Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM (32070 Views)

Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece / Seeking For Asylum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by iamord(m): 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
360command: I hate when someone says cedi is higher than naira. If we were to remove the 4 zeros out of our currency(though there is none) just like what Ghana did to devalue their currency, who do you think would be boss?
I would not argue with on on that. but I will clear u that on exchange rates between naira and cedi as far back as 07 cedi was higher
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by iamord(m): 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
guiddoti: which one is eba eater? Jubile field don dry
the field is in no way dry and they r still discovering. More deposit.. The problem is the chronic corruption in this present regime
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Billygee2u: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
360command: What you said is understanding and its on point but do you know what they say about Nigerians in China? They say Nigerian make life difficult for other africans as the Nigerians goes into illicit activities. They go further by saying our image has been spoilt and people don't respect us.My bottom line is, We as africans have spoilt the system but it depends on how you see things to be .Nobody holy pass!
yes,no body or country holy pass ,but Ghana worst pass 9ja for crime .because of nija popularity,every crime commited will be assumed to be naijas.Ghanaians are green snakes in green grass
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
grin grin
kingjaja23: Ghana.......
...........must go grin
kingjaja23: Ghana.......
...........must go
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by 360command: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
iamord: I would not argue with on on that. but I will clear u that on exchange rates between naira and cedi as far back as 07 cedi was higher
that is because you devalued your currency(all thanks to devaluation). Before 2007, pure water was 5000 cedis. Then, anywhere you go buying little things, one keeps hearing 1million, 2million, 50000 . Was it not because of how useless the currency was, your government devalued the currency. Guy, park well with that your currency.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by guiddoti: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ashantiking:

We will deport all you Eba eaters. Ghanaians are not Nigerians we are good citizens, unlike you Eba eaters.
If I look for a country to keep my head, devils know that Ghana cant be my option. Nigerians in Ghana do not know what their country can offer are better to Ghana. What a country like Nigeria is far enriching to Ghana in every ramification. So, I rather go Europe or nothern America
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Ashantiking: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
guiddoti: If I look for a country to keep my head, devils know that Ghana cant be my option. Nigerians in Ghana do not know what their country can offer are better to Ghana. What a country like Nigeria is far enriching to Ghana in every ramification. So, I rather go Europe or nothern America

Well tell that to the 3 million Eba eaters.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by londoner: 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ashantiking:

That's the legal ones, you know with Nigerians you always have to times it by 2 or 3. 2 million is a lot considering Ghana is only 24 million people. Ethnic Ghanaians are only 16 million of Ghana's pop.

So, why do people say that Ghana's population is 23 million. So Ghana's population is actually 16 million?

Okay I get ya........ wink

I dont know much about the Ecowas passport/agreement, but I assumed that Nigerians would all be legal in Ghana because of Ecowas? I assumed it was similar to how EU member states work.

I suppose its similar to the amount of Ghanaians in Lagos at one time, when the population of Lagos was MUCH smaller, than it is today. I wonder what percentage of the Lagos population at that time were actually Ghanaian?
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by londoner: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ashantiking:

Ghana is becoming more Naija by the day. We also have a useless government like Nigeria. Look at our current president he is as useless as mikel obi in a super eagles jersey.

I can really see that. All the complaints that Nigerians have about Nigeria and the government, I now hear Ghanaians saying about theirs.

From financial hardship, the economy in general, corruption, electricity issues, crime.........Africa, where to now?
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Ashantiking: 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
londoner:

So, why do people say that Ghana's population is 23 million. So Ghana's population is actually 16 million?

Okay I get ya........ wink

I dont know much about the Ecowas passport/agreement, but I assumed that Nigerians would all be legal in Ghana because of Ecowas? I assumed it was similar to how EU member states work.

I suppose its similar to the amount of Ghanaians in Lagos at one time, when the population of Lagos was MUCH smaller, than it is today. I wonder what percentage of the Lagos population at that time were actually Ghanaian?

Over 6 million people in Ghana are not ethnic Ghanaians. When I say legal, I mean ones with legal papers to work and stay in Ghana. There are a lot that don't have working papers in Ghana.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by iamord(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
londoner:

I can really see that. All the complaints that Nigerians have about Nigeria and the government, I now hear Ghanaians saying about theirs.

From financial hardship, the economy in general, corruption, electricity issues, crime.........Africa, where to now?

sir I must say u r one of the most reasonable people I have come accross on here
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
i have never seen Ghana as less corrupt than Nigeria. I think it is frustration that made people compare Nigeria to Ghana.

They use to be called Gold Coast. What did they do with the money?

I think their elections have been less violent because after the gold, there was nothing to fight for. Now that they have oil, we are begining to see their electoral preocess becoming more contested and violent. If you have been monitoring Ghana's elections for a while now, you will come to see that there is more controversy surrounding their elections as they go by.

The election that brought Attah Mills in is a bit more credible and less controversial than the one that brought in Mahama. Their next election will even be more controversial and violent than the past ones.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
londoner:

they have always had those issues. The reason they did not talk about it before now is becos of the lack political awareness among them. They never had electricity and they didnt talk about it becos they never felt the need of electricity. Do you know that we in Nigeria have a wider distribution than them?

They produce nothing compared to what we produce in Nigeria but they had light more often than we do! Why is that? It is becos many of them are not connected to the grid and they also have fewer companies than we do.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by iamord(m): 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
craziebone: i have never seen Ghana as less corrupt than Nigeria. I think it is frustration that made people compare Nigeria to Ghana.

I think their elections have been less violent because after the gold, there was nothing to fight for. Now that they have oil, we are begining to see their electoral preocess becoming more contested and violent. If you have been monitoring Ghana's elections for a while now, you will come to see that there is more controversy surrounding their elections as they go by.

The election that brought Attah Mills in is a bit more credible and less controversial than the one that brought in Mahama. Their next election will even be more controversial and violent than the past ones.
although u r right on some things here. I suggest if u r not sure u research about some things and find out.. The whole africa is grappled in resource curse due to corruption and mis management.. but despite all the ups and downs in ghana the country is known to have raised renowned leaders which were decisive in leadership.. The likes of kwame nkrumah.. No west african president,, has done up to capacity of what he has done till to date..with part of the cocoa money he set up a lot of world class projects.that the country is even still benifiting from .. .even started ghanas nuclear programme.. And trained scientist in russia..his plan did not just cover ghana but africa as a whole in the spirit of pan africanism.. But he was seen as a threat to the neo colonaist. So the CIA stepped in which aided in over throwing him.. Ghana was posed to be a developed african nation like singapore but then it was as if the clock stopped.. Coups started and economic mismanagement et all .. Ghana has a lot other than Gold so that's not a reason to fight..ghanaians see things differently.. But I will say this present state the country is in amounts to tribalism . In which the country is paying costly for that. But despite that I know that the country will rise again.. Ghanas oil policies have been recognised as the most transparent in africa .m I just know that with time they will pick back up.. They have learnt from nigeria and angola. But this incumbent gov needs to be out of power.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
the presence of Nigerians in Ghana is whats responsible for the outspokenness we are begining to see among them.

Remember, we have never had light very much all through our history of nationhood. But it was at a point in time we started speaking up. We never spoke up untill we became politically ware of our surrounding. This political awareness, among other things, was due to the fact that many Nigerians travel out, saw the way things were in other places, came back home and became discontented with the rot of things. Its more ike not agitating for something becos you didnt know it existed.

The new outspokenness in Ghana is largely due to the Nigeria presence, thats a fact we just cant deny!
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
iamord: although u r right on some things here. I suggest if u r not sure u research about some things and find out.. The whole africa is grappled in resource curse due to corruption and mis management.. but despite all the ups and downs in ghana the country is known to have raised renowned leaders which were decisive in leadership.. The likes of kwame nkrumah.. No west african president,, has done up to capacity of what he has done till to date..with part of the cocoa money he set up a lot of world class projects.that the country is even still benifiting from .. .even started ghanas nuclear programme.. And trained scientist in russia..his plan did not just cover ghana but africa as a whole in the spirit of pan africanism.. But he was seen as a threat to the neo colonaist. So the CIA stepped in which aided in over throwing him.. Ghana was posed to be a developed african nation like singapore but then it was as if the clock stopped.. Coups started and economic mismanagement et all .. Ghana has a lot other than Gold so that's not a reason to fight..ghanaians see things differently.. But I will say this present state the country is in amounts to tribalism . In which the country is paying costly for that. But despite that I know that the country will rise again.. Ghanas oil policies have been recognised as the most transparent in africa .m I just know that with time they will pick back up.. They have learnt from nigeria and angola. But this incumbent gov needs to be out of power.

i know of Unkrumah. A historian in BBc said he left Ghana poorer than he met it.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
well, if i am wrong about certain things, then i'm sorry.

@iamlord, all these things you said about nkrumah are they not the same things Awolowo did too?
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by iamord(m): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
craziebone:

i know of Unkrumah. A historian in BBc said he left Ghana poorer than he met it.
there r two sides to the story.. People really tried to destabilize his tenure.. Well till today ghanaians are still benefiting from the projects he laid them.. Like the akosombo dam..university..tema. Industrial city world class roads.. Etc.. He had a long term vision.. But people whenre shorted shited to see It.. He wanted ghana to be self sufficient of which is was working on it.. A lot of his abandoned projects or sold out factroies that he built is part of what has plagued the country.. My only problem with him is when he declared himself president for life
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by londoner: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
iamord: sir I must say u r one of the most reasonable people I have come accross on here

Thanks, I'm actually a woman though.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by londoner: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
craziebone:

they have always had those issues. The reason they did not talk about it before now is becos of the lack political awareness among them. They never had electricity and they didnt talk about it becos they never felt the need of electricity. Do you know that we in Nigeria have a wider distribution than them?

They produce nothing compared to what we produce in Nigeria but they had light more often than we do! Why is that? It is becos many of them are not connected to the grid and they also have fewer companies than we do.

No, I think things have gotten worse, even if they existed before in some measure. That is why people are talking about it. They know their own country. With the electricity, it was not really 24/7 (well, not when I visited), but now I hear of some people using generators.......Now that is a new "development". They had "light off", but not to the extent that people/businesses purchased generators.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by iamord(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
londoner:

Thanks, I'm actually a woman though.
oh sorry! Then I will rephrase that as Ms or Mrs.. Well I wish there was more of your type.. Its hard for people to reason on here.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by londoner: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
iamord: oh sorry! Then I will rephrase that as Ms or Mrs.. Well I wish there was more of your type.. Its hard for people to reason on here.

Lol, no worries.

Yeah, people think in different ways and some people come here to "let off steam" or to be deliberately controversial.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Dessyguy(m): 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
craziebone: i have never seen Ghana as less corrupt than Nigeria. I think it is frustration that made people compare Nigeria to Ghana.

Are you saying this because of the election petition?In a country where laws operates,its better to argue your case in court than to be fighting each other.That's why when it comes to democratic governance we're far better.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dessyguy: Are you saying this because of the election petition?In a country where laws operates,its better to argue your case in court than to be fighting each other.That's why when it comes to democratic governance we're far better.
well, from absolute smoothness to court petitions. I genuinely hope your next election returns back to absolute smoothness.
Re: Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM by Dessyguy(m): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
craziebone: well, from absolute smoothness to court petitions. I genuinely hope your next election returns back to absolute smoothness.
lets hope so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie / Lady And Her Friend Unscathed After Their Car Somersaulted Severally (pictures) / States Where Residents Paid Lowest Bus Fare In March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.