Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,564 members, 7,770,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:56 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (616017 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
DonPikko:
sorry to ask, is there any sense in constantly reapplying after failing consecutively?
IThe only way it won't make sense is if you don't work on improving yourself. The good news is that you're improving yourself for your own benefit as a programmer. Reapplying is a way of challenging yourself
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
DonPikko:
sorry to ask, is there any sense in constantly reapplying after failing consecutively?

Yes it's called not giving up. I'm not someone like that but I don't have a problem with those that do it. Life is not about your policies and views all the time. What is senseless to someone might be sensible to another as long as you know how to make it work for you. Different strokes for different folks. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
shimmer1:

Ah. Ok. So you are at what level now, boot camp?
Yeah boot camp
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
eph12:

Yeah boot camp
Wow ok. Good luck.i pray you get in.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
eph12:

IThe only way it won't make sense is if you don't work on improving yourself. The good news is that you're improving yourself for your own benefit as a programmer. Reapplying is a way of challenging yourself
alright yeah, i just feel giving other coys a shot won't be bad, to be sincere with ourselves, it's not everyone that'll make it into andela, ain't pessimistic here, just being sincere
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by elvisco44: 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
shimmer1:

I haven't received it, well I guess the result is different for me.

It’s well dear.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by elvisco44: 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
eph12:

Not all o. Some have just one answers while others have more than one. You just have to be very careful. Turn google upside down, until you are satisfied with an answer before moving on.

Personally, I prefer the ones where we have to write programs than these multiple questions. At least one will know if he has gotten the answer or not before moving on. Just do your research very well before selecting your final answer. There's either just one answer or the most correct unless you are allowed to select more than one answer

Lot of sense in dis..
Little things sometimes matter.
One step at a time cool

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
elvisco44:

It’s well dear.

Thankssss.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 10:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
DonPikko:
alright yeah, i just feel giving other coys a shot won't be bad, to be sincere with ourselves, it's not everyone that'll make it into andela, ain't pessimistic here, just being sincere
Yeah you're right. You can choose not to wait for Andela and focus your attention on other places. But any way you choose, only you know the reason for making that decision. It's all good

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
shimmer1:

Wow ok. Good luck.i pray you get in.
Amen
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 2:33am On Jul 05, 2018
DonPikko:

One the interviewers asked me the what-if-you-don't-get-selected question I told him that its what makes the struggle beautiful and that I'd rather try other places whilst working on being better at my technical and soft skills than sulking while adding that no one wouldn't love to work at Andela, he had one small smirk on his face a feedback i interpreted as nailing the question.

At the end of the day we all want to be world class software developers - that's my WHY for all this late nights of coding gymnastics - and there are ways of getting there apart from Andela but then Andela's beginner-friendly approach is awesome but that still doesn't change our respective WHYs.

Looking forward to the bootcamp experience.

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ttyman: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hi peeps
please I need your feedback on this. thanks in anticipation.

In preparating for the home study Test, I see on the site that Javascript is for a Nigerians and python is for Kenyans, but the home study material sent to me has lots of python as well as Javascript. Please those with experience, is python a part of the Technical Test Questions?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Aprilhampleton: 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
I just a mail from Andela for my test link on qualified.io any update.

Cc shimmer1
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by soj95: 12:58am On Jul 06, 2018
Aprilhampleton:

Cc shimmer1

I also received the same mail ... I guess I'll have to figure it out at sunrise .. the page seems large for a mobile device. ..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Aprilhampleton: 8:17am On Jul 06, 2018
soj95:

I also received the same mail ... I guess I'll have to figure it out at sunrise .. the page seems large for a mobile device. ..

Laptop should be better
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by soj95: 8:30am On Jul 06, 2018
Aprilhampleton:

Laptop should be better
yeah
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Femitj: 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
eph12:

Amen

pls eph12 , in the homeStudy materials... Under TDD, i cant seem to see the videos? eg: https://vimeo.com/222841047
Are they not important ?
And Can you give me your contact, I've some questions pls
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
Femitj:

pls eph12 , in the homeStudy materials... Under TDD, i cant seem to see the videos? eg: https://vimeo.com/222841047
Are they not important ?
And Can you give me your contact, I've some questions pls
You can google TDD, you'll see enough materials online. TDD is very important in software development.

Whatsapp only 07033771198
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tipwill(m): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
ttyman:
Hi peeps
please I need your feedback on this. thanks in anticipation.

In preparating for the home study Test, I see on the site that Javascript is for a Nigerians and python is for Kenyans, but the home study material sent to me has lots of python as well as Javascript. Please those with experience, is python a part of the Technical Test Questions?

Yeah. Python is part of the technical test. The important thing is that whenever you are asked to write any code, you should write it in javascript. Also, bootcamp projects are in javascript.
In fact, it seems there are more python questions than javascript questions in the multiple choice tests.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
tipwill:

Yeah. Python is part of the technical test. The important thing is that whenever you are asked to write any code, you should write it in javascript. Also, bootcamp projects are in javascript.
In fact, it seems there are more python questions than javascript questions in the multiple choice tests.

But some write all their technical codes with python? How come? Is it a must?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
Aprilhampleton:

Cc shimmer1

That's great. No update still.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tipwill(m): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
shimmer1:

But some write all their technical codes with python? How come? Is it a must?
The instruction that comes with the link to the assessment (second) says you must write in javascript.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
shimmer1:

Yes it's called not giving up. I'm not someone like that but I don't have a problem with those that do it. Life is not about your policies and views all the time. What is senseless to someone might be sensible to another as long as you know how to make it work for you. Different strokes for different folks. smiley
Asa would be so impressed cool
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
@Bahddo
Got an email to build out a fullstack app already within two weeks. I use to think this would happen during the bootcamp.
What then are we to expect when the Bootcamp starts proper?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2018
guente02:
@Bahddo
Got an email to build out a fullstack app already within two weeks. I use to think this would happen during the bootcamp.
with which stack?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
Does anyone here have experience with Bincom ICT ??
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
DonPikko:
with which stack?
Backend: Node.js & Express
Front End - HTML CSS JS (They said no framework should be used).

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
guente02:

Backend: Node.js & Express
Front End - HTML CSS JS (They said no framework should be used).
wow, no FE framework, which DB are you using
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
guente02:
@Bahddo

Isn't it just challenge 1 and 2 before bootcamp?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
benfluleck:

Isn't it just challenge 1 and 2 before bootcamp?
Yeah?
What about challenge 3 and 4? I wonder what its going to be, my guess would be implementing react and redux or something.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2018
DonPikko:
wow, no FE framework, which DB are you using
Mongo with Mongoose ODM
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Funkypunky: 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2018
tipwill:

Hello bro!

Please did you apply for the 36 program? Wondering if you could send me the home study test question as i haven't received mine yet -- got a mail from andela that i will receive mine on 20th July
On ryanucheka@gmail.com or whatsapp 09030467496..Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.