Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Nutritional Facts About Watermelon - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nutritional Facts About Watermelon (27109 Views)

Nutritional Facts And Health Benefits Of Green Bananas / Chew That Watermelon Seed. / 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by vislabraye(m): 10:30am On Jul 12, 2014
expert101: Watermelons are sex enhancers. Take it 2 hours before you engage in any sexual activity. Your cylinders will fire well.
. I've heard something like this before. May be I go try am.
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by vislabraye(m): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2014
tolu007: I always go 4rounds non stop, each tym i took water mellon b4 sex...chai! it works wella, it works pass alomo, ogidigba and d rest which are harmful to d body, try it and thank me later
. Wonderful !!
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by zurine(f): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2014
wow, I never knew, I just love it
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2014
Only red ripe oneS attracts m̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥, but. †ђξ
Fairly pink ones are M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊
Enemies they no dey sweet at all

1 Like

Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Elose11(m): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2014
edwife: A very good sex enhancer.

Just chill it and make sure you drink the juice,you are good to go! cheesy
Na wah for you! Sex enhancer? Oh girl, you too much! Na your 'husband' secret be that?
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by vislabraye(m): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2014
newacca:
Try carrot, you will thank me. smiley
. Noted !!
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Choicy: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2014
DONOCSO: I declare 2014 the year of water melon!
Funny you!
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by bukatyne(f): 10:47am On Jul 12, 2014
Extralarger: Scientifically proven to be among the best foods, I love WATERMELON a lot, though CUCUMBER works for me too, those creatures are perfect in my sight!

Lol! @ those creatures are perfect in my sight grin
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Nicepoker(m): 10:51am On Jul 12, 2014
I don't like them. Smells like 5hit.
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by edwife(f): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2014
Elose11:
Na wah for you! Sex enhancer? Oh girl, you too much! Na your 'husband' secret be that?

My dear,anything to keep the fire burning! wink wink cool

There are a lot of natural things you can try to have a healthy,exciting and fulfilling sex life. cool cool lipsrsealed
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by calobinna(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2014

plus weed omo na robot person go become!

1 Like

Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by DEllaluv(f): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2014
Nyc 1 its sure fights hrtburn
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by myspnigeria: 11:20am On Jul 12, 2014
I agree with you. Facts only
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by fujirice: 11:22am On Jul 12, 2014
reedbam: Too many seeds, so annoying angry
Omo! I munch the seeds as well, no time!
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by sage2(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2014
Walphem: My wife is an extreme lover of Watermelons and she "initiated" me into it also and I must tell you, so good plus the fact that it encourages the production of NO- Nitric Oxide, I will recommend it for guys alot

At least you remember her for that.
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2014
But the aspect where the OP said the seeds can be roasted is what i don't understand
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Bblaq17(f): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
Is it true that watermelon burns fat @ op
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Malthusian88(m): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
montecarlo: Water melon. Oh water melon. Covered with a big round hard green edible 'shell'. A good recipe in a hot afternoon.
What is the botanical name of water melon?
Citrullus lunatus.
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by olexy4real(m): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
Best fruit ever. Can take a million of it
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Adenugay(m): 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
Good to know about this

Burna Boy dismisses his mother as his manager on Twitter >>> http://www..com/burna-boy-dismisses-his-mother-as-his-manager/
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Aventures(m): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by darne(m): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
Am always ready for water melon, anytime ! wink
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by haizeek(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2014

i dont believe this,do u mind proving it to me?, errm,we chill it,and drink the juice together and see what happens after, what do u think?
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Caleycash(m): 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Health Aspects of Watermelon
Other than the vitamins and minerals, the most important health benefit of watermelon is that it contains carotenoids, which have antioxidant properties. Lycopene, which gives red color to the flesh, forms a major chunk of the carotenoids in this fruit. 100 grams of the fruit contains 4.5 mg of lycopene, which is helpful in reducing the risk of many types of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Watermelons contain an amino acid called citrulline, which is used by the human body to produce another amino acid known as arginine. Arginine helps remove ammonia from the body and produces nitric oxide, which is helpful in lowering high blood pressure and in preventing erectile dysfunction. The nutrients in watermelon help in fighting and preventing many diseases. Watermelons are associated with various health benefits, some of which are given below:
*.Watermelons contain vitamin B, which is helpful in producing instant energy in the body.
*.Beta carotene contained in watermelons, helps to boost the immune system and also in fighting age-related blindness.
*.Watermelons are rich in water and so are helpful in preventing dehydration. The low-calorie content of this fruit, makes it a best choice for diet-conscious people.
*.Potassium helps in lowering high blood pressure and fights kidney stone formation. This mineral is also said to be good for preventing conditions, like stroke and heart problems.
*.It helps in reducing symptoms of asthma, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
*.Being rich in antioxidants, watermelon is said to be good for fighting the action of free radicals in the body. This reduces the risk of various types of cancer and heart diseases.
*.Watermelon has diuretic and cleansing properties that makes it beneficial for those with certain kidney and bladder diseases.
*.This fruit is also used for skin care, as topical application of its juice is found to reduce skin blemishes. Watermelons are also used in various cosmetics like, lipsticks and shower gels.
*.It is also used as a remedy for constipation and is believed to be helpful for cleansing the toxic wastes in the body.

In general, most of the fruits are beneficial for the human body; particularly watermelon, as it is fat-free, low in calories and is also a rich source of nutrients. Unlike other fruits, the ratio of nutrients per calorie is higher in watermelon. However, excess intake of watermelon may cause certain health problems in some people. Regular intake of this fruit in large amounts may cause hyperkalemia (high potassium levels in blood) in some cases. This is mostly seen in those with kidney diseases.

Watermelon and Diabetics
Those with diabetes have to be cautious about the food they consume, as their blood glucose levels may raise with intake of certain foods. So, diabetics are advised to stay off such foods, which have high glycemic (or glycaemic) index. Intake of foods with higher glycemic index can raise the blood glucose levels very fast. Watermelon with a high glycemic index also comes in this list. However, according to latest researches, this fruit is beneficial for diabetics, if used in MODERATION. This is because of the low glycemic load of this fruit. Glycemic load is a newer concept that takes into consideration, the carbohydrate level of the food as well as the serving size, along with the glycemic index (for calculating the effect of that particular food on the blood glucose levels). As per this new concept, watermelon has low glycemic load. This is because of the high water content and low carbohydrate level of this fruit, per serving. So, now it is said that watermelons can be consumed by diabetics, in small amounts. It takes large amounts of the fruit to affect the blood glucose levels. However, it is advisable to monitor the blood glucose level, after consumption of watermelon. Above all, consult your doctor before introducing this fruit in your diet.
While buying watermelons, select the ones with smooth skin, which is dark green. Go for the ones, which are heavy and with a white or yellow patch as a sign of ripening. The seeds should be dark black and the flesh should be dark pink or red. You can hear a hollow sound, while thumping a ripe watermelon. Now that you are equipped with some useful tips to buy watermelons, I am sure, you will be able to pick some of the good, ripe ones and enjoy the summer in a healthy way.
I hate watermelon with passion!!!..... I luv pineapple
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
glitest:

Me too....Gosh!...Mehn the juiciness; It tastes so good when eaten chilled on a hot day.

Oh my God!!!

You're back!

Dancing!!!

Ok yeah, let me admit it.....*screaming*....I missed you!

I just loved teasing you. I don't know...maybe something just really wasn't right about you, embarassed and i was determined to find out exactly what that is. But then you just vanished.
shocked

What is it with you that i find interesting Sincerely i don't know.

Erm......let me stop blabbing now.
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
Akinmail:

Oh my God!!!

You're back!

Dancing!!!

Ok yeah, let me admit it.....*screaming*....I missed you!

I just loved teasing you. I don't know...maybe something just really wasn't right about you, embarassed and i was determined to find out exactly what that is. But then you just vanished.
shocked

What is it with you that i find interesting Sincerely i don't know.

Erm......let me stop blabbing now.

Huh?.

"Something just isn't right about me"?.
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by ku4get(m): 11:44am On Jul 13, 2014
Watermelon is a good addiction if u are yet to indulge ur missing out. #team watermelon#
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by SenatorJames(m): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
expert101: Watermelons are sex enhancers. Take it 2 hours before you engage in any sexual activity. Your cylinders will fire well.
Sauce or Source. Just supply us with anyone of the two.
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by SenatorJames(m): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oh! My sweet watermelon.

I will forever remember year 2007 I started eating you for good.
Re: Nutritional Facts About Watermelon by nwasteve(m): 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
proximate analysis

subject to verification

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Slices Of Bread Can You Eat In One Sitting? / How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) / Healthy Living: Organic Sea salt, Organic Honey, Raw Shea butter & Coconut oil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.