Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620414 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stevedoyin(m): 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
stevenakp:
if your answers to the questions are inline with their values and you were able to analyze your code well.

brace up and get ready for bootcamp.

I'm not sure if they take more than 50.

I'm an aspiring fellow (currently in bootcamp).
2nd attempt though and second bootcamp
cycle 29 and 31

"Steve" there is something about this name... Lol

I'm plugging in to that anointing!

Thanks for the information, that was all the interview was all about
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stevenakp(m): 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
derah213:

U have passion bros. My feedback was little passion for having nothing to show for 6 months. "if after becoming a fellow and u don't get paid for some reason, u should keep writing code". It should be the food you eat. �

I had a similar experience in my last interview. they even had to check my github account.
I don't have any project there it was just repos of toturials I was following.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by derah213(m): 6:36am On Apr 27, 2018
stevenakp:

I had a similar experience in my last interview. they even had to check my github account.
I don't have any project there it was just repos of toturials I was following.

Lol.. Thank goodness I didn't mention github.. Lol..
Well, I'm hoping for the best. Good luck with the bootcamp tho. I hope you do better this time.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nasalino: 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
I had my interview today. It was more of a chat than technical stuffs. What I’ll advice anyone going for the interview at andela is besides understanding your code, you should read up and understand andelas EPIC values in the curriculum, it would help.

I hope we all make it through.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by zanga420: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
benfluleck:

It's up to you smiley I can answer stuff you need clarity on but remember there are others here as well who want to learn as much as you so I would very much enjoy giving my input from here. As learning is good as a shared experience with different people contributing ideas I am constantly learning as well. At the moment I'm a tad to busy for a mentorship program as I am too occupied atm because I am a person that likes to give mentees my best with no distractions from my end. But do beware there are some things I will not talk about on a mail so please organise your questions appropriately.

Hi bro, how much do andela pay new intakes in the leadership technical program.
Do they provide accommodation to people not residing in Lagos but coming over for the program. Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2018
zanga420:

Hi bro, how much do andela pay new intakes in the leadership technical program.
Do they provide accommodation to people not residing in Lagos but coming over for the program. Thanks

I can't tell you this, unfortunately, however, they d provide accommodation for anyone that applies no matter where they live. Newly hired developers are given preference.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Teletexter: 8:01am On Apr 28, 2018
@benfluleck, Please the Macbook Pros given to new fellows, are they the ones with Apple's new problematic Butterfly keyboards? (see this article).

If yes, can one request for a different machine, you know like a Lenovo Thinkpad?

If no, do Andelans get replacements/support if something goes wrong with the MBP within the warranty period?

Thanks.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 8:40am On Apr 28, 2018
Teletexter:
@benfluleck, Please the Macbook Pros given to new fellows, are they the ones with Apple's new problematic Butterfly keyboards? (see this article).

If yes, can one request for a different machine, you know like a Lenovo Thinkpad?

If no, do Andelans get replacements/support if something goes wrong with the MBP within the warranty period?

Thanks.

I dunno about this article, we all use Mac Book Pros as it just looks more professional I am yet to meet someone in the organisation that has had this problem (maybe this was a problem with the older versions). If your laptop develops a fault we have an IT department that can fix it and give you a replacement, if it is going to take longer. Your laptop is insured from the start so any damage is by Andela.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Teletexter: 9:09am On Apr 28, 2018
benfluleck:

I dunno about this article, we all use Mac Book Pros as it just looks more professional I am yet to meet someone in the organisation that has had this problem (maybe this was a problem with the older versions). If your laptop develops a fault we have an IT department that can fix it and give you a replacement, if it is going to take longer. Your laptop is insured from the start so any damage is by Andela.

Oh, nice to hear.

Since we are on the issue of Laptops already here, a few (I promise) more Qs:

1. While at EPIC Tower on Thursday, I noticed, on the 3rd floor where (I guess) most fellows were situated, that some had external monitors. Monitors mounted in such a way that they could be rotated along the Y-axis (on an X-Y plane).

Can just about any fellow ask for that setup, or does it come as one progresses up the "ladder"?

2. Almost every fellow I caught a glimpse of was living the "dongle life" that accompanies the new MBP thanks to it's absurd lack of legacy ports. Andela provides that dongle, yes?

3. Finally, that locker that in front that houses biscuits, Minimie chin chin and Hollandia milk ... anyone (any fellow, that is) can go there and take, ba? Abi is there a limited daily quota?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stevenakp(m): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Teletexter: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2018
stevenakp:
cheesy

Bootcamp don finish? Are you finally a fellow?! shocked
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stevenakp(m): 10:42am On Apr 28, 2018
Teletexter:

Bootcamp don finish? Are you finally a fellow?! shocked

I'm in cycle 31, our bootcamp is starting on monday
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Teletexter: 10:54am On Apr 28, 2018
stevenakp:

I'm in cycle 31, our bootcamp is starting on monday

Oh. Alright.

About the bootcamp, is it true that you folks were given tasks to complete beforehand?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by zanga420: 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
Please don't misunderstand this question, are there firms running similar this pattern of programme to andelas?
@benfluleck
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stevenakp(m): 8:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
Teletexter:

Oh. Alright.

About the bootcamp, is it true that you folks were given tasks to complete beforehand?

yea, we started last week monday
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Primusinterpares(m): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2018
good evening house...

am a fresh applicant...

I just have very little idea on coding...

I was sent a link to complete an online home group study

pls any advice from experienced fellows will be appreciated...thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
Teletexter:

Oh, nice to hear.

Since we are on the issue of Laptops already here, a few (I promise) more Qs:

1. While at EPIC Tower on Thursday, I noticed, on the 3rd floor where (I guess) most fellows were situated, that some had external monitors. Monitors mounted in such a way that they could be rotated along the Y-axis (on an X-Y plane).

Can just about any fellow ask for that setup, or does it come as one progresses up the "ladder"?

2. Almost every fellow I caught a glimpse of was living the "dongle life" that accompanies the new MBP thanks to it's absurd lack of legacy ports. Andela provides that dongle, yes?

3. Finally, that locker that in front that houses biscuits, Minimie chin chin and Hollandia milk ... anyone (any fellow, that is) can go there and take, ba? Abi is there a limited daily quota?

Thanks.

1. You get a monitor when you are working with a partner

2. Dongles are provided for all

3. Refreshments are brought twice a day
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
zanga420:
Please don't misunderstand this question, are there firms running similar this pattern of programme to andelas?
@benfluleck

I dunno what this question is about ^
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by zanga420: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2018
benfluleck:

I dunno what this question is about ^

I mean are there other companies that train developers in the same pattern as andela?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
zanga420:

I mean are there other companies that train developers in the same pattern as andela?

I think there are, I'm not sure but that is to do with a good product when there is something that is great you have to have competition. This means the product becomes even better.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by henryisong: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2018
Hi guys, has anyone gotten feedback yet from the interview
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nengiscrib: 1:03pm On May 01, 2018
Nope not yet
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by henryisong: 10:22am On May 02, 2018
issaRukayat:
Hello beautiful ladies, stop grumbling about sagged breast, the era of complaining is over, own up your confidence, wear that spaghetti dress u love. Buy our latex breast lifter. 10pieces,5pair for just 2,500 Instagram @rukyscornershop watsapp 08136250561 #loveyou #lookamazing
You dont place advert for pension fund managers on disney junior channel, next time pls, find the right audience for you.. 90 percent of the people here are guys..

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Janewrites(f): 10:41am On May 02, 2018
I'm among the 10% female who won't stop till she knows how to code. I need all the help I can get guys. I struggled through the Homestudy in cycle 33. Already applied for cycle 34. I really need this. If you have any material that can help me understand better, I will appreciate.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by henryisong: 10:52am On May 02, 2018
Janewrites:
I'm among the 10% female who won't stop till she knows how to code. I need all the help I can get guys. I struggled through the Homestudy in cycle 33. Already applied for cycle 34. I really need this. If you have any material that can help me understand better, I will appreciate.
Erm, i think the homestudy curriculum has everything you need, but if u hit a block during your homestudy test, pls share your code here alongside your errors, am sure you will get the help you need..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 11:17am On May 02, 2018
Janewrites:

Andela has about 28% of female developers so we welcome more as long as they are ready to work smiley

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stevedoyin(m): 12:55pm On May 02, 2018
Janewrites:

You can also use video lectures ([url]udemy.com[/url] youtube and so on), they can speed up your learning time.
I knew virtually nothing 2 months back u know. You can also get these videos for free using torrents. Do your
own bootcamps when there is time.

hope the info helps... You need crazy passion to follow these videos to the end tho wink
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by PHENOMCHICKSON: 3:52pm On May 02, 2018
I am done with my google multiple choice questions. my technical test now remains.
Pls, I need ideas from the experienced (the ones that have already passed through the andela test stages) the type of questions to be expecting. If possible share for me to have a clue. Thanks!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by PHENOMCHICKSON: 4:01pm On May 02, 2018
Danielbuyner:
Just finished my assessment

I am done with my google multiple choice questions. my technical test now remains.
Pls, I need ideas from the experienced (the ones that have already passed through the andela test stages) the type of questions to be expecting. If possible share for me to have a clue. Thanks!

Help a brother!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tonituler: 4:03pm On May 02, 2018
Vacancy!Vacancy!!Vacancy!!!

An online publishing firm in Abuja is need of the following position

1. Creative video editor/Animator
Applicant must be proficient in the following tools :
Adode Premeire
Adobe Aftereffect
Final Cut Pro X
Adobe Audition

Additional skills requires are:
Cartoon drawing
Animation
3D designs and animations

2. Journalist / Writer
Applicant must have at least 2 years expereince in the following:

Blogging
Content Management
Traditional Media
Social Media marketing

Interested applicant should submit his/her to the below email on or before 28th of April, 2018

alexben2200@gmail.com

APPLICANT MUST RESIDES IN ABUJA
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Janewrites(f): 4:58pm On May 02, 2018
stevedoyin:

You can also use video lectures ([url]udemy.com[/url] youtube and so on), they can speed up your learning time.
I knew virtually nothing 2 months back u know. You can also get these videos for free using torrents. Do your
own bootcamps when there is time.

hope the info helps... You need crazy passion to follow these videos to the end tho wink

Thank you so much! Youtube is helping me a lot. I will check out Udemy.com. About passion, I find the experience very exciting and you don't want to see the joy in my heart when I was able to reverse a string .

I appreciate your help

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.