Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? (829 Views)

Who Follows Jesus Mode Of Worship, Moslem Or Christian? / I Am A Moslem But I Can't Do Without... / "jesus Came To A Moslem When Everyone Else Has Left Him To Die” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mrtruth: 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
With due respect I've been sincerely thinking this. Come to think of a country that has witnessed so much horrific religious conflicts. And then comes an islamic faction claiming they are here to fulfil the injunction of their holy book....to liberate moslems from the dominance of christians. They have claimed several times that they are only fighting fellow moslems who betrayed them or refuse to support their mission.
So sincerely,does the average moslem living from hand to mouth like the rest of people not feel an inner disposition towards this cause? Let's maturedly and sensibly look at this. Could that be the reason for the ever unending number of the terrorists?

During the initial bomb campaigns against churches, one would go to church every sunday with his heart in the throat until service was over. Then I overheard some moslem youth playfully asking themselves that hasn't there been any knockout(bomb)yet that sunday? These are guys I knew and I felt so bad that they were praying for churches to be attacked. I've heard such indirect comments from several other moslems. By then most of them never knew that somday when the fury had climaxed the same sword would visit home. In those days you had to complain before any key moslem leader would condemn the attach on christians.
I don't know if anyone else feels this way but - is boko haram not actualy playing a popular script for the moslems, but perhaps only going about it too radically for their conscience?

1 Like

Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
They are all the same Abeg.... We recently got our gateman fired. I only need them to mend my shoes and fetch water angry angry

1 Like

Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by kuss: 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
all Muslim are the same, they all reason alike
Islam is a spirit the spirit of anti Christ
Genesis 16:12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

1 Like

Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mrtruth: 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: They are all the same Abeg.... We recently got our gateman fired. I only need them to mend my shoes and fetch water angry angry
Confirmed! That's why its so annoying when they start to pretend about all that's going on. And sadly many ignorant christians provide the cover for them. Trying to ask who are boko harams? As if it is not too glaring

1 Like

Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mrtruth: 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
kuss: all Muslim are the same, they all reason alike
Islam is a spirit the spirit of anti Christ
Genesis 16:12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
Thanks so much. This is so enlightening and so true.
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mmsen: 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
Until a substantial percentage of Nigerians are willing to throw away the shackles of backwards middle eastern philosophy (that would include xtianity) the likelihood of Nigeria emerging from its current state will remain minimal.

1 Like

Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
death to islam/chrsitiansty

1 Like

Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mrtruth: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
mmsen: Until a substantial percentage of Nigerians are willing to throw away the shackles of backwards middle eastern philosophy (that would include xtianity) the likelihood of Nigeria emerging from its current state will remain minimal.
You may be a little mistaken. Has xnty represented easternism or westernism and civilization? Why does boko haram fight christians in the name of westernism?
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mrtruth: 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
PAGAN9JA: death to islam/chrsitiansty
Understood. But you can't throw away the baby with the bath tub. You are close to the light.
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mmsen: 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
mrtruth:
You may be a little mistaken. Has xnty represented easternism or westernism and civilization? Why does boko haram fight christians in the name of westernism?

Who is mistaken here?

Since when did 'Westernism' equate to Civilization? Only a foolish person would make such a claim.

The fact that you cannot see that all of these religions that Nigerians labour under are equally corrosive is indicative of your lack of reasoning.
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by kuss: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
mmsen: Until a substantial percentage of Nigerians are willing to throw away the shackles of backwards middle eastern philosophy (that would include xtianity) the likelihood of Nigeria emerging from its current state will remain minimal.
i am not surprise the way some people reason it almost seems they don't
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mrtruth: 6:56am On Jul 12, 2014
mmsen:

Who is mistaken here?

Since when did 'Westernism' equate to Civilization? Only a foolish person would make such a claim.

The fact that you cannot see that all of these religions that Nigerians labour under are equally corrosive is indicative of your lack of reasoning.
Thanks. So where did civilization come from? And by the way, is any truth not worth defending worth living for? Corrosiveness is a doctrine of jihad which islam teaches which gives birth to terrorism everywhere. You don't have that in xty.
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mmsen: 9:02am On Jul 12, 2014
mrtruth:
Thanks. So where did civilization come from? And by the way, is any truth not worth defending worth living for? Corrosiveness is a doctrine of jihad which islam teaches which gives birth to terrorism everywhere. You don't have that in xty.

There have been numerous empires and 'civilizations'. If you did not know that then I fear for you. Anybody who claims that civilisation is unique to the western world should not be taken seriously.

How is 'corrosiveness' a doctrine in Islam? What does that even mean?
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mrtruth: 11:42am On Jul 12, 2014
mmsen:

There have been numerous empires and 'civilizations'. If you did not know that then I fear for you. Anybody who claims that civilisation is unique to the western world should not be taken seriously.

How is 'corrosiveness' a doctrine in Islam? What does that even mean?
I wanted to take you serious but I guess you'll prefer to stick to your presumed ideologies. If it is true that civilization came in diverse folds (and you're right)then retract your "eastern backwardness" clause now. As for islam and corrosives or islam and jihad, if you claim not to understand then you just told us how much you should be feared.
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mmsen: 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
mrtruth:
I wanted to take you serious but I guess you'll prefer to stick to your presumed ideologies. If it is true that civilization came in diverse folds (and you're right)then retract your "eastern backwardness" clause now. As for islam and corrosives or islam and jihad, if you claim not to understand then you just told us how much you should be feared.

You can't read.

"Middle Eastern" backwardness is what I said - and I was only speaking in reference to the religions that have emanated from that part of the world.
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mrtruth: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
mmsen:

You can't read.

"Middle Eastern" backwardness is what I said - and I was only speaking in reference to the religions that have emanated from that part of the world.
You can read.
Eastern is eastern - take note. Also I guess you can read that you never initially said you were referring to the religions from that part of the world.
Re: Could The Heart Of The Average Nigerian Moslem Be Sympathetic To Boko Haram? by mmsen: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
mrtruth:
You can read.
Eastern is eastern - take note. Also I guess you can read that you never initially said you were referring to the religions from that part of the world.

The topic is about Islam.

I used the word "philosophy".

We are in the religion section.

You can't weasel out of your failure to understand basic English.

(1) (Reply)

Religion Has Failed Nigeria. / Muslims Watch This And Click Like If You Agree ( Warning mildly graphic ) / Personal Names For Our Respective Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.