Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School (16771 Views)

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by macsika: 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
[s][/s]disclaimer

This is not a thread that determines what to do or not do in school. So many students who goes to the uni wants to be a doctor, some are going there for the title while others see it as a career path that leads you to pot of cash and wealth. Well this might help you to do a little rethink.

Here are a few reasons why you should think long and hard before going to medical school:

1. You like to help people. So did my nursery school teacher who had a rockin’ sweet, life-size, laminated poster of a Blue Whale.

2. You are smart and like science. So are the guys who work for Boeing and my physics undergrad tutor who gets paid to get a PhD and the girl who invented Kevlar. Yeah, a girl invented Kevlar.

3. Your dad was a doctor… whose dad was a doctor…. whose dad was a doctor. This isn’t the 1850′s. And despite the fact that medical school curriculum has remained the same since when those dinosaurs roamed the earth, you needn’t pursue any career for legacy’s sake.

4. Money. You’d make a touch less as an engineer,pharmacist or even a lecturer.

5. You think it will give you flexibility before age 29. Dearest ladies of the world, every woman that works outside the home can’t have it all. Yet every woman can make it work for kids/sigO/friends outside the home. And I’m sure candy carson might lean in on that.

6. You’re a life-long learner. Yay! See #2

7. You like being in charge and running things. I do too. But I wouldn’t trade away countless hours in the library, 2 more years as a hospital peon, and then 3 years of residency if I could dive straight into the rat race of the corporate world.

8. You just thought you might try it. I’d rather listen to Tonto dikeh's music on repeat than be an M1 again.

PS. I created another on reasons you should go to medical school, so, don't make up your mind yet.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Onlinebizexpert(m): 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
bros me , what is your own na,

this your write has no significance in a nigerian setting

for your info am currently in medical school and everything you said here na wash

I don’t believe in saying FTC but when you are the FTC in the 3 topics on the frontpage I think it calls for a robust celebration
I want to thank the following people
Seun for creating this amazing platform called nairaland
MTN for giving me this sweet MTN night plan
My papa, mama and sisters for always believing in me
My gf for giving me a wonderful BJ even as I was hustling for FTC
My side chick for providing the necessary place for me to pack my JT
And I want to specially thank my GF for treating my sidechick as a sister, afterall division of Labour saves time and energy
I wan thank all nairalanders for your amazing comments, squabble and hilarious political HIGGI-HAGA
Finally baba GOD I dey tuale for you at least for creating this wonderful day
GOD BLESS NIGERIA………..GOD bless GEJ,PEJ,PDP,APC,RIP etc

btw do u know that garri now has packaging

16 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 07, 2014
I am currently in medical school and to me we r not resonatong @d same frequency..
.one man poison is anoda man food...To me, I will kum out of med. Schl as a successful oral n maxillofacial surgeon richer, more respected and beta Dan u kan ever imagine.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by pheyikemi: 6:04am On Jul 07, 2014
I don't understand why people developed this hatred for medical school/ doctors. If u were frustrated in your attempts to get into the medical school, that shouldn't make you discourage others who aspire to get in there.

18 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 07, 2014
Ayam 55yrs old.. bin practicing and working as a Security for the past 25yrs. I wanna change my dreams cuz I just completed my SSCE part time. Wanna go to Medical Skool and become a Doctor. How can I go about it.

My Oga tell me that I aff the potentials based on my handwriting.

14 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by ShakurM(m): 7:03am On Jul 07, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: bros me , what is your own na,

this your write has no significance in a nigerian setting

for your info am currently in medical school and everything you said here na wash

btw do u know that garri now has packaging
Seems you already know where you stand.. Garri business is cool sha
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by ebamma(m): 7:04am On Jul 07, 2014
Sulemanmathew: I am currently in medical school and to me we r not resonatong @d same frequency..
.one man poison is anoda man food...To me, I will kum out of med. Schl as a successful oral n maxillofacial surgeon richer, more respected and beta Dan u kan ever imagine.
my guy, i'm not getting u, abeg interpret wetin u write so for efik,

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 07, 2014
Sulemanmathew: I am currently in medical school and to me we r not resonatong @d same frequency..

If you are in medical school and still write in this careless and lazy manner, evidently you will murder a lot of people, perhaps you will be the type that will forget a scalpel in a patient's jaw. Watch out for his type...money driven looking for sacrificial lamb for his failed practicum. I'll be keeping a very close eye on you. Have your IP address saved.

18 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by ShakurM(m): 7:05am On Jul 07, 2014
IjogzK: Ayam 55yrs old.. bin practicing and working as a Security for the past 25yrs. I wanna change my dreams cuz I just completed my SSCE part time. Wanna go to Medical Skool and become a Doctor. How can I go about it.

My Oga tell me that I aff the potentials based on my handwriting.
and ur thinking Obviously..Amusing tho
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 07, 2014
Thinking of something witty...
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by retepmurt(m): 7:06am On Jul 07, 2014
There is no future in any profession,the future lies in the hands of the individual who holds the profession.

19 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Amya(f): 7:06am On Jul 07, 2014
Your points are not really valid. Seems since you argued pro med school, you thought it compulsory to argue against (which isn't even necessary!)

Lame points!
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Yungwizzzy28(m): 7:07am On Jul 07, 2014
Op just failed his exams again

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by kennyonthrone(m): 7:08am On Jul 07, 2014
OP lyk say u b Uburuu Eke,owk I ve heard u bt stp discouraging pple d main tin b say if u bliv in ursef u can do it
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by NewsINigeria(m): 7:08am On Jul 07, 2014
lazy points

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by NewsINigeria(m): 7:09am On Jul 07, 2014
retepmurt: There is no future in any profession,the future depends on an individual who holds the profession.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by AMAKAVIOLA: 7:09am On Jul 07, 2014
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by slimpoppa(m): 7:11am On Jul 07, 2014
Hmm!
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by dridowu: 7:12am On Jul 07, 2014
Ok
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by kingic: 7:13am On Jul 07, 2014
SPACE BOOKED !!
BUT mehn why have Nigerians just decided to take out their anger on medical schools and doctors ..... to what gain will this be pls ? this is now very annoying .....

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by mictima(m): 7:22am On Jul 07, 2014
Terrible terrible discussion for a front page! Mtcheww!!!
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Lifebender(m): 7:24am On Jul 07, 2014
Ok ooo.I don hear,make i go that vulganizer shop go fill form.

Op is scared of his wife getting yanshed...Hehehe
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by retepmurt(m): 7:25am On Jul 07, 2014
These Nigerian Doctors are endangered specie o!
A lot of bad belle,on top wetin?

5 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Aidy97(f): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2014
So dis got to FP

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Lordmykel(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2014
Forget that stuff man. I can adapt to any condition. Your points are not strong enough and are you a medical student?

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 7:35am On Jul 07, 2014
awwewwww myopic tinking mode activated @op kilode av u forgotten u ar d architect of your destiny sir? course no determine success o
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by IdomaLikita: 7:38am On Jul 07, 2014
retepmurt: There is no future in any profession,the future lies in the hands of the individual who holds the profession.

Gave you the 3rd "Like". Say no more!
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Princeadebayo1(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2014
Can't believe this piece of cowshit made frontpage.......
........And who changed my nairaland name to princeadebayo1 from prince adebayo that I was.......chai !!! dere is God oooooo

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by bluedaze(f): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2014
obviously, this was meant as a joke. Y'all need to lighten up.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by DrOBD(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2014
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by kingic: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2014
word to you all haters of MEDICINE & SURGERY course and DOCTORS .....

GET A LIFE AND FOCUS ON IT !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2014
@op, stupid writeup

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

71 Nigerian Scientists Among Top 2% Globally - Statisense / I Am An Art Student: Can I Study Computer Science / AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.