Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 (127115 Views)

Brazil Vs Netherlands: World Cup 3rd Place (0 - 3) On 12th July 2014 / Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 / Brazil Vs Germany: World Cup 2014 Semi-final (1 - 7) On 8th July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by enellcy(f): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
all this feud about messi...hmmm...well let the best of the two team get the cup...we wait till sunday
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Sanchez01: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
enellcy: all this feud about messi...hmmm...well let the best of the two team get the cup...we wait till sunday
Enellcy, please ignore the feuds and root for Germany. Please? cry

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Ephemmm: 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
publicenemy: hmmnnn...f mess wins the world cup it will be another excuse to give him an undeserved Ballon D"or.

Germany for life.

Bad belle: after all these sufferings in this tournament, there is Godu oooooooooooooooooo...
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by publicenemy(m): 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ephemmm:

Bad belle: after all these sufferings in this tournament, there is Godu oooooooooooooooooo...

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Segadem(m): 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
All the Barcelona fans want Argentina to win the cup but you are in 4 surprise.All the Barcelona fans want Argentina to win the cup but you are in 4 surprise.All the Barcelona fans want Argentina to win the the Barcelona fans want Argentina to win the cup but you are in 4 surprise.All the Barcelona fans want Argentina to win the cup but you are in 4 surprise.All the Barcelona fans want Argentina to win but you are in 4 surprise.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Segadem(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
Viewing this topic: Segadem ( m), publicenemy ( m )
and 1 guest(s)Chai! we are just three viewing this topic now,by this time on Sunday dey no go allow you to see front again.if anybody block me walahi I go Suarez am!

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by sean079: 1:24am On Jul 11, 2014
claireshan: Nah Argentina get the cup
hello!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 11, 2014
sean079:
hello!!!!!!!!!!!
hiiii!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by philfearon(m): 8:54am On Jul 11, 2014
Germany and Argentina will go head to head
in the final of the 2014 World Cup on Sunday
but both teams go into it off the back of
wildly differing semi-finals.
Joachim Low's Germany crushed hosts Brazil
7-1 in Belo Horizonte on Tuesday, a game
that will rank among the best and most
shocking the tournament has ever seen.
The match was essentially won before half-
time, meaning key players like Mats Hummels,
Sami Khedira and Miroslav Klose could be
substituted as the Germans played out the
second half almost as if it were a training
match.
Meanwhile, Argentina played out a dull 0-0
draw against the Netherlands and were taken
all the way to penalties before winning 4-2 in
Sao Paulo on Wednesday.
Germany and Argentina World Cup 2014
Results
Germany
Argentina
Won 4-0 vs. Portugal
Won 2-1 vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina
Drew 2-2 vs. Ghana
Won 1-0 vs. Iran
Won 1-0 vs. USA
Won 3-2 vs. Nigeria
Won 2-1 vs. Algeria
Won 1-0 vs. Switzerland
Won 1-0 vs. France
Won 1-0 vs. Belgium
Won 7-1 vs. Brazil
Drew 0-0 (4-2 pens) vs. Netherlands
FIFA.com
With a tougher game, an extra 30 minutes in
their legs and a day less to recover, Argentina
are the side with it all to do at the Maracana.
However, if we look back to the quarter-finals
there is not much to choose between the two
teams.
Argentina came through a tough match
against Belgium, winning 1-0, and Germany
beat France by the same score. One could
argue that the French posed more of a test
than the inexperienced Belgians, who seemed
to disappoint.. A further look at the statistics shows that
Germany slightly lead Argentina in both
possession (59.4 percent to 58.5 percent) and
passing accuracy (86.4 percent to 85.9
percent), per WhoScored.com , at the finals.
Those figures might not be hugely different,
but in terms of managing the outcome of a
game, having and keeping the ball is
obviously crucial. As is scoring, and Germany
lead the way there, too, with 17 World Cup
goals to Argentina's eight.
The form guide looks to be in Germany’s
favour, but Argentina do have the edge in one
category: dribbling.
Lionel Messi averages 6.5 per game and he is
closely followed by Angel Di Maria with five,
per WhoScored.com . Germany's best player
with the ball at his feet is Mesut Ozil, with just
1.8 dribbles per match.
These figures highlight the big difference in
approaches from either side; Germany function
as a team, while Argentina appear to rely on
individual brilliance.

If Argentina beats Germany, Messi would
have duplicated everything Maradona did
in 1986.. | pic.twitter.com/xL1y5kEJ5w
— 2014 World Cup (@2014WorIdCup)
July 10, 2014

Argentina know all too well that individuals
can win World Cups. The nation's most
famous player Diego Maradona proved that in
1986, when they beat the Germans 3-2 in the
final.
It remains to be seen if the individual
approach or the team ethic will prevail at the
weekend, but the world will be watching the
outcome.
With four World Player of the Year awards to
his name, few would bet against Messi rising
to the occasion, but Germany's strong run
through the World Cup will no doubt make
that a difficult task...
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2125473-germany-vs-argentina-form-comparison-for-2014-world-cup-final

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by philfearon(m): 8:59am On Jul 11, 2014
Can Ronaldo score 73 goals in one season?
No.
Can Ronaldo win 3 golden foots? No.
Can Ronaldo score 91 goals in one year?
No.
Can Ronaldo win 4 Ballon d'Ors? No.
Can Ronaldo win something with Portugal?
No.
Can Ronaldo stay loyal to his club? No.
Can Ronaldo make more than 180 assists
(He is
winger and Messi striker) No.
Can Ronaldo score more than 400 goals?
( He
can but look at his age)
Can Ronaldo score free kick against
Barcelona?
No.
Can Ronaldo score hattrick against
Barcelona?
No.
Can Ronaldo score 5 goals in a single UCL
or
other match? No.
Can Ronaldo score 4 goals against Arsenal
or
any other team? No.
Can Ronaldo score a hattrick against Brazil?
No.
Can Ronaldo score a goal like Messi against
Getafe in 2006 or like against Real Madrid in
2011? No.
Can Ronaldo break 125 records? No.
Can Ronaldo be Messi? No.
And many other things. The answer will be
always NO. The point is Messi did all this
things
at the age of 26, Ronaldo is already 30. No
matter you like Messi or not, you like
Ronaldo or
not, you respect both or not, Messi will be
always better and only..... pls hit like for leo
messi.....
This is just the crime Messi committed Ooo. ."Just being too extraordinarily Good.."
Haters go and die...Argies For The World Cup!!

9 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Olofintoto(m): 9:14am On Jul 11, 2014
Switpal: It cld go either way. Let us jus wait n c.
Ok.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Odunharry(m): 10:19am On Jul 11, 2014
THE CLUELESS
Wife:- sweety, which teams are
playing today?

Hubby:- There is no match today.

Wife:- ooh! It's over? So who won?

Hubby:- it's not over, they are just resting today

Wife:- Ooooh... So they'r on halftime?

Hubby:- ah sure they are on
halftime

Wife: so when are they starting the second half?

Hubby:- (bored) Tomorrow

Wife:- So Drogba will be playing
tomorrow?

Hubby:- His team was knocked
out.

Wife:- Haa so which team is
remaining?

Hubby:- Uruguay.

Wife:- The one that suarez plays
for?

Hubby:- (happy) YES! Wife:- At least we will watch Suarez.

Hubby:- Suarez was banned. He
will not play any more.

Wife:- so they will play with less
players?

Hubby:- No, they will get someone
else Wife:- Who will they put?

Hubby:- (Angry) I DONT KNOW!
(loong silence)

Wife :- (innocently) hope they put Drogba

6 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 11, 2014
free money , bitcoin every hours http://0x40.0x20.0xc.0x40/ (message securised by admin)
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Agunnewi: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2014
All I got to say is :

3 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Oahray: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
Sanchez01:
I understand your love for Messi but DO NOT make the gravest mistake of comparing the Germans to the Germans that played with the Ghanians. Germany has the best team in the tournament; each of their players are deadly single-handedly and their compact style of play with tear the Argentines apart. We all saw what happened in 2010 when they met. The Germans know how to cause the world to doubt a team or a manager. Argentina's defeat at the hand of the Germans made people believe that Maradona is not good as a manager. I'm only praying that Sabella is made to believe that he is not all that good and that Germany has the antidote to Messi's madness grin
Remember you made this kind of noise before the match with Netherlands? Argentina would disappoint you again with another win!

And yes, the cup.

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by philfearon(m): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
And even with all the Buzz!!
Whether Messi wins the world cup or not,he is still The Greatest....All this craze about Winning World Cup is pure shit and media overrated crap....And what about people like Valdez,Torres,Pedro, etc that won it? anything special? oh I forgot is Messi,and people believe he should Win everything and turn Superman!! Messi has already set enough records that can't be broken in 10generations to come...

4 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Chanchit: 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
philfearon: And even with all the Buzz!!
Whether Messi wins the world cup or not,he is still The Greatest....All this craze about Winning World Cup is pure shit and media overrated crap....And what about people like Valdez,Torres,Pedro, etc that won it? anything special? oh I forgot is Messi,and people believe he should Win everything and turn Superman!! Messi has already set enough records that can't be broken in 10generations to come...

You dey mind them, God will disappoint them on Sunday, but anything that happens, he's still d world greatest.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by philfearon(m): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
Chanchit:

You dey mind them, God will disappoint them on Sunday, but anything that happens, he's still d world greatest.
People just dey vex me here with this them Silly comparism...
Why is Ronaldo,Ronaldinho,Rivaldo,Zidane,etc not rated like maradona or Pele? Didn't they win the World cup?
Truth is,Pele and co are not happy Messi has surpassed them since time immemorial...Winning the World Cup is the only Excuse left for them..
Maybe after winning the World cup,they will start saying he has not won a Nations cup or not among the Elites to have Won both the Uefa Champions League and Copa Libertodos(American champions league)....
There silly childish excuses never seem to End!!

3 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by bheemz(f): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
I pray Germany wins......I don't like dat Messi @ll

4 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Sanchez01: 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
bheemz: I pray Germany wins......I don't like dat Messi @ll
Bless you D! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by maputohq: 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
I so much love you...

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by bosun11(m): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
Shori: 1900 World Cup Final: Germany Vs Argentina.

2014 World Cup Final: Germany Vs Argentina.

Germany won Argentina in the '90 World cup finals,this will be the perfect time for Argentina to take revenge and win the world cup.

Argentina all the way. . . Messi all the way! Viva Barcelona.

gerrrrrrrmaaaan machhhhhineeeee
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by kobonaire(m): 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
God willing super eagles will win this World Cup

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
How can one not like Messi undecided
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by kunlepicktu: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
Germany go win by 2goals to Zero

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by mytym1: 11:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
Wow Pope Francis vs Pope Benedict #worldcup

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
pixtuk: messi will lift dat cup on sunday
Amen! #Team Messi

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Tripleclick(m): 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Germany win
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by HuJJC(m): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Germany all the way! Trust me!
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Burnaaboi(m): 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
It is a monumental dismal pismal that ronaldo wud not be in d maracana on sunday i wud lyk to see d expressionz on his face wen captain messi lifts the world cup with dat cute smile of hiz....ronaldo wud be lyk:hoeloshie atlast u leave me behind

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:12am On Jul 12, 2014
pixtuk: messi will lift dat cup on sunday
Why don't you buy him a plastic cup. In ya dreams, Germany ll crush Argentina.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 12, 2014
hobermener: What's the hype about this overrated argentine all about. He's Been in barcelona all his life, he has no idea what life outside barca is like. Ronaldo has seen it all in england and in spain. He thrives everywhere he finds himself, and that's one hallmark of an exceptional player. Messi was favoured by barca @ the 2010 ballon dior saga and this time messi should be an "all time great" simply because he's on the verge of lifting his first and possibly only world cup(that's if they narrowly excape the german machines). Pele has over a thousand goals and messi is still struggling to reach the 500 goal mark, yet messi should be an all time great, how ridiculous!!! Ronaldo put up a less than stellar performance simply because he has injury problems, and that doesn't make messi any better than him. Scoring against inexperienced and weak teams like iran bosnia and nija, and unconvincingly making it to the finals should not make messi an 'ALL TIME GREAT' should he lift the trophy or not. Gbam!!!
1billion likes cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / Ghana Vs Nigeria: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 25th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.