Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? (7267 Views)

Toyota To Produce A Self-driving Car By 2020 / The Quest To Change From Toyota To Honda / Toyota To Replace Matrix With Corolla Hatchback? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by Friday18: 3:47am On Jul 08, 2014
I have a friend who wanted to get a car for himself.I told him to buy hyundai rather than overhyped toyota,and this is what he said to me.''guy dont even mention that,because toyota model of car the best in maintenance and fuel consumption".Now my question is,why is it that most of we Nigerians prefer toyota to hyundai or any brand of car.
Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Ur friend has given u d answer; why u still asking; he forgott to addj they re stronge; n more durable; so it is far better

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2014
Raymondenyi: Ur friend has given u d answer; why u still asking; he forgott to addj they re stronge; n more durable; so it is far better
you don carry am go jam rock or drop am from 35,000ft?

11 Likes

Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by kolaaderin: 10:22am On Jul 08, 2014
its all hyping. there is nothing absolutely different in Toyotas, it just that they are built sooo empty and simple with lesser modern electrical and mechanical technology that those retard Nigerian mechanics and rewire can play kindergarten with at the expense of Good innovative technology u can find in other cars when it comes to engine performance and gadgets. and mind u most cars this days have better fuel economy.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by Kashif(m): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
Toyotas are built to last much more than Hyundais. They are a little over-priced, yes, but you have much less failures. The price of 2007 Rav4 full option will get you a Kia Sorento 2011 fully loaded. But when the parts start falling off, and electricals malfunction, you will understand. A colleague drives a brand new ix35, and after four years, he has the phone number of most of Hyundai techs at Gbagada.

I have taken time to personally compare Toyota to many other brands that are 15 years or more. My finding is that they are more durable, compared to other Japs/Koreans. Older European cars (15 to 20 years hold together), but newer ones send their owners to the mechanic workshop more often. Compare engine, transmission, AC, body work/paint, finishing, etc. The 'brand new' in Nigeria are even worse!

Are Toyotas bland? Oh yes! But, I have seen more Bleep to Toyota switches by users than the other way. The resale value is also higher than any other brand. A friend has been trying to sell his Isuzu for months, and nobody has even priced it. angry

kolaaderin: its all hyping. there is nothing absolutely different in Toyotas, it just that they are built sooo empty and simple with lesser modern electrical and mechanical technology that those retard Nigerian mechanics and rewire can play kindergarten with at the expense of Good innovative technology u can find in other cars when it comes to engine performance and gadgets. and mind u most cars this days have better fuel economy.

Toyota does not use the very latest technological innovation, because it has not been tested and proven. They wait out the teething period, and that works for me too.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by misterrex: 9:05am On Jul 29, 2014
Hi guys

whats your take on a 07 yaris vs a 09 elantra?

would appreciate your sincere comments...
Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by misterrex: 9:07am On Jul 29, 2014
Hi guys

please your opinion on a 07 yaris vs a 09 elantra?

tnx
Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by baaliyah(m): 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
Open your own thread to get suggestions.
Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
Kashif: But when the parts start falling off, and electricals malfunction, you will understand. A colleague drives a brand new ix35, and after four years, he has the phone number of most of Hyundai techs at Gbagada.

It's the rubbish Hyundai's brought into the country by Indian dealers.
In north America, the Hyundai being sold here are excellent and after years of use, parts are still intact. The ix35 popularly called the Tucson in north america is one of the highest selling, if not the highest selling compact SUV in north america.

The Toyota's sold my elizade and co(popularly called bank model) in Nigeria are piece of junks. The parts start falling off within 2years and some just come with only one airbag.
Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 30, 2014
misterrex: Hi guys

whats your take on a 07 yaris vs a 09 elantra?

would appreciate your sincere comments...
can't talk too much

http://m.carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/Elantra/2009/

and

http://m.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Yaris/2007/

The 09 elantra was given "seal of awesome".
note: that's for American specs. for naija specs, na Oyo ooo.
Echo and accent are in the same class while corolla and elantra are in the same class.
Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by emmaenq: 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
Please i will really appreciate your candid advice, i have a budget of 300-400k to get a car, i saw one hyundai elentra 2000 and the person claims working perfect without any issue. But i want to be sure if it is a good car or not. please your candid advice on your take generally on hyundai cars and this particular brand. Thanks
Re: Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? by michealjames3969(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
toyota cars have taking the heart of nairalanders because of their strong ,long lasting engine and durability and available cheap spare part ,low feul compustion ;Dtoyota cars are taking the heart of nairaland because of their strong ,long lasting engine and durability and available cheap spare part ,low feul compustion

(1) (Reply)

5 Typical Reasons Why Your Car Starter Fails / Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road / 15 Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.