Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records (2992 Views)

Is Kashim Zanna, The Chief Judge Of Borno State The Tallest Judge In Nigeria? / Buhari Is The Tallest Nigerian Leader Ever: Photo / Is Male Population More Than Female In Nigeria And The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by victorVIC1(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2014
Guinness World Records on the 9th of July, 2014 presented Rumeysa Gelgi with the
record title of Tallest Teenager (female) in the world.
The 17-year-old, who has a standing height of 213.6 cm (7ft 0.09 in),
received the award in a special presentation in her hometown of
Safranbolu, Karabük, in Turkey.
Doctor Ömer Hakan Yavaşoğlu carried out the official measurements
of Rumeysa, which in accordance with Guinness World Records
guidelines was carried out at three different times in the same day.
The measurements were taken in the presence of Official Seyda
Subasi-Gemici, who represented Guinness World Records at the
ceremony.
Rumeysa said: “It’s one of my biggest dreams to be awarded with this
record. Being a record-holder is a very amazing thing. I know that
only the special people can make it and I know I’m one of them now.”
Guinness World Records Official Seyda Subasi-Gemici said: “Guinness
World Records celebrates diversity and recognises extraordinary
people all over the world. Rumeysa Gelgi has shown tremendous
courage in the way that she has dealt with her condition, and it is an
honour to meet and award her with the record title of Tallest
Teenager.”
Rumeysa is currently in the 11th grade at high school and lives at
home with her parents and older siblings – who are all ‘normal’
height.
Medical experts believe that Rumeysa’s condition is caused by
Weaver’s syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that causes rapid growth.
In addition to her exceptional height, Rumeysa’s hands measure 24.5
cm and feet 30.5 cm.
Rumeysa’s condition means that she suffers ongoing physical
problems, such as instability and difficulty in walking. In the past she
has also experienced unkind reactions from members of the public to
her appearance.
Rumeysa says that people’s negativity no longer upsets her, putting
it down to ignorance. She is keen to highlight the advantages of
being so tall: “I like being different from everyone else. It’s interesting
and makes me feel special. It also provides me with easy access to
high places, and looking down at people from above isn’t a bad thing
either!”
Rumeysa has been told that she is not expected to grow any further,
so will not beat the record of Tallest Living Person and fellow
countryman, Sultan Kösen, who measures 251 cm (8ft 3 in).
The Tallest Ever Female Teenager is Canadian Anna Haining Swan (b.
6 August 1846 - d. 5 August 1888), who reached a height of 241.3
cm (7ft 11 in). The Tallest Man on record is American Robert
Wadlow who measured 272cm (8ft 11.1 in) in 1940.
Rumeysa’s record will feature in the 2015 Guinness World Records
book, out in September.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2014/7/turkeys-rumeysa-gelgi-is-awarded-the-title-of-tallest-teenager-female-in-the-world-58677/

Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Dubby6(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2014
No be small tin oo..7ft...who fear go gree date dis one?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by McWhillion(m): 10:19am On Jul 11, 2014
mtcheeew.... she's not even tall.
My ex gf was 8ft..
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by victorVIC1(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2014
McWhillion: mtcheeew.... she's not even tall.
My ex gf was 8ft..
Lol.. seriously?
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by victorVIC1(m): 11:20am On Jul 11, 2014
Dubby6:
No be small tin oo..7ft...who fear go gree date dis one?
I no fit even reason am o..she will look more like an elder sista dan a girl friend
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Prettypp(f): 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Mehn ,dix wan na iroko tree.lyk ciriouxly hu wil date dix gal.loly :-XMehn ,dix wan na iroko tree.lyk ciriouxly hu wil date dix gal.loly
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
Even with the height,she can't walk properly.

Sorry for her
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
And i thought my ex was tall?
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by egift(m): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
McWhillion: mtcheeew.... she's not even tall.
My ex gf was 8ft..

hahaha
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Smile4me01(m): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
Very gud of her.
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by ellagal(f): 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
Wow!! God is indeed awesome
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
`

Sweet. I have a thing for tall girls.
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by EnterPRO: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
seems she can't walk without support.

eh yah !
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Ohjerry: 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
7''9 shocked

Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by MISSYTOSIN(f): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
shocked
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by experimentist: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
Austeenx: `

Vaseline, right?
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by ShirelleBaby: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Austeenx: `

says short men
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
ShirelleBaby: says short men

`

So, by your own logic, only short men have a thing for tall girls?
Wow!
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by ShirelleBaby: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
Austeenx:

`

So, by your own logic, only short men have a thing for tall girls?
Wow!
are u tall?
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
ShirelleBaby: are u tall?

`

Not saying. :-P
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by ShirelleBaby: 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=Austeenx]

`

because u are short-hahahahahahahahaha-sorry dear
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by titoetal(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
well the girl is tall. However, that guinness was collecting statistics for tallest teen was not known. Am sure we can find one around. We have a lot of world records within. It's just that they alone sets the standard. Now that we've known the tallest teen's height, let's search for the record breaker.

Cheers!!
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by mainheart(m): 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
my neighbour daughter tall small pass her
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by UrbanMystique: 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=ShirelleBaby][/quote]you r cute
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=ShirelleBaby][/quote]

Agreed.
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by ShirelleBaby: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
UrbanMystique: you r cute
thanks
Re: Meet The New Tallest Teenager(female) In The World- Guinness World Records by kayultimate(m): 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
too tall for my liking

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Takes Selfie with young nigerians / Attention Seun: / South African Actress Goes Nude To Protest Xenophobic Attacks… [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.