Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Fear Grips Residents Of Ikeja As ’7 Heads’ Needed For Olu Ikeja Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Grips Residents Of Ikeja As ’7 Heads’ Needed For Olu Ikeja Burial (684 Views)

Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / APC Blames Mimiko For Olu Falae's Kidnap - Punch / Obasanjo: “How I Escaped Being Ritually-Killed With 7 Heads Of Cattle” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Grips Residents Of Ikeja As ’7 Heads’ Needed For Olu Ikeja Burial by Beazy(f): 6:01am On Jul 10, 2014
Latest reports coming in from Ikeja area of Lagos State, western Nigeria, suggest that there is panic among residents in the area over the burial rites of the late Olu of Ikeja Kingdom, Oba Rauf Adeniyi Aremu Matemi.
According to a circulating rumour, the burial of the late Oba of Ikeja, who was declared dead last week Tuesday, includes the slicing off of ’7 heads’ to be buried alongside the late Oba.
The monarch was said to have died in his palace after a brief illness and since then, there have been restriction of movement in Ikeja area due to burial rites allegedly being carried out on the death of the traditional ruler.
All businesses and shops at Ikeja local government were closed down for business as a mark of honour for the departed monarch.
However, commercial vehicles and tricycles (Keke Napep) operators were seen going about with their businesses.
When newsmen visited the palace Wednesday morning, traditional rulers, Iyaloja, Baales, members of the Hausa community were there to mourn the monarch.
It was gathered that some rituals were also being performed in the honour of the late Oba at the palace. Some traditional chiefs were also seen wearing white wrappers as well.
Attempt to find out the cause of the death of the monarch, one of his chiefs, who did not disclose his name, said such information could not be disclosed to the media because of some rituals that needed to be carried out first.
Re: Fear Grips Residents Of Ikeja As ’7 Heads’ Needed For Olu Ikeja Burial by DesChyko: 6:09am On Jul 10, 2014
On behalf of Aysuccess99, TheLastNazgul, Smithsammy, Oluwatola5, psedonomer, Epaul and Dejman, I donate Nairaland.
Re: Fear Grips Residents Of Ikeja As ’7 Heads’ Needed For Olu Ikeja Burial by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:29am On Jul 10, 2014
DesChyko: On behalf of Aysuccess99, TheLastNazgul, Smithsammy, Oluwatola5, psedonomer, Epaul and Dejman, I donate Nairaland.
grin grin
Re: Fear Grips Residents Of Ikeja As ’7 Heads’ Needed For Olu Ikeja Burial by KOBOJO: 6:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Are the so called sophisticated yolobars this barbaric....
Burying the dead with 7 human heads....smh

They should start with his children then..

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Residents Of Ikeja As ’7 Heads’ Needed For Olu Ikeja Burial by moscobabs(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2014
DesChyko: On behalf of Aysuccess99, TheLastNazgul, Smithsammy, Oluwatola5, psedonomer, Epaul and Dejman, I donate Nairaland.
I think 6 of these people u mention are ok....just pick urself for the seventh one. Asiwere eeyan!!!

(1) (Reply)

Wife And 3 Children Of Yoruba Pastor Butchered By Boko Haram Still Missing / Who Succeeds Fashola? : New Permutations In Lagos / The Top 10 Most-corrupt States In The U.S revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.