Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic (42405 Views)

Style Inspiration For 9-5 Chic ~ Office fashion / Photos & Video: Newly-crowned Miss Universe Wears N155 Million Swim Suit! / Deepika Padukone - Miss Ten On Ten! Effortlessly Chic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by purplish(f): 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hey everyone! I'm in a very big dilemma.

I've always avoided pool parties...I'm a very busty and fleshy size 12, and I'll never feel comfortable exposing all that endowment in public.

However, its my close friend's birthday party this saturday and its a pool party sad I HAVE to get a swim suit.

So I need your help. Can I have ideas of the kinds of swim suits that would be appropriate for a very busty and chubby madam like me? Pictures, names of stores anywhere in Lagos, and useful tips would be appreciated.

N.B: I would love to moderately cover my _boobs_ and tummy most especially. Thank you :*

5 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by agohmamuda(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
i will be back...

5 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
Try high waisted swimsuits. Nice for "fleshy" girls.

4 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
High waist bikinis would be good. or you could use a swim dress or a fatkini
Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by purplish(f): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
adaobi123: Try high waisted swimsuits. Nice for "fleshy" girls.
Thank you dear. Can I see a picture? Plus any ideas where I can shop for one in Lagos?
Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by purplish(f): 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
bestestgirl: High waist bikinis would be good. or you could use a swim dress or a fatkini
Oh okay dearie. Pictures would help...thanks!
Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
purplish: Thank you dear. Can I see a picture? Plus any ideas where I can shop for one in Lagos?

I don't know anything about purchasing it as I don't live in nigeria. Sorry.

6 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Try these. Something that covers your behind and hold the boobies good.

Since you are shy, I'm sure you will be comfortable un these

15 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
If you are not gonna swim, just look for a more se xier ones ,wear, then relax at the bar. Not a must to swim.

if you can't swim, just stay at the low level keep splashing water, while shaking your waist and dancing to beat cheesy

26 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
You can wear a kimono over your swimsuit too.

3 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
purplish: Oh okay dearie. Pictures would help...thanks!

check out these links http://www.alwaysforme.com/swimshopbybodytype.html
http://www.xojane.com/clothes/best-plus-size-swimsuits-2013

11 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Afam4eva(m): 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
A bikini is a bikini. There's no special bikini for slim or fat chicks. Just make sure your back is 30% visible and the rest covered.

4 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Afam4eva: A bikini is a bikini. There's no special bikini for slim or fat chicks. Just make sure your back is 30% visible and the rest covered.

What do you know ? tongue

6 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Afam4eva(m): 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
adaobi123:

What do you know ? tongue
I've seen a lot of fleshy ladies wearing the regular bikini. If she's proud of her physique and not ashamed of it, then i don't see any reason why she should be hiding it. I'm one of those who admire courageous ladies. I thought wearing a bikini was normal in the US.

2 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
Afam4eva:
I've seen a lot of fleshy ladies wearing the regular bikini. If she's proud of her physique and not ashamed of it, then i don't see any reason why she should be hiding it. I'm one of those who admire courageous ladies. I thought wearing a bikini was normal in the US.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being proud but if you're big girl you need to wear a swimsuit that fits your figure. I don't think bigger womam should be wearing a "normal" bikini. It can be quite unflattering. That's why I think high waisted bikinis/swimsuits will fit the op more.

The op isn't in the US, she resides in Lagos. Do you know any bikini shops for her to go to ? grin

6 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Afam4eva(m): 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
adaobi123:

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being proud but if you're big girl you need to wear a swimsuit that fits your figure. I don't think bigger womam should be wearing a "normal" bikini. It can be quite unflattering. That's why I think high waisted bikinis/swimsuits will fit the op more.

The op isn't in the US, she resides in Lagos. Do you know any bikini shops for her to go to ? grin
I don't know any bikini shop in Lagos as in all my existence in Nigeria, i only visited the beach 3 times.

I wish Nigerian ladies will embrace the bikini culture. Show of what you've got and people like us will appreciate. Enough of wearing Iro and buba to the beach. Bikinis are here to stay.

13 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
Afam4eva:
I don't know any bikini shop in Lagos as in all my existence in Nigeria, i only visited the beach 3 times.

I wish Nigerian ladies will embrace the bikini culture. Show of what you've got and people like us will appreciate. Enough of wearing Iro and buba to the beach. Bikinis are here to stay.

Lool, the bikini culture will come and stay only if people will move on from the 6th century.

1 Like

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Afam4eva(m): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
adaobi123:

Lool, the bikini culture will come and stay only if people will move on from the 6th century.
Which people?
Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Afam4eva:
Which people?

Nigerians of course. I remember I was wearing shorts in Lagos and enugu and people were staring at me as if I was naked. embarassed I was so embarrassed. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Afam4eva(m): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
adaobi123:

Nigerians of course. I remember I was wearing shorts in Lagos and enugu and people were staring at me as if I was naked. embarassed I was so embarrassed. embarassed
I guess it's a culture thing. Nigerians are backward. I'm sure when they saw, you they classified you as a **** without knowing that it's normal when you come from. If i were to use my Nigerian otti to judge Mauritian girls then 90% of them are sluts because most of them wear tattoos, nose rings and wear bikini on the streets close to the beach and the ones that want to cover up, wear bump shots or hot pants. When you get close to these people you'll discover that they're just normal and not slutty like their physical appearance may want to depict.

4 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Afam4eva:
I guess it's a culture thing. Nigerians are backward. I'm sure when they saw, you they classified you as a **** without knowing that it's normal when you come from. If i were to use my Nigerian otti to judge Mauritian girls then 90% of them are sluts because most of them wear tattoos, nose rings and wear bikini on the streets close to the beach and the ones that want to cover up, wear bump shots or hot pants. When you get close to these people you'll discover that they're just normal and not slutty like their physical appearance may want to depict.

At least you understand. grin Its called dressing for the weather.
Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Afam4eva(m): 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
adaobi123:

At least you understand. grin Its called dressing for the weather.
But people should cautiously still remain who they are irrespective of the weather except the law explicitly tells them to be otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by purplish(f): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thank you everyone cheesy
Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
purplish: Thank you everyone cheesy
So, what's the verdict?
Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by tammyboy1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Madam but how bou working out and loosing those excess fat,u sure will be happy you did,thank mi lara

3 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Ashkormissy(f): 4:56am On Jul 08, 2014
Afam4eva:
Backwards? Tot it was in d stone age dat we moved around unclad. Jst cos u easily influenced by foreign culture doesnt mean dat we shld accept it. It is normal to c a white chick in a bikini bt a black in it looks sooooooo abnormal!

36 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Afam4eva(m): 5:00am On Jul 08, 2014
Ashkormissy:
Backwards? Tot it was in d stone age dat we moved around unclad. Jst cos u easily influenced by foreign culture doesnt mean dat we shld accept it. It is normal to c a white chick in a bikini bt a black in it looks sooooooo abnormal!
Why does it look abnormal in a black chick? There's a difference between moving around unclad and dressing for the occasion. People go to the beach to either swim or play with the water and sand. So, common sense will suggest that since water will be flying around and you'll probably get wet, it is best to wear a bikini. It's in the same vein that you take off your cloth when taking your bath.

11 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Ashkormissy(f): 5:05am On Jul 08, 2014
Afam4eva:
Why does it look abnormal in a black chick? There's a difference between moving around unclad and dressing for the occasion. People go to the beach to either swim or play with the water and sand. So, common sense will suggest that since water will be flying around and you'll probably get wet, it is best to wear a bikini. It's in the same vein that you take off your cloth when taking your bath.
and it's in d African culture to take off ur cloth nd bath in public in broad day lyt? D world was much beta in dat 6th century u guys say we re. U cnt possible make ryt wats wrong cos u bliv it's ryt...

13 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Afam4eva(m): 5:09am On Jul 08, 2014
Ashkormissy:
and it's in d African culture to take off ur cloth nd bath in public in broad day lyt? D world was much beta in dat 6th century u guys say we re. U cnt possible make ryt wats wrong cos u bliv it's ryt...
You keep mentioning how being unclad isn't African culture as if there's any culture that exudes unclothedness like African culture. Our ancestors used to walk around unclad or semi-unclad. The fact that you wear clothes today is because of the white people that you want to equate unclothedness with. They invented clothes and you left your African principles to wear those clothes.

25 Likes

Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 08, 2014
adaobi123:

You were probably wearing 'short-shorts' which some/most Nigerians believe shouldn't be worn out doors, even in 40C temperature

I remember one time when a Nigerian lady on campus, where I attended uni, was saying that the girls wearing short-shorts in the middle of the Summer, were crazy grin
Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 08, 2014
In New York City, it is now legal for women to walk topless on the streets.
Re: Swim Suit Ideas For A Chubby Chic by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2014
Afam4eva:
You keep mentioning how being unclad isn't African culture as if there's any culture that exudes unclothedness like African culture. Our ancestors used to walk around unclad or semi-unclad. The fact that you wear clothes today is because of the white people that you want to equate unclothedness with. They invented clothes and you left your African principles to wear those clothes.

I told you, still stuck in the stone age. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Illustrated Videos To Learn Bead Making ... The new Abuja connection necklace / Victory Obasi Wins The Most Beautiful Girl In Abuja 2017 Contest (Photos) / Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.