Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested (1575 Views)

Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) / Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA / Many Feared Dead In A Fresh Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
Soldiers in Aba on Sunday carried out an early morning raid at Aba Central Mosque and the residence of some Muslims in the town and arrested the Chief Imam of the mosque, Idris Bashir; his deputy, Mohammed Hassan; and eleven others over suspicion of stockpiling guns and planning to manufacture bombs.

The Chief Imam informed PREMIUM TIMES over the telephone that the soldiers came to their area at about 2 a.m., where they arrested four persons at the mosque while he and the others were picked from their houses.
“They took us to the 144 Battalion Barracks at Asa where their commander informed us that we are being suspected of stockpiling guns and manufacturing bombs. However, after sometime, the officer said since nothing was found after their search of our houses, mosque and shops we should be released,” he said.

He also said only eleven of them were released.
“The other two, who are the Director and Principal of New Horizon Academy, are still with the military,” Mr. Bashir said.
He said the soldiers in their raid saw some bottles of chemicals at the science laboratory of the school and accused the school officials of using them to manufacture bombs.

Mr. Bashir said the bottles were used for practical studies for students of the school.
“The bottles were not hidden and were kept aside in the lab because there were only five students offering the subject and three of them are already married and the other two appear to lose interest in the subject, so the bottles are even empty,” he said.
The cleric said he was re-invited by the military for further interrogation at Ngwa High School, on Wednesday.
“They interrogated me and released me just before we broke our fast and told me that they may re-invite me again,” he said.
The Chief Imam said their major concern now was the fate of two of their colleagues who have been moved from Asa, where they were initially kept, to Ohafia.
“Right now we don’t know the state they are in, and these are innocent Nigerians struggling to live in the current prevailing circumstances. My appeal is for the military authorities to, please, carry out all their investigations thoroughly so that innocent persons will not suffer for just being Muslims,” he said.

When contacted, the spokesperson of the Nigerian Army, Olajide Laleye, said he was yet to get the full details of the operation. He said he would provide the details as soon as he got them.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/164664-soldiers-raid-aba-central-mosque-arrest-imam-others.html
Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by customized07: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
We won't accommodate boko boys in the east.

7 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
These are perilous times ,any suspects must be investigated.
Nigerians are given extra scrutiny when they travel to the West due to the notorious fraudulent activities
Boko haramites are northerners and Muslims ,does anyone blame the military for taking these precautions?
They would want the bad apples in their midst arrested and dealt with so let them co operate with the authorities
Na so we see am

9 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Yoritshekiri: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
There has been 2 or more threads that dealt with this topic, why bring it up again?

2 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
Yoritshekiri: There has been 2 or more threads that dealt with this topic, why bring it up again?

Really?
I didn't know that

2 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Ohjerry: 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
Really a perilous time.

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Yoritshekiri: 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:

Really?
I didn't know that
The topic has been exhaustively dealt with, stop clogging up nairaland servers with old gists.
www.nairaland.com/1803769/more-northerners-detained-fresh-abia
www.nairaland.com/1803806/search-bombs-soldiers-arrest-2

1 Like

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Horlawoomey(m): 6:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
When has being a Muslim become a crime in Nigeria ?

2 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by MrT2011(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
Horlawoomey: When has being a Muslim become a crime in Nigeria ?

Aboki enwe! Yes it has!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Horlawoomey(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
MrT2011:

Aboki enwe! Yes it has!! cool
. You are too myopic to know from my username that I am not Hausa by tribe, one thing you folks from the south east don't understand is that there are more of you people at their domain up there and any act of genocide against these innocent people in your place will be more catastrophic than the civil war for the AJEKUTA MAMUMI race.

2 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nonybb: 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
Muslims are snakes, Islam is the venom

2 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by lakpalakpa: 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ibos are starting a war they can't finish..

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by MrT2011(m): 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Horlawoomey: . You are too myopic to know from my username that I am not Hausa by tribe, one thing you folks from the south east don't understand is that there are more of you people at their domain up there and any act of genocide against these innocent people in your place will be more catastrophic than the civil war for the AJEKUTA MAMUMI race.

Taa!!
Shatap!!!

You are Aboki! And that you remain. grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by MrT2011(m): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
lakpalakpa: Ibos are starting a war they can't finish..

grin grin grin grin grin

Muslims had started war they can't finish; you mean.

4 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
Horlawoomey: When has being a Muslim become a crime in Nigeria ?

In the recent times, more Nigerians have died in the hands of messengers who Shout "allah Kubar" while killing their victims.

5 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by iiichidodo: 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
What?!!....
Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by MrT2011(m): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nonybb: Muslims are snakes, Islam is the venom

Being a Muslim is being initiated into Satanism- that makes them Serpent!

2 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by MightySparrow: 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
Security issues these days cannot be over emphasized, well done Nigerian Army, We must rid Nigeria of BH and its semblance.

3 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by dorofine(f): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
All terrorists are muslim, handle them the way they handle innocent people.
Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2014

grin grin grin grin grin

What do you think you know? We are trying to prevent a war here. Do you think if a bomb goes off in the south east people will take it for granted?. The government is trying to stop a major breakdown of law and order in this country, one thing I can tell you is if a bomb goes off today in the south east (aba mainly) there will be reprisal attacks which will spread to the north and to every part of the country. This is what the Government is trying to prevent. It is common knowledge that mosques are places they use to store arms in the SE

5 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Horlawoomey: . You are too myopic to know from my username that I am not Hausa by tribe, one thing you folks from the south east don't understand is that there are more of you people at their domain up there and any act of genocide against these innocent people in your place will be more catastrophic than the civil war for the AJEKUTA MAMUMI race.

grin grin grin Don't believe anything you read on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Horlawoomey(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
MrT2011:

Taa!!
Shatap!!!

You are Aboki! And that you remain. grin cheesy grin

. It is very pathetic for you
Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
customized07: We won't accommodate boko boys in the east.

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Horlawoomey(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
gboss4sure:

grin grin grin Don't believe anything you read on the internet.
. This is not what I read on the internet I have been to Sabon gari likewise Nnewi, you can't compare the Igbos at sabon gari to the number of Hausas at Nnewi.
Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2014

grin grin grin grin grin

The Nigerian army is now controlled by Igbos
Anumpam

2 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
^^ olodo

1 Like

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
Yoritshekiri:
The topic has been exhaustively dealt with, stop clogging up nairaland servers with old gists.
www.nairaland.com/1803769/more-northerners-detained-fresh-abia
www.nairaland.com/1803806/search-bombs-soldiers-arrest-2

You are not Seun and can never be and you are not a MOD, There is no bandwidth limit to what you can post here on nairaland.I am just seeing this thread for first time and i believe i am not the only one seeing it for the first time.

There are hundreds of thread on Germany vs Argentina,i didnt see you saying anything about that...90% of your thread and comment borders on....you know what... keeps you awake... grin grin

This man leave Igbos alone... angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But the truth is untill we learn to stand together irrespective of tribe or religion and see boko harram as a Common enemy we can never will the war against terrorism. long live nigeria
Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by cococandy(f): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
As long as they were not tortured it's alright.
Every suspicious report has to be investigated.
If we wait for one to be actually caught detonating a bomb,then the consequences will be catastrophic.
Pro active measures should be the bane of a functional society not reactive measures.

God Job N.Army. Follow up every lead and investigate meticulously.
As long as no innocent one is tortured,it is alright.
Re: Aba Central Mosque Raided By Soldiers, Chief Imam Arrested by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
Good job

(1) (Reply)

Death Of Shekau: Misplaced Priorities On NL Politics Section / Aregbesola's Terrorists Arrested / Inside Rivers State: Amaechi Is Offering Pdp N6billion To Drop Wike;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.