Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student (895 Views)

If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns / Pathetic: 16yrs Old Girl Impregnanted By Her Own Father / RCCG Pastor Shot, Butchered In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student by NewsINigeria(m): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-14hYBRmOdbk/U7zzoux32AI/AAAAAAABCr0/vNpQEhP3dQ8/s280/ARRESTED+boy+kills+father.jpg[/img]
Redeemer University Student
The 21-year-old Redeemer’s University undergraduate, Tolani, who killed his father, Charles Ajayi, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, last Thursday, has said his late father provoked him into killing him. Expatiating on how his father allegedly provoked him, the young man said there was an argument between him and his dad.
He said, “My father went to the kitchen and got a stick (wooden spoon) which he used on me repeatedly and I tried to defend myself. Then, he bit me on the shoulder and I got angry.
“I initially used a normal small kitchen knife. Later, I used cutlass to attack him. I regret the action.”

Tolani murdered his father at Canaanland Street in the Redemption Camp along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The 300-level student of Department of History and International Relations, spoke with Punc on Tuesday at the Ogun State Police Command Headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta , where he was being detained.

Tolani, who the vice chancellor of RUN said was facing a disciplinary committee in school before he committed the crime, was initially reluctant to open up on what really happened.

He later disclosed that during the incident, only he and his dad were at home, while his mother was in Abuja.

Asked whether his parents lived together as husband and wife, Tolani said, “We lived in Abuja; I schooled in the camp (Redemption Camp). My father came for a programme. My school was on break, so, I went to meet him. We were meant to go back to Abuja together, then the incident happened and here I am.”

Tolani, who said he had offended his mother by his action, added that he had sent some people to beg her on his behalf for forgiveness.

He said, “I know my mother is still grieving and I want to give her time. But I have sent some people to talk to her that I am sorry, and that she should forgive me. I have talked to my sister.”

Asked if he was under the influence of drugs when he committed the crime, Tolani confessed that he had been into drugs, saying “I tried those drugs myself. I might have heard it from my friends, but I tried it myself.

“But I know there is no way Nigerians can help me. I am going to face my judgement. I am meant to pay for what I have done. It is not as if I am ready, it is something that is inevitable, something that is going to happen, I am just waiting for it.”

Beyonce’s father hit with second paternity suit by lingerie model >>>>> http://www..com/beyonces-father-hit-with-second-paternity-suit/
Re: Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student by McWhillion(m): 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
God, Tolani why?... I knew you to be a very gentle and lovely kid from a good home.
I still find it unbelievable.
Re: Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
McWhillion: God, Tolani why?... I knew you to be a very gentle and lovely kid from a good home.
I still find it unbelievable.
Who is the guy?
Re: Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student by McWhillion(m): 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nobleval: Who is the guy?
We attended the same primary school and stayed in the same neighborhood while growing up. Bro, its really sad, this guy is gentle and respectful, I guess he must have been really frustrated.
my momcy don cry tire...
Re: Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student by b3llo(m): 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
May soul of the departed rest in peace. Look at what anger have done!
Re: Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student by CVWizards(m): 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
He doesn't look like somebody who's ok upstairs.
Re: Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
McWhillion:
We attended the same primary school and stayed in the same neighborhood while growing up. Bro, its really sad, this guy is gentle and respectful, I guess he must have been really frustrated.
my momcy don cry tire...
so sad.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Innovator Is One Of Top 10 Finalists In IPA / Katsina Governor Marries Late Yar’adua’s First Daughter / Stephen Davis Reveal More Shocking Truth About Boko Haram Sponsor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.