Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings (2635 Views)

Checkout How Couples Who Met At The Club Dance At Their Wedding - Photo / Why Do Toddlers Wear Their Footwears On The Wrong Legs? / Are Men Up To Something When They Fail To Wear Wedding Bands?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
I am reading this newspaper feature... "excuses men give for hiding their wedding rings" and it's so hilarious. they all claim its because they don't like jewelry or a burden. But when asked if they would allow their wives not to use it, they're like.."why won't she? What message is she passing across?"

So, it got me thinking... guys, have you ever removed/hidden your wedding rings for selfish/selfless reasons? What were they?

And ladies? Have you ever caught him without his wedding ring when it isn't supposed to be so? What was your thought/reaction?

I asked my sister... "he'd never worn it past that wedding day." and na true. Honestly, I don't think I can use it too.

###satuirday Punch...page 27##

1 Like

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sometimes I go out with my rings on my six fingers. Sometimes I forget to even wear any. Depends on the place, occasion, time factor etc. I dont sleep with rings on.

As for hubby. I don't even remember when last he wore his. Truth is I don't care. I want to even sell his ring to buy more for my middle left finger.
Anyone can wear a ring. Like my neighbor when I was serving. Squating with her boyfriend, had a baby for him. went to market and bought ring for herself . Nigerian marriages

2 Likes

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
Buhahahahahaha.. that Is so true ooo. @bolded
U wan sell your 'object of ur vow' grin for more rings when all your fingers dey carry dem own designated pieces.

grin grin I don't like rings...
Chillisauce: Sometimes I go out with my rings on my six fingers. Sometimes I forget to even wear any. Depends on the place, occasion, time factor etc. I dont sleep with rings on.

As for hubby. I don't even remember when last he wore his. Truth is I don't care. I want to even sell his ring to buy more for my middle left finger.
Anyone can wear a ring. Like my neighbor when I was serving. Squating with her boyfriend, had a baby for him. went to market and bought ring for herself . Nigerian marriages

1 Like

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by bennyrazz: 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
those tiny little handcuffs called wedding ring

2 Likes

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
I used to take it personal when hubby removed his own and wore it in any of the fingers so that it won't give him mark so I guess. So after sometime, he started wearing it religiously and I was like good for him. I think one day I went out and he came to pick and saw that I didn't wear mine. Since that day he removed his, and when I enquired why he isn't wearing his ring. He said it is giving him mark and he needs to free the finger. Well felt bad the first day and after then I let it slide. Didn't bother talking about it again. I am giving him few months and if he doesn't resume. I will look for it and sell it. I can make a whole lot of money from it.
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by floranbee1(f): 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
My rings are always on my finger 24 hours everyday even when am sleeping.My hubby was very fond of wearing his ring when we were newly married but along the line he formed the habit of removing it before washing his car and forgotting to wear it back until he eventually lost it.
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:01am On Aug 24, 2014
not putting it on doesnt mean he actually wants to flirt,somr have reasons,like d hubby of d posters above.....ring is an accesory,not d marriage....so it doesnt matter

1 Like

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2014
Icherishu: I used to take it personal when hubby removed his own and wore it in any of the fingers so that it won't give him mark so I guess. So after sometime, he started wearing it religiously and I was like good for him. I think one day I went out and he came to pick and saw that I didn't wear mine. Since that day he removed his, and when I enquired why he isn't wearing his ring. He said it is giving him mark and he needs to free the finger. Well felt bad the first day and after then I let it slide. Didn't bother talking about it again. I am giving him few months and if he doesn't resume. I will look for it and sell it. I can make a whole lot of money from it.
ur hubby is a gentle man oo,take it easy on him,his reasons may be geniune,u too dint wear urs at a time.....so please dont sell it ooo,i was what u guys were knotted with....is d money u will get worth more than it undecided
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 24, 2014
Bootybuttchic: ur hubby is a gentle man oo,take it easy on him,his reasons may be geniune,u too dint wear urs at a time.....so please dont sell it ooo,i was what u guys were knotted with....is d money u will get worth more than it undecided
My dear my wedding has gotten missing for two times, so after he bought this last one. I am very careful how I handle it now. And moreover that day was that I just stepped out to a friend's place close to a friend's place.

I chose to believe his reasons are genuine that is why I let it slide. I have come to realised that the best way to inner peace is to let things slide. So that is what am doing now.
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by 5minsmadness: 10:49am On Aug 24, 2014
Me am allergic to gold oh!
Am not used to wearing rings, necklaces, even metal wristwatches make my skin itch!
Abeg after church wedding I go deposit the ring for bank for safekeeping...make madam no vex...
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2014
Icherishu:
My dear my wedding has gotten missing for two times, so after he bought this last one. I am very careful how I handle it now. And moreover that day was that I just stepped out to a friend's place close to a friend's place.

I chose to believe his reasons are genuine that is why I let it slide. I have come to realised that the best way to inner peace is to let things slide. So that is what am doing now.
okay,iget now.thats gud tho wink
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by iceberylin(m): 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
Too many Wahala in marriage

1 Like

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lol. I wonder their reason, sometimes it's for illegal reasons, then some don't actually like jewelries.

I don't do jewelries, even my earring na force, so I used to forget my ring a lot way back, and I wouldn't even notice till a guy starts hitting on me, I'm like 'is this nigga blind, can't he see my ring'...then I look @my finger - no ring. embarassed
My hubby used to forget too, he started putting it close to his car keys. That's what I used to do too...till it became a part of me.

When my hubby forgets to put on his, I don't get angry bc I trust him, but when I forget mind...im go wan die, not like he doesn't trust me, he is just naturally overprotective.

1 Like

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by beeevan: 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
My husband doesn't take his off even though it's almost cutting through his skin and I don't take mine off as well. If the husband has excuses for not wearing his ring, i don't see why the wife shouldn't have reasons to take hers off too.

If the man rids his ring,the woman should rid hers too, after all the ring is not the marriage.

4 Likes

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Kanwulia: 11:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Husband mata again kwa nu? cheesy

Thank our ancestral shrines for open marriages.

*packing my bags, one more night to work and off on vacation ourra the country. . . . .time for some HOT RUNZ. . . .

Wey my passport and tickets jare. . . . Time to print my boarding pass* cool

2 Likes

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by cococandy(f): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
He wears his more than a wear mine because I take mine off to bath or sleep and he never takes his off.
Learning to pick mine up everytime I pick my earings up. Will totally get used to always wearing it very soon. I hope

1 Like

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by uzoexcel(m): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
i obviously v no business in this thread sad
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by breathless(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Stopped wearing mine less than a month after wedding (almost 8yrs now). Not a jewelry person. Wifey wears it in addition to hers. I'm quick to state my marital status at all times anywhere, anytime and with anyone.
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
I put mine on whenever am going out.Is near my earing so I can't go out without it.Hubby doesn't remove his and has worn it like 5yrs now.
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by bellong: 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
I only wore that thing for one week.

I gave my wife around march this year to sell it if she's interested in the money.

The ring is gone forever....... cheesy cheesy
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Seun(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
I think it's good to have very comfortable rings you can both keep on all the time: http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/typeoffit.html
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by teewai3(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
not married!! bt seriously, i dont lyt putting on ring nd i dont see anytin wrng with dat...i think my wife will undastand
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Clemzy16(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
5minsmadness: Me am allergic to gold oh!
Am not used to wearing rings, necklaces, even metal wristwatches make my skin itch!
Abeg after church wedding I go deposit the ring for bank for safekeeping...make madam no vex...
Same here..
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hardly wear mine. Ring is an unnecessary burden. Wifey doesn't mind. No woman has hit on me yet.
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by breathless(m): 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sold mine. Wifey use to wear it in addition to hers. Didn't wear it up to a month after wedding.
Doesn't stop me from "declaring" my marital status when circumstances demands.
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by tpia1: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Gaggi: Hardly wear mine. Ring is an unnecessary burden. Wifey doesn't mind. No woman has hit on me yet.

maybe because you're not wearing one.

2 Likes

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hubby doesn't wear one ,he lost it years ago and I don't care
I am not that insecure
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by armyofone(m): 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
After spending thousands of dollars buying those rocks/golds, I wonder why you won't wear it.
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by chibwike(m): 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
softsparkyy: Doesn't really matter. Men of nowadays do not hide their rings anymore to approach single girls. Infact they will tell you they are married with so..so..so..kids, show you the pictures of their wives and kids. So you see my dear sister just pray he is a principle man with or without ring.
Dear kindly follow back
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by chibwike(m): 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
cococandy: He wears his more than a wear mine because I take mine off to bath or sleep and he never takes his off.
Learning to pick mine up everytime I pick my earings up. Will totally get used to always wearing it very soon. I hope
you married
Re: When Husbands Dont Wear Their Wedding Bands/rings by cococandy(f): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Yes smiley
chibwike: you married

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Baby Is Always Crying. Should I Ignore Her. / I Need Help / Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.