Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] (13598 Views)

Buhari Orders Release Of £185 Million Pounds(#56billion Naira) To The North East / Ag. Igp Arase Restores Officer’s Salary Two Years After Removal From Payroll. / Accountant-general Of Taraba State Arraigned For N1.56billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by sonickay(m): 10:23am On Jul 10, 2014
pro01: Why was he compelled to hang that offence tag around his neck in the mug shot? It is clearly demeaning and prejudicial, considering that he is supposed to be a 'suspect' - and likely a first-time offender.

Since guilt has not been established, it doesn't seem right. Besides, it is arguably not standard practice, since many persons accused/prosecuted for similar offences in this country are not subjected to the same indignity.

Perhaps learned lawyers in the house could shed light on the matter. What purpose does it serve? It can't (or at least shouldn't) be punitive, since suspects are deemed innocent until they are duly convicted.
he need s the tag for identification as a remanded suspect. Remember he is a temporary resident in the prison pending the refusal or grant of his bail application. The tag is a norm, the mugshot as well but the release of I can't tell clearly.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 10, 2014
God go punish all dis currupt people see people dieing in wukari and other parts of taraba and dis fools are busy stealing our money.
Money dat would hv bn used 2 creat job 4 our jobless youth dat are killing demselves cos dey are jobless ones again God punish dem all
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by ceasare: 10:49am On Jul 10, 2014
I never seize to be amaze that of all the people we have in the legislative , judiciary and executive no single soul or group of persons has braze the odd and fight or stood for or even propose the entrenchment of death penalty for looting of public funds by firing squad or hanging in our constitution?
Until that happens am sorry we can never curb corruption.

#death penalty for public looting.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by kayfuture: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2014
1.56 billion Naira or Cowries ?? Oh Jesus Christ! just one person loot all of that ?? population 160m ÷ 1.56 b × 2 milln each . yeepah
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by zolajpower: 10:56am On Jul 10, 2014
Whoevr wait to see justicd served on this man is waistin is time. Nothing as been heard of the #9bn stolen by thiefmeji bank-ole. So we shld 4gt about the man who stole #1.5bn. Until,a law whch states that a man who steals public fund wil hv hm and his family wiped-out, then we il'l continu to hv publc offic holdr stealin our fund. thnk u
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Johnnoo(m): 11:02am On Jul 10, 2014
This is one the reasons why our nation is still impoverished undecided
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by zolajpower: 11:10am On Jul 10, 2014
ceasare: I never seize to be amaze that of all the people we have in the legislative , judiciary and executive no single soul or group of. persons has braze the odd and fight or stood for or even propose the entrenchment of death penalty for looting of public funds by firing squad or hanging in our constitution?
Until that happens am sorry we can never curb corruption.

#death penalty for public looting.
my brother the first person tht wil take such step to braz the tape wil be first to recieve a firing squard by hired assasing. I hv a late lecturer who bears the name Talabi ask any student of 2003 laspotech egbeda annex he was killed by assasins in abuja whn he became a member of d house of rep and was also opposing d act of currupt practices. Is a case of na who wan die.

1 Like

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by hensben(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
taraba state that 85% are suffering, 5% are managing their life, na person carry billions put for him own pocket. chai!
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by hensben(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Akshow: must u see everything from a religious lens? How about condemning the crime and treating the offender as a corrupt official irrespective of his religious affiliations?

@topic, I'm expecting d Nigerian judiciary to shamefully hand him a year or two jail term as usual. Buncha confused momfos
story!!! wey others wey still b4 him
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Mubarack44(m): 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
My state funds. Chai dia ris God oo
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by yomi007k(m): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
broadminded: Wow, see the say dem hang shame sign board for a whole State Accountant General neck...Sin sinks
Oga, compared 2 amount he swallowed d sign board isn't shameful enuf jare.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Etruth: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
grin grin#In GEJ's voice# mtscheeeewwww! Ordinary Stealing.... I will only believe it, if America knows
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by kishimi8(m): 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
The funny part of this is the former AG spent about 10years I believe but was never involved or caught with her hands in the cookie jar
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by donodion(m): 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
LMAyedun: We all knw nothing tangible will come of this case, as usual the case will suddenly be swept under the carpet.

After many years, these cases haven't been completed & we Nigerians have a very short memory.......

Ayo Fayose (Free man) - #1.2B

Joshua Dariye (Free man) - #700M

Saminu Turaki (Free man) - #36B

James Ibori (Jailed) - #9.2B (Granted bail by court since 2008 but ThankGod for UK, Ibori is cooling off in jail)

Jolly Nyame (Free man)(Ex-Gov Taraba) - #1.3B

Nyeson Wike (Serving Minister) - #4.670B

These cases were never completed and i don't think they will ever be completed.. So what is the Joy. undecided
I bet you, this is the last you will hear of this Taraba state AG's case.
dude take a Hi-5.Especially that fayose...when I read he won election into office yet again..I remembered what Thabo Mbeki said.."Nigerians got the type of leaders they deserved".
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by donodion(m): 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
gbishman: Nigerian leaders wake up and realise that this great country is our own and no body else'es. We should manage our resources adequately and not lay it to waste.
How can an accountant general whole responsibility is to help manage, secure resources or funds be found stealing and looting.
Its high time time we adopt the stringent laws on public servants who steal, i would suggest we adopt hanging.

im yet to meet,read or hear about states Accountant Generals that are clean in Nigeria.Not one.they are very craft technocratcs that knows how to cover their travks when looting either for themselves or the god fathers who appointed them into positions.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by gp6liveth(m): 11:05am On Jul 11, 2014
You can see what I always speak against. A corrupt Taraba state AG commits a crime, another governor commits a crime tomorrow, another law maker commits crime next tomorrow, a business man does same, an individual defraud his fellow, so on an d so forth, and the next thing we will hear is GEJ administration is the most corrupt administration.

Please Nigerians, we should see corruption as an individual problem major before blaming the system. I know d system is also corrupt.

If I chose not to be corrupt, you chose to preach against corruption, the next man preach zero tolerance to corruption in his office, don't you think that if we also take this message to all nooks and crannies of this nation Nigeria will be a better place where everyone will be proud of?

We can do it, yes we can. God bless the good people of this great Nation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kannywood Stars In Kaduna Support Atiku For 2019 / Wike: “I Have To Step On Toes, To Make Rivers State Better” / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos To Begin construction Of 38km 4th Mainland Bridge In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.