Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! (22533 Views)

Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / How You Can Keep Your Emotions In Check Through Meditation. / You & Your Emotions 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by LaRochelle(f): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
I have a way of expressing my anger and hurt; though I can't remember when I started using it. Whenever I feel deeply hurt or angry at someone, I first go to a solitary place armed with a sheet of paper and biro. Most times, crying only doesn't give me the kind of comfort I want.

With my paper and biro, I scribble down everything that happened from inception to finish that led to the hurt/anger. I use emoticons in between if I feel they convey what I feel. I tell you before I finish writing, I feel something being lifted off me. When I finish writing, I shred the paper. Try it and thank me later.

PS: This method is highly sensitive. If you're the one at fault, it might not work. If you are trying to be angry at someone who did not do you wrong, it might also not work.

2 Likes

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Cheeun(f): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
I don't like showing emotions at all 'cos i really don't talk and i don't wanna hurt others too.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Olusanya333(m): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
I don't even have feelings talkless of bottling it. grin
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by tintingz(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sometimes showing of your emotions can low your self esteem and be seen as weak like the op write up stated.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Bellasharonne(f): 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
I open up sometimes,but there are some people that can never accept the fact that they are at fault .... I call them goats.. because it can be really fustrating... especially when they expect me to apologise...
GOATS! angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by liztemi(f): 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2014
Used 2 be a victim.......thought its makes one venerable 2 be hurt more.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
Some emotions be better bottled up. I wish I was better at keeping emotions to myself.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sometimes,its just so hard for any1 to understand crycrycry leaves u with no choice than bottling it all up...

1 Like

Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Zambux(f): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
zeb04: Botlling up emotion is really bad you have to share it with someone.

If you don't like sharing your secrets with friends/bf's/family memebers,you can share with someone you havnt seen.....absurd,I know but I have a friend from nairaland(I cant even remeber the I'd again) we have never seen each other and we don't have plans of doing that. We talk a lot,we share secrets,we solve them and we move ahead.

The good part is,I don't judge that person,I don't condem,I don't gossip because I don't even know that person(good deal)

For those who have secrets/issues bothering them,you can try these method. You feel really good opening up and you wld never get baised answers.
SECONDED
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Ericardo7(m): 12:47am On Jul 10, 2014
what if one is born cold...as in like stone cold...has never experienced any emotion.? what's ur advice?
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by edi287: 2:51am On Jul 10, 2014
Weak people let their emotions get the better of them. Always opening up is also not good.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 10, 2014
well,have bottled up my emotions many times....i honestly dont feel comfortable weneva i do tins like dat especially to some1 i c evryday......but to people far away or not close to me,i can bottle up my emotion for as long as it takes me wiithout feeling anything....
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Otunbakay(m): 8:40am On Jul 10, 2014
GentleNaaz: FACTS ABOUT WOMEN....
1. When a woman is angry, over half of
what she says she doesn't mean...
2. The most difficult time for a woman
is when she is away from the man she
loves.
3. A woman is not like 'dettol advert',
if you don't take care of her... Others
will.
4. It takes time for a woman to trust a
man, its hard to change when she
does, but if you mess up, you might
just forget it.
5. A woman is such a school you will
never graduate from.
6. Your wedding certificate with her is
not a "driving licence", its just a
"Learners permit"
7. She can be a very bitter now, and a
very sweet angel later on, it all lies in
your approach.
8. A woman hardly forget things, she
remembers hurts more, avoid making
her hurt.
9. A woman can be highly
secretive...Most times when they
prove hard to men, they go to their
closet and friends to cry.
10. All women Loves to be begged,
they love it more than they love men
often..

Read and digest these lines very well.
Believe it or not if you have them in your head when dealing with your better half, you will live a more positive and a happy life together.

Let me say though that, this would only work for you when you have a normal and rational partner because some of them na WINCH o
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
@ op, you are right. However people should learn to vent the right way. Learn to Channel your anger on something that will yield positive results. Some people confide in a true friend, some work out, some clean or wash, some get busy with volunteer work etc. All these are cool activities. Just don't come here and create negative topics or show everyone how messed up you are in the head by making trashy comments. A lot of NL members are very guilty of that especially guys. It just simply shows how less of a man you are in handling issues.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by PrettyClare7(f): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
stinggy:
I know my dear. I'm so happy I helped you to get over it. So happy to have you tongue
to have who ?? *faints*
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by iamjane(f): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
Smartsyn: OK, I ll be canning them instead. thanks

grin
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by Smartsyn(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
iamjane:

grin
Am thrilled and honored , that quoting my comment is the first post you make on nairaland.

welcome to nairaland, the land of limitless opportunities.
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by great664(m): 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
zeb04: Botlling up emotion is really bad you have to share it with someone.

If you don't like sharing your secrets with friends/bf's/family memebers,you can share with someone you havnt seen.....absurd,I know but I have a friend from nairaland(I cant even remeber the I'd again) we have never seen each other and we don't have plans of doing that. We talk a lot,we share secrets,we solve them and we move ahead.

The good part is,I don't judge that person,I don't condem,I don't gossip because I don't even know that person(good deal)

For those who have secrets/issues bothering them,you can try these method. You feel really good opening up and you wld never get baised answers.
#goodheart
Re: Bottling Up Your Emotions Is Not Healthy: You Will Soon Snap! by dreofGod(m): 10:33am On Sep 19, 2022
vizier007:
if i see that there is no point in telling anyone or i dont feel like sharing it with someone, i'll just go to the pitch and play football..
The only comment I can relate with. Fire two shots for field, emotion don japa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You [must Read / A Brother Needs Your Advice. / How Many Units Of Electricity Goes For 1000 Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.