Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,681 members, 7,813,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! (1795 Views)

Jonathan Returns To Nigeria From UK After A Month Vacation - Punch / See Gov Fayose Dancing After Winning all The Elections In Ekiti / Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by elitehow: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nigeria has lost another of her best brains, after Nasir Abdulkadir Yammama, winner of the British Council's innovation prize, said he has chosen to represent the United Kingdom instead of Nigeria.

Yammama who would be contesting in the Microsoft sponsored Global Technology competition revealed that he would be flying the colours of England and not the green-white-green.

Continue from Source: http://www..com/index.php/41-blog/blog-articles/350-a-nigerian-has-dumped-his-country-for-britain-after-winning-british-airways-competition

For Mobile Users, Continue Here: http://m..com/app/see-why-this-man-dumped-nigeria-for-uk/3582676/36/

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by mikolo80: 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sharp guy

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
How do you expect patriotic allegiance when the country does not place premiums on her cictizens who are endowed... The uk is a better launch pad for whatever this young man wants to achieve... The UK is a hugely conducive environment for whatver he wishes to bring forth... If he represents Nigeria and wins does it end there?

You reap where you have sown!

And after losing narrowly this morning in the "why we changed your usernames" thread I am heavily contented and with my recent success here.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by blacksta(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nigeria has nothing to offer him. We do not value good ethics and Intelligence. One thing for sure , he will get the necessary support from the UK. Innovation rules the world. As you can see he is already embracing one of the richest men/innovators in the world, do you honestly think that this same scenario would have played out in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
If na me nko, wetin dey Nigeria?
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by madamoringo(f): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ravenwolf: How do you expect patriotic allegiance when the country does not place premiums on her cictizens who are endowed... The uk is a better launch pad for whatever this young man wants to achieve... The UK is a hugely conducive environment for whatver he wishes to bring forth... If he represents Nigeria and wins does it end there?

You reap where you have sown!

And after losing narrowly this morning in the "why we changed your usernames" thread I am heavily contented and with my recent success here.

But you and your ilk have been shouting GEJ till you are in the graves? So who are you kidding? I hope a visa ban is enacted to keep all Naija in their PDP goodluck country so they can't escape to a sane society where we elect the best man for the job at every level!

6 Likes

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by otokx(m): 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
madamoringo:

But you and your ilk have been shouting GEJ till you are in the graves? So who are you kidding? I hope a visa ban is enacted to keep all Naija in their PDP goodluck country so they can't escape to a sane society where we elect the best man for the job at every level!

Don't mind them jonathanians; give them half a chance and they will all leave this country.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
He is a young man with bright prospects, Nigeria is no good place for such visions and dreams. He took the right decision.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
madamoringo:

Just so I am right; are you even of the slightest opinion that the nations current decay I'd solely the fault of GEJ, that would most assuredly set new records for unmitigated stupidity.

Inasmuch as I not a blind follower of GEJ, we have seen him for whom he is, his great intentions for this nation albeit his pronounced flaws. GEJ did not put us where we are.

Travel ban I laugh in Greek, if such were drwan up tomorrow you'd be the first to scream blue murder, a pool of contradictions!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by alabiyemmy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
So we should start weeping or what? Thats his choice man.
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by olapluto(m): 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
If he represents Nigeria, and they ask him to get a letter from the Foreign Affairs Ministry, that is where his competition will start.
He will need to pass exam with the gateman at the ministry, the secretary to the person who has the form, the person who has the form, the secretary to the boss who will sign the form, the boss who signs the form, the secretary to the person who will stamp the form, and the person who will stamp the form.
If one has an option to bypass these initial harder tests, one should!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by idupaul: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Good !!! Let Nyesom Wike go and represent Nigeria in the competition

3 Likes

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by alienvirus: 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
These are the types of people that deserve national award. Unfortunately the ugly thieves are being awarded over and over again.
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Yujin(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
himkers: He is a young man with bright prospects, Nigeria is no good place for such visions and dreams. He took the right decision.
Go Nasir, go!
If he had chosen to represent Nigeria, I would have insulted him.
Nigeria does not worth it. Restructure the damn empire or divide it outrightly. Death to this Nigeria.
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
Opportunity comes but once. He did the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by abes(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
I don't blame him, when militants in Nigeria earns far more than what graduates earn.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by slex(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nasir . You did the best thing. If i was in your shoes its UK till death man.
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
If na me,I go also disown the cesspit called Nigeria..that name Nigeria should be substituted for cursed.
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Chanchit: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
God bless the guy. Nigerian gov't that does not know I exist. I nearly cried when I was reading @Zubby77 man on the run story where he was injured in Holland, but he had a french resident permit with him, his treatment bill was forwarded to d french gov't. I just asked myself if Nigerian gov't would even do that for his citizen talkless of a foreigner.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
ohh!!!
aw i wish i could c a gud Samaritan to take to one bush in Europe.....
i would b so much happy to dump Nigeria and all its probs...

Y my maa born me for dis country to come Suffer...
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Litmus: 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Proper context:

"Many of us are going from England. That is why they have to screen us. We are now at the semifinal stage. But this (Microsoft technology) competition is like the world cup in the area of technology innovation," he said.

The British Council said on its website that it was amazed at Yammama's vision towards the solution to Nigeria's problems.

"What struck us about Nasir was that unlike a lot of young people his age, he is actively thinking about solutions to Nigeria's current problems and he has taken a different perspective to what he believes this solutions might be," said the British Council.

looks to me that, unlike some of the Africans living in Nigeria responding above, the chap has chosen the path he believes will help fulfill his dream to help his fellow Nigerians.

He seems a descent person, stop misrepresenting him.
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by 50calibre(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nigeria is not a country where talent or academic excellence is recognised of appreciated.

The young man chose the UK, rightfully so! I think any sane person in his shoes will do the same.

That pic says it all. the man with him, is Richard Branson, one of the UK's richest men, a dropout himself but you can clearly see he's impressed with the young man, that's indicative of the kind of support he will receive from the UK.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by lokito: 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
tf! The same buncha mfk'ers that will call him a dumb asss monkey in no time. Those Caucasians are wolves in Sheeps clothing goddamit

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Donkaz(m): 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
He's not the first neither will he be the last, i can remember philip Emegwali the great engineer that the americans took away to their country... So instead of lambasting him for making the right decision,be praying to be the next in line
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by redsun(m): 11:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
I spike to somebody somewhere in delta state Nigeria that told me they not had electricity for three years. grin grin. I think it us utterly crazy,it is like being in the stone age,with less technological and managerial expertise of the early men.

It is pure melancholy.
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by harlyon(m): 12:29am On Jul 08, 2014
quote author=redsun]I spike to somebody somewhere in delta state Nigeria that told me they not had electricity for three years. grin grin. I think it us utterly crazy,it is like being in the stone age,with less technological and managerial expertise of the early men.

It is pure melancholy.[/quote]. So true
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by felipemadero(m): 4:07am On Jul 08, 2014
what more can I say
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by MisterLongman(m): 4:49am On Jul 08, 2014
lokito: tf! The same buncha mfk'ers that will call him a dumb asss monkey in no time. Those Caucasians are wolves in Sheeps clothing goddamit
Idiota, is this the best thing your brain can come up with
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by shikshark: 5:40am On Jul 08, 2014
is he el rufai's son?
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by lmm4real: 6:01am On Jul 08, 2014
In as much as it is hard to say, I will say it. I think u did the right thing son.
Re: Breaking! Man Dumped Nigeria For Uk After Winning British Airways Competition! by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 08, 2014
Good riddance of another potential boko boy. Nonsenseundecided

(1) (Reply)

History Of U.S. Government False Flag Operations / Nigerian Military To Court-martial Over 100 Soldiers For Cowardice / Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.