Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart (20929 Views)

Gov. Nyako Impeached By Adamawa Assembly / ‎Court Stops Adamawa Assembly From Impeaching Nyako / Lagos Police Secretly Returns N250million Into Anambra Account Via Fidelity Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by Decibel: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Trouble is said to be brewing in
Adamawa State House of Assembly
over the alleged disbursement of
N250 million to facilitate the
impeachment of Governor Murtala
Nyako. The money, it was alleged, was to be
shared to the 25 members to ginger
them to impeach the governor, who,
recently, accused President Goodluck
Jonathan of committing genocide
against the North in the name of fighting terrorism. Each member of the House was to
receive N10 million of the money said
to have been given to a member of
the Adamawa House of Assembly by a
popular governor in the country. The officer, who collected the money,
allegedly shortchanged the
lawmakers by paying them N8 million
each and pocketing the balance.
Besides, the plot to oust Nyako was
said to have suffered a setback when four of the members rejected the
largesse, insisting that they could not
work against the governor, who
brought them into limelight. Apart
from the four members, who rejected
the alleged bribe, six others, who allegedly collected, have reportedly
sworn not to jump on the bandwagon
to remove Nyako, leaving the
impeachment protagonists in a
dilemma. Sunday Vanguard gathered that the
rejection of the money by the four and
refusal of the six others to be part of
the plot to remove Nyako is causing
unease in the PDP in Adamawa State.
A source told Sunday Vanguard that to be able to remove Nyako, the
lawmakers needed 17 members to
make up the two thirds majority
required by law. The move to oust the governor
intensified last week when the
Speaker of the House threatened to
declare vacant the seat of any
member, who refuses to join the PDP.
Under the circumstance, four members who were in the opposition APC
immediately switched their
membership to the PDP, making the
entire membership of the house to
belong to the party. It will be recalled that before Nyako
defected to the APC last December, his
former party, the PDP, had 21
members with the former ACN, having
three and the defunct CPC, with one
member. It was learnt that six candidates, including the deputy
governor of the state, Bala James
Ngillari, had already positioned
themselves as potential successors to
Nyako.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/gov-nyakos-impeachment-move-n250m-donation-splits-adamawa-house-assembly/

1 Like

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by hopeyemih(m): 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
nigeria and her supporter of APC politicians..smh
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by spillyboy14: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
#touching story.

9 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by stevikenna: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
politics!!!!
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by alienvirus: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Let the dirty game begin. Why is there so much money to play politics with and the society suffer daily?

5 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by lakesider(m): 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nigeria, land of shit, I see no difference btw apc and pdp

5 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by mrjangaweed: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Propa uganda

Nyako is dead already noting can save him

3 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by Jostico: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
the way some pipo dey call money self...he nor dey heavy you for mouth

9 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by iceberylin(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
6 collect kwo, 4reject ni...

not my bizzzZ
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by keandre: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by Jostico: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
na wa oooooo
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by superior1: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
[size=13pt]Is Jonathan this desperate[/size]

25 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by 9jahubcom(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
nice
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by campusflavour: 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
just small ten mill, to sabotage someones life, abeg if na me i go collect am vote blank paper for them

5 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by sirugos(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
Also booked
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by Enkaynwa(f): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
But this is old news nah

the koko now is that nyako is a gonner

2 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by 2scorehigh(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Just another case of looters looting looters?

3 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by hensben(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
[size=13pt]ah beg who win 2015 general election between apc n pdp? i nor dey naija since, i just enter the country last week.[/size]

7 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by jayseehe(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Where are the PDP E-rats?

5 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
money has to be involved
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by seunwen2(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Just observing
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by Ayorh4you(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
I WAS HERE. BTW, IM YET TO FIND MY LOST BLACKBERRY. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN USEFUL INFO?
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by Trendy247: 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
CORRUPTION EVERYWHERE
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by saasala(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Anything goes in Naija. SMH
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
I just hope they v all started Karate or Street Fight training.
Some legislative members head is destined to break soon.
Awon olori buruku!
They were there just for the money!

1 Like

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by godG: 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
One reason I don't watch comedies is that I get loads of it daily from these political clowns. cheesy cheesy I'm loving it, it's gonna be a long week in Adamawa.

2 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by PHfinest(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Kai, this post can lie o

2 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by Hardetayour: 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Make I book land. By tomorrow, price go don multiply :-D

5 Likes

Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by sohl7(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
Is this story for real ?.....let the game continue.
Re: IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart by zicoraads: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
Most Nigerians have failed to realise that it isnt the executive that has actually failed us, the legislature has failed us more. They are sorely responsible for checkmatine the executive and have failed in doing so.

A situation whereby members have to be bribed to perform their constitutional responsibilities shows that this country has totally lost its trajectory.

We can only hope!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Denies Calling Omojuwa "Stupid", Says It's 'Photoshopped' / Nigerians React to the suspension of Walter Onnoghen / Okorocha Dares Ihedioha On Arrest Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.