Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,817 members, 7,956,085 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! (22641 Views)

Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / How You Can Keep Your Emotions In Check Through Meditation. / You & Your Emotions 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Gold45(f): 7:46am On Jul 09, 2014
Not everyone understands so I'd rather cry alone / fall sick.
I am sooo tough outside that my ex's thought I never loved them. But I cried for 2yrs b4 I moved on
The higher the emotional walls, the softer the heart inside.

2 Likes

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Ayanfe01(f): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2014
GentleNaaz: FACTS ABOUT WOMEN....
1. When a woman is angry, over half of
what she says she doesn't mean...
2. The most difficult time for a woman
is when she is away from the man she
loves.
3. A woman is not like 'dettol advert',
if you don't take care of her... Others
will.
4. It takes time for a woman to trust a
man, its hard to change when she
does, but if you mess up, you might
just forget it.
5. A woman is such a school you will
never graduate from.
6. Your wedding certificate with her is
not a "driving licence", its just a
"Learners permit"
7. She can be a very bitter now, and a
very sweet angel later on, it all lies in
your approach.
8. A woman hardly forget things, she
remembers hurts more, avoid making
her hurt.
9. A woman can be highly
secretive...Most times when they
prove hard to men, they go to their
closet and friends to cry.
10. All women Loves to be begged,
they love it more than they love men
often..
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by UjSizzle(f): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2014
I still bottle up emotions, then once in a while I snap and everything comes flooding out.

Then there are also people who are more action type than word type. That is, they'd rather show you how they feel than say those words aloud. So many we all need to pay a bit more attention to this set too.

1 Like

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by stinggy(m): 8:30am On Jul 09, 2014
PrettyClare7: i used to bottle up o. I had d inner fear dat i wil be exposing my self for ppl to hurt me d more. Bt i hv overcme that wit smeone's help.
I know my dear. I'm so happy I helped you to get over it. So happy to have you tongue
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by DocAdray(f): 8:33am On Jul 09, 2014
You're right OP, I agree with you on this...

Unpleasant/painful emotions, built-up over time, can lead to a slow death!
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2014
I don't do it.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Missmossy(f): 8:57am On Jul 09, 2014
It all depends on the context or situation at hand though. If you have been hurt and you feel so unhappy that you think so much about it and you wanna let go, crying helps i must say.

It might sound so amusing but research has shown it helps to reduce bottled up emotions that leaves you tense most times.

Talking it out sometimes too does the magic,if you can't talk it out then there comes a problem. We just have to take the nearest option that could offer instant relief.

1 Like

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by clemmonce(m): 9:21am On Jul 09, 2014
coolzeal: One thing you can't hide is when you're crippled inside. I feel too much. That's what's going on. 'Do you think one can feel too much? Or just feel in the wrong ways?' 'My insides don't match up with my outsides and it seems like nobody understand me. Well, go out more, make good and reliable friends and be honest to them, live your life like tomorrow is the last, be dominant and most importantly good s*ex dilute emotional stress. Living alone doesn't make it worst but gives you more chance to privacy and enough time to conquer, I know because i live alone too.
are you saying it is good for an unmarried lady to live alone.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2014
jasmine21: I started bottling up my emotions 2yrs ago. The only person I open up to is my boyfriend. None of my family members understand me just 1 of my brothers and sometimes my dad. My mom is d last person I can ever tell anything to.

Anyway, Now that I live alone its even worse and I hate it. Thank God 4 phones at least.

see me thinking am alone in this. you can't pay me to tell my mum stuff.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by coolzeal(m): 9:27am On Jul 09, 2014
clemmonce: are you saying it is good for an unmarried lady to live alone.
Is there a law that prohibit that
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by portable86(f): 9:40am On Jul 09, 2014
jasmine21: I started bottling up my emotions 2yrs ago. The only person I open up to is my boyfriend. None of my family members understand me just 1 of my brothers and sometimes my dad. My mom is d last person I can ever tell anything to.

Anyway, Now that I live alone its even worse and I hate it. Thank God 4 phones at least.
You can't hide behind your phone forever,talk to someone

3 Likes

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by clemmonce(m): 9:57am On Jul 09, 2014
coolzeal: Is there a law that prohibit that
there is no law but morally is it Okay?
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by joywendy(f): 10:07am On Jul 09, 2014
engrflames: A problem shared, is a problem solved, don't die in silence!
we are in the 21th century, things have changed. You have to be mindful about who you tell your problems to. Sharing your problem with the wrong person makes things even worse than the inital problem.

3 Likes

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by joywendy(f): 10:11am On Jul 09, 2014
DesChyko: You know, it is not every feeling that should be spoken about. Some need time so that they can die off and rest in peace without ruffling any feathers.
exactly! Some things are just meant to be left unsaid.

1 Like

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by aminaeke: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2014
Bottling up your emotion is very wrong cos it is rotteness to the bone, it causes stress and low self esteem. Problem shared is half solved no matter how big that problem is.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by angiemartinez(f): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2014
d only person i can really share my problem with is my hubby, buh wen he is d cos of d problm, i just lock up abeg.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by aminaeke: 10:21am On Jul 09, 2014
My sis, there is no need locking up, wait for a time both of you are in a relaxed mood, discuss the matter respectfully with him and before that pray about the matter. If you continue locking up you will be doing urself more harm while he will feel all is well

angiemartinez: d only person i can really share my problem with is my hubby, buh wen he is d cos of d problm, i just lock up abeg.

1 Like

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by lomaxx: 10:23am On Jul 09, 2014
Bottling up can easily cause resentment.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Jennifer89(f): 10:28am On Jul 09, 2014
most times It's good to bottle them up lipsrsealed
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by enomasly: 10:35am On Jul 09, 2014
Hey jasmine21 you remind me of a white girl am in love with she bottles up her feelings opens up to me though am not her boyfriend wish she could be mine

1 Like

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by lomaxx: 10:36am On Jul 09, 2014
And I also notice that most people on here(the females especially) prefer to lock up when there are obvious issues to be settled.

Why do you folks prefer to lock up? Is it that you don't understand that solutions come from communication? Or are you too proud to come down to communicate especially if you bore the brunt of the hurt?

The more you lock up n your partner, the sooner you are going to resent him/her. And if you ask me, the sooner you're going to seek alternatives.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by killzone(m): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2014
Me prefer to lock it up rather than go and express ur feeling and get hurt the more
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by TrishaP(f): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2014
loves.
will.
just forget it.
never graduate from.
"Learners permit"
your approach.
her hurt.
9. A woman can be highly
often..
Hehe, ya right!
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by CodeineJunkiee(m): 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
I'll prefer to bottle it up like pepsi bottle o cos if I pour it out the results might be disastrous. If I bottle it up, with time the tin go evaporate grin

1 Like

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by histomophy(m): 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
Worried about your INCOME?
Add a second Paycheck with SFi(PROVEN Since 1998)
Get started FREE and Earn Real Money
For shopping online and More
Register and get Free Learning Aid and Videos
Email:histomophy@yahoo.com
with subject: Reg Link
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
loves.
will.
just forget it.
never graduate from.
"Learners permit"
your approach.
her hurt.
9. A woman can be highly
often..

True...All true.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by zurine(f): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
hmm
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by zeb04(f): 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Botlling up emotion is really bad you have to share it with someone.

If you don't like sharing your secrets with friends/bf's/family memebers,you can share with someone you havnt seen.....absurd,I know but I have a friend from nairaland(I cant even remeber the I'd again) we have never seen each other and we don't have plans of doing that. We talk a lot,we share secrets,we solve them and we move ahead.

The good part is,I don't judge that person,I don't condem,I don't gossip because I don't even know that person(good deal)

For those who have secrets/issues bothering them,you can try these method. You feel really good opening up and you wld never get baised answers.

1 Like

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
I'm terrible at doing this. I have the countenance of a mannequin. Chipping away those plastic layers tho smiley.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by baby124: 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
I cant bottle nada. If you try me, i tell you gbam!. Hold your side abeg, nor come near me or i bite you. I no get time to carry anybody wahala on my head. Life is too short. My anger may last for 10mins and opari as soon as i don talk am. If i bottle up matter for you, e mean sey your own don finish. You may not survive my action grin
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by LaRochelle(f): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men/guys Plz Stop Encouraging/producing Baby Mamas / Be Discrete With Your Moves / Abuja Woman Surprises Husband On Birthday With Hard Currencies, Expensive Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.