Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (622136 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2018
DonPikko:
are you using chrome?
Yes. Tried other browsers also
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Savyy(f): 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
DonPikko:
are you using chrome?
yes, i am.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by olusola11: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
Please what's the duration of the Andela home study assessment test?

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Thevenine(m): 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hi house, is it ok to use other css frameworks besides bootstrap and materialize for the bootcamp project?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
Thevenine:
Hi house, is it ok to use other css frameworks besides bootstrap and materialize for the bootcamp project?

No frameworks allowed
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2018
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed, no framework for js too?
benfluleck:

No frameworks allowed
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 11:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
I look at the piece of feedback i got from my LFA and I'm like this is going to be intense.

Part of what I've learnt so far is that whatever challenge they throw at me, I must do my best and come through big time - growth mindset on fleek. No JS framework? No problem. No bootstrap, foundation, bulma, skeleton? No Problem.
I sha have fetch api and querySelector them. I will be good.

If you haven't been to the bootcamp brother....Get your mind prepared. The challenges aren't waves. It's a Tsunami.

✌️

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Funkypunky: 1:06am On Jul 25, 2018
Hope CSS Grid is allowed....or they want make we hard code everything?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 1:18am On Jul 25, 2018
Funkypunky:
Hope CSS Grid is allowed....or they want make we hard code everything?
It's allowed na. We're to use anything that is not abstracted.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Vicotu2009: 6:54am On Jul 25, 2018
shimmer1:

Yes, saberr test came on July 20, the homestudy came on July 21.
Hi, how was the homestudy test, I couldn't access my online material. How is the question in general, can I start and continue at a later time, and how many questions? Thanks. Please reply asap.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Savyy(f): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2018
Pls someone should help ooo. How do I assess my home study curriculum? keeps saying I should open with JavaScript cry
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
How is the bootcamp like, where does it hold and what exactly happens there?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
gracechellar:
How is the bootcamp like, where does it hold and what exactly happens there?
It's intense, tough for one that has never used those technologies before. You are not allowed to sleep, eating is an after thought, with plenty of browser pages opened to solve one blocker.

You must meet up with tasks or you're out
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
eph12:

It's intense, tough for one that has never used those technologies before. You are not allowed to sleep, eating is an after thought, with plenty of browser pages opened to solve one blocker.

You must meet up with tasks or you're out
Sounds really interesting. I mean do they provide accommodation, is it located in Lagos?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2018
gracechellar:

Sounds really interesting. I mean do they provide accommodation, is it located in Lagos?
Nope
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
eph12:

Nope
No for which of d questions?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2018
gracechellar:

No for which of d questions?
It's in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Farkars: 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
Part of what I want to clarify is this.. For people like me who does not have a background skill in computer science/programming. If qualified for the interview or the bootcamp. Do you guys really think I can top guys with Madass IT skills. Am quite doubtful and sad in btw
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
Farkars:
Part of what I want to clarify is this.. For people like me who does not have a background skill in computer science/programming. If qualified for the interview or the bootcamp. Do you guys really think I can top guys with Madass IT skills. Am quite doubtful and sad in btw
you don't have to be sad, you only need to take time to study the stacks, study principles and practice hard.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
guente02:
After sharing my thought process for the technical challenge that comes with the interview, I was asked a few couple questions like

- Let's meet you
- Tell us about ANDELA.- it's on their about page
- What does FEEDBACK mean to you? Have you gotten one before? How did you go about it? - Better have something to say and make sure it makes sense. Shared an experience in school with my supervisor.
- How would you feel if you don't get to the next phase? The answer is a no-brainer
- What have you learnt RECENTLY from your stack and have you implemented it? (better have something to say) mine was the FETCH API.
- Any questions for us? I asked them what a typical day of an andelan is like and how soon are we going to hear back from them.

Code defence was about 7mins.
The main interview was like 15 mins.

Hope this helps.

Which one is code defence
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2018

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
Vicotu2009:

Hi, how was the homestudy test, I couldn't access my online material. How is the question in general, can I start and continue at a later time, and how many questions? Thanks. Please reply asap.
I don't know how many but I'm sure it's more than 20.
It's a Google form question, so it all depends on you. From my experience,its better to take the test early, if possible that very day and again, read the home study material well, Google too can also help since it is not timed. You might Google the questions and still not know the correct answers, that's why reading the home study is good. Its online, search for it.

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello guys, I need a quick reply. My friend has her interview tomorrow and she was going through nairaland Andela interview questions.
She saw ''what have you recently learnt from your stack and have you implemented it''

Please what does this mean? Is it the whole home study or JavaScript? Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
shimmer1:
Hello guys, I need a quick reply. My friend has her interview tomorrow and she was going through nairaland Andela interview questions.
She saw ''what have you recently learnt from your stack and have you implemented it''

Please what does this mean? Is it the whole home study or JavaScript? Thanks a lot.
JavaScript

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 1:52am On Jul 26, 2018
Fgh

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 1:57am On Jul 26, 2018
Gjud undecided

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 2:00am On Jul 26, 2018
Chif

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 2:02am On Jul 26, 2018
Vjbf

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 2:03am On Jul 26, 2018
Ok lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 2:04am On Jul 26, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 2:10am On Jul 26, 2018
Vgh

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 2:15am On Jul 26, 2018
lipsrsealed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.