Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

"Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" (5593 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / "666" Encrusted On My Blender: Should I Be Worried About This? (pics) / What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2014
Question – Joyce (Australia): My sister was diagnosed with a hole in her heart. Both she and I prayed, and believed God for a miracle and we did everything we knew to do, but she died. I’m so disappointed with God. My faith is totally shaken, and I’m at my lowest point since she passed on. I’m not able to pray any more. Why did God not answer our prayers?

Answer: I wish you could see the heart of God at this moment! It will be painful for you that your sister died but two things she said which she should also consider, she said we did all we knew we could, she didn’t say we did everything we were supposed to do, according to the word of God. She did what she knew to do. There is always God’s Word for every situation, and we should also know that God is always ready to answer our prayers; the problem is always on the receiving hand.

She said why did God not answer her prayers, who said he did not answer? Very, very important, to Joyce and maybe several others who might be thinking like this. She says she and her sister prayed for her sister to be healed, and then her sister died and she says I’m so disappointed with God, my faith is totally shaken. She says we did everything we knew to do but she died. You did everything you knew to do, what if everything you need to do wasn’t enough, what if you don’t know enough, that’s why we teach the word of God, so people can know more in the Word of God, so that when the day of crisis comes, you will know what to do.

A lot of people just don’t know what to do when trouble strikes and when they are at that point in their life, they are trying to put a lot of things together, and that information just wasn’t there, and if you didn’t have the knowledge, you are going to have problems. I’m not sure you did what you knew, but what you knew of yourself was not enough. I will tell you why, first, from what you wrote, you didn’t believe because, you were disappointed at God, and this God never fails. How could you think that he failed? He never fails, and again, does death end? Do you realize one time somebody was sick, and his sister sent message to Jesus? Lazarus it was, the sister sent a message to Jesus and she said, hey, your friend was sick, and Jesus didn’t go. But Jesus said something to them, he said it wasn’t onto death. In other words, he is not going to die. So that was a word of faith that Jesus spoke. The trouble was, the man died after Jesus said he wasn’t going to die.

Now you had an option to think Jesus was fake because the man died, Jesus said that he wasn’t going to die. So what are we going to do; oh! Jesus you lied. Jesus came there four days after Lazarus died. Lazarus was already buried and Jesus came and said, “Where have you laid him?” They said, “Master you want to go there? By this time, he stinks. Decomposition is set in, it’s four days.” Then Jesus said, “Didn’t I tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” And they followed him there, Jesus stood coming to the entrance of that cave, and he called that dead man by name, “Lazarus come out!“ The bible declares that he that was dead came forth, still bound with grave clothes, hopping, coming out, as soon as he showed up, Jesus said loose him and let him go.

I’m thinking about you Joyce, if you had the faith you thought you had, your faith shouldn’t have ended with death. Faith never ends with death. We give up too soon, a lot of times we give up, maybe the circumstances. Jesus said, he asked a question, Luke18:8, “when the son of man comes shall he find faith in the earth?” Because a lot of things will be going on and sometimes you don’t even have the opportunity to minister to that one, sometimes when someone is pronounced dead, the authorities take the body away and you just can’t do more. Because a lot of things have happened that work against your faith, does not mean it is about God, it’s what we allow. Think about it, it’s what we allow. Sometimes the family members don’t even let you do more. Jesus went to the grave, to where this man was buried four days. How many people let you do more, once that person has been pronounced dead? You may have not been allowed to do more even if you had more things. So think about it, God didn’t disappoint you, God was waiting for you, and he gave you faith. He says cast out demons, heal the sick, he says raise the dead, he told you. So why do we give up? We give up because we couldn’t do it, we want God do it in our time. We think it’s based on God’s time, no, our time is important and it’s our faith that determines the time.

If your faith is weak then it will take a longer time. If your faith is small, it will take a longer time because the Bible says when the edge of a machete is blunt, you must apply more force. Something you should have cut with one swipe, when the faith is sharp, it goes and it cuts once. But when your faith is blunt, you try to cut two, three or four times because it’s blunt; that’s it. If it is working, once is enough but if it is not working you have to cut many times. So if your faith is working, a short time is enough, if it’s not working it takes a long time.

1 Like

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by lomaxx: 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
I stopped reading when I got to this line

There is always God’s Word for every situation, and we should also know that God is always ready to answer our prayers; the problem is always on the receiving hand.

How do you know accurately that the problem is ALWAYS on the receiving end? How do you know?

In a transmission line, a problem could arise from the sender's end or the receiving end, but when you say that the receiving end is ALWAYS the problem....you've got some real explaining to do.

7 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by shaneroberts26: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
THERE IS NO GOD.

3 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by alexleo(m): 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
shaneroberts26: THERE IS NO GOD.

There is no God only in your brain.

4 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by alexleo(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
@OP, you are just talking too much here. Death is inevitable and when it comes nothing can stop it. Everyone's death comes in various ways- sickness, murder, accident, war, violent clashes etc. Even Joyce will still die when her time comes whether he curses and abadons God now or not. I don't care when I ll die but I pray God to make me fit for heaven whenever my time is up for me to leave this world. This world remains a temporary site for us all so we should always keep it at the back of our minds at all times. All this nonsense blames on God doesn't change anything. It doesn't even wake up the dead so its not neccessary.

3 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Unbias: 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
alexleo: @OP, you are just talking too much here. Death is inevitable and when it comes nothing can stop it. Everyone's death comes in various ways- sickness, murder, accident, war, violent clashes etc. Even Joyce will still die when her time comes whether he curses and abadons God now or not. I don't care when I ll die but I pray God to make me fit for heaven whenever my time is up for me to leave this world. This world remains a temporary site for us all so we should always keep it at the back of our minds at all times. All this nonsense blames on God doesn't change anything. It doesn't even wake up the dead so its not neccessary.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
lomaxx: I stopped reading when I got to this line

How do you know accurately that the problem is ALWAYS on the receiving end? How do you know?

[size=16pt]In a transmission line,[/size] a problem could arise from the sender's end or the receiving end, but when you say that the receiving end is ALWAYS the problem....you've got some real explaining to do.

God is not a transmission line smiley

if u sent ur child on an errand wiith details... and he flouted the instruction, or did not follow ur instructions.. who is the problem? the receiving end or the originator of the instruction?

1 Like

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
alexleo: @OP, you are just talking too much here. Death is inevitable and when it comes nothing can stop it. Everyone's death comes in various ways- sickness, murder, accident, war, violent clashes etc. Even Joyce will still die when her time comes whether he curses and abadons God now or not. I don't care when I ll die but I pray God to make me fit for heaven whenever my time is up for me to leave this world. This world remains a temporary site for us all so we should always keep it at the back of our minds at all times. All this nonsense blames on God doesn't change anything. It doesn't even wake up the dead so its not neccessary.

ALL the Heroes in the bible decided their deaths... they were prepared of it, and gave up their lives... death DID NOT take them... that is how it should be, not that trailer jam you or hammer fell from the roof and crushed the skull etc

go study, Moses, Jesus, David, Joshua, Isaac, Jacob, Paul, the apostles... etc
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Candour(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
Gombs:

ALL the Heroes in the bible decided their deaths... they were prepared of it, and gave up their lives... death DID NOT take them... that is how it should be, not that trailer jam you or hammer fell from the roof and crushed the skull etc

go study, Moses, Jesus, David, Joshua, Isaac, Jacob, Paul, the apostles... etc

You mean Moses decided not to see the promised land and decided to die on the mountain @ 120?

You mean David decided to die @ 70 when he could have stayed till 120?

You mean Paul decided he to be beheaded before he turned 70?

You mean Peter decided to be hung upside down just like that?

You mean Simon the Canaanite decided to be cut in half?

My bro, none of these saints decided to die or how they died when they did. They only had a better acceptance of the inevitable than Christians of today. In fact all the apostles except John died violent deaths you won't wish on an enemy.

Being prepared for death is very different from deciding to die. All sensible human beings should be prepared for death whether they like it or not because its inevitable if the Lord tarries and Christians are expected to be better prepared according to the bible.

5 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by advocate666: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
All that response na long grammar. The simple answer is yes.

4 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
People, God answers prayers. My immediate junior brother just got healed of HIV. We never Gave up. We held unto God's word. We kept reminding him of his healing promises. Even when my bro got worse, we kept praising God for answered prayers. People, words can't really express how we feel right now. Indeed there is a God. Believe it or not. He was tested thrice in 3 different diagnostic centres, all positive. Just last Friday, it came out negative. Even though it's what we've been praying for, we ( he n I ) were skeptical. Lol. We went to another hospital, the following Tuesday, still negative. Now my faith has really soared. I tell this to any one who cares to listen. Hahaha. Somebody pls help me praise this God.
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
Idyjackson: People, God answers prayers. My immediate junior brother just got healed of HIV. We never Gave up. We held unto God's word. We kept reminding him of his healing promises. Even when my bro got worse, we kept praising God for answered prayers. People, words can't really express how we feel right now. Indeed there is a God. Believe it or not. He was tested thrice in 3 different diagnostic centres, all positive. Just last Friday, it came out negative. Even though it's what we've been praying for, we ( he n I ) were skeptical. Lol. We went to another hospital, the following Tuesday, still negative. Now my faith has really soared. I tell this to any one who cares to listen. Hahaha. Somebody pls help me praise this God.

how did your brother contract HIV in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
Alfa Seltzer:

how did your brother contract HIV in the first place?

Does it matter? I'm in too good a mood to be bothered by agents like u, so run along now
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by lomaxx: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
Gombs:

God is not a transmission line smiley

if u sent ur child on an errand wiith details... and he flouted the instruction, or did not follow ur instructions.. who is the problem? the receiving end or the originator of the instruction?

Unfortunately you still haven't answered my first question.

Why are you people always evasive??

2 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by alexleo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
Candour:

You mean Moses decided not to see the promised land and decided to die on the mountain @ 120?

My bro, none of these saints decided to die or how they died when they did. They only had a better acceptance of the inevitable than Christians of today. In fact all the apostles except John died violent deaths you won't wish on an enemy.

Being prepared for death is very different from deciding to die. All sensible human beings should be prepared for death whether they like it or not because its inevitable if the Lord tarries and Christians are expected to be better prepared according to the bible.

You are blessed my dear. How some christians fears death makes me wonder whether they still remember that this world is a temporary abode for us and death is inevitable. Whenever I'm sick I pray for healing and still pray God for grace to make heaven if my time here is up. If God heals me- Halleluyah, if he takes me to heaven- Halleluyah.

4 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
Candour:

]You mean Moses decided not to see the promised land and decided to die on the mountain @ 120?

Hello candour, did death take moses... yes or no? Remember, Moses didn't even know how to die, God asked him to...did death take him or he gave up his life? Yes or no

Candour na, we all have different race,.. Jesus lived for 33 years, y didn’t u ask why didn't he live up to 70? When ur ministry here on earth is done, u check out, ask Paul...and Jesus, and David, and Idahosa etc

2 Tim 4v7-8
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: [1Co 9:24] [Phi 3:14]
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 1Co 9:25 1Pe 5:4 [Jas 1:12]

The man knew he was done with his assignment...

Hebrews 11 kjv
36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: Jer 20:2
37  They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; 1Ki 21:13 2Ki 1:8 Mat 3:4
38  (Of whom the world was not worthy: )
they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Candour o, did Jesus chose crucifixion? But death didn’t take Him, he said "father, into your hands I place my spirit"... he sanctioned his death, He gave His life up, it wasn't snatched from him by death...study and understand.. how they died is immaterial, what matters is they endorsed their deaths, death had no power over them... same as the new creation.

Did they give up their lives or did death take them away?

Are u prepared for death now? Do u know when u gone check outta here? Heroes in the Bible knew...as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Jesus, Paul etc
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 7:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
alexleo:

You are blessed my dear. How some christians fears death makes me wonder whether they still remember that this world is a temporary abode for us and death is inevitable. Whenever I'm sick I pray for healing and still pray God for grace to make heaven if my time here is up. If God heals me- Halleluyah, if he takes me to heaven- Halleluyah.

The post above reeks of fear and sore unbelief and plenty doubt and very far off from faith!.. If u aint done with ur assignment here on earth, Why would God wanna take u away? Or are u saying u done with what he sent u to do? undecided
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by nlMediator: 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
Candour:

I think you missed his point. None of those people died at random. They knew it was time to die and accepted God’s plan for themselves. God told Moses. Jesus told Peter the type of death he’d die. David put his house in order and even thanked God for letting him see his son on the throne. None of this justifies the belief that anytime we die is the will of God. The Bible teaches no such thing. It only gives cover to the devil to continue to steal, kill and destroy innocent lives, many of whom end up in hell. Unlike the people you reference – Paul, Peter, etc – who are enjoying in Heaven. Our role as believers is to stop the work of darkness in the lives of people (see e.g. Mark 16:18) not accept them in the guise that we’re following God’s will. That’s gabbage that finds no place in the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by nlMediator: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2014

There’s no such thing as everybody will die when they will die. If you see where it’s in the Bible, please point it to me. We Christians like the easy way out which includes accepting the devil’s nonsense so that we’ll not be ridiculed, instead of rejecting it in prayer and exercising our authority over evil powers. Countless number of people have been kept from dying after a sentence of death by the doctors or even evil forces because of the prayers of the children of God or by better medical intervention. Even in Africa and the developing world, many children die that would have lived if there was adequate hygiene and medical attention. When they die, we claim everybody will die some day in one way or another.. As though the kids that are living in the developed world live under a different dispensation from the African kids.
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by nlMediator: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
alexleo:

You are focusing on making heaven when you die, but have you thought seriously about the fact that many of these people that are snatched do not know Jesus? Does it occur to you that those of us alive are the ones that would preach the message to a dying world, which gives the devil the incentive to want to take us out? We owe it to ourselves and to God not to succumb to that. That has nothing to do with being afraid of death. Personally, I’m not afraid of death. In fact, sometimes under the pressures of life, I wish God would just take me to Heaven, so I can be free from the hassles of this life. From a human angle, some people have done more than they thought they’d in life and their legacy will endure. But that’s no reason to accept death orchestrated by the devil.
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Candour(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
nlMediator:

I think you missed his point. None of those people died at random. They knew it was time to die and accepted God’s plan for themselves. God told Moses. Jesus told Peter the type of death he’d die. David put his house in order and even thanked God for letting him see his son on the throne. None of this justifies the belief that anytime we die is the will of God. The Bible teaches no such thing. It only gives cover to the devil to continue to steal, kill and destroy innocent lives, many of whom end up in hell. Unlike the people you reference – Paul, Peter, etc – who are enjoying in Heaven. Our role as believers is to stop the work of darkness in the lives of people (see e.g. Mark 16:18) not accept them in the guise that we’re following God’s will. That’s gabbage that finds no place in the Bible.

You are the one missing the point. Did you read my post and the one I quoted at all?? The issue I have is Gombs saying all saints in the bible DECIDED their deaths. Its not about them knowing or sensing their impending deaths.

My grand ma who died recently at a very ripe old age acted in some very strange ways and said some strange things the few weeks before she died that leaves us in no doubt that she must have had a premonition of her death. People regularly have premonitions about death etc but I'm not concerned with a premonition or a pre knowledge of death.

The issue here is anyone affirmiing all heroes of scriptute DECIDED their deaths. If you or him wish to expunge "decided their death" from the discussion, I'll rest my case here.

1 Like

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
nlMediator:

There’s no such thing as everybody will die when they will die. If you see where it’s in the Bible, please point it to me. We Christians like the easy way out which includes accepting the devil’s nonsense so that we’ll not be ridiculed, instead of rejecting it in prayer and exercising our authority over evil powers. Countless number of people have been kept from dying after a sentence of death by the doctors or even evil forces because of the prayers of the children of God or by better medical intervention. Even in Africa and the developing world, many children die that would have lived if there was adequate hygiene and medical attention. When they die, we claim everybody will die some day in one way or another.. As though the kids that are living in the developed world live under a different dispensation from the African kids.

Gbam...God bless you.
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
Candour:
You are the one missing the point. Did you read my post and the one I quoted at all?? The issue I have is Gombs saying all saints in the bible DECIDED their deaths. Its not about them knowing or sensing their impending deaths.

Na wa o... didn't Jesus decide his death? Was he snatched by death?
John 10:18 KJV
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

My grand ma who died recently at a very ripe old age acted in some very strange ways and said some strange things the few weeks before she died that leaves us in no doubt that she must have had a premonition of her death. People regularly have premonitions about death etc but I'm not concerned with a premonition or a pre knowledge of death.

How carnal...was Jesus' death a premonition? What of David's? Paul nko?

The issue here is anyone affirmiing all heroes of scriptute DECIDED their deaths. If you or him wish to expunge "decided their death" from the discussion, I'll rest my case here.

Ruminate on the Scripture above
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Candour(m): 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
Gombs:

Hello candour, did death take moses... yes or no? Remember, Moses didn't even know how to die, God asked him to...did death take him or he gave up his life? Yes or no

Was it Moses decision to die on the mountain? Yes or no?

"Decided their death" is the issue

Candour na, we all have different race,.. Jesus lived for 33 years, y didn’t u ask why didn't he live up to 70? When ur ministry here on earth is done, u check out, ask Paul...and Jesus, and David, and Idahosa etc

I know we have different race but Did David DECIDE to die when he did? Who determines when your assignment on earth is finished? You or God?

2 Tim 4v7-8
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: [1Co 9:24] [Phi 3:14]
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 1Co 9:25 1Pe 5:4 [Jas 1:12]

The man knew he was done with his assignment...

The man knew he was done with his assignment is different from the man decided the end of the assignment. Who chose the assignment and who determined the duration? Paul or God?

Hebrews 11 kjv
36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: Jer 20:2
37  They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; 1Ki 21:13 2Ki 1:8 Mat 3:4
38  (Of whom the world was not worthy: )
they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

How does this answer whether Peter chose to be crucified upside down? I didn't even ask you if it was a lack of faith or a wrong decision that made Peter die a horrible death.

Candour o, did Jesus chose crucifixion? But death didn’t take Him, he said "father, into your hands I place my spirit"... he sanctioned his death, He gave His life up, it wasn't snatched from him by death...study and understand.. how they died is immaterial, what matters is they endorsed their deaths, death had no power over them... same as the new creation.

I know you believe so much that you're a god but please leave Christ the saviour out of it. He's the saviour of all those heroes of faith you mentioned and us also. He's not in our league. He's a member of the Godhead pls. We are talking about humans like the relative of Joyce mentioned in your post.

Did they give up their lives or did death take them away?

I'll appreciate if you can differentiate between both pls. It will help me answer you.

Are u prepared for death now? Do u know when u gone check outta here? Heroes in the Bible knew...as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Jesus, Paul etc

I am bro but I don't know when that will be. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David knew some little time before they died just like my grandma knew. Its called having a premonition and it helped them set their affairs in order. However, they didn't decide their deaths.

Jesus knew because that was the purpose he came for.

Paul was in Ceaser Nero's prison when he wrote 2 Timothy. The apostle was in danger of death from the first day he opened his mouth to declare that Jesus was the son of God. Of course he had the sentence of death hanging over him but even at that, he couldn't tell when exactly his head would be taken off neither did he decide it.

1 Like

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Candour(m): 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
Gombs:

Na wa o... didn't Jesus decide his death? Was he snatched by death?
John 10:18 KJV
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

How carnal...was Jesus' death a premonition? What of David's? Paul nko?

Ruminate on the Scripture above

Is Jesus a mere mortal like you, me or Paul the apostle? Do you realise he's a member of the Godhead?

Pls we are talking about humans, not the SON OF GOD

1 Like

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by alexleo(m): 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
Gombs:

The post above reeks of fear and sore unbelief and plenty doubt and very far off from faith!.. If u aint done with ur assignment here on earth, Why would God wanna take u away? Or are u saying u done with what he sent u to do? undecided

You people dont read posts well before replying. I said whenever i am sick i pray to God for healing and also pray for grace to be fit for heaven IF MY TIME TO LEAVE THIS WORLD IS UP. What is confusing, what reeks of fear and unbelief in this statement? Whats the difference between my time being up and me being done with my assignment? Pls go back and read my post well. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
Candour:
]Was it Moses decision to die on the mountain? Yes or no?

"Decided their death" is the issue

Issue here is, did death snatch him? This is someone God buried, a man who never saw hell

I know we have different race but Did David DECIDE to die when he did? Who determines when your assignment on earth is finished? You or God?

Ask Paul what he meant when he was writing Timothy... who decided he's finished his course

The man knew he was done with his assignment is different from the man decided the end of the assignment. Who chose the assignment and who determined the duration? Paul or God?

Who said he decided to end his assignment? Dats suicide na...don't deviate from target...point is, did death snatch him away?

How does this answer whether Peter chose to be crucified upside down? I didn't even ask you if it was a lack of faith or a wrong decision that made Peter die a horrible death.

I was pointing out that their mode of death is inconsequential...n dat death had no power over them...too bad u dnt see dat

I know you believe so much that you're a god but please leave Christ the saviour out of it. He's the saviour of all those heroes of faith you mentioned and us also. He's not in our league. He's a member of the Godhead pls. We are talking about humans like the relative of Joyce mentioned in your post.

From the bold, are u sure u r a Christian? If Jesus did it, itmeans we can do much more than he did..that's Christianity.
1John 4:17 kjv
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world

As He IS, not WAS...my Jesus is alive, and He’s made me sit together with Him, meaning, am in the same league with Him...that's Christianity, Divinity in Human, He didn’t go to that cross to raise sissies or weaklings, He went to raise other Jesuses

I'll appreciate if you can differentiate between both pls. It will help me answer you.

That's the lowest I could go, if u dnt get the difference from that sentence, I can't be of further assistance

I am bro but I don't know when that will be.

Simple... but these folks i named knew...and when u done here on earth, God's gonna sent u ur return ticket.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David knew some little time before they died just like my grandma knew. Its called having a premonition and it helped them set their affairs in order. However, they didn't decide their deaths.

When Jesus was gisting with His disciples in the last supper, He was having premonitions abi? When Jacob was rejecting Reuben etc he was having premonitions shey? Joshua too abi.? So, in ur theory now, younger folks like Jesus' age have premonitions? undecided

Jesus knew because that was the purpose he came for.

What of Paul?

Paul was in Ceaser Nero's prison when he wrote 2 Timothy. The apostle was in danger of death from the first day he opened his mouth to declare that Jesus was the son of God. Of course he had the sentence of death hanging over him but even at that, he couldn't tell when exactly his head would be taken off neither did he decide it.

Was that the first time he was in jail? Why didn't he write he has finished his course we he was dragged to jail the first time? How come he didn't knw death was hanging over him the first time?
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
Candour:

Is Jesus a mere mortal like you, me or Paul the apostle? Do you realise he's a member of the Godhead?

Pls we are talking about humans, not the SON OF GOD

That Son of God is not ashamed to call me brethren.. ur problem here is u see Jesus as God only...he is a friend, a brother, a colleague...and as He is, so am I iN THIS WORLD, not when I get to heaven
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Gombs(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
alexleo:

You people dont read posts well before replying. I said whenever i am sick i pray to God for healing and also pray for grace to be fit for heaven IF MY TIME TO LEAVE THIS WORLD IS UP. What is confusing, what reeks of fear and unbelief in this statement? Whats the difference between my time being up and me being done with my assignment? Pls go back and read my post well. Thanks.

U don't get it still eef.. heaven is my home, I dont need work to get there, neither do I need grace...we are already in Zion, we are citizens of heaven. If I leave home now to say, market, now, do I need pray to be fit to go home or do I need grace to get to be fit for my home?
Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by Candour(m): 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
Gombs:

That Son of God is not ashamed to call me brethren.. ur problem here is u see Jesus as God only...he is a friend, a brother, a colleague...and as He is, so am I iN THIS WORLD, not when I get to heaven

Of course he's not ashamed to call us brethren but that gives you no right to go above your station. He's the physical manifestation of the Godhead, while you're just a part of the body like every other Christian.

Jesus is the saviour and even if he calls you brethren, it doesn't put you in the class of redeemer.

1 Like

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by alexleo(m): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
nlMediator:

I am not doubting your points but I have also seen people who got the best medical attention to a particular ailment yet they died of it while some other person suffering the same ailment and got a poor medical attention survived the same sickness.
There are christians who had engaged in serious prayer before embarking on a journey yet they died in accident and there are also some others that engaged in little or no prayer yet they survived even worse accidents.
There are christians that did fasting and prayer over a particular sickness yet they died while some others who just prayed normal prayer survived same sickness.
Some churches hold series of fasting and prayer weeks especially in the early part of the year. Part of the major prayer points in such services is prayer against death. Pastors make declarations too yet before the year runs out some of the people who prayed that prayer and shouted big Amen to pastors declarations still dies. This does not mean that prayers do not work but my point is that when your time is up you are going.
Like i said( pls mark my word, because thats what i ve been saying from the begining of my post here), WHEN YOUR TIME IS UP, anything can just be your own medium of exit.

Yea i know that satan always wants to kill and with prayers we can stop him from doing so but when your time is really up, you will go even after all the prayers.

1 Like

Re: "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" by alexleo(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Gombs:

U don't get it still eef.. heaven is my home, I dont need work to get there, neither do I need grace...we are already in Zion, we are citizens of heaven. If I leave home now to say, market, now, do I need pray to be fit to go home or do I need grace to get to be fit for my home?

Now you ve diverted to another issue which wasnt what i pointed to you, And let me answer you on this too. Yes you need to pray because there are people who left their homes fit and came back unfit, some never came back home because they died on the way to ordinary market. So why do you pray for safe journey when you want to travel if there's no need to pray. Same way one can set out on a heavenly journey and miss the track along the way without getting to heaven. Paul has this to say concerning the point I ve made.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Questioning The Implausibilities (giving Reason A Chance) / I Need MFM Deliverance / Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.