Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 - Sports (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 (127191 Views)

Brazil Vs Netherlands: World Cup 3rd Place (0 - 3) On 12th July 2014 / Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 / Brazil Vs Germany: World Cup 2014 Semi-final (1 - 7) On 8th July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 14, 2014
Sanchez01:
Spot on! What most people don't realize is that there are two MAJOR kind of athletes; the late developers and the early bloomers. The other is a rare one, you hardly find players who start off strong and also end up strong. The late developers tend to become a nuisance in there prime and they're never regarded. They become better as they grow and their potentialities blossom even as they age; examples of this are largely Italian players. Pirlo, Maldini, Iniesta, Seedorf, Kanu, Beckham, etc, are classical examples of this kind of growth. Then on the other hand are the early bloomers; players or athletes who start out with sparks of geniuses and wonders. They come on to the scene, make a huge impression and die like a leaf in autumn. Most footballers fall into this category. Ronaldinho, Mikel, and even Messi belong here. Most people argue that Messi's performances are not as they were while some argue otherwise... The truth is, Messi is past his peak, and so is John Mikel Obi... I guess I wouldn't be wrong if I say CR7 is not an early bloomer, neither is he a late developer. He has so far, maintained his feat right as he started and even growing stronger as he ages...

Funny comment. Did Messi flop in this completion? His goals were vital for Argentina, without Messi Argentina would be nothing. Sabella took over from Maradona few years ago, loew has being Germany's coach for over a decade(assistant to head). If Messi has truly passed his peak and Ronaldo hasn't, how come he couldn't help his team pass group stage? Messi took Argentina to the final and Argentina even created more clear cut chances than Germany.. Messi plays deeper in Argentina cos they don't have any creative midfielder besides Di Maria who didn't even play lately and made it more difficult for him.

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 14, 2014
philip0906:
I thought you guys said he is an omnipotent and omnipresent player? undecided By the way, Maradona single handedly handed The argies the world cup, so your "theory" does not hold water.

Single handedly? You mean Maradona was Yoyo Bitter?
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by dotcomnamename: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
Even UEFA President Platini wants a piece of Ozil's World Champion...

Here he is asking for Ozil's jersey kiss

#TeamOzilArsenal #WorldChampion

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Sanchez01: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
ollah1:

Funny comment. Did Messi flop in this completion? His goals were vital for Argentina, without Messi Argentina would be nothing. Sabella took over from Maradona few years ago, low has being German's coach for over a decade(assistant to head). If Messi has truly passed his peak and Ronaldo hasn't, how come he couldn't help his team pass group stage? Messi took Argentina to the final and Argentina even created more clear cut chances than Germany.. Messi plays deeper in Argentina cos they don't have any creative midfielder besides Di Maria who didn't even play lately and made it more difficult for him.
No, Messi did not flop in the competition. He failed to stand up when he was needed the most. Hence, he failed. His goals were vital, yes, but Messi did not carry the team, rather, Angel Di Maria did carried the team more than Messi, everyone knows this. The Sabella/Maradona/Low's tale, to me it's only an excuse... Ronaldo couldn't perform at this World Cup because the La Decima fight and the 'La liga fight to the end' took its toll on him. He played the Champions League final with his injury and was declared 'unfit' for the World Cup before it started. @the bolded, I don't know what kind of a TV set you watched the match from. Germany dominated from the start to the very end and it was obvious. @the highlighted blue, you ended up nailing yourself. Messi and Argentina depended heavily on Di Maria to make the difference. And finally, that a player is past his peak does not mean that he won't score goals, no. It solely means that he won't be able to create the sparks he used to. The present Messi is not the same as the 'genius' he was claimed to be...

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by dotcomnamename: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
Sanchez01:
No, Messi did not flop in the competition. He failed to stand up when he was needed the most. His goals were vital, yes, but Messi did not carry the team, rather, Angel Di Maria did carried the team more than Messi, everyone knows this. The Sabella/Maradona/Low's tale, to me it's only an excuse... Ronaldo couldn't perform at this World Cup because the La Decima fight and the 'La liga fight to the end' took its toll on him. He played the Champions League final with his injury and was declared 'unfit' for the World Cup before it started. @the bolded, I don't know what kind of a TV set you watched the match from. Germany dominated from the start to the very end and it was obvious. @the highlighted blue, you ended up nailing yourself. Messi and Argentina depended heavily on Di Maria to make the difference. And finally, that a player is past his peak does not mean that he won't score goals, no. It solely means that he won't be able to create the sparks he used to. The present Messi is not the same as the 'genius' he was claimed to be...

He did not fail, he was outstanding in this tournament..... From the beginning of the tournament his name has been a Christmas song due to his outstanding performance in the tournament until yesterday. Does that mean he should be excluded from what he deserve simply because he did not score a goal? I'm a #TeamGermany but the truth must be said here. Messi deserve it.. I hope you watch Sky News this morning about how they explain why and how Messi deserve it and why he won the golden ball?
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Flawlessangel(m): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
vanstanzy:
A tree doesnt make a forest, just as a player doesnt make the entire team. Messi played alongside teammates in all ur instances. So whatz the fuss?
great players are known for their ability to standout as well as dictate the pace of a game....messi didnt stand out when it mattered the most..neither did he deserve d golden ball award....but then..dat's just fifa compensating him 4 all his troubles..

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Harmvirus(f): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
freshness2020:
I give it to ♈όϋ big sister!
It was really a well fought battle , sure ♈όϋ can attest to that!
I know ♈όϋ were part of those that believed the Argentines would be crushed!bt thank God!
I give up on this but surely not on Messi!
HarmVirus, we gonna meet again for good in the upcoming season with Barcelona cos we gonna Harm ♈όϋ like Deadly virus!

Lol! Till then

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
Sanchez01:
No, Messi did not flop in the competition. He failed to stand up when he was needed the most. His goals were vital, yes, but Messi did not carry the team, rather, Angel Di Maria did carried the team more than Messi, everyone knows this. The Sabella/Maradona/Low's tale, to me it's only an excuse... Ronaldo couldn't perform at this World Cup because the La Decima fight and the 'La liga fight to the end' took its toll on him. He played the Champions League final with his injury and was declared 'unfit' for the World Cup before it started. @the bolded, I don't know what kind of a TV set you watched the match from. Germany dominated from the start to the very end and it was obvious. @the highlighted blue, you ended up nailing yourself. Messi and Argentina depended heavily on Di Maria to make the difference. And finally, that a player is past his peak does not mean that he won't score goals, no. It solely means that he won't be able to create the sparks he used to. The present Messi is not the same as the 'genius' he was claimed to be...

Di maria scored just a goal and Messi created it. Ronaldo didn't fight for La Liga till the end cos they lost two matches to the end but Messi fought for it. Suarez was also unfit but he still scored goals that placed his team in the knock out round. Di maria even said he would tell his unborn son that he played along side Messi. Against Holland, he the captain took the front role to take the spot kick, Hw many captains does that? What would you say about that bravely took the first spot? Robben on the other side didn't even take the spot kick at all and he was the captain that period. Germany had more possession but Argentina had more clear cut chances. They should have sealed it in regulation time. They could have sealed it there. Germany became more powerful cos they had better subs(schrulle and gotze). Who can come from Argentina's bench to change their game?

That spark was done against Belgium when he assisted Di Maria with his goal. That spark was done against Holland when he took the first shot cos if he has failed Argentina wouldn't have lost that match. So what spark are u talking about?
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
dotcomnamename:

He did not fail, he was outstanding in this tournament..... From the beginning of the tournament his name has been a Christmas song due to his outstanding performance in the tournament until yesterday. Does that mean he should be excluded from what he deserve simply because he did not score a goal? I'm a #TeamGermany but the truth must be said here. Messi deserve it.. I hope you watch Sky News this morning about how they explain why and how Messi deserve it and why he won the golden ball?

I second your comment. People will never stop hating on that dude. Messi created more changes than any player in the completions. Suffered most tackles. Won man of the match in 4 consecutive matches. Yet he doesn't deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Harmvirus(f): 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
dotcomnamename:

He did not fail, he was outstanding in this tournament.....From the beginning of the tournament his name has been a Christmas song due to his outstanding performance in the tournament until yesterday Does that mean he should be excluded from what he deserve simply because he did not score a goal? I'm a #TeamGermany but the truth must be said here. Messi deserve it.. I hope you watch Sky News this morning about how they explain why and how Messi deserve it and why he won the golden ball?

I don't agree with the bolded. Maybe in the group stage but from the knock out stage till finals, Messi was in ghost mode

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by bedfordng(m): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
messi was placed in a tight corner.no means to display his talent.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Ashantiking: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
Noneroone: Germany had more possessions but Argentina created more clear cut chances.

Yet they had 0 shots on goal. Most of their chances where counter. They came to the finals to play defensive game.

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
Roland17:

I remember we discussing how vital focus and concentration was minutes before the Germans scored, even though I wanted the Germans to lift the cup after the misery of the last 2, I just feel bad for Argentina, the back line did not track Gotze..
okay i see
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
Harmvirus:

I don't agree with the bolded. Maybe in the group stage but from the knock out stage till finals, Messi was in ghost mode

Ghost mode by assisting Di maria with the goal he scored against Belgium and also being the men of the match

Ghost mode by taking the first shot against Holland which boosted other players morales cos he scored which is robin couldn't do cos he was afraid of not scoring.

So what ghost mode are you talking about?
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by kayboy4y(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
kobonaire: [size=2pt][/size]mr man, we all have correct eyes and can see that information on the bottom of the page .... thank you
what is this one saying undecided
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
Lol. Messi would never be in the same category as maradona,pele
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by dallyemmy: 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by chrisley024(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
ollah1:

Di maria scored just a goal and Messi created it. Ronaldo didn't fight for La Liga till the end cos they lost two matches to the end but Messi fought for it. Suarez was also unfit but he still scored goals that placed his team in the knock out round. Di maria even said he would tell his unborn son that he played along side Messi. Against Holland, he the captain took the front role to take the spot kick, Hw many captains does that? What would you say about that bravely took the first spot? Robben on the other side didn't even take the spot kick at all and he was the captain that period. Germany had more possession but Argentina had more clear cut chances. They should have sealed it in regulation time. They could have sealed it there. Germany became more powerful cos they had better subs(schrulle and gotze). Who can come from Argentina's bench to change their game?

That spark was done against Belgium when he assisted Di Maria with his goal. That spark was done against Holland when he took the first shot cos if he has failed Argentina wouldn't have lost that match. So what spark are u talking about?
Asissted Di Maria's goal against Belgium? Di Maria scored against Belgium?
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by dotcomnamename: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
Harmvirus:

4 different times world best we're talking here mate!

Gbammmmmm
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
chrisley024:
Asissted Di Maria's goal against Belgium? Di Maria scored against Belgium?

Dude this is 2014. Apparently u aren't talking about this world cup
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Noneroone(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ashantiking:

Yet they had 0 shots on goal. Most of their chances where counter. They came to the finals to play defensive game.
If you know that typical argentine football is trickish in nature, you wouldnt raise this shot on goal issue. Argentina penetrated germany better. Maybe if Di maria was around the story would have been different.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Harmvirus(f): 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
dotcomnamename:

4 different times world best we're talking here mate!

Gbammmmmm

No doubt Messi is good but his performance in the world cup wasn't that outstanding as to win the golden ball. There were better footballers
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by kobonaire(m): 2:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
kayboy4y: what is this one saying undecided
wtf is this boy saying?
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
Harmvirus:

No doubt Messi is good but his performance in the world cup wasn't that outstanding as to win the golden ball. There were better footballers

Namely?
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Ashantiking: 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
Noneroone: If you know that typical argentine football is trickish in nature, you wouldnt raise this shot on goal issue. Argentina penetrated germany better. Maybe if Di maria was around the story would have been different.

The only thing Germany did wrong was beat Brazil 7-1, if it wasn't that Argentina would have came out and play football then Germany would have beaten them by more than 1 goal. Argentina looked defeated before they went into the game.

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by delikay4luv: 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ashantiking:

The only thing Germany did wrong was beat Brazil 7-1, if it wasn't that Argentina was come out and play football then Germany would have beaten them by more than 1 goal. Argentina looked defeated before they went into the game.
gbam
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Noneroone(m): 3:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ashantiking:

The only thing Germany did wrong was beat Brazil 7-1, if it wasn't that Argentina was come out and play football then Germany would have beaten them by more than 1 goal. Argentina looked defeated before they went into the game.
And what Argentina did wrong was beating Holland. Stop being hysterical. Dont forget Germany nearly lost to Ghana and Algeria. They won the world cup and i respect them for that but they are obviously not majestic.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by chrisley024(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
ollah1:

Dude this is 2014. Apparently u aren't talking about this world cup
See ignorance of the highest order!

Thank God this is 2014 so u could have used google since u didn't watch the game.

Di Maria scored against Belgium with Messi's asisst?. shocked cheesy grin
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
GentleMimi: @ shymexx
Shattap dia. Midgets who delivered. Peeps wey dey claim ''gbemiga'' no get anytin to offer. Show me d tallest guy on d field and i'll show u a guy whose impact was the least felt.
They do make up for their lack of height in other areas...i heard they are well endowed.....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
lipsrsealed tongue

Well endowed in what? Midgetry? grin

How endowed are you? - my nyggah raphead said you're a ugly as shiit. grin
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Ashantiking: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
Noneroone: And what Argentina did wrong was beating Holland. Stop being hysterical. Dont forget Germany nearly lost to Ghana and Algeria. They won the world cup and i respect them for that but they are obviously not majestic.

Argentina drew against Netherlands and won in penalties. Fifa counts penalty shoot outs as draw. Argentina also struggled against Iran, Bosnia, Nigeria, Switzerland and Belgium. Mind you Argentina won all these games by a line goal. Iran and Switzerland took them to the last minute.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by MiguelMi6(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
CyrusLevi: You like soccer too,cool.
Yes,though,my country lost the cup,but Messi won the golden ball.

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
Padipadi:
Then let me be your boyfriend so that you won't run mad!

I reject madness in the name of Jesus.Don't let me pray some MFM prayers for you oh!.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / Ghana Vs Nigeria: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 25th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.