Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 (12846 Views)

Uthman Danfodio University E- Recruitment Hopefuls Let's Meet Here. / First Bank Hopefuls!!! / 2012 SON Hopefuls:lets Converge Here For Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by brainzdh(m): 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
I was the 2nd to the last person, it was more like a discussion session. I wasn't even asked anytin abt what Court reporting is nor even the duties. Though they'll test ur typing skills, you don't have to be a wizard; once you can make use of your two hands while typing, u're good. This is my 'Two Cents' for now, my fone is blinking low battery.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by codedprince20(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
To those who have shared their 2 Cents, I say a big thank you.......mine is scheduled for 2mrw! For how long did the interview last? How was the crowd?
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by codedprince20(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
To those who have shared their 2 Cents, I say a big thank you.......mine is scheduled for 2mrw! For how long did the interview last? How was the crowd?
Success to everyone!
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by avuekwe(f): 6:21am On Aug 22, 2014
brainzdh: I was the 2nd to the last person, it was more like a discussion session. I wasn't even asked anytin abt what Court reporting is nor even the duties. Though they'll test ur typing skills, you don't have to be a wizard; once you can make use of your two hands while typing, u're good. This is my 'Two Cents' for now, my fone is blinking low battery.

They started by asking me my state of origin. The Hausa man then began to praise Fashola for giving an Abia state Indigene like me the opportunity to be here. He went ahead condemning Abia state, that they weren't like Lagos state. And for thatN I should be very grateful to them cos I shouldn't have been there in the first place. I no fit shout, I just shook my head.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by senoritadupsie(f): 6:54am On Aug 22, 2014
Four interviewers,two female and two male. If you don't want to spend the whole day there then go early but they might spennd more time questioning you though,it got to my turn around that past 4 and I don't think we were up to 40. They talked abt my course of study and why I wanted to be a reporter,why I want to leave my present job, and I was asked to type that was when the Alhaja noticed my 3 long finger nails....abeg, cut your nails o.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by brainzdh(m): 8:40am On Aug 22, 2014
avuekwe:

They started by asking me my state of origin. The Hausa man then began to praise Fashola for giving an Abia state Indigene like me the opportunity to be here. He went ahead condemning Abia state, that they weren't like Lagos state. And for that I should be very grateful to them cos I shouldn't have been there in the first place. I no fit shout, I just shook my head.

Same as well, they asked of my state of Origin, i told dem Anambra; the fair Hausa lady then asked what brot me to Lagos. I smiled and told her that i was actually born and brought up in Kano, the whole thing took a different direction. Alas, it was more like a discussion for me; the hausa guy was cool, he even collected my number just in case i change my mind about this very job. Hopefully, if everything turns out well i'll definitely leave my current job. *Fingers Crossed*
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by brainzdh(m): 8:49am On Aug 22, 2014
senoritadupsie: Four interviewers,two female and two male. If you don't want to spend the whole day there then go early but they might spennd more time questioning you though,it got to my turn around that past 4 and I don't think we were up to 40. They talked abt my course of study and why I wanted to be a reporter,why I want to leave my present job, and I was asked to type that was when the Alhaja noticed my 3 long finger nails....abeg, cut your nails o.

Seems i saw u there yesterday, u were among the last 5 right?
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by adelawry(m): 9:29am On Aug 22, 2014
I was among the last five too. The guy with a white shirt and black suit that sat in front, I was called b4 the girl on wine shirt. I wasnt interviewed, the interviewers said the job is not for my discipline and I was opportuned to see my test score - 42/60
they also said that there will be an 18th month bond training and that I cant leave until the elapsed time. I felt disappointed but life continues. Goodluck to u guys
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Sirolad(m): 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
Just through with mine now. May Allah give us the best.
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by codedprince20(m): 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Did mine dis morning...I was the first to be interviewed 2day.....Funny enof, much questions wasn't asked frm me....I was jx asked abt my Course of Study,University, why I want to be a Court Reporter, Why I should be considered for the job...after that I was asked to do some typing for sm seconds.......DASALL!!!

Success to everyone!
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by brainzdh(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
adelawry: I was among the last five too. The guy with a white shirt and black suit that sat in front, I was called b4 the girl on wine shirt. I wasnt interviewed, the interviewers said the job is not for my discipline and I was opportuned to see my test score - 42/60
they also said that there will be an 18th month bond training and that I cant leave until the elapsed time. I felt disappointed but life continues. Goodluck to u guys

What's your discipline?
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by snadguy007(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
codedprince20: Did mine dis morning...I was the first to be interviewed 2day.....Funny enof, much questions wasn't asked frm me....I was jx asked abt my Course of Study,University, why I want to be a Court Reporter, Why I should be considered for the job...after that I was asked to do some typing for sm seconds.......DASALL!!!

Success to everyone!
Were you the guy with the bow tie ??
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by adelawry(m): 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
brainzdh:

What's your discipline?
Engineering
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by brainzdh(m): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
adelawry: Engineering
Wow!! Dont worry bro, a greater one would come.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by senoritadupsie(f): 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
brainzdh:

Seems i saw u there yesterday, u were among the last 5 right?
I'm not so sure,I was sitting by the window side and on short hair carrying a big bag.
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by codedprince20(m): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Snadguy007..yes I was d guy wit d bow tie
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by brainzdh(m): 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
senoritadupsie: I'm not so sure,I was sitting by the window side and on short hair carrying a big bag.

Lol, women and big bags. It's alright, all za best.
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Sirolad(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2014
so how long will we be waiting this time?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Sirolad(m): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2014
Some people came in to write the test on Friday. why should that be? I hope they are not already using the 9ja formula
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by snadguy007(m): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sirolad: Some people came in to write the test on Friday. why should that be? I hope they are not already using the 9ja formula
Maybe the test was for another job
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Hadyola: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
sad sad sad I just saw the invites in my spam folder... it's so sad. I wish you all best of luck
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Charde(f): 6:46am On Sep 07, 2014
Gudmorning y'all........fingers crossed on dis.pls info asap if u v any info.tanx. Enjoy ur day in God's presence.
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Sirolad(m): 5:33am On Sep 08, 2014
Hadyola: sad sad sad I just saw the invites in my spam folder... it's so sad. I wish you all best of luck
didn't you get the sms too?
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Hadyola: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2014
Sirolad: didn't you get the sms too?
No, I didn't. My phone was bad. Buh it's well, it's for the best
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Sirolad(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
I received this mail today
RE: TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Following your application to engage as trainees at the Lagos State Government newly established training centre through NAFS S.G. Nigeria Limited (the training and consultancy firm) and your desire to make a career in verbatim reporting, we are happy to inform you that you have been short-listed for an aptitude test.

Your aptitude test will hold as follows:

Date:  Saturday, 27th September 2014

Time: 10:00 am prompt

Venue: Suite A10 – A12, Dansarari Plaza, behind PHCN, Ziguichor Street,  Wuse Zone 4, FCT, Abuja.

Instructions

1.       You must not give this letter or a copy to another person to represent you
2.       You must come to the venue in person with the original copy of this letter
3.       You may only bring your writing material to the venue - Do not bring your mobile phone, tablets or any other electronic device to the venue
4.       You must come with a valid photo Identification and one coloured passport photograph
5.       You should only be seen at the venue at your appointed time above
6.       You must be formally dressed
7.       You are expected to conduct yourself in an orderly and responsible manner

Note

1.       Failure to adhere to the above instructions will disqualify you automatically
2.       The centre is fitted with CCTV cameras, so you will be monitored from arrival and all through your stay in the premises.

If you have any questions or need any clarification, please, send an email to: lagos.verbatim.training@gmail.com on or before the 24th of September 2014. Any queries thereafter will not be attended to.

Signed: NAFS S.G. Nigeria Limited
On behalf of the Lagos State Government
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Sirolad(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
am through with the interview already
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by generalife: 9:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Which test is that again in Abj? I also did the interview on 20th August bt didn't receive any mail 4 aptitude test. Anyone with Sirolad kind of anoda aptitude test mail after interview shd pls indicate
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by codedprince20(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
This is getting confusing! Which one is the aptitude test again after we have all gone for interview at PSSDC....Pls I need clarification.
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Sirolad(m): 1:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
I received a sms corroborating the email but it concluded dat I shouldn't bother if I have written the test before.
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by snadguy007(m): 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
What kind of confusion is affecting these people sef

One month and counting.....
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by codedprince20(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2014
It is now very clear that these people are confused
Re: Lagos State Verbatim Reporting Recruitment Hopefuls 2014 by Sirolad(m): 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
@coded, were you mailed for abuja test too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job / As A Microbiologist, Can I Apply To Shell Or Chevron? / Diamond Bank Is Receiving Cv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.