Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? (3918 Views)

Why Do Many Couples Wear Their Wedding Ring On Their Right Hand Instead Of Left? / Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
i don't know if every kid does this but all the toddlers i've met in life all wear their footwears on the wrong leg and it seems normal to them, is there any explanation for this absurd behaviour.
Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
Because they are kids

1 Like

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Why do they soil their clothes when they eat?
Why do they go about with running noses?
Why do they pee on themselves if they don't have daipers on?

. . . Cos the don't know any better!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by EfemenaXY: 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Elliotwiz1: i don't know if every kid does this but all the toddlers i've met in life all wear their footwears on the wrong leg and it seems normal to them, is there any explanation for this absurd behaviour.

Nothing absurd about it.

They're simple going through a "learning phase". We all make mistakes but get better with practice. It's no different for toddlers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
What do you expect when the left part of the brain controls the right part of the body and vice versa? tongue grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
Wedon: Why do they soil their clothes when they eat?
Why do they go about with running noses?
Why do they pee on themselves if they don't have daipers on?

. . . Cos the don't know any better!!!
no this is different. babies easily learn new things and do them exactly the way they see them done. e.g my sister's baby was not known for crying, she would only whimp when hurt and it's only for seconds but one day a friend came with her baby that cries when hurt and amazingly my sister's baby changed.not a cock and bull story. she also learnt how to clean a wet floor exactly the way it's done and she's not even yet 2 years old. but on wearing footwears on wrong foot, she's just not getting it. i try to get her to do the right thing and she keeps repeating it. just thought about this for a moment, every kid i've met does this but not all kids do other silly things kids do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

Nothing absurd about it.

They're simple going through a "learning phase". We all make mistakes but get better with practice. It's no different for toddlers.
hmmmm i think you're not getting my question. the question is

"why is this the default instinct?"

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by EfemenaXY: 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Elliotwiz1: hmmmm i think you're not getting my question. the question is

"why is this the default instinct?"

What makes it "default"?
Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by paranorman(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
Itrs normal.. To me, they seem not to care about it. They dont care about many things; no self-awareness and this is what makes dem cute.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by papindinho(m): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

What make it "default"?

I think babies are innocent and ignorant naturally..... They have no knowledge of two or many things but one. The need to cry when they are hungry is the only thing they know. They do every thing they do as their first attempt. And as such, they do it anyhow.
Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
My 4yr old kid brother is fond of doing this. He just keeps putting the wrong footwear at the wrong leg-everyday!

But guess what the annoying thing is - he burst into tears when ever you correct him. And like serious, I gave up!
Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ceasar1: My 4yr old kid brother is fond of doing this. He just keeps putting the wrong footwear at the wrong leg-everyday!

But guess what the annoying thing is - he burst into tears when ever you correct him. And like serious, I gave up!
so this means i'll keep correcting her till she's 3 or 4? faints#
Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by nairalife2013(m): 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
They do it becos they think they know too much!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by nairalife2013(m): 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ceasar1: My 4yr old kid brother is fond of doing this. He just keeps putting the wrong footwear at the wrong leg-everyday!

footwears are easier to wear the wrong way. At that age they think everything is right! And u are d fool dat doesn't know anything!
Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
undecided cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by nairalife2013(m): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ceasar1:

Busted!. Nice knowing you are a Fool.
my kidz do d same. Wearing shoes wrongly. In other words, they think they are doing d right thing. In thier perception, the adult who tries to correct them is d one who is wrong. U seem to misunderstand me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
nairalife2013: my kidz do d same. Wearing shoes wrongly. In other words, they think they are doing d right thing. In thier perception, the adult who tries to correct them is d one who is wrong. U seem to misunderstand me.

shocked.. Have to work on my English. Sorry.
Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by dominique(f): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
My 3year old does it deliberately. Sometimes he wears the slippers wrongly and says- 'mummy see my leg', its like he expects me to correct him all the time. I don't believe they're actually comfortable going around like that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
dominique: My 3year old does it deliberately. Sometimes he wears the slippers wrongly and says- 'mummy see my leg', its like he expects me to correct him all the time. I don't believe they're actually comfortable going around like that.
sometimes you change their wears to the correct positions and once they observe you've left they change it back.it's annoying but funny.i've observed kids and know every single behaviour is caused or learnt but this beats me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by onegig(m): 12:26am On Jul 08, 2014
A careful understanding of what a kid's eye view of the foot and shoes would only tell you one thing. " Their ability to visualize the tiny differences between similar objects is still very primitive at that stage" and that's true because apart from the position of the toes nothing is different in a kid's foot. So what's the biggie if i wear the shoe mismatched they think to themselves? That's even if they know it's mismatched.

Want to understand what transpires in their minds while trying to put these shoes on? Put them infront of a mirror and tell them to hold their left ear. It's an illusion to them. So stop bothering them Abeg. As long as they are comfortable in the mismatched shoes. They are fine and okay!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by b3llo(m): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2014
They don't know any better.
Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by itstpia8: 6:18am On May 18, 2016
Check Piaget's stages here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piaget%27s_theory_of_cognitive_development#Assimilation_and_accommodation
Re: Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? by franciseromosel(m): 10:23pm On May 18, 2016
I think toddlers wear their slippers or shoes the wrong way because its tighter wearing their slippers that wrong way.It will make it not to pull and they can easily run around with it.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Tony Rapu Shares Important Tips For Married Women / A Husband,his Wife And Girlfriend..advice? / I Will Be Dead In Few Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.