Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,940 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna (2769 Views)

Boko Haram Kingpin, John Trankil, Arrested In Maiduguri - Sahara Reporters / The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army..photos / UNIILORIN Staff Uses Bore-hole To Fill Water-dispenser Cans (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by santakris(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2014
Home of the alleged terrorist in Kaduna Sahara Reporters Media A senior military officer at Nigeria’s Defense Headquarters in Abuja has shown a correspondent of SaharaReporters how soldiers in Kaduna, the capital of Kaduna State, had to dig a tunnel to gain entry into the home of a Boko Haram kingpin. The military operation took place last Sunday, said the source, who took our correspondent to the location.

According to our military source, the Boko Haram operative died in an exchange of gunfire at his home located in the Kinkinau area of Kaduna town.

The military officer disclosed that the Islamist kingpin and a few lower level terrorists had fled Boko Haram’s violence-prone northeast to different locations before arriving in Kaduna where they resettled with their families.

According to our source, the Islamist henchman and his cohorts had virtually integrated themselves into their community in Kaduna and had adapted to the local setting. He stated that they had started gathering guns and explosives-manufacturing ingredients before security agents traced them to their location based on vital information revealed by Boko Haram militants under military detention. Hole dug into building to get the terrorists in Kaduna Sahara Reporters Media

The officer, who traveled with a correspondent of SaharaReporters from Abuja to the scene of last Sunday’s attack in Kaduna, added that Nigerian troops fighting Boko Haram deserved commendation instead of unjustifiable criticism.

“You can now see the sacrifice our troops are making for the preservation of Nigeria's sovereignty and territory. The terrorists were hiding here for months until our breakthrough,” he said, pointing to the abode of the former Islamist terrorist kingpin.

The officer added, “Our soldiers had to dig a hole to enter the house as you can see. The [Boko Harm] men gave our soldiers a tough time, but we triumphed over them.”

Rented apartment where alleged terrorists hid in Kaduna Sahara Reporters Media He declined to answer some of our correspondent’s questions, pleading that he did not want to jeopardize an ongoing investigation.

He told our correspondent, “I have brought you here from Abuja to see what we have done, because the men we killed here had their hands in several severe attacks carried out by [Boko Haram] in the northeast and other parts of the North. Just imagine what they would have done in Kaduna and surrounding areas if they were able to establish a footing here.”

The officer pointed out that the Nigerian Army was making greater use of intelligence gathering and deploying other innovative methods in its campaign to combat the attacks of Boko Haram insurgents.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/07/07/soldiers-dug-hole-enter-boko-haram-kingpin%E2%80%99s-home-kaduna-military-source

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by slap1(m): 8:57am On Jul 08, 2014
Big deal.
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by edoyad(m): 9:04am On Jul 08, 2014
I think you mean bore a hole
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by texazzpete(m): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2014
BWAHAHHAHAHA

Soldiers bored a hole in a wall and this man wants kudos? A simple wall breach that any garden variety SWAT team will pull off in less than a minute? Is it now an impressive feat in the 21st century to slap a shaped charge to a wall?

You just can't make this stuff up. Taxpayers - yes, the same taxpayers that these same soldiers harass, shoot, beat and derogatorily call 'bloody civilians' - pay their salaries to do their jobs. I wish these folks would just do their jobs...what else does he want, a cookie?

The Army just doesn't get it. Respect is earned. The Egyptian army is respected and beloved because they don't go round with horse whips, burning buses, killing innocents and brutalizing tax payers.

even thought I was gonna see a true underground tunnel they'd been working on for ages. Not this stuff.

11 Likes

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by OmoLisabi(m): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2014
texazzpete: BWAHAHHAHAHA

Soldiers bored a hole in a wall and this man wants kudos? A simple wall breach that any garden variety SWAT team will pull off in less than a minute? Is it now an impressive feat in the 21st century to slap a shaped charge to a wall?

You just can't make this stuff up. Taxpayers - yes, the same taxpayers that these same soldiers harass, shoot, beat and derogatorily call 'bloody civilians' - pay their salaries to do their jobs. I wish these folks would just do their jobs...what else does he want, a cookie?

The Army just doesn't get it. Respect is earned. The Egyptian army is respected and beloved because they don't go round with horse whips, burning buses, killing innocents and brutalizing tax payers.

even thought I was gonna see a true underground tunnel they'd been working on for ages. Not this stuff.
God bless you. This rag tag army is fast becoming a nuisance.

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by ZACHIE: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2014
If this operation is what the Army is proud of, then, shame on them

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by IdomaLikita: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Nigerians!!! grin
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by santakris(m): 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
ZACHIE: If this operation is what the Army is proud of, then, shame on them
. Gbam

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by condralbede(m): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
At least they tried.Good one Nigerian Army,Who say its easy, go and join them.
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by Smartsyn(m): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
the fence don't even have a wire guage or there about, and you digging a hole..

una for land with parachute.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by madamoringo(f): 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
Does Nigeria army even have a functioning Sapper division? These people make you just laugh! A small hole made by 2 hours of chiseling is now the object of big news? Shai! Even a small tiny charge of C4 will do better in 0.5 seconds! The army is a joke under this Ooafluck GE government!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by jafsumar07: 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
Honestly I was curiously expecting to see a kinda underground tunnel but was dumbfounded when I saw a hole bored in the wall.

Notwithstanding our disappointment, I can say a progress is called progress no matter how small. Let's give kudos to this guys, let's encourage them to do more and things will change gradually.

These men putting their lives on the line have families too and we all know they are given minimal resources to yield maximum result. God bless Nigeria Army!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by saintneo(m): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Very funny, I expected some tunnel like the type usually dug by Palestinians to visit Egypt.

Though, the Army did well to expose these SLEEPERS(undercover cell). The journalist should have just told the story without emphasising on the broken wall.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by falcon01: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
condralbede: At least they tried.Good one Nigerian Army,Who say its easy, go and join them.
if i eat a bowl of alphabet, i could shit out something smarter than that
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by falcon01: 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
A
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by kipesco(m): 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
Imagine the editor should cleared that they drill open the wall rather using dug.
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by Litmus: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
This is what i like about Nigerians always using their imagination. Nigerian army operatives have trained with the best special forces the wold has to offer. They know all that stuff that the ignorant see on TV whereby a bunch of soldiers, wearing camera helmets, walk on tip-toe, one behind the other, then stop and flattened against side of wall; shortly, the leader kicks door in and then all soldiers rush in, guns blazing. They know about Night operations using helicopters,which demands landing in yard at dead of night. However, the Nigerian army saw the situation for what it was and devised their own plan. Fantastic. If it was some other poxy African Nation they would have gone in exactly like the Americans wrote in textbooks, copying everything like a bunch of apes, never using own brain.

Keep it up Nigeria. Keep on using your own methods as well as what you have learned. One day the so called Superior western SO-foces will beat a path to Nigeria to learn some of our own method to add to theirs.

One thing about the West, they never sneer at anything -except as a psychological trick to demoralize you and stop you from devising your own methods which consequently might prevents you from spending money on their own methods.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by Ohjerry: 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
Great work.

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by skullz: 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
grin The title is grossly Misleading.
I really don't get this shi.t! He called journalist to come see a chiselled wall??

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by kokoA(m): 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
Litmus: This is what i like about Nigerians always using their imagination. Nigerian army operatives have trained with the best special forces the wold has to offer. They know all that stuff that the ignorant see on TV whereby a bunch of soldiers, wearing camera helmets, walk on tip-toe, one behind the other, then stop and flattened against side of wall; shortly, the leader kicks door in and then all soldiers rush in, guns blazing. They know about Night operations using helicopters,which demands landing in yard at dead of night. However, the Nigerian army saw the situation for what it was and devised their own plan. Fantastic. If it was some other poxy African Nation they would have gone in exactly like the Americans wrote in textbooks, copying everything like a bunch of apes, never using own brain.

Keep it up Nigeria. Keep on using your own methods as well as what you have learned. One day the so called Superior western SO-foces will beat a path to Nigeria to learn some of our own method to add to theirs.

One thing about the West, they never sneer at anything -except as a psychological trick to demoralize you and stop you from devising your own methods which consequently might prevents you from spending money on their own methods.
you have not made any sense.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by skullz: 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
Litmus: This is what i like about Nigerians always using their imagination. Nigerian army operatives have trained with the best special forces the wold has to offer. They know all that stuff that the ignorant see on TV whereby a bunch of soldiers, wearing camera helmets, walk on tip-toe, one behind the other, then stop and flattened against side of wall; shortly, the leader kicks door in and then all soldiers rush in, guns blazing. They know about Night operations using helicopters,which demands landing in yard at dead of night. However, the Nigerian army saw the situation for what it was and devised their own plan. Fantastic. If it was some other poxy African Nation they would have gone in exactly like the Americans wrote in textbooks, copying everything like a bunch of apes, never using own brain.

Keep it up Nigeria. Keep on using your own methods as well as what you have learned. [B]One day the so called Superior western SO-foces will beat a path to Nigeria to learn some of our own method to add to theirs.[/b]

Wow!! Tell me more.
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by EddyNumerouno(m): 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2014

I don't know how else it can be explained to u, kudos to the green boys for smashing the opposition...but this feat of breaking the wall, doesn't deserve any credit
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by BrosPeter: 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
I like this ingenuity of our gallant soldiers. This is what we expect of them.
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
Thought I would see a dug tunnel,am surprised seeing this hole,which a common sledge hammer would do conveniently...the military are trying too hard to impress the public..is breaking a wall now a rocket science?
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by Mutuwa(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
skullz: grin The title is grossly Misleading.
I really don't get this shi.t! He called journalist to come see a chiselled wall??

Thank u bros..very misleading indeed."Dig a hole" only to show a pic of a "hole on a wall"?
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by onegig(m): 6:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
madamoringo: Does Nigeria army even have a functioning Sapper division? These people make you just laugh! A small hole made by 2 hours of chiseling is now the object of big news? Shai! Even a small tiny charge of C4 will do better in 0.5 seconds! The army is a joke under this Ooafluck GE government!
i have drilled holes bigger than that with a size 12 bit propped HILTI machine just on a 3 month internship.

I am suprised this is worthy news to them.
Re: Soldiers Dug Hole To Enter Boko Haram Kingpin’s Home In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 09, 2014
na so armed robbers dey do home invasion

as others have said, nothing to see here

the fact that the house is not cordoned off makes the whole story stink of bs.

this just looks like a pic of an abandoned house some thief broke into

i mean - come on - there arent even vehicle tracks in front of the house, no bullet holes in the walls ,no blood, no signs of a struggle, firefight

no pictures of stacks of explosives or captured terrorists

the nigerian army has been fully johnathanised - all BS and no substance

(1) (Reply)

Five PDP Reps Defect To APC / Islamic State Reopens Luxury Hotel - Reports (PHOTO) / Why Sen. Gbenga Obadara Is Begging Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.