Chinese team to work out details on how best "we can come out with a programme that will usher us into a very sustainable and stable aviation industry."

Ortom said, "We shall need encouragement in investing in the aviation sector and also in human capacity building so that we can meet international standard."

He noted that the Chinese delegation was expected to go into a special technical session with Nigerian aviation experts on Thursday to outline areas of interest for Nigeria.

"China Development Bank will be glad to assist us in the Nigerian aviation sector. Just indicate your interest and we will be ready to support you. We are willing to listen and know your area of interest," Ortom said.
http://odili.net/news/source/2014/jul/2/828.html
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 04, 2014
Is there anything Nigerians can do by themselves?

19 Likes

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Evestar200(f): 3:02am On Jul 04, 2014
Bt i read somewhere in the news on AIT that the CONFAB members vote against a new national carrier and d reviving of the old national carrier.

1 Like

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by OuchDaddy(m): 6:23am On Jul 04, 2014
OK..
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by estyvino(m): 6:25am On Jul 04, 2014
I look forward to a time when with less than #10,000 naira. You can fly to any place in Nigerian.
God bless this Nation.
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Yoney007(f): 6:25am On Jul 04, 2014
In this unsecured country?? When will Nigeria starts priotizing their needs lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by lmm4real: 6:25am On Jul 04, 2014
I think this is just another avenue for the "boys" to chop.

1 Like

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by LMAyedun(m): 6:26am On Jul 04, 2014
jerseyboy: Is there anything Nigerians can so by themselves?
Yes! Nigerians can embezzle funds, Nigerians can manufacture local bombs to kill each other, World best election riggers & many more.

18 Likes

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by G12(m): 6:27am On Jul 04, 2014
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by naijathings(m): 6:32am On Jul 04, 2014
make dem continue to woo and put us in woes

12 Likes

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by kingthreat(m): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2014
With all the money and the bragging in the banking sytem, we still need the Chinese?

2 Likes

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Edwardhead(m): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2014
All Is Said

Please Remember My Signature

1 Like

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 04, 2014
jerseyboy: Is there anything Nigerians can so by themselves?

we can make koko garri. That must count for something no?

2 Likes

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by gbaskiboy: 6:35am On Jul 04, 2014
Good partnership indeed, but china tinz no dey last oo
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:38am On Jul 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by lafuria1(m): 6:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Which country got the contract to rehabilate our rail lines along lagos jebba road, the chinese but abadoned and I guess reawarded.

Anyway corruption won't allow us to operate a national airline. Airline business dont survive if it get affected with corruption and mismanagement.
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by kossyablaze(m): 6:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Mtchew

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by slimthugchimee(m): 6:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Cool
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by chelseabmw(m): 6:46am On Jul 04, 2014
estyvino: I look forward to a time when with less than #10,000 naira. You can fly to any place in Nigerian.
God bless this Nation.

My brother nothing comes down in nigeria... na up up everything dey go for 9ja

If that's your dream, it means that u are the type that his dreams doesn't smell reality cry

1 Like

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by kobonaire(m): 6:47am On Jul 04, 2014
As long as that means we can chop Chinese fried rice in the air I am happy.... grin
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by masterP042(m): 6:47am On Jul 04, 2014
booked

space.

space

booked.

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by NaLaugh: 6:51am On Jul 04, 2014
China-made carrier abi
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Youngzedd(m): 6:56am On Jul 04, 2014
estyvino: I look forward to a time when with less than #10,000 naira. You can fly to any place in Nigerian.
God bless this Nation.

10K is still on a high side.

1 Like

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by bigx(m): 6:58am On Jul 04, 2014
China plane
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by alotofgrace(m): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2014
well....borrowed National carrier.....
shhhheeeeesssshhhhh
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Nzecorneboy: 7:01am On Jul 04, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
Yes! Nigerians can embezzle funds, Nigerians can manufacture local bombs to kill each other, World best election riggers & many more.
and a place wia m.umu lyk u are being wiped! Crap talker dat has no job!
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by CharlieMaria(m): 7:04am On Jul 04, 2014
noted.
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Ebubeslym(m): 7:07am On Jul 04, 2014
master P 042: booked

space...
you still doing dis at ur age??

oga seun abeg do the needful
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by ibitomisi: 7:07am On Jul 04, 2014
Ohk!! we don hear una
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by egift(m): 7:12am On Jul 04, 2014
Auctioning everything to the Chinese. At this rate, within years we will owe China everything we have and it will not be enough to repay our debt.

1 Like

Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Wolison(m): 7:18am On Jul 04, 2014
Hmm.....everything in this country now moves In the direction of Chinese....I guess Chinese re coming with a disguised technological colonializaton.....though, a good development for the aviation industry......if allowed to see the light of the day oooooo!!...if not syphoned by our corrupt criminals at the helm of affairs .....front page Noni!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2014
YIKES!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Money With Mega Wave / Sales Of Second Hand Clothes / How To Ship Products You Buy Online To Nigeria From Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.