Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 (20091 Views)

Nissan Primera P11-144 Pinging Sound With Power Loss / Nissan Primera P11-144 CVT Not Selecting Properly Codes P0325 and P1777 / Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 7:43am On Sep 12, 2014
Hello house.Kindly help me. My car developed a problem that it will suddenly switch off in motion whether forward or reversing. Then it will restart and move with some noise coming from the engine. Now it does not start again and makes some poor rolling sound when I turn the ignition. I then scan this morning and got codes P0335 (crank shaft position sensor) and 1336 (CKP Sensor POS cog). Please what could be wrong? The car is Nissan Primera P11-144 wagon 2.0 engine and year 1999/2000. See the photo attached.

I need your help sienna, ikenna and others. Thanks as you respond.

Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Chinaimporter: 7:50am On Sep 12, 2014
pragmatistm: Hello house.Kindly help me. My car developed a problem that it will suddenly switch off in motion whether forward or reversing. Then it will restart and move with some noise coming from the engine. Now it does not start again and makes some poor rolling sound when I turn the ignition. I then scan this morning and got codes P0335 (crank shaft position sensor) and 1336 (CKP Sensor POS cog). Please what could be wrong?

Buy a new car.......a bmw m6 is built never to spoil for 6 yrs
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by autofixng: 8:19am On Sep 12, 2014
The sensor is responsible for your engine crank. You need to check what is wrong either to the sensor, wire connection to the sensor, connection terminals of the sensor.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by autofixng: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2014
The sensor is responsible for your engine crank. You need to check what is wrong either to the sensor, wire connection to the sensor, connection terminals of the sensor.
What is the make and model of your car?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2014
Chinaimporter:

Buy a new car.......a bmw m6 is built never to spoil for 6 yrs
Na wa 4 u oo.

People im still expecting your guide please.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by chukel(m): 8:37am On Sep 12, 2014
What is wrong with you googling those codes up at least to known the meaning. Everything must not be done for you. Check www.obd-codes.com
Start from there. Anything u don't understand, ask. It will be easier for u and everybody.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2014
autofixng: The sensor is responsible for your engine crank. You need to check what is wrong either to the sensor, wire connection to the sensor, connection terminals of the sensor.
Thanks a bunch. The car is Nissan Primera P11
wagon year 2000.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by menix(m): 8:47am On Sep 12, 2014
chukel: What is wrong with you googling those codes up at least to known the meaning. Everything must not be done for you. Check www.obd-codes.com
Start from there. Anything u don't understand, ask. It will be easier for u and everybody.

Since he aint aware nd u assisting won't affect ur statement of acct, y not help wiv ur 2cent.
Clicked on d thread cous I wanted to learn knowing It might b of help 4 future application.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by menix(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2014
autofixng: The sensor is responsible for your engine crank. You need to check what is wrong either to the sensor, wire connection to the sensor, connection terminals of the sensor.

Broz ve got a 2002 altima 2.5. Started wiv goin off on motion, now has refused starting, changed plugs, crank sensor, brain box,fuel pump buh started ysterday morning but by evenin it went back to status quo of not starting..
Wat do u think might b d problem.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2014
pragmatistm: Hello house.Kindly help me. My car developed a problem that it will suddenly switch off in motion whether forward or reversing. Then it will restart and move with some noise coming from the engine. Now it does not start again and makes some poor rolng sound when I turn the ignition. I then scan this morning and got codes P0335 (crank shaft position sensor) and 1336 (CKP Sensor POS cog). Please what could be wrong? The car is Nissan Primera P11 wagon year 1999/2000.

The two codes are identical as you can see. Check:
Harness or connectors
Crankshaft position sensor
Drive plate/Flywheel

Did you do any repairs around there lately?

1 Like

Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:28am On Sep 12, 2014
menix:

Broz ve got a 2002 altima 2.5. Started wiv goin off on motion, now has refused starting, changed plugs, crank sensor, brain box,fuel pump buh started ysterday morning but by evenin it went back to status quo of not starting..

1. You should open your own thread
2. Your problem sounds spiritual, since the only thing you have not changed is the engine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by menix(m): 10:40am On Sep 12, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

2. Your problem sounds spiritual, since the only thing you have not changed is the engine.

Opening my own thread wuld help u sell ur spiritual solutions?
Well light nd darkness ve nofin in common..
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

But gazzuzz you never commented on my car's issue. Try and comment now, please.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by chuchutech(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
pragmatistm: Hello house.Kindly help me. My car developed a problem that it will suddenly switch off in motion whether forward or reversing. Then it will restart and move with some noise coming from the engine. Now it does not start again and makes some poor rolng sound when I turn the ignition. I then scan this morning and got codes P0335 (crank shaft position sensor) and 1336 (CKP Sensor POS cog). Please what could be wrong? The car is Nissan Primera P11 wagon year 1999/2000.

Oga, what really happened is that your crankshaft position sensor is faulty, or the camshaft sensor as well is faulty. The P1336 is Nissan specific which automatically triggers on when P0335 is set. You have to locate the crankshaft sensor which is just at the lower engine side along the same area of the harmonic balancer. You have to unplug the connector wires leading to it, you will see the car will have the same running sound, that sound is the starter motor rotating to start the engine but the CKP sensor is bad to actually trigger the right plug to fire at the correct position, so what i mean here is that either it is misfiring at the wrong cylinder or its not firing at all. Check that and revert back. N.B: you can check with a digital multimeter whether the sensor is dead or partiallu dead
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
chuchutech:
You have to locate the crankshaft sensor which is just at the lower engine side along the same area of the harmonic balancer.
Yes, usually so. But for this model, however, it's located on the transmission behind the leftside cooling fan.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by sultaan(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Like someone asked earlier did you have someone work on the car recently?

And have you checked your timing belt if it is missing a teeth or skipped timing.

If no one worked on it start with the easy task of check the connection then check if the sensor is covered in dirt
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
pragmatistm: But gazzuzz you never commented on my car's issue. Try and comment now, please.

Been really busy, but so far every one is on point when it comes to your problem,
Start from easy to hard

Harness(wires that lead to your crank sensor)
The sensor its self(google how to test a ckp)
The timing belt(set crank shaft to top dead center then check timing marks)

I'm sure b4 you finish all these problem should have shown its self.

If you are good at using a multimeter call me ill put you thru on how to test the sensor.

Modified: I just thought of somthing if there was any mechanical work done on your car there a possibility your flywheel is wobling or out of place, have it checked
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
menix:

Opening my own thread wuld help u sell ur spiritual solutions?
Well light nd darkness ve nofin in common..

Sorry No insult was intended, just a joke, open a thread and ill reply you there.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
chuchutech:
Oga, what really happened is that your crankshaft position sensor is faulty, or the camshaft sensor as well is faulty. The P1336 is Nissan specific which automatically triggers on when P0335 is set. You have to locate the crankshaft sensor which is just at the lower engine side along the same area of the harmonic balancer. You have to unplug the connector wires leading to it, you will see the car will have the same running sound, that sound is the starter motor rotating to start the engine but the CKP sensor is bad to actually trigger the right plug to fire at the correct position, so what i mean here is that either it is misfiring at the wrong cylinder or its not firing at all. Check that and revert back. N.B: you can check with a digital multimeter whether the sensor is dead or partiallu dead
I so much appreciate your response. But please I don't know the lower engine side, Can you explain what part of the engine is that and what the crankshaft sensor looks like? Thanks.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
sultaan: Like someone asked earlier did you have someone work on the car recently?

And have you checked your timing belt if it is missing a teeth or skipped timing.

If no one worked on it start with the easy task of check the connection then check if the sensor is covered in dirt
Thanks so much. To answer the question, nobody worked on the car since the engine was replaced. But I had a nearly fatal crash with the car shortly after then. The only thing I noticed after the crash is that the engine sound deteriorated and the mechanic fixed that by replacing certain exhaust parkings. Not quite long though. I began noticing a deep sound coming under the hood if I rev the car but we tried to identify the cause but to know avail. So the mechanic gave me another appointment so that we can thoroughly check but before then, the noise worsened and the problem I brought upon this thread happened. I don't know if it is the cause of the problem.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Been really busy, but so far every one is on point when it comes to your problem,
Start from easy to hard

Harness(wires that lead to your crank sensor)
The sensor its self(google how to test a ckp)
The timing belt(set crank shaft to top dead center then check timing marks)

I'm sure b4 you finish all these problem should have shown its self.

If you are good at using a multimeter call me ill put you thru on how to test the sensor.

Modified: I just thought of somthing if there was any mechanical work done on your car there a possibility your flywheel is wobling or out of place, have it checked
I trust you man. Thanks for the guidance. Thanks for the bolded part. It just gives an insight to where the noise sounding as if a metal is hitting another as I drove the car in the course of this problem. I will try all the directions and revert.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by chuchutech(m): 12:41am On Sep 13, 2014
pragmatistm: I so much appreciate your response. But please I don't know the lower engine side, Can you explain what part of the engine is that and what the crankshaft sensor looks like? Thanks.

The crankshaft sensor is located at the back of the engine on the passenger side of the car approx a few inchs above the sump and actually on the engine block itself,i.e near the starter of the car. easily removed with a 10 mm spanner but can be tricky to get at especially if your a novice. Below is how the ckp sensor looks like

Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 3:23am On Sep 13, 2014
chuchutech:

The crankshaft sensor is located at the back of the engine on the passenger side of the car approx a few inchs above the sump and actually on the engine block itself,i.e near the starter of the car. easily removed with a 10 mm spanner but can be tricky to get at especially if your a novice. Below is how the ckp sensor looks like
Thanks. I will check those areas. I have also googled, read and watched two videos on the ckp and cam sensors. I will start work in the morning as I'm not a total novice. I've done many DIYs on the car before.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by autofixng: 7:44am On Sep 13, 2014
menix:

You need to run a scan on your car, don't allow guess work.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2014
pragmatistm: Thanks. I will check those areas.
I'm afraid you're going to search "those areas" in vain. The crankshaft sensor of your car is not on the passenger side.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by plendil: 9:31am On Sep 13, 2014
pragmatistm: Thanks so much. To answer the question, nobody worked on the car since the engine was replaced. But I had a nearly fatal crash with the car shortly after then. The only thing I noticed after the crash is that the engine sound deteriorated and the mechanic fixed that by replacing certain exhaust parkings. Not quite long though. I began noticing a deep sound coming under the hood if I rev the car but we tried to identify the cause but to know avail. So the mechanic gave me another appointment so that we can thoroughly check but before then, the noise worsened and the problem I brought upon this thread happened. I don't know if it is the cause of the problem.

sory, slightly off topic, but surprised to see this (bolded). I have the liftback model of the car, and was told the engine, like all aluminium engines, cannot be changed. . .
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
plendil:

I have the liftback model of the car, and was told the engine, like all aluminium engines, cannot be changed. . .
So what options did your informants proffer?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
plendil:

sory, slightly off topic, but surprised to see this (bolded). I have the liftback model of the car, and was told the engine, like all aluminium engines, cannot be changed. . .
That's the problem with naija mechos. They always assume and feel they know better than the oyinbo engineers that designed cars. Mine is also a liftback with 2.0 engine and we replaced it in January this year because the original engine had a problem.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Costee:
Yes, usually so. But for this model, however, it's located on the transmission behind the leftside cooling fan.
Please describe the location of the sensor a little more clearer. Is it in view as one looks down behind the leftside cooling fan?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
pragmatistm: Please describe the location of the sensor a little more clearer. Is it in view as one looks down behind the leftside cooling fan?
Yes. The harness connector is grey.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
Costee:
Yes. The harness connector is grey.
Ok. Sorry for disturbing you.I seem not to get it. did you mean as I open the bonnet,on my left hand side, I should look behind the left hand fan?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
pragmatistm: Ok. Sorry for disturbing you.I seem not to get it. did you mean as I open the bonnet,on my left hand side, I should look behind the left hand fan?
The driver's side. If you face the bonnet then that must be to your right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cars45, Do They Actually Buy Your Car In 45 Minutes? – By Autojosh / Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / For The Bikers - When You Suddenly Realize You're Following Too Closely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.