Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,138 members, 7,849,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:06 AM

I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Your Advice (1022 Views)

Your Advice: Lecturing Or Banking Job. / Nigerian Graduates In The Uk:pls,i Need Your Advice -should I Go Back To The Uk? / Nnpc- I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice by sexysegggs: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2014
My boss at my place of work sacked me and refuse to give me my June salary. This is because I asked him the percentage of tax he deducted for PAYE(Pay as You Earn) Income.He told me that he has relieved me of my duties the following day of 3/07/2014.Sir/Ma, i need your advice on this issue urgently. What should I do?
Re: I Need Your Advice by sexysegggs: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2014
Should I sue him?
Re: I Need Your Advice by HenryThegreat1(m): 11:23am On Jul 06, 2014
Put ur trust in God nd prayer 4 a better job. Don't think of doing dat, though dat is my own advice
Re: I Need Your Advice by sexysegggs: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2014
Henry The great: Put ur trust in God nd prayer 4 a better job. Don't think of doing dat, though dat is my own advice
I'm thinking of how to survive this month now. Thanks
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 06, 2014
Henry The great: Put ur trust in God nd prayer 4 a better job. Don't think of doing dat, though dat is my own advice

*sighs* pastor.

@op if you have a good legal team sue him or you can plead with him to pay u or you can visit your village for further information or you can pray to God and wait for him to give you a good job.

Bottom line is nigerian bosses don't like "sabistus" people dey like pple dey can control without any questions
Re: I Need Your Advice by Emmysteve(m): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
What has Nigeria turned into? People can't ask for their right again?. If you have the means, sue him.
Re: I Need Your Advice by sexysegggs: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2014
How much does it take to sue a person b4 I go into it now
Re: I Need Your Advice by bigyomite(m): 7:52am On Jul 07, 2014
Look for an activist lawyer who will not collect much frm u
Re: I Need Your Advice by sexysegggs: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2014
Emmysteve: What has Nigeria turned into? People can't ask for their right again?. If you have the means, sue him.
THANKS
Re: I Need Your Advice by sexysegggs: 7:57am On Jul 07, 2014
bigyomite: Look for an activist lawyer who will not collect much frm u
Where are they located or found? Can I spend more than N10,000 to sue him?
Re: I Need Your Advice by technophile(m): 8:01am On Jul 07, 2014
There are three sides of the story, yours, the boss and the truth.

But if truly your boss fired you just because you asked that simple question, in a very good manner then it's not fair, Cos you have the right to know why and how much he's deducting from your salary.

You should have used the teamwork approach i.e, if you're not the only staff there, you could have gone with the rest of the staff, instead of facing him alone, it would be very difficult for him to fire everybody.

Second to the last bullet:- If you truly loved and want the job back, go back, beg him and tell him how sorry you are.

Last bullet:- If after you've swallowed your pride by begging him and he still remain adamant, ha thunder fire him, call ur lawyer and sue his ass!!

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by sexysegggs: 8:23am On Jul 07, 2014
I have gone to meet him to ask of the issue of tax b4 the payment date. He told me he will found out only for me to find out he has remove huge tax already the date b4 the payment date. I went to him to tell him he had breach what we agreed. Am I guity at that instance?
Re: I Need Your Advice by sexysegggs: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2014
technophile: There are three sides of the story, yours, the boss and the truth.

But if truly your boss fired you just because you asked that simple question, in a very good manner then it's not fair, Cos you have the right to know why and how much he's deducting from your salary.

You should have used the teamwork approach i.e, if you're not the only staff there, you could have gone with the rest of the staff, instead of facing him alone, it would be very difficult for him to fire everybody.

Second to the last bullet:- If you truly loved and want the job back, go back, beg him and tell him how sorry you are.

Last bullet:- If after swallowed you pride, he still remain adamant, ha thunder fire him, call ur lawyer and sue his ass.
When he was passing his judgement on me I had begged him for close to five minutes.I told him he should 4get the past that I will accept such tax deductions.

(1) (Reply)

1 / Vacancy For Pore-pressure Engineer / FERMA Recruitment Exercise Your Experience So Far!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.