Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,009 members, 7,953,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben (2037 Views)

See The Long Snake Killed In Uniben Hostel Hall 3 / List Of Lecturers Sacked In UNIBEN For Their SEXCAPEDE / Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by fighalo(m): 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
Good day all.
first of all I want to thank God that I was not among the victims of dismissal from the school due to problem from Waec.
some 100level students were told to go home after being in school since march 31st. This was due to problems caused by waec. many had change of name issues, some had date of birth. I even saw a girl that waec added 41yrs to her age. some had change of gender issues. They were asked to go on Monday because they can't be cleared. and exam started on Tuesday.
pls Waec board of directors should do something about this.
Once more thank God for my case, because I for turn area boy .. I pity their parents. God help them.
.. pls bear with my typographical error, it's cos of ma phone... the best u can do is to get d message. no critics pls
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Kslib(m): 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Awwwww!!! Thats so sad!!

I feel for them!
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Doclight(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
I also have gender problem. Pls hw do i check diz. Will it affect me?
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
fighalo: Good day all.
first of all I want to thank God that I was not among the victims of dismissal from the school due to problem from Waec.
some 100level students were told to go home after being in school since march 31st. This was due to problems caused by waec. many had change of name issues, some had date of birth. I even saw a girl that waec added 41yrs to her age. some had change of gender issues. They were asked to go on Monday because they can't be cleared. and exam is started on Tuesday.
Once more thank God for my case, because I for turn area boy .. I pity their mum. God help them
How did you pass?
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by STENON(f): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
@ OP....Pls are you very sure that you are a studnt of UNIBEN ?
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by smithsammy(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
ferdimako:
How did you pass?
lolz.......

1 Like

Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Badmushazan: 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Kendzyma(m): 11:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
some 100level students were told to go home after being in school since march 31st. This was due to problems caused by waec. many had change of name issues, some had date of birth. I even saw a girl that waec added 41yrs to her age. some had change of gender issues. They were asked to go on Monday because they can't be cleared. and exam is starteding on Tuesday.
Once more thank God for my case, because I for turn area boy .. I pity their mum. God help them
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Linzo(m): 11:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
@OP, my NECO certificate is bearin two names i.e OSSAI HENRY, while my HND result which i use in applyin for direct entry to UNIBEN dis year bears my 3 names i.e OSSAI HENRY CHUKWUDI, will it affect me in anyway?
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Spotless180(m): 12:10am On Jul 11, 2014
Hw can date of birth be a problem. Cant they go and swear affidavit in court. They can do age declaration in court.
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Aizebioje(m): 12:50am On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
How did you pass?
My brother!!! The exam is started on tuesday Seems like waec really screwed up... For not adding you to their list!!!
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by fighalo(m): 1:56am On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
How did you pass?

through hardwork
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by fighalo(m): 1:59am On Jul 11, 2014
Aizebioje:
My brother!!! The exam is started on tuesday Seems like waec really screwed up... For not adding you to their list!!!
thanks for d point-out. av corrected it
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 11, 2014
Linzo: @OP, my NECO certificate is bearin two names i.e OSSAI HENRY, while my HND result which i use in applyin for direct entry to UNIBEN dis year bears my 3 names i.e OSSAI HENRY CHUKWUDI, will it affect me in anyway?

You won't have any problem since they are consistent.
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by fighalo(m): 2:03am On Jul 11, 2014
Spotless180: Hw can date of birth be a problem. Cant they go and swear affidavit in court. They can do age declaration in court.
yea it can be sworn...
buh d age of some where too outrageous
it will b a problem to dem afterwards
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by fighalo(m): 2:05am On Jul 11, 2014
Doclight: I also have gender problem. Pls hw do i check diz. Will it affect me?
can't say anytin for now.
prepare for ur post ume. schelduled to hold on the 25th of its july
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 11, 2014
some 100level students were told to go home after being in school since march 31st. This was due to problems caused by waec. many had change of name issues, some had date of birth. I even saw a girl that waec added 41yrs to her age. some had change of gender issues. They were asked to go on Monday because they can't be cleared. and exam started on Tuesday.
Once more thank God for my case, because I for turn area boy .. I pity their parents. God help them.
.. pls bear with my typographical error, it's cos of ma phone... the best u can do is to get d message. no critics pls

@OP: WAEC is not solely responsible for the plight of the affected students.

Some of the problems were caused by students and their parents. E.g, a student could register WAEC with say: Bello Osagie in 2012 and register with Bello Smith in 2013.

Some of the problems were cause by the college master/mistress who completed the enrolment form for the school. For example, he/she could register a student as Bello Osagie S in 2012 while he/she/another officer registers the same student as Bello O. Smith in 2013.

Also, some students don't collect their certificates till they are asked to do so for clearance. If they do so on time, they could make any necessary correction before the clearance exercise.
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Aizebioje(m): 2:53am On Jul 11, 2014
fighalo:
thanks for d point-out. av corrected it
You're welcome. And I'm only saying this because I'm tired and feeling a tad polite
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by jericco1(m): 4:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Me sef wan go swear for court. I had this age ish, I added 2 unnecessary years to my well programmed age ouch!
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Jomebishop: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2014
It's the sorry state of our nation. Check out this write-up about our education sector http:///21XCNE6dQ5
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by piica(m): 8:05am On Jul 11, 2014
Linzo: @OP, my NECO certificate is bearin two names i.e OSSAI HENRY, while my HND result which i use in applyin for direct entry to UNIBEN dis year bears my 3 names i.e OSSAI HENRY CHUKWUDI, will it affect me in anyway?
go get affidavit to that effect
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Kk4(m): 8:08am On Jul 11, 2014
I had Similar problem on my waec cert (wrong age and misspell name). I went for a bank interview with my court papers and they rejected it. Its really heart breaking that an institution like waec will keep making silly mistakes that could ruin young Nigerians live. Na when this country won better self!?

1 Like

Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 11, 2014
fighalo:
through hardwork
The problem is from parents, students and handlers of waec registration. Some parents go register external students with d names they fondly call them which are not d legal ones, some students use Seun when it is Oluwaseun, not consistent with all d names and some staffers of d schools just mess up with d whole info.

The proper thing is after capturing, ensure u call on all to see the inputs before submission because after exam numbers have been generated... that is it!

Do improve on your grammar... the only thing to showcase ur status at this time.
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
ehm, op, you know its "DESTROYED", right?
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by fighalo(m): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
Zedric:
ehm, op, you know its "DESTROYED", right?

pls if u guys are here to look for errors from my message, I dnt giv a Bleep anymore.. you've gotten d message so wad else....

I knw that nobody is an ireland of knowledge.. so mistakes are bound to occur
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
fighalo:

pls if u guys are here to look for errors from my message, I dnt giv a Bleep anymore.. you've gotten d message so wad else....

I knw that nobody is an ireland island of knowledge.. so mistakes are bound to occur
U won't improve with this attitude.
Re: Waec Distroyed So Many Admission In Uniben by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
fighalo:

I knw that nobody is an ireland of knowledge
ISLAND not ireland. Ireland ko, cote d'voire ni

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

50 Things Everyone Should Know How To Do / Students Of Igbinedion University Okada(iuo). Let's Meet Here. / BCS (British Computer Society) Exams: Your Gateway To An International Career!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.