Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:33 AM

Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? (1745 Views)

‘minions’ Spinoff And ‘the Giver’ Movie Adaptation Get New Release Dates / Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! / Your Best Comic / Joke From Night Of A Thousand Laughs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2014
I believe so anyway.....I mean,look at the ease with which every scene is relayed and its lack of continuity error...With jaw breaking scenes!!
Would have been X-Men movies,but you all know the problem with the X-men crew===>Continuity errors!!!!
Any bad mouth?
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by modextus(m): 8:33am On Jul 07, 2014
Not even close! The reasons you highlighted as reasons you chose spiddy doesn't really make any sense to me!

For me..... It has to be HULK.. For some weird reasons I love his smashy character cheesy he was the only guy loky couldn't handle grin

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 9:33am On Jul 07, 2014
modextus: Not even close! The reasons you highlighted as reasons you chose spiddy doesn't really make any sense to me!

For me..... It has to be HULK.. For some weird reasons I love his smashy character cheesy he was the only guy loky couldn't handle grin
Am not talking of the comics itself.. Am talking of its movie adaptation..The relativity and ease,not some forced out performance...Am not talking of strong heads here bro!!
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Guykhena(m): 9:48am On Jul 07, 2014
philfearon:
Am not talking of the comics itself.. Am talking of its movie adaptation..The relativity and ease,not some forced out performance...Am not talking of strong heads here bro!!
And the hulk doesn't have a movie adaptation? undecided
Have you seen the movie The Hulk
And The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Not forgetting his appearance in The Avengers.
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:25am On Jul 07, 2014
Spider-Man's movie adaptations are atrocious to say the least. X-Men series, Incredible Hulk, Blade Series, and TDK are all better adaptations by a stretch.

1 Like

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:31am On Jul 07, 2014
Rebooting the Spider-Man series and rebranding it The Amazing Spider-Man was one of the biggest blunder I've ever seen in Hollywood. The reboot lacks continuity with the original and sucked much much more.

2 Likes

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Guykhena: And the hulk doesn't have a movie adaptation? undecided
Have you seen the movie The Hulk
And The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Not forgetting his appearance in The Avengers.
Hulk is a great movie,but it is not the best...
Do u even understand what adaptation means?
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
RayMcBlue: Spider-Man's movie adaptations are atrocious to say the least. X-Men series, Incredible Hulk, Blade Series, and TDK are all better adaptations by a stretch.
Hulk doesn't even have a great storyline...
Only The Dark Night can challenge Spiderman from ur list!
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Guykhena(m): 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
philfearon: Hulk is a great movie ,but it is not the best...
Do u even understand what adaptation means?
Why showing your ignorance.
With the above bolded,its obvious you think the Hulk has only be on screen once.
Spiderman character have been brought to the big screen 5 times.
The Hulk,7 times(including hulk movies of the 80s),and its own hit Tv Series(in the 90s) starring Lou Ferrigno.

And you talking about spiderman continuity undecided ,when it has been rebooted?
And you say the X-Men movies which keeps on going make too many continuity errors?

Hold on do you watch(to understand) movies at all?

2 Likes

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
philfearon:
Hulk doesn't even have a great storyline...
Only The Dark Night can challenge Spiderman from ur list!

Like someone already said, there have been many Hulk movies probably before you were born. Go back to the archives and dig up classics like the ones of Lou Ferrigno's, watch it, then come back and give me the feedback, then we can continue this discussion from there.
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Guykhena: Why showing your ignorance.
With the above bolded,its obvious you think the Hulk has only be on screen once.
Spiderman character have been brought to the big screen 5 times.
The Hulk,7 times(including hulk movies of the 80s),and its own hit Tv Series(in the 90s) starring Lou Ferrigno.

And you talking about spiderman continuity undecided ,when it has been rebooted?
And you say the X-Men movies which keeps on going make too many continuity errors?

Hold on do you watch(to understand) movies at all?
lol!! Na frustration make you dey insult yourself thinking it is me right? Won't go down that line with u!!
So how has Hulks Movie adaptation being Spectacular?
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Like someone already said, there have been many Hulk movies probably before you were born. Go back to the archives and dig up classics like the ones of Lou Ferrigno's, watch it, then come back and give me the feedback, then we can continue this discussion from there.
Bro,try Google or better still,Buy the two movie collections again and watch...The difference will be clear.... Especially,Spiderman2.
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Guykhena(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
philfearon:
lol!! Na frustration make you dey insult yourself thinking it is me right? Won't go down that line with u!!
So how has Hulks Movie adaptation being Spectacular?

I just decapitated you into two,with the above hit points(including the X-Men),and this is just what you can come up with,no tackle? undecided ,biitch you're a waste of time,when you're done watching(to understand) Comic book movies,then hit me up for a valuable argument. undecided
Cus if I start stumping on your already weak movie knowledge,you will be easily disgraced.
So when your head's full,inform me.
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
Guykhena:
I just decapitated you into two,with the above hit points(including the X-Men),and this is just what you can come up with,no tackle? undecided ,biitch you're a waste of time,when you're done watching(to understand) Comic book movies,then hit me up for a valuable argument. undecided
Cus if I start stumping on your already weak movie knowledge,you will be easily disgraced.
So when your head's full,inform me.
Bro,Hulk is pure crap...it is not even in top 20...
Try visit this links and enlighten ur supposed Overrated Empty head!!
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls005194337/
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=comicbookadaptation.htm
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2012/08/22/the-new-top-20-best-comic-book-superhero-films-of-all-time-revised-edition/3/
http://filmschoolrejects.com/opinions/top-10-best-comic-adaptations-of-all-time.php
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Guykhena(m): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
philfearon:
Bro,Hulk is pure crap...it is not even in top 20...
Try visit this links and enlighten ur supposed Overrated Empty head!!
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls005194337/
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=comicbookadaptation.htm
Its obvious your head is filled with dust.
Are we talking about The Hulk character or The Hulk Movies? undecided can you see how confused you are.
You don't even know were you stand.
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Guykhena: Its obvious your head is filled with dust.
Are we talking about The Hulk character or The Hulk Movies? undecided can you see how confused you are.
You don't even know were you stand.
Am talking of the movie bro..And please stop adding insults.. I believe we can purely talk here without cursing each other...
Prove ur point instead!!

1 Like

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Guykhena(m): 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
philfearon:
Am talking of the movie bro..And please stop adding insults.. I believe we can purely talk here without cursing each other...
I figured that was the only way to keep you in check. undecided and I recall the below,
Any bad mouth?
well I guess I took that literally. Any ho....

Prove ur point instead!!!

Now unto your very first error.
philfearon:
Would have been X-Men movies,but you all know the problem with the X-men crew===>Continuity errors!!!!
Wtf,with this I can tell you don't get comic movies. Hold on was it the X-Men-Days of future past that confused you?
I mean the X-Men franchise which have been on screen 7 times(in which there wasn't any reboot,or shake?) Compared to SpiderMan trilogy Sam Raimi version,in which Tobey Maguire played spiderman 3 times,and guess what bcus of the huge critism on Spiderman 3 it was rebooted by Sony(mind you X-Men movies faced a lot of critisms,but that didn't err them,they continued on their marvelous franchise,imagine 7 straight continuity,and that ties Harry Potter).
Sony stopped the Sam Raimi version,so I don't get your view on the continuity thing at all undecided ,then Marc Webb was brought in for a reboot giving "The Amazing Spiderman" chattering the previous version continuity. undecided .
So if you go by your continuity logic,Spiderman aint Close to the X-Men franchise(so for screen adaptations Spiderman-0 X-Men-1).

Now unto the Hulk thing...
It aint news that the Hulk movies for the 21st century sucked balls(were failures),Eric Bana(2000 The Hulk movie),Ed Norton (2008 The Incredible Hulk).
Tho the Hulk movies were great,some viewers couldn't handle it,they were scared of the character wtf,telling us The Hulk adaptation on screen wasn't that all(during this period Sam Raimi spiderman was adjusting just fine).
The the Incredible Hulk(2008) came out,it was ok but the Hulk phobia was still there(one thing you understand from this two movies is that it is the same boring,hated storyline, Bruce Banner can't control his alter ego,the millitary after him,hulk causing havoc,viewers can't adjust to this,so the hulk adaptation to the screen was flopped sad (during this period Sam Raimi spiderman began to drop in its adaptation).
Then the Hulk character was giving its last chance to adapt to the big screen and he did in a spectacular way smiley in "The Avengers" (Thanks to Joss whedon and Mark Ruffalo performance) he wasn't the same old Hulk outta control,he was a Hero,the audience wasn't scared,why? Cus he was on their sides,while they were focusing on the aliens and were in shock wondering this creatures was unstoppable,then they recalled "We have a Monstrous creature on our own",so they were looking forward to see The Hulk(not looking away like the previous Hulk movies),and when he showcased himself smiley viewers were lightened up. Especially with Bruce line "Am Always Angry" smiley ,the audience fell in love with The Hulk instantly,and him saving Iron Man from falling,they were marveled,now they see him as a saviour not a monster(The Hulk adaptation on screen began). Ask anybody about The movie The Avengers,and you will observe they must always mention The Hulk role,check out the First poster on this thread smiley.
During this period as Hulk entered the Big screen of Immortality,Spiderman was starting from scratch(The amazing spiderman reboot 2012),so Spiderman adaptation on the big screen started again,while Hulk Flourished(Spiderman-1 Hulk-20 smiley ).

P.S: Am a Hulk die hard fan and a Marvelite. smiley

So now what do you have to say undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
He isn't the strongest, the fastest, the wisest,
best looking, most heavily muscled or all
powerful character, but I think Stan Lee's
genius was in any many ways best shown
when he created Spiderman. You see I haven't
yet found anyone who dislikes Spidey. He may
not be in every one's top ten but I sense an
enormous amount of good-will for the web-
slinger. Why is that? Here are some reasons
why..
1. As Pete Parker, he is the young hard up
struggling man so many of us identify with.
2. He has cool powers but he isn't invincible.
Punch him and he bleeds, shoot him and he
goes down, his victories are hard fought
through guile and effort. However, he is
stronger than any normal person, faster and
has those amazing webs! Every skinny
teenager would love to be Spidey, kicking ten
bells out of big guys!
3. He is New York's own and he isn't afraid of
accepting a little help.. I love Spiderman 1 &
2, where the normal people group together to
try and protect and help Spidey. Similar thing
happened in the last film with the crane
drivers. Other heroes, such as Superman don't
have that connection because they are too
powerful to need the assistance of normal
everyday folk.
4. Unlike Batman he isn't permanently
miserable, doesn't have a chip on his shoulder
and more often than not has an upbeat
outlook.
5. He is weak enough to be put in a good
story with a non super powered character, but
has sufficient powers and skills to give a
super-powered character a run for their
money.
6. Some will argue, but none of his films have
yet been duffers. They were all massively
successful. Sure, Spiderman 3 went a bit
heavy and serious at times, but it was the first
Super hero film to really delve deep into the
psyche and insecurity of what it means to be
a powerful hero and how this impacts those
you care about.
7. His parents weren't gunned down and he
did have the benefit of a loving aunt and
uncle bringing him up. He is generally a well
balanced individual, but he has seen tragedy
with the death of his Uncle Ben.
8. You could put him with any other super
hero group such as X Men, Avengers etc and
he would fit in nicely and wouldn't over
shadow them. The same cant always be said
of the all powerful characters such as Hulk or
Superman.
9. He was Marvel's first big hero, created to
be a more human and down to earth
equivalent of the all powerful DC heroes. Its
worked!
10. Unlike some super-heroes, the actor isn't
massively important in a spiderman film. Sure
you need a good actor, but I don't remember
many protests when Tobey Maguire and
Andrew Garfield were cast as Spidey!
I'm not saying Spiderman is the most popular
hero, just that in many ways he is the most
loved. Both Batman and Superman have those
who really don't like them, but I have yet to
find anyone who says "I really don't like
Spiderman".
So that's it bro...Relativity!!

1 Like

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Guykhena(m): 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
philfearon: He isn't the strongest, the fastest, the wisest,
best looking, most heavily muscled or all
powerful character, but I think Stan Lee's
genius was in any many ways best shown
when he created Spiderman.You see haven't yet found anyone who dislikes spidey.
Let me assume you're referring to those you have talked to,cus in the Marvel Universe he is the most hated superhero no thanks to J.J Thompson and the daily bugle.
philfearon: 2. He has cool powers but he isn't invincible.
Punch him and he bleeds, shoot him and he
goes down, his victories are hard fought
through guile and effort. However, he is
stronger than any normal person, faster and
has those amazing webs! Every skinny
teenager would love to be Spidey, kicking ten
bells out of big guys!
Really You would really want to have his complicated life undecided
Let me point something out,it is impossible for a bullet to hit Spidey in the comics,due to his spidey sense which makes him aware of his surroundings and which adverts him from the slightest bit of danger,Marc Webb fvked big time in "The Amazing Spiderman" in which spidey was hit by a 'Stray' Bullet(in real sense he fvcked up the character abilities)
philfearon:
3. He is New York's own and he isn't afraid of
accepting a little help..
New York own? But you know Tony Stark(IronMan), Dr Strange, are based in New York,so he is more like an attachment in the comics. He only rule some parts of New York(Queens).
I love Spiderman 1 &
2, where the normal people group together to
try and protect and help Spidey. Similar thing
happened in the last film with the crane
drivers. Other heroes, such as Superman don't
have that connection because they are too
powerful to need the assistance of normal
everyday folk.
Wtf In real sense the heroe saves/assist the people not the other way around. The crane drivers thing was totally out of point(another huge fvck up from Marc Webb),in the comics nobody likes spiderman one bit,this Amazing Spiderman version didn't exploit that at all,the Sam Raimi version did.

philfearon:
4. Unlike Batman he isn't permanently
miserable, doesn't have a chip on his shoulder
and more often than not has an upbeat
outlook.
Are we talking about looks here? If we are then the Spiderman flahsy red costume is a huge no,Batman picked a bat costume to strike fear in his enemies and Black color for stealth(spidey red is just flashy undecided ) so I don't get what you're saying here.
philfearon:
6. Some will argue, but none of his films have
yet been duffers. They were all massively
successful. Sure, Spiderman 3 went a bit
heavy and serious at times, but it was the first
Super hero film to really delve deep into the
psyche and insecurity of what it means to be
a powerful hero and how this impacts those
you care about.
Oh really so Spiderman 3 was a hit ya?
That's if you ignore the pactfull supervillains (Venom,Mini Goblin,Sandman) the way they were presented didn't make sense.
philfearon:
7. His parents weren't gunned down and he
did have the benefit of a loving aunt and
uncle bringing him up. He is generally a well
balanced individual, but he has seen tragedy
with the death of his Uncle Ben.
His parents weren't gunned down Last time I checked they were brutally murdered.
And how was he a balanced individual? Someone who suffers from low self issues(before he became spidey),you can tell with the way he killed the robber who murdered his uncle(sam raimi version of spiderman),so you don't call that balanced.

8. You could put him with any other super
hero group such as X Men, Avengers etc and
he would fit in nicely and wouldn't over
shadow them. The same cant always be said
of the all powerful characters such as Hulk or
Superman.
Haha,fit in nicely
Tell me how he would have fit into Th Avengers, we know Hulk got the strenght,Capt America got the leadership quality,Iron Man(brains)and got the armors,Hawkeye and Black widow(Trained master assasins),now tell me what role would spiderman fit in?

9. He was Marvel's first big hero, created to
be a more human and down to earth
equivalent of the all powerful DC heroes. Its
worked!
First Big Marvel Heroe Pls do your research well.
And how his he more human and down to earth?
The Marvel heroe who is more human and down to earth is def Capt America.
10. Unlike some super-heroes, the actor isn't
massively important in a spiderman film.
Wtf ,Tobey Maguire who ended being the most paid superheroe actor in history, when he had a back pain before spiderman 2,the filming date was shifted so he could have time to heal(you can see the influence he has).
And Tobey Maguire portrayal of Peter Packer was the definition of perfect.

I'm not saying Spiderman is the most popular
hero, just that in many ways he is the most
loved. Both Batman and Superman have those
who really don't like them, but I have yet to
find anyone who says "I really don't like
Spiderman".
So that's it bro...Relativity!!
*sighs* ok let me tell you the history of Spiderman in theaters. In the 50s no one wanted the character because durind that period most people had the phobia of spiders,so portraying their most hated creature into a man shocked (it seemed like a horror movie),they couldn't stand it,but soon they learnt how to cope with the character. So don't think the character was always loved..
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
lol! Bro u really have serious issues with Spidey....
I have tried googling the best comic movie adaptation, although spidey is not number one,but it is always in first five...Can't see ur revered Hulk anywhere near 20 best even...
And yeah,I know about Iron Man....
Try visiting the links I pasted earlier...
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Csami(m): 12:41am On Jul 08, 2014
Well in this case i go with superman. why?
1. They tell his story over and over again and nothing ever change.
2. He's humble, very down to earth. If i had such powers, i will send the world straight in their doom.
3. He is the best movie adaptation i've seen although not ma favorite.

As for spiderman's remake, sony just wanted to tell the whole world that they still retain spiderman's right. Bloody awful movie.
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by CeiW5k: 6:18am On Jul 08, 2014
Thinking....
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:22am On Jul 08, 2014
Csami:
As for spiderman's remake, sony just wanted to tell the whole world that they still retain spiderman's right. Bloody awful movie.
grin grin
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 6:47am On Jul 08, 2014
Csami:

[b]
The director tells Vulture he was a bit
exhausted with the “tremendous amount of
delegation” needed to make “gigantic” movies
like the Spider-Man films. However, it
ultimately came down to an inability to get
together a suitable story that led him to pass
on a fourth installment of the blockbuster
franchise.
“It really was the most amicable and
undramatic of breakups: It was simply that we
had a deadline and I couldn’t get the story to
work on a level that I wanted it to work,” he
said of his split with Sony Pictures. “I was
very unhappy with Spider-Man 3 , and I wanted
to make Spider-Man 4 to end on a very high
note, the best Spider-Man of them all. But I
couldn’t get the script together in time, due to
my own failings, and I said to Sony, ‘I don’t
want to make a movie that is less than great,
so I think we shouldn’t make this picture. Go
ahead with your reboot, which you’ve been
planning anyway.’”
He continued, “[Sony co-chairman] Amy
Pascal said, “Thank you. Thank you for not
wasting the studio’s money, and I appreciate
your candor.” So we left on the best of terms,
both of us trying to do the best thing for fans,
the good name of Spider-Man , and Sony
Studios.”
Raimi still hasn’t seen Marc Webb’s The
Amazing Spider-Man or Christopher Nolan’s
The Dark Knight Rises, but he did say he has
nothing but love for both projects. In fact, he
had originally looked at Anne Hathaway to
play Felicia Hardy, character Webb is rumored
to be incorporating into The Amazing Spider-
Man 2 and an actress that Nolan used in The
Dark Knight Rises.
“I’m not surprised [Hathaway did great in
TDKR], because I loved what she was doing
with the auditions for Spider-Man 4 ,” Raimi
said.
One movie he has seen is Joss Whedon’s The
Avengers, and he “loved it.” It turns out that
he has a bit of a history with Joss Whedon,
who Raimi finds an “extraordinarily talented
filmmaker.”
“In 1994, I was making a western called The
Quick and the Dead and having a script
problem, and I came to the studio and said,
‘Can you find me a writer? I’ve shot this
movie, and the end isn’t quite working,’”
Raimi recalled. “Ultimately, the movie didn’t
quite work. But they suggested Joss Whedon,
who was doing Buffy , so I met Joss and he
saw the movie, and he helped me solve this
ending in one afternoon. I thought, ‘Damn,
you’re a good writer! I wish I could have had
you rewrite the whole movie and save this
picture!’”
He continued, “I’ll never forget how good he
was, and how precise, so when I saw The
Avengers, I was not surprised that his name
was on it. It’s a very hard job to take all
those heroes and all those stories and know
exactly what bits the audience needs and what
they don’t need.”
[/b]
Get ur facts right before speaking bro....

1 Like

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Csami(m): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
philfearon:

[b]
The director tells Vulture he was a bit
exhausted with the “tremendous amount of
delegation” needed to make “gigantic” movies
like the Spider-Man films. However, it
ultimately came down to an inability to get
together a suitable story that led him to pass
on a fourth installment of the blockbuster
franchise.
“It really was the most amicable and
undramatic of breakups: It was simply that we
had a deadline and I couldn’t get the story to
work on a level that I wanted it to work,” he
said of his split with Sony Pictures. “I was
very unhappy with Spider-Man 3 , and I wanted
to make Spider-Man 4 to end on a very high
note, the best Spider-Man of them all. But I
couldn’t get the script together in time, due to
my own failings, and I said to Sony, ‘I don’t
want to make a movie that is less than great,
so I think we shouldn’t make this picture. Go
ahead with your reboot, which you’ve been
planning anyway.’”
He continued, “[Sony co-chairman] Amy
Pascal said, “Thank you. Thank you for not
wasting the studio’s money, and I appreciate
your candor.” So we left on the best of terms,
both of us trying to do the best thing for fans,
the good name of Spider-Man , and Sony
Studios.”
Raimi still hasn’t seen Marc Webb’s The
Amazing Spider-Man or Christopher Nolan’s
The Dark Knight Rises, but he did say he has
nothing but love for both projects. In fact, he
had originally looked at Anne Hathaway to
play Felicia Hardy, character Webb is rumored
to be incorporating into The Amazing Spider-
Man 2 and an actress that Nolan used in The
Dark Knight Rises.
“I’m not surprised [Hathaway did great in
TDKR], because I loved what she was doing
with the auditions for Spider-Man 4 ,” Raimi
said.
One movie he has seen is Joss Whedon’s The
Avengers, and he “loved it.” It turns out that
he has a bit of a history with Joss Whedon,
who Raimi finds an “extraordinarily talented
filmmaker.”
“In 1994, I was making a western called The
Quick and the Dead and having a script
problem, and I came to the studio and said,
‘Can you find me a writer? I’ve shot this
movie, and the end isn’t quite working,’”
Raimi recalled. “Ultimately, the movie didn’t
quite work. But they suggested Joss Whedon,
who was doing Buffy , so I met Joss and he
saw the movie, and he helped me solve this
ending in one afternoon. I thought, ‘Damn,
you’re a good writer! I wish I could have had
you rewrite the whole movie and save this
picture!’”
He continued, “I’ll never forget how good he
was, and how precise, so when I saw The
Avengers, I was not surprised that his name
was on it. It’s a very hard job to take all
those heroes and all those stories and know
exactly what bits the audience needs and what
they don’t need.”
[/b]
Get ur facts right before speaking bro....

Well since he couldn't get a suitable story why didn't he give it a rest? Like I said earlier, sony owns spiderman and that movie was a reminder to the world.
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Davidolives(m): 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
Guykhena:
I figured that was the only way to keep you in check. undecided and I recall the below,
well I guess I took that literally. Any ho....

Now unto your very first error.
Wtf,with this I can tell you don't get comic movies. Hold on was it the X-Men-Days of future past that confused you?
I mean the X-Men franchise which have been on screen 7 times(in which there wasn't any reboot,or shake?) Compared to SpiderMan trilogy Sam Raimi version,in which Tobey Maguire played spiderman 3 times,and guess what bcus of the huge critism on Spiderman 3 it was rebooted by Sony(mind you X-Men movies faced a lot of critisms,but that didn't err them,they continued on their marvelous franchise,imagine 7 straight continuity,and that ties Harry Potter).
Sony stopped the Sam Raimi version,so I don't get your view on the continuity thing at all undecided ,then Marc Webb was brought in for a reboot giving "The Amazing Spiderman" chattering the previous version continuity. undecided .
So if you go by your continuity logic,Spiderman aint Close to the X-Men franchise(so for screen adaptations Spiderman-0 X-Men-1).

Now unto the Hulk thing...
It aint news that the Hulk movies for the 21st century sucked balls(were failures),Eric Bana(2000 The Hulk movie),Ed Norton (2008 The Incredible Hulk).
Tho the Hulk movies were great,some viewers couldn't handle it,they were scared of the character wtf,telling us The Hulk adaptation on screen wasn't that all(during this period Sam Raimi spiderman was adjusting just fine).
The the Incredible Hulk(2008) came out,it was ok but the Hulk phobia was still there(one thing you understand from this two movies is that it is the same boring,hated storyline, Bruce Banner can't control his alter ego,the millitary after him,hulk causing havoc,viewers can't adjust to this,so the hulk adaptation to the screen was flopped sad (during this period Sam Raimi spiderman began to drop in its adaptation).
Then the Hulk character was giving its last chance to adapt to the big screen and he did in a spectacular way smiley in "The Avengers" (Thanks to Joss whedon and Mark Ruffalo performance) he wasn't the same old Hulk outta control,he was a Hero,the audience wasn't scared,why? Cus he was on their sides,while they were focusing on the aliens and were in shock wondering this creatures was unstoppable,then they recalled "We have a Monstrous creature on our own",so they were looking forward to see The Hulk(not looking away like the previous Hulk movies),and when he showcased himself smiley viewers were lightened up. Especially with Bruce line "Am Always Angry" smiley ,the audience fell in love with The Hulk instantly,and him saving Iron Man from falling,they were marveled,now they see him as a saviour not a monster(The Hulk adaptation on screen began). Ask anybody about The movie The Avengers,and you will observe they must always mention The Hulk role,check out the First poster on this thread smiley.
During this period as Hulk entered the Big screen of Immortality,Spiderman was starting from scratch(The amazing spiderman reboot 2012),so Spiderman adaptation on the big screen started again,while Hulk Flourished(Spiderman-1 Hulk-20 smiley ).

P.S: Am a Hulk die hard fan and a Marvelite. smiley

So now what do you have to say undecided
bro no marvelite would say hulk is the best i doubt your membership

2 Likes

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Qoaki3k: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
New ....
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Guykhena(m): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
Davidolives: bro no marvelite would say hulk is the best i doubt your membership
what the?
Nope,I doubt yours....
What is there not to like about The Hulk?
The most awesome comic character ever, is it his Rage,Strenght,unlimited stamina,he got it all.
I mean he is the strongest one there is in the Marvel Universe,he gives the bad guys a good run for their money.
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Guykhena: what the?
Nope,I doubt yours....
What is there not to like about The Hulk?
The most awesome comic character ever, is it his Rage,Strenght,unlimited stamina,he got it all.
I mean he is the strongest one there is in the Marvel Universe,he gives the bad guys a good run for their money.
What is special about hulk?

1 Like

Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Csami:

Well since he couldn't get a suitable story why didn't he give it a rest? Like I said earlier, sony owns spiderman and that movie was a reminder to the world.
He said he didn't meet the deadline and doesn't want to disappoint Spidey fans!!
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by Guykhena(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
philfearon:
What is special about hulk?
*sighs* ok let me list to you his awesomeness.

The madder The Hulk gets, the stronger he gets caused by an extra surge of adrenaline. This does not cause an additional gain in mass (an item which is shown only in the 2003 "HULK" movie). To date, there is no known limits to The Hulk's strength. He has been known to support a 150 billion ton mountain range during the 1st Secret Wars.

MENTAL ABILITIES
The Hulk has a very unusual mental ability that most other mortals don't have: He has the ability to see ghosts, spirits & such. Another ability is that he can, out of instinct, always find the area in New Mexico which was the site of the 1st Gamma Bomb explosion, which is what turned Banner into The Hulk in the 1st place. He also has shown the ability to resist mind control.

DURABILITY & HEALING FACTOR
The Hulk is a very durable guy. Although he isn't invunerable, he does have a high resistance to extreme heat and cold, bullets, fire, grenades, artillery shells, concussive forces & such. The Hulk does have his limits, though. He could not survive "ground zero" of a nuclear explosion. If he is injured, The Hulk has one of the greatest & fastest healing factor in the marvel universe. He can heal in a matter of minutes from wounds that would prove deadly or incapacitating to nearly everyone else

BREATHING UNDER WATER
Banner & The Hulk just recently discovered another power that The Hulk had, and that is the ability to breath under water. Over the years, The Hulk's body has developed a gland that allows him to breath fluids. This is also handy in another way, since it allows The Hulk's lungs to be filled with fluids when he is under water, thus avoiding decompression and nitrogen narcosis..
And btw there's no foe he can't match,compared to other heroes he can stand any villain. Imagine spiderman going against "The Abomination" undecided it doesn't make sense right?
There are even cases in which other heroes call the Hulk for assistance,while all other heroes have limits The HULK have non angry
Re: Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? by philfearon(m): 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
Guykhena:
*sighs* ok let me list to you his awesomeness.

The madder The Hulk gets, the stronger he gets caused by an extra surge of adrenaline. This does not cause an additional gain in mass (an item which is shown only in the 2003 "HULK" movie). To date, there is no known limits to The Hulk's strength. He has been known to support a 150 billion ton mountain range during the 1st Secret Wars.

MENTAL ABILITIES
The Hulk has a very unusual mental ability that most other mortals don't have: He has the ability to see ghosts, spirits & such. Another ability is that he can, out of instinct, always find the area in New Mexico which was the site of the 1st Gamma Bomb explosion, which is what turned Banner into The Hulk in the 1st place. He also has shown the ability to resist mind control.

DURABILITY & HEALING FACTOR
The Hulk is a very durable guy. Although he isn't invunerable, he does have a high resistance to extreme heat and cold, bullets, fire, grenades, artillery shells, concussive forces & such. The Hulk does have his limits, though. He could not survive "ground zero" of a nuclear explosion. If he is injured, The Hulk has one of the greatest & fastest healing factor in the marvel universe. He can heal in a matter of minutes from wounds that would prove deadly or incapacitating to nearly everyone else

BREATHING UNDER WATER
Banner & The Hulk just recently discovered another power that The Hulk had, and that is the ability to breath under water. Over the years, The Hulk's body has developed a gland that allows him to breath fluids. This is also handy in another way, since it allows The Hulk's lungs to be filled with fluids when he is under water, thus avoiding decompression and nitrogen narcosis..
And btw there's no foe he can't match,compared to other heroes he can stand any villain. Imagine spiderman going against "The Abomination" undecided it doesn't make sense right?
There are even cases in which other heroes call the Hulk for assistance,while all other heroes have limits The HULK have non angry
Considering the fact that he is a human experiment gone wrong,All this his powers are overrated and over powered..He is just human bro!!
And how about that Girl? is she not his weakness?
Hulk was just an overrated answer to Dc's Superman,..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramsey Noah Vs. Van Vicker / I Came To See Films And I Saw Films / See This Agbaya Making Love To This Small Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.