Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? (3813 Views)

God Has Not Been Answering My Prayers And Its 5years NOW.. Please What Should I / BIBLE Quiz:(think Twice Before Answering) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by Kay17: 6:01am On Jul 16, 2014
malvisguy212: the question is so important to you , the atheist, I got noting to loose, if there is GOD, I will praise they Lord, if there IS no God, I got noting to lose. You on the other hand, if there IS God, MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU.

SO MY FRIEND, THE QUESTION IS RELEVANT. Thank you

So you have contemplated the possibility of no God existing?! And you are supposed to be 110% certain!
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by malvisguy212: 6:36am On Jul 16, 2014
Kay17:

So you have contemplated the possibility of no God existing?! And you are supposed to be 110% certain!
you know the answer to my equation, let it be seal in your heart.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Yeeeee, see philosophizing! Na wa o. But the question is simple na.

I must confess though that I have learnt from the various contributions, especially from those who aren't afraid to be as practical and realistic as possible. But some others keep hiding behind clever-sound-words that don't make much sense.

First, I am a Christian. But I prefer to order my life what the Bible says, my understanding of it and not by the prevailing beliefs. These are my thoughts and they are open for debate:

1) The number of non-Christians who are rich will generally be higher than their Christian counterparts because we Christians hardly ever face our own businesses. Check the day-to-day activities of most Nigerian Christians and you will be shocked. We have many churches that their members have one meeting to attend virtually every day of the week! The question is, aren't we tempting God when we continue to pray to Him for blessings while we neglect our very means of making wealth?
2) God is the God of all men, Christians or not, and the potential to become rich He encoded into our being as humans. So, getting rich mostly then depends on you being smart and hard working enough (this discussion isn't about fraudulent riches pls).
3) A similar poverty of perception affects our Christian students on campuses who rather than studying their books and attending lectures would rather spend hours praying that God would make them pass. Needless to say, I have painfully watched several loved brothers and sisters on campus fail because of that singular ignorance.
4) Please don't tell me being rich is a bad thing and that you have to be corrupt to be. That is not true. A rich person whose heart is given to God can go a long way in solving problems in our societies than a preacher that wouldn't stop asking you to give and give and give but only into his pockets.
In conclusion, God isn't a magician, neither is a lottery manager. There are natural principles to getting wealthy; non-Christians are like to spend more time learning how to while Christians are more prone to closing their minds to how and instead praying to God to send someone to give them money. This principle is eternal, that as long as the earth remains seedtime and harvest will not cease. You don't have to be a Christian to make it work, though being a Christian is likely going to give you a proper perspective on the purpose of your wealth...that it is meant to improve the lot of the people around you.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by TheBigUrban2: 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
jideolubiyi: Yeeeee, see philosophizing! Na wa o. But the question is simple na.

I must confess though that I have learnt from the various contributions, especially from those who aren't afraid to be as practical and realistic as possible. But some others keep hiding behind clever-sound-words that don't make much sense.

First, I am a Christian. But I prefer to order my life what the Bible says, my understanding of it and not by the prevailing beliefs. These are my thoughts and they are open for debate:

1) The number of non-Christians who are rich will generally be higher than their Christian counterparts because we Christians hardly ever face our own businesses. Check the day-to-day activities of most Nigerian Christians and you will be shocked. We have many churches that their members have one meeting to attend virtually every day of the week! The question is, aren't we tempting God when we continue to pray to Him for blessings while we neglect our very means of making wealth?
2) God is the God of all men, Christians or not, and the potential to become rich He encoded into our being as humans. So, getting rich mostly then depends on you being smart and hard working enough (this discussion isn't about fraudulent riches pls).
3) A similar poverty of perception affects our Christian students on campuses who rather than studying their books and attending lectures would rather spend hours praying that God would make them pass. Needless to say, I have painfully watched several loved brothers and sisters on campus fail because of that singular ignorance.
4) Please don't tell me being rich is a bad thing and that you have to be corrupt to be. That is not true. A rich person whose heart is given to God can go a long way in solving problems in our societies than a preacher that wouldn't stop asking you to give and give and give but only into his pockets.
In conclusion, God isn't a magician, neither is a lottery manager. There are natural principles to getting wealthy; non-Christians are like to spend more time learning how to while Christians are more prone to closing their minds to how and instead praying to God to send someone to give them money. This principle is eternal, that as long as the earth remains seedtime and harvest will not cease. You don't have to be a Christian to make it work, though being a Christian is likely going to give you a proper perspective on the purpose of your wealth...that it is meant to improve the lot of the people around you.

I wish more christians were honest like you

Great post!!
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by Weah96: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
malvisguy212:

JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION, BETWEEN ATHEIST AND BELIEVER, WHO HAS THE ADVANTAGE?

Atheist does.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by malvisguy212: 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Weah96:

Atheist does.
how?
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2014
malvisguy212: God send rain to believer's and unbeliever's, this is the free gift of God. Sin can stop blessing , but sin cannot stop gift , just as I explain the story of samson, samson has the gift of strength, even when he furnicate with daililah , the gift of strength was still with him.
Example a footballer like messi, he has the gift of playing football, I know messi would have commited a sin before, but the gift is still there because it is the free, IT WAS THE FREE GIFT THAT MAKE HIM[MESSI] RICH.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 11:28am On Jul 19, 2014
malvisguy212: God send rain to believer's and unbeliever's, this is the free gift of God. Sin can stop blessing , but sin cannot stop gift , just as I explain the story of samson, samson has the gift of strength, even when he furnicate with daililah , the gift of strength was still with him.
Example a footballer like messi, he has the gift of playing football, I know messi would have commited a sin before, but the gift is still there because it is the free, IT WAS THE FREE GIFT THAT MAKE HIM[MESSI] RICH.
I am sorry, but your analogy and example are neither logical nor biblically sound.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

NONSENSE!!!!!!!

The answer is as simple as ABC. Irreligious people are less likely to be distracted by the burdens of religious trappings such as tithing, long prayer/worship sessions and spiritual nonsense. Irreligious people have less things to distract them from getting a better life.

This doesnt mean that all irreligious people are sensible or richer than religious folks....it only means that we wouldnt waste time praying for solutions when we can do something about it.
This thesis you are presenting is riddled with basic perforations. Please review what you wrote and tell me whether it makes sense. Guy you are contradicting yourself big time...
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by TheBigUrban2: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2014
maestroferddi: This thesis you are presenting is riddled with basic perforations. Please review what you wrote and tell me whether it makes sense. Guy you are contradicting yourself big time...

Guy, point out what you feel is wrong rather than just saying that my comment is perforated like Jesus's hands
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin grin grin

Yet, the same christians are defending the riches of the catholic church and also private jet pastors
Pathetic polemicist!
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by TheBigUrban2: 11:39am On Jul 19, 2014
maestroferddi: Pathetic polemicist!

We know you have a large vocabulary with big words but please, try to make a sound argument rather than throwing ad hominems
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Guy, point out what you feel is wrong rather than just saying that my comment is perforated like Jesus's hands
You are giving yourself out as one incapable of critical thinking and analysis by defaulting to a rather twisted sense of humour. I don't do intellectual lilliputians...
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by TheBigUrban2: 11:50am On Jul 19, 2014
maestroferddi: You are giving yourself as one incapable of critical thinking and analysis by defaulting to a rather twisted sense of humour. I don't do intellectual lilliputians...

Stop using big words and make an argument.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by cold(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2014
Kay17: Probably there is no God. That's a possibility Christians do not consider at all.
There's no god,period!
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by nnofaith: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2014
maestroferddi: This thesis you are presenting is riddled with basic perforations. Please review what you wrote and tell me whether it makes sense. Guy you are contradicting yourself big time...
what he wrote makes perfect sense.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
NDprudent: Now let's face d truth. I'm a christian, so don't say "he's one of the atheists". D major reason for the non-believers being wealthier is that christians are generally lazy, always lookin up to God to help dem wit every little problem. They hardly think with their brains for solutions, all they do is pray and blame unexisting forces for their failures. A man of God once said : God gave us brains so we won't disturb him with every of our little problems ( we should also think out solutions). When I was a student my dad always told me" pray like it depends only on God, but work like it depends only on you". Even though my prayer life was very active, I was always working so hard to achieve success (which I did achieve).

My point is this: we christians need to use more of our brains to think out solutions even while we pray for divine grace.
Putting your position in perspective, it therefore means that Christians/believers should compete with unbelievers on who gets the more wealth. BTW, you need to tell us what is wrong in looking up to God for a solution to a need. There is evidently a problem with making sweeping generalisations or drawing hasty conclusions. You could have prayed hard; worked hard and yet did not achieve success. On the other, it is also possible for another person to have put lesser than you expended and yet achieved success. In the final analysis, the prerogative attaining of the so-called wealth, you will agree with me, lies solely with God.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
cold:
There's no god,period!
The logical statement you ought to have made should have been that you believe that there is no God. I wonder what gave the leeway to think for those who believe that there is God.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by malvisguy212: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
maestroferddi: I am sorry, but your analogy and example are neither logical nor biblically sound.
let us here from you,my good friend.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

We know you have a large vocabulary with big words but please, try to make a sound argument rather than throwing ad hominems
You are trying to waste my time, it appears. The question is why unbelievers are wealthier than christian believers. Just like most respondents answered. The reasons are that: (1)Believers are not motivated by a desire to necessarily accumulate. (2) Are directed by a different moral compass from unbelievers. (3) Do not view wealth as an ultimate end. (4) Do not measure wealth solely on worldly acquisition. Please note that we are limiting ourselves to the issue at hand and not jumping to inapposite examples and inferences.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by TheBigUrban2: 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
maestroferddi: You are trying to waste my time, it appears. The question is why unbelievers are wealthier than christian believers. Just like most respondents answered. The reasons are that: (1)Believers are not motivated by a desire to necessarily accumulate. (2) Are directed by a different moral compass from unbelievers. (3) Do not view wealth as an ultimate end. (4) Do not measure wealth solely on worldly acquisition. Please note that we are limiting ourselves to the issue at hand and not jumping to inapposite examples and inferences.

Okay....whatever floats your boat
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
malvisguy212: let us here from you,my good friend.
I need to understand what you mean by sin negating a blessing but keeping the gift intact. You seem to have forgotten that the gift itself is a blessing or that the two go hand in hand. On the other hand, the bible put in succinctly that God allows the rain to fall on both the just and the just. You example collapses on the foregoing, don't you think?
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by maestroferddi: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Okay....whatever floats your boat
Will it be distasteful to surmise that your own boat is sinking...?
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by malvisguy212: 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
maestroferddi: I need to understand what you mean by sin negating a blessing but keeping the gift intact. You seem to have forgotten that the gift itself is a blessing or that the two go hand in hand. On the other hand, the bible put in succinctly that God allows the rain to fall on both the just and the just. You example collapses on the foregoing, don't you think?
a gift is somtin giving to you without hardship, someone voluntary give you somtin,but a blessing is a reward of your good work. Bible say for the wages of sin is death[pay for adam sin] but the FREE GIFT of God is enternal life through christ jesus. am a sinner, I do not deserve the gift of God in christ jesus , still God give me, unmarited favour from God, THAT'S GIFT.

I give an example of samson and daililah, the strength of samson is a gift even when he had sex with daililah, the strength was still there.until when he fail to yeld the instruction of God, even so the strength came back to him.
SIN CAN TAKE YOUR BLESSING BUT IT CAN'T TAKE THE FREE GIFT OF GOD.thank you.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by cold(m): 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
maestroferddi: The logical statement you ought to have made should have been that you believe that there is no God. I wonder what gave the leeway to think for those who believe that there is God.
Let me reiterate,there is no god,period!For those who choose to seek solace in their delusions i feel nothing but pity for them. Besides,if your god did exist he wouldn't need foot soldiers like you and your co-travellers to do his bidding. He should be more than capable to stand in his own defence. But alas,that is never going to happen so you'll have to keep doing it for him. Defending an imaginary friend is becoming an arduous task by the day..sigh
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by Weah96: 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
malvisguy212: how?

I don't know what happens when humans die. You do. You read it in a book written by a handful of Jewish blasphemers. The Jews themselves believe in death as punishment. No sane judge, even one in the afterlife, will expect me to believe foolishness. You, on the other hand, know that this judge exists, making you bound by his rules. You have spoken to him, he has responded on several occasions. All I was given was a book. We're not in the same category. Maybe atheists were created simple minded, we don't have the accessories required to ignore common sense, even just for once. Our burden is lighter than you deeper seers. So I don't think that you'll just die. After all, you are in contact with the creator, and the bible shouldn’t even matter at this point. We will, at the worst just die like everything else, eternally asleep in the best dreamland.
So there is no advantage for you the believer. My argument applies to all Gods. If Allah is the judge, he will know that I wasn't given anything to go on. But he will have a problem with you, because you're the one who spoke to unauthorized versions of Jesus. Every God will have the exact same problem with you. Shiva will feed you to some innovative animals as punishment.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by malvisguy212: 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
Weah96:

I don't know what happens when humans die. You do. You read it in a book written by a handful of Jewish blasphemers. The Jews themselves believe in death as punishment. No sane judge, even one in the afterlife, will expect me to believe foolishness. You, on the other hand, know that this judge exists, making you bound by his rules. You have spoken to him, he has responded on several occasions. All I was given was a book. We're not in the same category. Maybe atheists were created simple minded, we don't have the accessories required to ignore common sense, even just for once. Our burden is lighter than you deeper seers. So I don't think that you'll just die. After all, you are in contact with the creator, and the bible shouldn’t even matter at this point. We will, at the worst just die like everything else, eternally asleep in the best dreamland.
So there is no advantage for you the believer. My argument applies to all Gods. If Allah is the judge, he will know that I wasn't given anything to go on. But he will have a problem with you, because you're the one who spoke to unauthorized versions of Jesus. Every God will have the exact same problem with you. Shiva will feed you to some innovative animals as punishment.

that's the point am talking about, you don't know what is happening to the dead right now, nether do I, am not gonna take the risk, it better to believe than take this risk you are taking, if you are wrong , no God, I will be ok, if there is God, you would'nt be ok.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by Weah96: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
malvisguy212: that's the point am talking about, you don't know what is happening to the dead right now, nether do I, am not gonna take the risk, it better to believe than take this risk you are taking, if you are wrong , no God, I will be ok, if there is God, you would'nt be ok.

Dude, your confusion is beyond belief. Is your God not reading this comment you typed here? SMH.

Once again, I'm the one who doesn't know what happens when we die. But you're not like me. The bible clearly describes the afterlife, unlike the Torah, btw. You believe the bible, you've even spoken with Jesus on occasions. So you know. I haven't spoken to anyone, otherwise I wouldn't be here on NL bashing you guys. Actually, if I were to speak to Jesus or God, I wouldn't be here arguing with atheists. I would ask him why he's not speaking to them like he is to me. His answer will make sense to all of us, atheists included. The religion section will shut down overnight.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by tpia1: 6:49am On Aug 05, 2014
another interesting question posed by someone on another thread:

how long should one endure or when does endurance becomes stupidity?

Espectially when it becomes a constant re-occurence..how long shud one hold on, or when can one classify such as one's cross or when should it be said that the patience has become stupidity?

https://www.nairaland.com/1842568/when-one-draw-distinction-btw#25221012

Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by tpia1: 6:51am On Aug 05, 2014
this was my response:

tpia1: sometimes what is called s.tupidity is actually ignorance.

if the ignorance turns to enlightenment, you'll be better able to understand your environment and why people act the way they do.
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by tpia1: 6:52am On Aug 05, 2014
however, does anyone want to address the question of why serious christians are often seen as s.tupid?

do christians consider it ok to appear like that?
Re: Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? by BabaGnoni: 7:52am On Aug 05, 2014
jideolubiyi:

How come unbelievers are most of the wealthiest persons on earth?

tpia5:

any takers for this one?

tpia1:
however, does anyone want to address the question of why serious christians are often seen as s.tupid?

do christians consider it ok to appear like that?

"The rich man had to admire the dishonest rascal for being so shrewd.
And it is true that the children of this world are more shrewd in dealing with the world around them than are the children of the light."

- Luke 16:8 NLT

As illustrated in the passage involving Luke 16:8, it is because "unbelievers" are more clever or shrewd than spiritually-minded people
(i.e. "Christians'')

Unbelievers, despite looming difficulty or delay in achieving success, persists in their financial pursuits or activities
and also are often wiser than believers, especially when in areas of risky or daring financial undertakings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

13 Most Dangerous Demons! / SERMON Jotters:the Power Of Sacrifice ! [MFM Headquarters Sunday Service] / Nigerian "Men Of God" And Their Prophecies & Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.