Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? (1876 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 19, 2014
alexleo:

Kindly read those portions again with a sane mind.
The portion you gave me from the Bible did not mention the name of the god of the Israelites.
You claimed that the Israelites don't believe God, tell me which God then is the god of Israelites? Is it Baal?

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 19, 2014
alexleo:

my dear leave the guy, he is confused. I hope Seun will start charging people for opening a thread so that some of this people will reason well before they spend money to open a thread.

You are the confused one here,you claim to know the Bible well and also claim that the Israelites don't believe in God,why don't you tell me the god they believe in if not God. smiley
If you are not the confused one here.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 19, 2014
malvisguy212: what are you saying? Because they sin once? Let assume the sin only one time, God don't ignore sin, you must pay for it, moreover the israelite live by the law at that time.

2 Peter 2:20-21New International Version (NIV) 20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior
Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it
and are overcome, they are worse off at
the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness,
than to have known it and then to turn
their backs on the sacred command that
was passed on to them.

Verse 22 SAY , as the proverb say.......the dog turn to it own vomit.
Why are Christians so good at dodging questions, you haven't answered my question, who is the god of the Israelites,which god do they believe in. Is it Baal or what?
I want to learn something new from you today. grin

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2014
Alexleo and malvisguy212 can you tell me where God is and what He is doing when all these things happens on earth:

More people commit suicide in New York City than are murdered.

About 153,000 people will die on your birthday.

Doctors’ sloppy handwriting kills more than 7,000 people annually.

Every hour, at least 1 person is killed by a drunk driver in the U.S.

Mount Everest has about 200 dead bodies on it, which are now landmarks on the way to the top.

Every 40 seconds, someone commits suicide.

Italian serial killer Leonarda Cianciulli was famous for turning victims into tea cakes and serving them to guests.

80% of all Soviet males born in 1923 died in World War II

You are more likely to die slipping in the bathtub, getting struck by lightning, or drowning in the bathtub, than from Terrorism.

Every 90 seconds, one woman dies during pregnancy or childbirth.
And much more. You should also know that not a single event happens on earth that God doesn't know of,but what does he do when this things are happening? undecided
Or let me say what does he plan on doing to end all ?
evils? He would torment sinners in hell for eternity, wow,what a great and perfect solution from a loving God. He hasn't gotten enough entertainment from the torments men are going through on earth ,so he decided to create hell for the continuous torment of men,of what purpose is that eternal torment? To entertain him ofcourse. Because if hell is trully for correction or punishment it shouldn't be eternal.

Oya tell me something I don't understand. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by alexleo(m): 9:38am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

You are the confused one here,you claim to know the Bible well and also claim that the Israelites don't believe in God,why don't you tell me the god they believe in if not God. smiley
If you are not the confused one here.

I don't have time for silly argument. You asked that we should show you in the bible where it is written that the children of Isreal had unbelief and I showed you. Rather than accept it you started some foolish talk and questions. Remain in your foolushness. If I show you any other thing you will still display your foolishness and I don't have that time to waste. I discuss with people who accept their errors. Bye.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:17am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Well I haven't seen a miracle with my own eyes except some I have watched on tv, so I won't in my right sense believe such which I do not witness,or which have not been verified. Point to the evidences around me,I want to see them,it seems you have a better sight than I do,s help me.

Then what are you waiting for? START A TOUR around the churches i mentioned and see for yourself the wonders of God!
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

What do you think would make a prophet enter a lions den in UI zoo only for him to be devoured by the lions? FAITH OR STUPIDITY?

Roman 8: 14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God they are the sons of God

FAITH is simply 'trusting the leading of the Spirit of God, through the word and/ or revelation!

If that prophet was led by the Spirit of God, the same Spirit that was with Daniel in the lion's den he woulm have had the same result but rather he had FAITH IN HIMSELF and decided to TEST GOD!

Remember 'thou shalt not tempt the LORD your God'
Matthew 4:7

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:35am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:
And where is it in the Bible that suggested that king Ahab didn't believe in God despite the proofs? Tell me the verse.

If Ahab believed God wouldn't he have punished his wife for her evil (I kings 21:1-16)

if Ahab believed God would he be an enemy to Elijah the prophet of God? (1 kings 21:20)

if Ahab believed God wouldn't he have hearkened to the words of Michaiah, God's prophet? (1 kings 22:13-27)

if Ahab believed God would set up idols, idols, idols against JEHOVA EL KANNAH? Would he? (1 kings 16:30-33)

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:37am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Why was God like a magician during those days(turning water to wine,turning stick to snake etc) and suddenly God no longer wants to be a magician again? WHY? undecided

Keep MOCKING GOD!!! GO ON MOCK AND SCORN HIM...The 'magic tricks' you seek are visible in the House of God...GO ON, TAKE YOUR FILL...MOCK ON!

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:40am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Which Bible are u using? Where in the Bible is it suggested that the Israelites don't believe in God? undecided

Exodus 17:7 And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?

Exodus 17:2 Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?

Numbers 14:22 Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

Mock on, he can endure it! Go on, mock and scorn him...Laugh and be merry...so did ZEDEKIAH, JEROBOAM...

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:57am On Jul 19, 2014
DAPO777: The God Almighty: DAPO speaks
" He would torment sinners in hell for
eternity, wow,what a great and perfect solution
from a loving God. He hasn't gotten enough
entertainment from the torments men are going
through on earth ,so he decided to create hell
for the continuous torment of men,of what
purpose is that eternal torment? To entertain
him ofcourse. Because if hell is trully for
correction or punishment it shouldn't be
eternal. "

Your ROYAL GODNESS DAPO

who caused the calamities you have just mentioned: MAN OR JEHOVA?

whose writing kills 7000 people, THE DOCTOR'S OR JEHOVA'S?

mankind sides with EVIL and blames JEHOVA for looking on?

A ritualist beheads another and blames JEHOVA for looking on?

A randy man patronizes a LovePeddler and still blames JEHOVA for looking on?

A tyrant orders the death of millions and the tyrant blames JEHOVA for looking on

Men marry men and they blame JEHOVA for looking on

GOD DAPO! In a nutshell you are more righteous, reasonable, loving, kind, logical, well read, and benevolent than the 'magical' 'on and off' 'sadistic' 'delusional' JEHOVA!

Abi no be so! Enjoy, be merry, laugh and scorn...a thousand years would be a second!

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:12am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Well you are wrong with that statement because I once believed, yes u heard me right,nothing was as real as God to me before,and I didn't see any glory,each time it seems as if God was talking to me,all I get is blames from "God" all I get was reprimands, all I get was God pointing out my sins and telling me how it's all my fault that this or that is happening to me,is that God's glory?
Not until I discovered the truth,it was then I knew I was talking to myself all along. angry If God truly lives I challenge Him to speak to me directly with an audible voice,since He did the same for Samuel,if God can speak to me, and not me talking to myself,then I promise to be one of His soldiers. angry
hmmm....thumbs up!
If only people choose to be true to self they will stop elevating the self-delusion of Faith over reason and incontrovertible evidence. I have not seen an amputee re-grow a limb before but i know of Oscar Pistorius who runs on prosthesis !

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

Your ROYAL GODNESS DAPO

A tyrant orders the death of millions and the tyrant blames JEHOVA for looking on

GOD DAPO! In a nutshell you are more righteous, reasonable, loving, kind, logical, well read, and benevolent than the 'magical' 'on and off' 'sadistic' 'delusional' JEHOVA!

Abi no be so! Enjoy, be merry, laugh and scorn...a thousand years would be a second!
As God who knows all and can do all things , these are the very things he is supposed to stop . There should be no room for blaming the devil or weak humans. The power of God should transcend all!

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by qstar(m): 11:29am On Jul 19, 2014
Why is it that all Christians' miracles do have medical/scientific explanation?

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 11:40am On Jul 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
As God who knows all and can do all things , these are the very things he is supposed to stop . There should be no room for blaming the devil or weak humans. The power of God should transcend all!

Ma bro na GOD DAPO comment i go like see...but thanks all the same for yours...GOD DAPO I'm waiting o!
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by nnofaith: 11:52am On Jul 19, 2014
I recently saw a video where boko haram lined up a group of people and were slaughtering them one by one, I am sure those guys where praying to "god" to save them, I am sure those guys were hoping for a miracle to happen at that moment and as usual god disappointed. Wake up and smell the coffee,there is no sky daddy up there.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by qstar(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

Ma bro na GOD DAPO comment i go like see...but thanks all the same for yours...GOD DAPO I'm waiting o!

You are a joke! You need years of rehabilitation.
Sorry, they've got you in the matrix! Pele.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

Roman 8: 14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God they are the sons of God

FAITH is simply 'trusting the leading of the Spirit of God, through the word and/ or revelation!

If that prophet was led by the Spirit of God, the same Spirit that was with Daniel in the lion's den he woulm have had the same result but rather he had FAITH IN HIMSELF and decided to TEST GOD!

Remember 'thou shalt not tempt the LORD your God'
Matthew 4:7

Hahaha, look at u,so because he was killed by the lion it means it wasn't God that sent him? Na u send am?
AM VERY SURE IF THAT MAN WAS LUCKY TO SURVIVE,YOU WOULD BE AMONG THOSE PEOPLE TO USE THE MAN AS AN EXAMPLE THAT GOD IS REAL. ANYTIME A BAD RESULT COMES,IT'S NEVER FROM GOD. ANYTIME SOMETHING GOOD COMES,IT'S ALWAYS FROM GOD. THINK. angry

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

So to you,one has to be a God to be able to reason and have common sense. Chaiiiiii is this ur level of brainwashing?

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

Oduduwaboy has answered u already,but u won't agree with ur common sense,y do u go against ur own logic?undecided
If u accept something that doesn't make sense to u it means u have been brainwashed beyond. remedy.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

Your ROYAL GODNESS DAPO

So it's only a God that can use his senses to know what is meaningful and what is senseless? Who created the doctors,ritualists and those people that are commiting evil,WHO CREATED THEM? PLEASE THINK FOR ONCE angry

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by qstar(m): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

So it's only a God that can use his senses to know what is meaningful and what is senseless? Who created the doctors,ritualists and those people that are commiting evil,WHO CREATED THEM? PLEASE THINK FOR ONCE angry

There's only freewill, unrestricted freewill. We are the choice we make.

Human beings are the God and Devil you imagine.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by malvisguy212: 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777: Alexleo and malvisguy212 can you tell me where God is and what He is doing when all these things happens on earth:

More people commit suicide in New York City than are murdered.

About 153,000 people will die on your birthday.

Doctors’ sloppy handwriting kills more than 7,000 people annually.

Every hour, at least 1 person is killed by a drunk driver in the U.S.

Mount Everest has about 200 dead bodies on it, which are now landmarks on the way to the top.

Every 40 seconds, someone commits suicide.

Italian serial killer Leonarda Cianciulli was famous for turning victims into tea cakes and serving them to guests.

80% of all Soviet males born in 1923 died in World War II

You are more likely to die slipping in the bathtub, getting struck by lightning, or drowning in the bathtub, than from Terrorism.

Every 90 seconds, one woman dies during pregnancy or childbirth.
And much more. You should also know that not a single event happens on earth that God doesn't know of,but what does he do when this things are happening? undecided
Or let me say what does he plan on doing to end all ?
evils? He would torment sinners in hell for eternity, wow,what a great and perfect solution from a loving God. He hasn't gotten enough entertainment from the torments men are going through on earth ,so he decided to create hell for the continuous torment of men,of what purpose is that eternal torment? To entertain him ofcourse. Because if hell is trully for correction or punishment it shouldn't be eternal.

Oya tell me something I don't understand. undecided
what is wrong with you guys? Is my explanation not enough? Were do this guys come from?

Sin disconnect you from God, the moment you sin, God has nothin to do with you again because you obey the devil by sining,the only prayer you have to say is prayer of forgiveness.a normal human bein cannot commit suicide,unless the devil has total control of there life, so , sin disconnect you from God that give satan the opportunity to take total control of your life.even the bible make it clear, the devil came to steal and destroy, so all those serial killer you mention were doin the work of satan, I don't want to judge the people they killed because am not God, but a true christian cannot die in the hands of his enemy.

AS FAR AS AM CONCERN, THE ENEMY WILL NEVER NEVER IN THERE LIFE COME NEAR ME, BECAUSE I SO MUCH TRUST IN MY FATHER IN HEAVEN.
Thank you.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
lol fellaz, it's all good grin

different STROKES or STRIPES for different folks! DAPO all the best...not even a committee of Angels can say anything to you about God that'll make sense...

To the Athiests General in the house...all the best! The road is well paved and I guess Julius Berger must have done a great job and with a PORSCHE PANAMERA wwhheewww...na to paro lo! jeun soke!! grin grin grin ...
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
qstar:

There's only freewill, unrestricted freewill. We are the choice we make.

Human beings are the God and Devil you imagine.

What baffles me more is how we souls are going to feel the pains in heaven,do souls have sensory receptors? Some say that souls would be given a new body before judgement so they can feel pains in hell and pleasure in heaven,and those same people believe that spiritual things and natural things aren't compatible, so how is it possible that we would have body(natural thing) in a spiritual world(heaven or hell)
The answer is simple. Everything is a figment of man's imagination, heaven and hell was created by man. That's the only way body can exist in hell and heaven.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie: lol fellaz, it's all good grin

different STROKES or STRIPES for different folks! DAPO all the best...not even a committee of Angels can say anything to you about God that'll make sense...

To the Athiests General in the house...all the best! The road is well paved and I guess Julius Berger must have done a great job and with a PORSCHE PANAMERA wwhheewww...na to paro lo! jeun soke!! grin grin grin ...

Let that committee of angels talk to me first,and see maybe I won't believe. They haven't talked to me yet,once they do,I will come to nairaland and start preaching. Thomas asked for a prove before he believed the person he was seeing was the resurrected Jesus,so why can't I ask for prove? angry
I refused to be brainwashed. angry
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
malvisguy212: what is wrong with you guys? Is my explanation not enough? Were do this guys come from?

Sin disconnect you from God, the moment you sin, God has nothin to do with you again because you obey the devil by sining,the only prayer you have to say is prayer of forgiveness.a normal human bein cannot commit suicide,unless the devil has total control of there life, so , sin disconnect you from God that give satan the opportunity to take total control of your life.even the bible make it clear, the devil came to steal and destroy, so all those serial killer you mention were doin the work of satan, I don't want to judge the people they killed because am not God, but a true christian cannot die in the hands of his enemy.

AS FAR AS AM CONCERN, THE ENEMY WILL NEVER NEVER IN THERE LIFE COME NEAR ME, BECAUSE I SO MUCH TRUST IN MY FATHER IN HEAVEN.
Thank you.

God created the heavens and the earth and saw that EVERYTHING WAS GOOD!!! Please from where cometh evil since God confirmed that everything He made was good? WHERE COMETH EVIL angry angry
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

Exodus 17:7 And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?

Exodus 17:2 Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?

Numbers 14:22 Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

Mock on, he can endure it! Go on, mock and scorn him...Laugh and be merry...so did ZEDEKIAH, JEROBOAM...

So people that believe in God are not expected to sin,so if they sin,it means they no longer believe in God? Please help me understand.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by malvisguy212: 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

God created the heavens and the earth and saw that EVERYTHING WAS GOOD!!! Please from where cometh evil since God confirmed that everything He made was good? WHERE COMETH EVIL angry angry
to you, this is a good question.
But to me, this is how I view the question:God why did you created me? You shouldn't have created me.

The battle of God and lucifer did not end in heaven, there are many tin the book of genesis dint mention, I strongly believe God make some prophecy, very soon we will know. It better I stop here. Thank you for your time.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
malvisguy212: to you, this is a good question.
But to me, this is how I view the question:God why did you created me? You shouldn't have created me.

The battle of God and lucifer did not end in heaven, there are many tin the book of genesis dint mention, I strongly believe God make some prophecy, very soon we will know. It better I stop here. Thank you for your time.

How is it not a good question, didn't God confirmed it in the Bible that everything he made (including lucifer)is good? undecided
Isn't it expected of a normal thinking person to ask,why there is evil after God has confirmed that EVERYTHING, NOT EXCLUDING LUCIFER is good,was God exergeratting when he said EVERYTHING IS GOOD! undecided
As a normal thinking person,why do we have evil then,if every thing God created is good as confirmed by him in the Bible.

Think about it! This is common sense and an expected question. angry
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by qstar(m): 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

How is it not a good question, didn't God confirmed it in the Bible that everything he made (including lucifer)is good? undecided
Isn't it expected of a normal thinking person to ask,why there is evil after God has confirmed that EVERYTHING, NOT EXCLUDING LUCIFER is good,was God exergeratting when he said EVERYTHING IS GOOD! undecided
As a normal thinking person,why do we have evil then,if every thing God created is good as confirmed by him in the Bible.

Think about it! This is common sense and an expected question. angry

Actually, everything is perfect. It is perfect that we live to die. It is perfect that there are good and bad people. It is perfect that there are no restrictions.

It is we- human beings that add emotionalism into the picture and all of a sudden, somethings become fiery and damn evil. Death is a very good thing the universe has to offer. The concept of duality- sin and righteousness, draws us back.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
qstar:

Actually, everything is perfect. It is perfect that we live to die. It is perfect that there are good and bad people. It is perfect that there are no restrictions.

It is we- human beings that add emotionalism into the picture and all of a sudden, somethings become fiery and damn evil. Death is a very good thing the universe has to offer. The concept of duality- sin and righteousness, draws us back.

Can u define perfection in ur own terms to me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alfa Bible Studies: God Is A Liar! / Viral Picture Of Nigerian Girl Smoking Weed While Reading The Bible / My Jesus Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.