Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:04 AM

Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers (890 Views)

Lai Mohammed Assumes Office As Minister Of Information And Culture (Photos) / Ibe Kachiukwu Assumes Office As Minister Of State For Petroleum Resources (Photo / Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by idumuose(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mr. Shekarau was sworn-in as minister on Wednesday.

The new Minister of Education, Ibrahim Shekarau, on Thursday met with the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics, ASUP.

The meeting, Mr. Shekarau’s first after he assumed duties same day is in a bid to resolve the strike by the lecturers.

The polytechnic lecturers have been on strike since October last year, while Mr. Shekarau, a former Kano State governor, was sworn-in as minister by President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday.

The meeting, which commenced at about 3:25 p.m., is being held at the Education Ministry secretariat in Abuja.

http://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/164670-breaking-asup-strike-shekarau-assumes-duties-meets-polytechnic-lecturers.html
Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by Firefire(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
shakara-u, I trust you can deliver to the suprise of the Thomases.

July 14th Polytechnic should resume back. by Fire by force
Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by chiefinalowo: 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mr Shekarau, you have to show them (APC) that you are a performer.
Pls and pls don't disappoint our oga at the top o.

1 Like

Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by derrick333(m): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Shekarau!!! Ani tym I hear dat name, fear de grip me

1 Like

Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by idumuose(m): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
derrick333: Shekarau!!! Ani tym I hear dat name, fear de grip me
Cos it Sounds like Shekau, right?

1 Like

Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
The problem is not meeting with them. The problem is with meeting their DEMANDS.
Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by johnwizey: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
Shekarau pls meet dere demands o. I knw you are better dan dat God forsaken WIKEd
Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
They have been having series of meetings yet no positive result. Meet their demands and let the students return to their classrooms.
Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
berem: They have been having series of meetings yet no positive result. Meet their demands and let the students return to their classrooms.
And they should also meet the doctors demands so we can return to work immediately. What is good for Berem, should also be good for Beremole
Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
And they should also meet the doctors demands so we can return to work immediately. What is good for Berem, should also be good for Beremole
Ifeanyichukwu how market? I thought you have stopped being a medical doctor? So the strike affected you abi? Chai! Sorry!

tongue cheesy
Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
berem: Ifeanyichukwu how market? I thought you have stopped being a medical doctor? So the strike affected you abi? Chai! Sorry!

tongue cheesy
Tell dem to meet our demands too
Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by Ohjerry: 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
Okay. let' see.

Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Tell dem to meet our demands too
why should I tell them to meet your demands? You should be the one to do that not me. cheesy
Re: Strike: Shekarau Assumes Duty, Meets Polytechnic Lecturers by derrick333(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
idumuose:
Cos it Sounds like Shekau, right?
. Dat is ehh!!

(1) (Reply)

Osun State Election 2014 / Jonathan Fails To Protect Nigerians In Ss, Se From Bh, Gej Till 2019? / This Is When You Know Something Is Wrong! Ten Us Senators Want Uganda & Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.