Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. (16980 Views)

potato chips frying line--food processing machine supplier / How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / Frying Egg Inside Shovel (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by CharlieMaria(m): 6:01am On Sep 27, 2014
Fry in water , forget oil. grin

3 Likes

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by damibravo(m): 6:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Get a longer spoon and stand far back...

You can put on an overall too
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by coolvitus(m): 6:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Cook it and learn to eat cooked one

1 Like

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Adyrin(m): 6:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Go to Ebola quarantine unit and request for their outfit grin

2 Likes

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 27, 2014
Godmother: Hmm I just learnt something else to try too; adding salt. I usually cover the pan when frying but it still splashes when I opened the pot to check. So will add the salt to it before I start.

Nne if you add salt, e go still splash o...
I have been adding salt since the days of John The Baptist. One day I just provoke: I bought a deep-fryer

3 Likes

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by focus7: 6:10am On Sep 27, 2014
I wonder how Seun allow this kind of thread to make front page, it makes NL nothing but a junk.
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 27, 2014
EfemenaXY:

If you can afford it, try purchasing a deep fryer. It's the safest way to fry notorious foods that "spit" hot oil back at you. You also get to adjust the length of time taken to cook and how hot you wish your oil to be. smiley
what's that? It look's like Robocop head
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by tomiobj(m): 6:25am On Sep 27, 2014
babythug: Buy a splatter screen for the frying pan. It's like a wire net with a handle
. I swear to God I av used that splatter screen. It makes d splash worse

1 Like

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by zigger(m): 6:33am On Sep 27, 2014
My dear u cannot avoid it, unless u wan dey 4 sokoto dey fry 4 lagos so the oil no go touch u
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Rangers: 6:37am On Sep 27, 2014
Coat d fish in flour and fry.It dares not splash after that

1 Like

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by timilehing(m): 6:58am On Sep 27, 2014
kevoh: Water and oil do not agree. You need to let the fish (or any other substance) be drained of water completely before you immerse it in hot oil for frying. Shikena! Case Closed!
in fact, no matter how she drained the fish, water would always remain. All animal's body is made up of water-majorly
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Chinaimporter: 6:58am On Sep 27, 2014
WHICH KIND OF LOW IQ IMBEC ILES DO WE HAVE ON NAIRALAND. IF YOU GO TO FOREIGN FORUMS YOU SEE QUESTIONS LIKE

'WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT GENERAL TRANSCRIPTIONAL FACTOR TGIIA STIMULATE A PREINITIATION COMPLEX THAT LEADS TO DIFFERENTIAL ACTIVATION OF PROTEINS IN THE TRANSACTIVATING DOMAIN"

BUT IN NIGERIA, YOU SEE PEOPLE ASKING USELESS QUESTIONS THAT NEITHER IMPROVE MANKIND NO MAKES SENSE TO ANY NON MORONIC ENTITY SEE IF YOU CANNOT THINK OF A WAY OUT OF SIMPLE THINGS LIKE THIS THEN PLEASE DONT DISTURB US WITH SUCH NONSENCE AND WHO IS EVEN THE LOW IQ SUPERMOD THAT MOVED THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE........I FEEL IKE BREAKING MY LAPTOP NOW

2 Likes

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by peres245: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2014
Try dipping the fish in flour or little baking powder before frying.
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:13am On Sep 27, 2014
use petrol Or diesel to fry

1 Like

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by GWslim(f): 7:15am On Sep 27, 2014
THE BEST SOLUTION FOR OIL SPLASHING IS TO STOP FRYING.....AHAHAHAHAHAH!
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by ajala111: 7:20am On Sep 27, 2014
Of course, this is an informative and educative topic. I love it. . . Well, my dear brother, if u wanna escape from all this splashing whatever. . . Use a deep frying pan, then put a lot of oil so that the fish finds itself inside the oil #Lobatan
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by lurvymeg: 7:32am On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 27, 2014
My dad taught mi dis trick! When frying head of fisj. Always burst d eyes first. Cos while frying tis gonna burst n splash n d water in d eyes wld cause more splashing. Secondly! Fry frozen fishes when tis stil frozen...dat way there is little water on d fish to cause d splash....
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 27, 2014
prissyluv: I like fish a lot when fried. But am tired of its constant oil splashing when frying it.
Is there any better way of frying it without the oil splashing?
Thanks.
if wat u frying is witin d frypan den u make use of a cover like pot cover
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Mishydoo(m): 8:04am On Sep 27, 2014
Chinaimporter: WHICH KIND OF LOW IQ IMBEC ILES DO WE HAVE ON NAIRALAND. IF YOU GO TO FOREIGN FORUMS YOU SEE QUESTIONS LIKE

'WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT GENERAL TRANSCRIPTIONAL FACTOR TGIIA STIMULATE A PREINITIATION COMPLEX THAT LEADS TO DIFFERENTIAL ACTIVATION OF PROTEINS IN THE TRANSACTIVATING DOMAIN"

BUT IN NIGERIA, YOU SEE PEOPLE ASKING USELESS QUESTIONS THAT NEITHER IMPROVE MANKIND NO MAKES SENSE TO ANY NON MORONIC ENTITY SEE IF YOU CANNOT THINK OF A WAY OUT OF SIMPLE THINGS LIKE THIS THEN PLEASE DONT DISTURB US WITH SUCH NONSENCE AND WHO IS EVEN THE LOW IQ SUPERMOD THAT MOVED THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE........I FEEL IKE BREAKING MY LAPTOP NOW

Typical!...Seun,There must be a way of putting age restrictions on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by tchigofigo(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2014
frankben: once i join the race for the missing school girls, I guarantee that their return would be imminent grin
Bootybuttchic: duh!! Kip dreaming
hey, you two..go get a room!

1 Like

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by lonelydora: 8:16am On Sep 27, 2014
kevoh: Water and oil do not agree. You need to let the fish (or any other substance) be drained of water completely before you immerse it in hot oil for frying. Shikena! Case Closed!
Coming from a guy? Guy u can cook wella

1 Like

Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by isokey: 8:17am On Sep 27, 2014
Loveangel1: Just add little salt into the hot oil before adding the fish
Yeah, this really works. Its what i do....try it out and see.
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2014
For me, I do cover the frying pan.
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by nkkystel(f): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2014
After washing ur fish, sun or dry it. This will help drain the water out from the fish.
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by SirHouloo(m): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2014
Aside that, be mindful of the head. The eyes do throw bomb at breakage- the worst stage while frying fish.
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Ladycloud(f): 9:54am On Sep 27, 2014
a deep fryer will save u this whole stress nd protocol!
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Thomsbuky(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2014
prissyluv: I like fish a lot when fried. But am tired of its constant oil splashing when frying it.
Thanks.

Simple buy electric deep frier...Put fish in frier close the lid, within 5 minutes your fish is ready to eat....
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2014
You can use a long frying fork/ spatula to distance yourself from the radius and you can also soak your wet fish in flour, the type for baking cake. it absorbs the moisture and reduces the splashing
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 27, 2014
Preciousone4ril: My dad taught mi dis trick! When frying head of fisj. Always burst d eyes first. Cos while frying tis gonna burst n splash n d water in d eyes wld cause more splashing. Secondly! Fry frozen fishes when tis stil frozen...dat way there is little water on d fish to cause d splash....
lol...this is ridiculous....how will the water remain seperated from your 190'C hot oil temp
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 27, 2014
Thanks.
pour a little bit of flour into the oil before frying stops the oil from splashing even if the fish has a bit of water in it.
Re: Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 27, 2014
gmyguy: lol...this is ridiculous....how will the water remain seperated from your 190'C hot oil temp
tis obvious yu hardly cook. Try frying a frozen fish n a fish that's all soft n defrozend. Den cum bck n tell d house which caused more oil splash. Den also tell d house which of dem broke during frying...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop / Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans / Nairalander Chef Shares Unique Pictures Of His Fish BBQ Menu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.