Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? (1039 Views)

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! / Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible / T.b Joshua Predicts That nigeria Will Loose nigeria v Guinea Match If......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? by emilo26(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2014
I just want to get your opinion(s). I was arguing with a friend of mine that Currently, if given the chance Nigeria will not be able to host the world. But he was of the opinion that Nigeria will be able to host the world cup. The world cup is a big event that gulp huge amount of fund and before a country is being considered to host the world, certain things has to be in place such include
adequate power supply, at least eight standard stadium, good four star hotels to mention but a few. Now I ask, do you think if Fifa should give us the right to host the world in the next eight year, do you think we would be able to meet up?
Re: Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? by pacodas: 9:40am On Jul 05, 2014
@OP keep dreaming.
Re: Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? by emilo26(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2014
pacodas: @OP keep dreaming.

what's your own opinion. can we or can we not?
Re: Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? by acenazt: 10:11am On Jul 05, 2014
Shey na money dem dey take host am? We go do am na. After all as we take spend na so money dey enta. Fifa dey pay host nation up to 500 million dollars apart from tourism wey d spectators go follow enjoy.
Re: Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? by nzeobi(m): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2014
We can't because of the following reasons
Security, power, and bad rail and road networks but I know in 20yrs time we will be ready if the tempo of development is sustained
Re: Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? by technophile(m): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2014
Nah we can't, due too poor infrastructures, and above all, due to the Islamist terrorists.
Re: Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? by teniola55(m): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2014
We cant simply afford it.To host a world cup is too xpensive

First,we have to bribe fifa for giving us the hosting right..ALSO,DO YOU KNW HW MUCH WAS SPENT FOR BRAZIL TO CONSTRUCT STADIAS...THE CHEAPEST STADIA CONSTRUCTED BY BRAZIL COST $240 million
Re: Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? by CLT123(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2014
No
Re: Do You Think That Nigeria Can Host The World Cup Currently? by emilo26(m): 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
teniola55: We cant simply afford it.To host a world cup is too xpensive
First,we have to bribe fifa for giving us the hosting right..ALSO,DO YOU KNW HW MUCH WAS SPENT FOR BRAZIL TO CONSTRUCT STADIAS...THE CHEAPEST STADIA CONSTRUCTED BY BRAZIL COST $240 million

i share your optimism bro. We don't even have any stadium that fifa can manage, we don't even have power, our debt burden is so hugh and most importantly, almighty corruption. For now, we can't even bid for afcon self.

(1) (Reply)

Messi Could Still Be An Arsenal Player This Summer / Ronaldo, Lil Wayne Go Into Business Partnership / See How President Jonathan Receives The Victorious Super Falcons At The Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.