Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! (49571 Views)

Great News For Chinese Mandarin Learners On Nairaland! / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
justi4jesu:

Salut Loskinedu tu vas bien?
Merci. Je vais bien, et vous?
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
LoskiNedu:
Merci. Je vais bien, et vous?

Je regarde la television maintenant et toi?
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
justi4jesu:

Je regarde la television maintenant et toi?
Je lire un novel titled "Fist of God" de Frederick Forsyth
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by PenSniper: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2014
broadminded: Really would need help translating the word "mtchewwww" in French.

Check the Igbo dictionary of french language. its in there.
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by espritsaint(m): 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Salut !!!!! les mecs,dites donc ça faire un long temps que on n'est pas vus,est'ce tout va chez-vous .........BONSOIR À TOUS .Salut !!!!! les mecs,dites donc ça faire un long temps que on n'est pas vus,est'ce tout va chez-vous .........BONSOIR À TOUS .Salut !!!!! les mecs,dites donc ça faire un long temps que on n'est pas vus,est'ce tout va chez-vous .........BONSOIR À TOUS .
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Appelmoik(m): 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
coucou tout le monde
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
Decaler*
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 5:15am On Jul 25, 2014
bonjour a tous........................................................
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 25, 2014
Justi4jesu, na spanish i wan learn no be french grin grin grin
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 6:06am On Jul 27, 2014
Je suis en retard... I'm late.

être en retard: to be late

Je suis... I am

Tu es... you are

Il est... he is

Elle est... she is

Nous sommes... we are

Vous êtes... you are (plural or formal)

Ils sont... They are (m)

Elles sont... They are (f)

le retard... lateness

Related expressions:

Je suis pressé... I'm in a hurry.

The literal translation would be "I am squeezed (by time)"

Je n'ai pas le temps.

I don't have time.

J'ai... I have

Je n'ai pas... I don't have

le temps: time or weather

Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 6:07am On Jul 27, 2014
frankben: Justi4jesu, na spanish i wan learn no be french grin grin grin

Unfortunately me no sabi speak spanish na grin
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 6:09am On Jul 27, 2014
Il pleut des cordes.
It's raining ropes (hard).

Pleuvoir: to rain
Il pleut... it's raining.
La pluie... the rain

une corde... a rope
des cordes... some ropes or ropes

"Il pleut des cordes" is a French expression that means that it's raining so hard, it feels like it's raining "ropes of water".

Other similar expressions:

Il pleut très fort... It's raining very hard.

Une averse... a very big rain
C'est une averse. It's a (rain) shower.

Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 6:12am On Jul 27, 2014
Je fais les courses.
I'm grocery shopping.

les courses: the groceries

faire: to do

Je fais... I do
Tu fais... You do
Il/Elle fait... He/She does

Elle fait les courses. She's grocery shopping.

Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 6:13am On Jul 27, 2014
le bureau: the office

Je suis: I am

Je suis au bureau... I am at the office

au: at the

un bureau can also mean... a desk

Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 6:15am On Jul 27, 2014
[b]Santé! Cheers!

La santé: health

à ta santé! to your health

(this is the long version and what French people mean when they say "Santé!" when toasting)

A votre santé! To your health! (formal)

tchin-tchin! is another way French people say Cheers! when toasting.

Note that in France it is a tradition to always hit the other person's glass with your own glass. It is also recommended to look the person in the eye when toasting.

In the middle ages, poisoning was a common way to get rid of your enemies. To make sure the drinks were safe, people would hit each others' glass making sure some of the drink would overflow in the others' cup.

The expression tchin-tchin probably refers to the sound the cups or glasses would make when toasting.

Of course nowadays, you barely hit the other person's glass when toasting and the only risk of poisoning would be a steak tartare gone bad or some bad oysters.[/b]

Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 7:21am On Jul 27, 2014
Je lis le journal.
I read the newspaper.

le journal: the newspaper, the paper

Lire: to read

Je lis... I read
Tu lis... You read (singular)
Elle lit... She reads
Vous lisez... You read (plural or formal)

Je lis un livre.
I read a book.

J'aime lire.
I like to read.

Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by espritsaint(m): 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
waoooo you are too much ooooo sweetee,pls teach us more oooooo.waoooooo
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hello, any one home?
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
GozieDiora: Hello, any one home?

Oui
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by espritsaint(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
justi4jesu:

Oui
yes ooooooooo my guy ,where haave you been and where are the other members..
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 4:37am On Jul 30, 2014
espritsaint: yes ooooooooo my guy ,where haave you been and where are the other members..

Bonjoir monsieur
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Jeezy: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bonjour mes amis,

S'il vous plait, Est ce qu'il ya quelqun ici qui savent le mieux mode qui je peux ameliorer mon expression orale?
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
espritsaint:
yes ooooooooo my guy ,where haave you been and where are the other members..

Bro, how far? Work has taken all my time. Besides, I lost my followers and my interest dropped a bit. I tried to comment here in French on Sunday but got banned. Remember my issue with Nairaland always banning me when I try to respond in French?

Anyway, I'm happy to be here again. I hope to make new french pals.
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
espritsaint: yes ooooooooo my guy ,where haave you been and where are the other members..
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jeezy: Bonjour mes amis,

S'il vous plait, Est ce qu'il ya quelqun ici qui savent le mieux mode qui je peux ameliorer mon expression orale?

The only practical way of improving in your spoken french is via constant interaction. Make friends with someone that speaks the language (not necessarily an expert, maybe a learner like you) and make it a point of duty to be chatting exclusively in french with the person.

Bonne chance.
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by justi4jesu(f): 7:41am On Aug 02, 2014
Bonjour a Tous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prendre: to take

Je prends une photo
I take a picture

une photo: a picture
un selfie: a selfie

je prends ... I take

tu prends... you (singular)

il, elle, on prend... he, she, we

nous prenons... we

vous prenez... you

ils, elles prennent... they

Je prends le train.
I take the train.

Nous prenons l'avion pour Paris.
We take a plane to Paris.

Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2014
En francais s'll vous plait...On parle francais ici.... C'est le Paris ...ici. Merci!
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2014
Selon moi, Il faut voyager l'un pays qui parle francais pour ameliorer leur expression orale..
Jeezy: Bonjour mes amis,

Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:34am On Aug 02, 2014
En francais!
GozieDiora:

The only practical way of improving in your spoken french is via constant interaction. Make friends with someone that speaks the language (not necessarily an expert, maybe a learner like you) and make it a point of duty to be chatting exclusively in french with the person.

Bonne chance.
Re: French Speakers And French Learners On Nairaland!!!! by Les: 8:37am On Aug 02, 2014
justi4jesu:

Bonjoir monsieur
bonjor mademoiselle, comment va nuit? embarassed I registered in that website, jefrench.kom, can I save those videos, watching it online will consume my data, 9ja things. So can I save the videos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin / Oba Saheed Elegushi Marries Hadiza Tanko As Second Wife (photos) / Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.