Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School (16751 Views)

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Onlinebizexpert(m): 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
deavicky: what are u doing in medical school.anyway I'm just asking

i dey learn herbal medicine

or do you think all medical students are stereotyped book worms....................... that is not my style
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Joshuadon: 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
i see, jobless folks post nonsense here .....................and it hits frontpage.......
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by macsika: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
deavicky: what are u doing in medical school.anyway I'm just asking
it's obvious he didn't read the post, he's one of those guys who just read other peoples comment and tries to impress the majority for the benefit of getting "likes". I really wonder what he'll do in an O.R.
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by macsika: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Joshuadon: i see, jobless folks post nonsense here .....................and it hits frontpage.......
you are as obnoxious as your language.
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Joshuadon: 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
macsika: you are as obnoxious as your language.

i see, zo u were d jobless fellow dat posted diz trash .......................really obvious

take heart

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by pheyikemi: 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
macsika:
If i were you i will look for a career counsellor because medical school is not for people like you.
And d beef goes on, if truly it was meant to be a joke, why not place it in the jokes section or indicate you were joking. An educative thread should be constructive not construed out of pure hatred like u did. Since medical school's meant for people like you, why are you not in it??
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by DoctorAbu(m): 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: bros me , what is your own na,

this your write has no significance in a nigerian setting

for your info am currently in medical school and everything you said here na wash

I don’t believe in saying FTC but when you are the FTC in the 3 topics on the frontpage I think it calls for a robust celebration
I want to thank the following people
Seun for creating this amazing platform called nairaland
MTN for giving me this sweet MTN night plan
My papa, mama and sisters for always believing in me
My gf for giving me a wonderful BJ even as I was hustling for FTC
My side chick for providing the necessary place for me to pack my JT
And I want to specially thank my GF for treating my sidechick as a sister, afterall division of Labour saves time and energy
I wan thank all nairalanders for your amazing comments, squabble and hilarious political HIGGI-HAGA
Finally baba GOD I dey tuale for you at least for creating this wonderful day
GOD BLESS NIGERIA………..GOD bless GEJ,PEJ,PDP,APC,RIP etc

btw do u know that garri now has packaging
. DUUUUDE! FTC? Seriously? Are you really a medical student? This comment suggests otherwise

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Onlinebizexpert(m): 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
DoctorAbu: . DUUUUDE! FTC? Seriously? Are you really a medical student? This comment suggests otherwise

physiologically this is me being benign, am not in medical school conformation now

how is work chief?
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by UyoBoy4Real: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
undecided

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Tinkybabe(f): 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
It's a pity many couldn't articulate the Op's write up and rather than ask for elucidation, they resort to cheap insults and baseless conclusions.

Well, I took my time to read the post and this is what I can infer from it.
Even though the original poster didn't use the best topic , he was able to drive home some points .

1] Your reason for choosing to study medicine should go beyond "I just love caring for people". If it's the case, there are other professions that require you to exhibit your caring attitude in which case he highlighted teaching as an example.

2] You are good in science doesn't mean you'd excel as a medical doctor/dentist.A deeply rooted passion for the profession is the main priority and all these other things would follow..

3] Money: This is the last reason anyone should study medicine especially in a country like Nigeria..The level of hard work and stress that you put into the profession is not exactly evident in the pay, at least for the first few years of your career..So if money is your driving force..Think again- medicine may not be for you!

Not disregarding the importance of the points above, The collective points can reinforce one's passion for the profession with emphasis on the first two and make one give it their all against all odds.. But making a big mistake would be using either of these reasons as a focal point to study medicine.

In summary, medicine is no piece of cake..Be sure it's really what you want before plungering yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by DoctorAbu(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:

physiologically this is me being benign, am not in medical school conformation now

how is work chief?
Okay I get you. Just having fun huh? Work is fine, thanks
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
@macsika u r getting it wrong.....itz nah d way u think. The passion comes 1st, oda things follow!
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
ninja4life: hi,is dat oral and maxillofacial surgery a specialty course? Or is it also part of dentistry? how did u get d course and which university are u in,wat level if u dont mind,and did u enter thru uni dentistry
nah, dentistry b4 specializing in oral and maxillofacial surgery. am currently in 400L, LASU. O nd M SURGERY IS NT A degree programme, BDS/DDS b4 specializing, yeah. are u a dental studemt also
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by ninja4life(m): 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
Sulemanmathew: nah, dentistry b4 specializing in oral and maxillofacial surgery. am currently in 400L, LASU. O nd M SURGERY IS NT A degree programme, BDS/DDS b4 specializing, yeah. are u a dental studemt also
am not a dental student o,am a medicine fresher @oau.just asking to know more about d different speciality.i will like to ask about how medicine and surgery student specialize?is dat done during residency or wat?
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
Knowledge9000:

If you are in medical school and still write in this careless and lazy manner, evidently you will murder a lot of people, perhaps you will be the type that will forget a scalpel in a patient's jaw. Watch out for his type...money driven looking for sacrificial lamb for his failed practicum. I'll be keeping a very close eye on you. Have your IP address saved.
which one b ya own...na u send me go medical Schl ni? abeg always dey think in d +ve way...whether u lyk it or not am born to b successful. if u no lyk am, go hug transformer. no b only scarpel nah artery forceps ni
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
Sulemanmathew: which one b ya own...na u send me go medical Schl ni? abeg always dey think in d +ve way...whether u lyk it or not am born to b successful. if u no lyk am, go hug transformer. no b only scarpel nah artery forceps ni

I told you I was able to track your IP address, and I'm now able to have your full name, your location and school. Will make a formal complaint to your school and have you thrown out. You have no business being in medical school or engineering; any professional that involves doing something with human life and safety. This type of smugly narcissism and must get rich syndrome is what is drowning our country.
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
Knowledge9000:

I told you I was able to track your IP address, and I'm now able to have your full name, your location and school. Will make a formal complaint to your school and have you thrown out. You have no business being in medical school or engineering; any professional that involves doing something with human life and safety. This type of smugly narcissism and must get rich syndrome is what is drowning our country.

I dunt care! dunt get rich bro., turn ur self to a begger after 6yrs in schl. u won't b d one to pay my bills na. if u r poor in d present day, u r as good as having a CARCINOMA.
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by itstpia8: 4:50am On Dec 13, 2014
There is no future in any profession,the future lies in the hands of the individual who holds the profession.

eod
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by itstpia8: 4:51am On Dec 13, 2014
Tinkybabe:
It's a pity many couldn't articulate the Op's write up and rather than ask for elucidation, they resort to cheap insults and baseless conclusions.

Well, I took my time to read the post and this is what I can infer from it.
Even though the original poster didn't use the best topic , he was able to drive home some points .

1] Your reason for choosing to study medicine should go beyond "I just love caring for people". If it's the case, there are other professions that require you to exhibit your caring attitude in which case he highlighted teaching as an example.

2] You are good in science doesn't mean you'd excel as a medical doctor/dentist.A deeply rooted passion for the profession is the main priority and all these other things would follow..

3] Money: This is the last reason anyone should study medicine especially in a country like Nigeria..The level of hard work and stress that you put into the profession is not exactly evident in the pay, at least for the first few years of your career..So if money is your driving force..Think again- medicine may not be for you!

Not disregarding the importance of the points above, The collective points can reinforce one's passion for the profession with emphasis on the first two and make one give it their all against all odds.. But making a big mistake would be using either of these reasons as a focal point to study medicine.

In summary, medicine is no piece of cake..Be sure it's really what you want before plungering yourself.

the better question is how is it the op's concern which course people decide to study?
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by itstpia8: 4:53am On Dec 13, 2014
kibo:

op simply gave reasons not to do something

why exactly is the op carrying the matter on his or her head?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Schools In 14 States, FCT Risk Attacks, Says FG / Departmental Jupeb Cutoff Mark For 2015/16 Batch / AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.