Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill (5717 Views)

Nissan Primera P11-144 Pinging Sound With Power Loss / Nissan Primera P11-144 CVT Not Selecting Properly Codes P0325 and P1777 / Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 11:30am On Jul 04, 2014
Ok. I finally took the car on a 164km
(approx 102miles) journey yesterday. It
moved averagely ok but I noticed any
time it was climbing a hill it was very,
very lazy. If I was on 100km/hr the car
may drop to 70/80km/hr. The car has CVT auto tranny. People, I know
something is wrong with the engine. And maybe the problem contributed to poor
mileage as well. What can it be be? Your
responses are appreciated.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by mayor2013: 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
cool
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by mayor2013: 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Go run a comprehensive scanning on your car. Call 08165520837 or 08165520837 to run a comprehensive scanning
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by honmusa(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
try to check ur MAF,use recommended spark plug (Nissan Primera 144s are actually picky when it comes to spark plug)
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
honmusa: try to check ur MAF,use recommended spark plug (Nissan Primera 144s are actually picky when it comes to spark plug)
Pls what type of plugs are recommended for d car
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
mayor2013: Go run a comprehensive scanning on your car. Call 08165520837 or 08165520837 to run a comprehensive scanning
There is no check light showing.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
Auto gurus come to my aid here oo.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
pragmatist_m: Pls what type of plugs are recommended for d car
Any of these would do:
NGK BKR6EY-11
NGK PFR5G-11
NGK BKR6E GP
Get any of these and you wouldn't have to bother for the next 100k miles. A piece costs about 2,000 naira.

1 Like

Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
honmusa: try to check ur MAF,use recommended spark plug (Nissan Primera 144s are actually picky when it comes to spark plug)
Your car is probably over 200k kilometres. You might need to check/change the these things as suggested.
One other thing to consider are the two speed sensors. For the MAF, more readily available is the one with the part number 22680-6N21A. The speed sensors are 31935-8E004 and 31935-8E005. Get in touch with Nissparts. Consider draining the transmission fluid too by opening the pan and cleaning the filter. You need CVT NS-1. Also, how clean is your engine air filter?
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
Costee:
Any of these would do:
NGK BKR6EY-11
NGK PFR5G-11
NGK BKR6E GP
Get any of these and you wouldn't have to bother for the next 100k miles. A piece costs about 2,000 naira.
Thanks.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Costee:
Your car is probably over 200k kilometres. You might need to check/change the these things as suggested.
One other thing to consider are the two speed sensors. For the MAF, more readily available is the one with the part number 22680-6N21A. The speed sensors are 31935-8E004 and 31935-8E005. Get in touch with Nissparts. Consider draining the transmission fluid too by opening the pan and cleaning the filter. You need CVT NS-1. Also, how clean is your engine air filter?
The car is still 154k plus. I removed the MAF and cleaned it with carburetor cleaner this morning but yet to observe its performance.

CVT tranny oil was recently changed & I used the NS1 oil. I also cleaned the air filter by carefully washing it.

Where are the speed sensors located and what maintenance is required on them?
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
pragmatist_m: The car is still 154k plus. I removed the MAF and cleaned it with carburetor cleaner this morning but yet to observe its performance.

154k kilometres (97k miles) for a 12-year old or more car. Sparingly used. Not sure whether cleaning the MAF will achieve a remarkable difference. It could even be worse if poorly handled. The speed sensors are on and by the side of the transmission. Like the MAF no maintenance is required.You change when they go bad. Even though your SES light is not on, it's no bad idea running a scan.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 12:10am On Jul 08, 2014
Costee:
154k kilometres (97k miles) for a 12-year old or more car. Sparingly used. Not sure whether cleaning the MAF will achieve a remarkable difference. It could even be worse if poorly handled. The speed sensors are on and by the side of the transmission. Like the MAF no maintenance is required.You change when they go bad. Even though your SES light is not on, it's no bad idea running a scan.
Ok. noted.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by oluwaseunla(m): 5:30am On Jul 08, 2014
Took my wife's P11-144 out yesterday (for the first time), and I noticed thesame lazy movement uphill (I refused to floor the accelerator though). No CEL too. I was thinking; could it be the CVT tranny trying to adjust or something. Although hers is now due for oil and filter change which I'll be doing this week.
Pragmatistm, has the car been very fast uphill before? I hope it's not just the normal speed loss due to the increased gradient. (It's not a v6 you know, so it appeared slower than my daily driver). I'll create time to troubleshoot wifey's this weekend.
Can I have your e-mail, I want to ask you some questions about the car and I don't want us to derail this thread. Thanks.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2014
oluwaseunla: Took my wife's P11-144 out yesterday (for the first time), and I noticed thesame lazy movement uphill (I refused to floor the accelerator though). No CEL too. I was thinking; could it be the CVT tranny trying to adjust or something. Although hers is now due for oil and filter change which I'll be doing this week.
Pragmatistm, has the car been very fast uphill before? I hope it's not just the normal speed loss due to the increased gradient. (It's not a v6 you know, so it appeared slower than my daily driver). I'll create time to troubleshoot wifey's this weekend.
Can I have your e-mail, I want to ask you some questions about the car and I don't want us to derail this thread. Thanks.
Ok. Let's talk. U can use formailsalone(at)gmail.c om
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by oluwaseunla(m): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
[quote author=pragmatistm][/quote]
Thanks bro. I'll mail you with my questions soon. You can edit your post to remove your mail address.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
People, someone on a primera forum suggested using the tranny selector "L" while climbing hill. I tried it but the tranny failed to respond. Instead the engine was reving higher rpm. Is the "L" selector bad?
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
pragmatistm: People, someone on a primera forum suggested using the tranny selector "L" while climbing hill. I tried it but the tranny failed to respond. Instead the engine was reving higher rpm. Is the "L" selector bad?

L is like putting ur car in 1st gear, how fast were u moving?
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
pragmatistm: People, someone on a primera forum suggested using the tranny selector "L" while climbing hill. I tried it but the tranny failed to respond. Instead the engine was reving higher rpm. Is the "L" selector bad?

L is like putting ur car in 1st gear, how fast were u moving? I'm sure the suggestion was for offroad conditions.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
Have you tried scanning?
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
Costee:
Have you tried scanning?
Not yet. Please how much does scanning cost?
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

L is like putting ur car in 1st gear, how fast were u moving? I'm sure the suggestion was for offroad conditions.
I was on 80/90km/h one time and 70/80km/h another time. Both times no response.

How do you mean offroad conditions?
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
pragmatistm: I was on 80/90km/h one time and 70/80km/h another time. Both times no response.

You shifted to L at those speeds? That's not right, u could kill ur engine/tranny. Try starting off from L and see if it works.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

You shifted to L at those speeds? That's not right, u could kill ur engine/tranny. Try starting off from L and see if it works.
Ok. I was ignorant of the effect. But I will try that your suggestion.

The fellow also mentions using sport mode just before climbing a hill. What do you think of that too?
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
@GAZZUZ, I have found more interesting info from this page:
http://ask.cars.com/2012/02/what-do-the-numbers-and-letters-mean-on-an-automatic-transmission.html

I now know what the PRINDLE mean. I also realize now that sport mode is best bet to climb a hill for sustained acceleration.
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Jul 24, 2014
grin
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
GAZZUZZ: grin
grin grin
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by billy187(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2014
pragmatistm: The car is still 154k plus. I removed the MAF and cleaned it with carburetor cleaner this morning but yet to observe its performance.

CVT tranny oil was recently changed & I used the NS1 oil. I also cleaned the air filter by carefully washing it.

Carburator cleaner? That stuff is way too strong for the delicate electricals found in the MAF! There is a dedicated MAF cleaner, which you'll find if you look hard enough. Anyways, I had the same problems so i cleaned out my throttle body with carburator cleaner and cleaned my MAF with 65% rubbing alcohol, which was because i couldn't find MAF cleaner where I am grin! (Kumasi, Ghana). That fixed my lag problem. Check out this link https://www.nairaland.com/1810830/good-news-modern-car-owners

Cheers!
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
billy187:

Carburator cleaner? That stuff is way too strong for the delicate electricals found in the MAF! There is a dedicated MAF cleaner, which you'll find if you look hard enough. Anyways, I had the same problems so i cleaned out my throttle body with carburator cleaner and cleaned my MAF with 65% rubbing alcohol, which was because i couldn't find MAF cleaner where I am grin! (Kumasi, Ghana). That fixed my lag problem. Check out this link https://www.nairaland.com/1810830/good-news-modern-car-owners

Cheers!
Ok. Thanks. How did you get the 55% rubbing alcohol?
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by austin4real(m): 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Pragmatist, loss of power could be as a result of a dirty fuel filter not pumping enough fuel when its needed to climb a hill.. I also use a p11-144, the vehicle started sprinting on hills immediately I cleaned the fuel pump filter. MAF cant be the problem tho, since ur car revs without challenge. I suggest u clean ur fuel pump filter, and if possible change ur vehicle air filter, u would thank me later....
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by billy187(m): 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
pragmatistm: Ok. Thanks. How did you get the 55% rubbing alcohol?
well, its commonly found in most, if not all drug stores, The concentration does not really matter, as the highest u'll get (like 80%) is safe to use as well
Re: Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill by pragmatistm(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
austin4real: Pragmatist, loss of power could be as a result of a dirty fuel filter not pumping enough fuel when its needed to climb a hill.. I also use a p11-144, the vehicle started sprinting on hills immediately I cleaned the fuel pump filter. MAF cant be the problem tho, since ur car revs without challenge. I suggest u clean ur fuel pump filter, and if possible change ur vehicle air filter, u would thank me later....
Thanks pal. Can u direct me on how to change the fuel filter. I know of air filter but not of fuel filter. Note that I am technically sound and have been doing a lot of work personally on ny car though not an auto engineer. Or should I visit the mechanic?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2013 Model Toyota Corolla Sport For Sale: / My Vboot Needs Help / A Nairalander Finished His Speedometer On Nigerian Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.