Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

My Website Is Under Attack!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Website Is Under Attack!! (17909 Views)

Nairaland Under Attack / Let's Design ur Website ,business without Corporate Website is meaningless.. / Website Is Offline!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
As I am typing this post to my website is being attacked from a place in Japan, what these sily guy(s) are/is doing is to eat my bandwidth, they keep posting rubbish into the comment box I attached to each post, they found their way into my database, even though I have changed my cpanel pass but this is still going on. Have mailed my host, but I just want to see what I can do before they do something

1 Like

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by DONOCSO(m): 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
add some verification to your comment box.

5 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by hilaryiwens05: 11:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
IT IS SIMPLY CALLED SPAM. Just install AKISMET on ur site to keep them off den u can delete dose comment from ur admin

7 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by IamGodzilla: 11:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
What's your websites name?
Is it a content management system?
If it is! Download a spam protector, like hilary has suggested!
And if its d traditional php....find a way to add a captcha code or some form of verification before the comment can be posted.as well...google a way to hide ur email in your code...

1 Like

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 12:43am On Jul 05, 2014
Iam_Godzilla: What's your websites name?
Is it a content management system?
If it is! Download a spam protector, like hilary has suggested!
And if its d traditional php....find a way to add a captcha code or some form of verification before the comment can be posted.as well...google a way to hide ur email in your code...

Its not a cms, I code it from scratch.

The comment box is ownly meant for registerd members, however ino one registered so how commemts kept showing for each posts is what I don't undersatnd,

As for the captcha, I hate it with great passion, if I visit a site and I see it, I just move on to the next, that's why I didn't want to use it for mine

This is the site www.naitalk.com

I have writen a script now to delete the comments, even with real ones
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 12:44am On Jul 05, 2014
hilaryiwens05: IT IS SIMPLY CALLED SPAM. Just install AKISET on ur site to keep them off den u can delete dose comment from ur admin

Will it work on a traditional php website?
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 12:46am On Jul 05, 2014
One thing I noticed is, there is an hacker kind of site that uses naitalk too, infact there is a naitalk. too, is there a way they maybe trying to force me off the web
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 12:51am On Jul 05, 2014
I have a robot on my server to block unwanted IPs, but its been almost 2years since I updated it, do you think that will work cos I don't know what the robot was looking at while I was been attacked cheesy

8 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2014
zz
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2014
rutchiekens:

Blocking IP addresses can reduce traffic to your site cos an IP can belong to more than one person.

There could be bugs in your code.

I just thought of something , I won't delete those comments again, all I will do now is frustrate that spam bot with my own. Blocking Ips isn't a good idea, I agree with you on that
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2014
zz

14 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2014
rutchiekens:

Stop deceiving yourself no one can frustrate a bot cos it doesn't have feelings.... It will do what it is programmed to do.

Hmmm...so what do you think can be done
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 05, 2014
zz
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
rutchiekens:

Find the back door in your code and lock it.

I doubt if there is any, however am making additions here no, then am writing my own bot as fast as possible
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
zz

2 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by callmejulian: 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
cbrass: As I am typing this post to my website is being attacked from a place in Japan, what these sily guy(s) are/is doing is to eat my bandwidth, they keep posting rubbish into the comment box I attached to each post, they found their way into my database, even though I have changed my cpanel pass but this is still going on. Have mailed my host, but I just want to see what I can do before they do something
ASKIMET is the way foward. If you cant do that, you can simply force captcha verification on each comment. smiley
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
rutchiekens:

If u are suspecting an asian country then u lied, u didn't code it from scratch... U're probably using phpBB so stop deceiving yourself..

You make me laff, anyway I did it my self from ground 0, its not a big deal, however what makes you think I lied sef
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
callmejulian:
ASKIMET is the way foward. If you cant do that, you can simply force captcha verification on each comment. smiley

Someone mentioned that askimet earlier, olease how does it work? As for captcha, its a no no for nw
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by WebHostingPal: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
cbrass: As I am typing this post to my website is being attacked from a place in Japan, what these sily guy(s) are/is doing is to eat my bandwidth, they keep posting rubbish into the comment box I attached to each post, they found their way into my database, even though I have changed my cpanel pass but this is still going on. Have mailed my host, but I just want to see what I can do before they do something

You can block the perpetrators IP addresses. To take things further, you can block the entire Japan IP addresses using dot htaccess.

Blocking the entire IP addresses of a country will block potential visitors to your website from the country.

There are other ways as well, but the choice is yours.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by IamGodzilla: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
I wouldn't suggest blocking ip adresses, why? Because of 1. What if I goto japan and decide to visit ur site?
2. What if am using an isp in nigeria that somewhat uses some technology in japan, which gives a japan ip address...
3. If you do not want to use captcha, why not use the mathematical form, where they just have to add or subtract numbers! That isn't much.
4. You could go through your logs and find out what ip address has been visiting your site, and if possible what page of the site. Its from there you could find what 'specific ip address to block'
But u should also know, hackers,spammers don't usually use their real ip addresses....
5. As for akismet.....I only know its been used on cms .but hey smiley google is your friend.

3 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
Godzilla thanks so much I realy appreciate it, I have tried my own method which I know will work, am not even going to delete the spams, have carefuly stored them to be used along with the IPs, even if it scale through this the first time, on the next try it won't be possible,
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by callmejulian: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
cbrass:

Someone mentioned that askimet earlier, olease how does it work? As for captcha, its a no no for nw
just go to www.askimet.com . Signup for an account then they'll direct you from there.

1 Like

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by cbrass(m): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
callmejulian:
just go to www.askimet.com . Signup for an account then they'll direct you from there.

Thanks a lot Bro
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by akereconfi: 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I visited your site and it seems you are doing some publicity stunt here

I hail theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

19 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by BUSHHUNTER: 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
I even fall 4 it •••• Nice way to advert
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by publicenemy(m): 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
hhh
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by publicenemy(m): 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
hh
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by bruno419(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
I don't even understand anything

1 Like

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by MillionDollars: 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Shebi na u dey shout GEJ till 2019! Go meet GEJ na.. M-O-R-O-N

2 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
I pray for you go n recover all in JN
Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by osewadare(m): 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Website Is Under Attack!! by bigx(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
Block Japan in your firewall

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Transfer Data From S3/S4/S5/S6 To S7 Edge / Tutorial-building Dynamic Websites / Facebook Owner Mark Zuckerberg Reacts To President Trump Policy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.