Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. (1100 Views)

On Creating New User ID's. / Old Naijamobile.tk Now Changed To 9jamobile.net / How Can A Website Get Over 1 Billion Page Views In 24 Hours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by Joel3(m): 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
first of all. I need my original user name to revert back as it was before any explanations. You don't temper with vital thing like this without prior notice and my personal permissions.

before I sign up I never entered a term and conditions to change my username at any giving time. So Whatever reason that prompted to this mannereedless and callous act should be reverted Asap with immediate effect. Before I take legal actions.

I will post this in every section so that who ever is responsible will see this. So No excuse for not seeing it.
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mr Man! I suppose u didn't know that our beloved Nairaland was hacked and almost everyone got affected by it one way or the other. I personally couldn't find my previous account and had to open another one.
So stop ur rants and oh its 'ultimatum' not 'automaton'
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by pjosh1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
This your post looks funny, did anybody force you to register on nairaland? I am also having the same problm
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by Joel3(m): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
is nairaland attacked again?

this is not my id. How come it suddenly changed? I use it yesterday. I was still using it after the nairaland failure I no longer call it attack. So demand it to revert back.
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by Joel3(m): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
maybe you don't know what is users right. Go read about it. Black africa
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by pjosh1(m): 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
Joel3: maybe you don't know what is users right. Go read about it. Black africa

Sorry if my post offended you, jst trying to be funny
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nairaland has not fully recovered yet, and u are nt the only one experiencing this prob of change of username
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by Joel3(m): 11:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
are you the spoke person?
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
Joel3: are you the spoke person?
U are something else undecided
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by Joel3(m): 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
oh quoted me... Someone is sounding like an insider. maybe its just only me .
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by Djtm(m): 12:50am On Jul 07, 2014
You're not the only one. Every user(that I know) with special characters in their usernames have had the characters removed (without prior permission). Seun's a programmer, not a businessman.
Re: edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back. by nlPoster: 12:17am On Feb 08, 2020
Could someone change the user ids of nlers who are using the names of public figures to commit crimes here. I think such user ids should be considered hate speech against the people whose identities they are stealing.

They register (mainly female) monikers using names of public figures, then start insulting and threatening people with the hope others wont be able to respond for fear of offending the public figures whose ids are being used.

If my id could be changed without my permission and with no explanation from nairalandposter to nlposter, why are these other ids roaming free?

(1) (Reply)

Wacom 13hd Cintiq / Bloggers Helping New Bloggers / Free 500+ Web Hosting And Web Design Tutorials By Todhost(2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.