Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Funny But Silly Reasons People Give Why They Failed To Go To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny But Silly Reasons People Give Why They Failed To Go To Church (1599 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny But Silly Reasons People Give Why They Failed To Go To Church by bongolistik(m): 8:29am On Jul 06, 2014
Almost everything is in the dwindling state. Funny enough even the ways people serve God. Here are the funny reasons people will give you that made them not to attend church today or some other Sundays;

1. Is that they had slight headache so didnt mek it to church, but if it was to go to viewing centre and watch that football match, you would't hear a thing like that, even with the slight headace you will still hear them screeming goal....when Messi scores.

2. NEPA just took the light as I was about to iron and I cannot wear rumpled cloth to church. What where you doing since that you did not iron your clothe before that period of going to church.

3. They will tell you they din't go because going to church will not take them to heaven. Imagine a sailor telling you that he will not sail.

4. They just don't feel like going, that they were not led by the spirit to go

5. That they have visitors coming to see them

6. That they went for party lastnight and are very tired this morning as result of all night rocking.

7. That they have serous exam the next day that the are preparing for.

8. That going to church no longer give them Joy, cos of the way their pastor preaches.

9. They overslept and when the woke up from sleep, time for service has passed.

10. All their clothe are dirty and can't find what to wear
Re: Funny But Silly Reasons People Give Why They Failed To Go To Church by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2014
Childish reasons!
Re: Funny But Silly Reasons People Give Why They Failed To Go To Church by lonngmann(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2014
guilty of number 2 to 10
Also add: my mum and my gf ave gone to church, they will pray for me
I will listen to the sermon online
I have an assignment to submit on Monday.
Re: Funny But Silly Reasons People Give Why They Failed To Go To Church by Djicemob: 9:36am On Jul 06, 2014
11.That i was busy creating a thread of "funny but silly reasons why people fail to go church" when am suppose to be in church.
Re: Funny But Silly Reasons People Give Why They Failed To Go To Church by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 06, 2014
Church is now more of a social gathering with congregants trying to outdo one another in the latest fashion trend,catch up on old pals or even meet that CEO or politician who has eluded you all this while.

Little wonder people sleep half way through sermons which are boring and made to spite those who the pastor perceive as enemies.

Above all, the church has become a defrauding ground where money for blessing is the order of the day. We are also reminded to pay up our protection money fast or else our" Italian mafia god" will send the devourers after us.

Charlatans have taken over the church and babalawo doctrines have slowly been infused into her. No wonder Jesus said" they make us 7 times more a candidate for hell than our former state"(para-phrased ).

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Ever suffer from any disease? / Names Of God You Can Mention During Worship / How The World’s Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.