Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria (26739 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Networks In Nigeria (Reloaded) / How To Check BIS Balance For All Networks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

Animal we are waiting. I have showed mine but you said i don't live in ph because in your mosquito brain you know everyone from ph.

please people,what did dis lunatic show us?...or am I d only 1 dat can't see his screenshot? grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

please people,what did dis lunatic show us?...or am I d only 1 dat can't see his screenshot? grin

Blind bat check previous page
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

guy,after i post a screenshot of dat 2mb/s,just know that ur d greatest pfool on d surface on this planet.

What are you waiting for? Let everyone see the 2MB/s
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

What are you waiting for? Let everyone see the 2MB/s

Who's ur daddy now? grin

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
It goes as high as 2.6mb/s @ midnights.

Dat 240mb file didn't take more than 3mins to download....that's speed. cheesy
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

Who's ur daddy now? grin

GOOD for you, now you see that you are stupid, because it's base on your location. Why not move to other parts of lag and try it or come down to port harcourt and see. Mtcheew
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
smile 4glte baby

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by nani667: 11:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
Swift 4G LTE cool

Stays bossing ✔

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 12:49am On Jul 11, 2014
nani667: Swift 4G LTE cool

Stays bossing ✔
where in Lagos do you stay?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
UNILORIN Wireless wink

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jjzones(m): 9:11am On Jul 12, 2014
Well, I have been able to enjoy some sort of good internet connection where I live although not affordable but I believe we can replicate it on a DIO (Do it ourselves) basis. The reason why most of these ISP's offer poor service with high overhead cost is because their investors and owners expect to recover all their investments in one year or less. They don't have the customers requirement in mind because they simply do not have the resources to care about what the users feel. The reason why they also have poor customer service is because they are cutting cost by all hiring fewer customer service representatives and also can't do anything even when you complain about your speed, they are simply can't. This will allow not allow the ISP's to focus on increasing their backbones facilities and speed delivery. But if we create a system that is practically scalable without the interest of a third party investors in mind. This will allow the ISP to focus on increasing its data delivery speed as the amount of users increases. There is a company that promises to offer that but in an unconventional manner. We actually have to help fund it. If you believe in making such a dream reality, then do what you can for the indigenous firm. If you won't kindly share here why you won't consider supporting such an idea.

The like is: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cheap-and-unlimited-internet-access-for-nigeria/x/8119279
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 10:57am On Jul 12, 2014
jmaine:

Yes it is, but freaking on the high side . .
wats there coverage loke in lagos?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 10:57am On Jul 12, 2014
jmaine:

Yes it is, but freaking on the high side . .
wats there coverage like in lagos?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jmaine: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2014
purplekayc: wats there coverage like in lagos?

Very fair except in the outskirts.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2014
django1:

Smile is very fast here in Ibadan. I burnt through 15g in three weeks.
is smile operatin in all the western states,,?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 11:07am On Jul 12, 2014
lucarella:

Bros, I have begged them to be their advocate many times. These Smile 4G guys are just too fast. Now I believe we have fast internet in Nigeria.
do they operate in all the western ststes,??
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jmaine: 11:19am On Jul 12, 2014
purplekayc: is smile operatin in all the western states,,?

No , only in Oyo and Lagos.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by nani667: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2014
Airtel Nigeria.... For the people that say Airtel is slow....

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
Etesam: Does this mean that NON of the major (4) phone companies currently provide 4G connectivity?
we dey suffer for this country oo .I heard that a Japanese firm justi troduced a speed of up to 2gb per sec

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 08, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

I use a spectranet in abuja... And its the bomb. There speed and customer care is superb.

I am afraid of recommending them to others least so many people come on board the network thereby making their service slow like they did to starcomms.

tongue I am that selfish. Please stay away from spectranet. Especially if you are in Abuja.

#MathewBriggs
Boss13: For someone who has tried all networks I can confidently say Smile is the best of them all. I currently have spectranet and smile. Smile on Mifi and spectranet on modern at home. Spectranet is cheap, 30g for N8,000. However, their speed is up to 2mbps. Smile is expensive, 10g for N9,000 but the average speed is 11mbps. I am currently in Abuja, but reside permanently in Lagos, else I would have shown both speed test. Swift is a noise maker and I stopped patronizing them.
Hey guys I'm also in abuja and want to get spectranet. Are they still any good? I just need them majorly for downloading movies. Where I stay in Garki, my MTN gives me great speeds(6-8MBps) and is also very steady, but I'm looking for something else to supplement it with since the data rate on MTN is quite expensive compared to spectranet. I'll appreciate any of you responding, cheers.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ahf(m): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2014
Anyone on Smile network ? How is there speed?

They are about launching in Port Harcourt and would be a good option to consider for frequent traveler between Lagos and Port Harcourt

Their bundles are not competitive compared to Swift and Spectranet though !!!
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jmaine: 12:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
ahf:
Anyone on Smile network ? How is there speed?

They are about launching in Port Harcourt and would be a good option to consider for frequent traveler between Lagos and Port Harcourt

Their bundles are not competitive compared to Swift and Spectranet though !!!

In terms of speed , Smile blows the competition away, though on the high side . . .

Better soup na money dey kill am . . . . grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ahf(m): 8:39am On Oct 09, 2014
jmaine:

In terms of speed , Smile blows the competition away, though on the high side . . .

Better soup na money dey kill am . . . . grin

I used Spectranet in Lagos a few days ago.. and it was very good . far better than my etisalat.

Naira for GB Spectranet is the best

Smile is worth a try with the feedback from users, but their bundle prices are not attractive at all !
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jmaine: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2014
ahf:

I used Spectranet in Lagos a few days ago.. and it was very good . far better than my etisalat.

Smile is worth a try with the feedback from users, but their bundle prices are not attractive at all !

Interesting, am really interested in spectranet to meet my online gaming demands.

Please I did like to know the following:

1) What is the ping rate like.

2) Which area did you use their network.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by arsetalks(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
jmaine:

Interesting, am really interested in spectranet to meet my online gaming demands.

Please I did like to know the following:

1) What is the ping rate like.

2) Which area did you use their network.
Don't go on spectranet bro, they are a fraud. They claimed I use 8 gb in a day and thats just not possible. When I first bought the device, I was given 20 GB, which finished within 20 days which is quite understandable as I streamed a lot of football matches, after that I subscribed to 50 it finished within 26 days which I considered okay due to watching football matches online.

However, on the 10th of October 2014, I paid 14500 for another 50 GB and just 10 days later, it is finished. What has changed is that the number of devices using the connection has reduced by 4 devices.

The good thing is, I am not the only one complaining, others are bitterly complaining about same company.

https://www.nairaland.com/1864126/spectranet-fraud#27095371
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by arsetalks(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
ahf:

The bold is not true. You need to use them for 2 months before you know they are a fraud. I reportedly use 50 GB in 10 days.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jmaine: 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
arsetalks:
Don't go on spectranet bro, they are a fraud. They claimed I use 8 gb in a day and thats just not possible. When I first bought the device, I was given 20 GB, which finished within 20 days which is quite understandable as I streamed a lot of football matches, after that I subscribed to 50 it finished within 26 days which I considered okay due to watching football matches online.

However, on the 10th of October 2014, I paid 14500 for another 50 GB and just 10 days later, it is finished. What has changed is that the number of devices using the connection has reduced by 4 devices.

The good thing is, I am not the only one complaining, others are bitterly complaining about same company.

https://www.nairaland.com/1864126/spectranet-fraud#27095371

Wow !! this is just too sad . . . Thanks for the advice bruv, appears I will have to stick to my smile 4G then . . .
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by lexrichy(m): 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
Check out etisalat speed

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by arsetalks(m): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
jmaine:

Wow !! this is just too sad . . . Thanks for the advice bruv, appears I will have to stick to my smile 4G then . . .
How much does smile charge for 50 GB?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jmaine: 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
arsetalks:
How much does smile charge for 50 GB?

36K cheesy . .though with a 12 month validity
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
My neighbour who just got smile in pH confirmed speeds as fast as 18mbps, but says it averages are about 12. Speed wise, smile seems to be the best.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
Coldplay007:
Spectranet na wash.. do not buy Spectranet if you like yourself, there services is bad and customer service is horrible...
They will do anything for you to buy there modem but after that, they don't give a d@mn...
You are on point. I have to dump their router into the dustbin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Phone Are You Currently Using? / What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own / Airtel Free Mb HOT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.