Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,573 members, 7,770,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:12 AM

Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager (4931 Views)

PHOTOS :17 Year Old Turkish Girl Is Officially Declared World’s Tallest Teenager / World’s Tallest Teenager: 17-Years-Old And 7ft7 inchest Tall (PHOTOS) / World Tallest Teenager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by TinyToes: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
A 17-year-old girl from Turkey who stands at 7ft tall has been officially declared the world’s tallest female teenager. Rumeysa Gelgi who has a standing height of 213.6 cm (7ft 0.09 in), received the Guinness World Record award in a special presentation in her hometown of Safranbolu, Karabük. Rumeysa is an 11th grade high school student and lives at home with her parents and older siblings, who are all ‘normal’ height. Her height is caused by a condition called Weaver Syndrome – a rare genetic disorder that causes rapid growth.

In addition to her height, Rumeysa’s hands have grown measure 24.5 cm and feet 30.5 cm – the equivalent of a 12 in men’s shoe sizes. Her size causes her mobility problems, and she has a custom-built wheelchair and walking frame to help her get around. Rumeysa’s shoes are also custom made in America for her. She said while she has been subject to cruel taunts about her appearance in the past, people’s negativity no longer upsets her, and she puts it down to ignorance.

She said instead, she concentrates on the positives of being tall: ‘I like being different from everyone else. ‘It’s interesting and makes me feel special. It also provides me with easy access to high places, and looking down at people from above isn’t a bad thing either.’ Doctor Ömer Hakan Yavaşoğlu carried out the official measurements of Rumeysa, which in accordance with Guinness World Records guidelines were carried out at three different times in the same day.

Guinness World Records Official Seyda Subasi-Gemici said: ‘Guinness World Records celebrates diversity and recognises extraordinary people all over the world. ‘Rumeysa Gelgi has shown tremendous courage in the way that she has dealt with her condition, and it is an honour to meet and award her with the record title of Tallest Teenager.’ Rumeysa has been told that she is not expected to grow any further, so will not beat the record of Tallest Living Person and fellow countryman, Sultan Kösen, who measures 251 cm (8ft 3 in).

The Tallest Ever Female Teenager is Canadian Anna Haining Swan (b. 6 August 1846 – d. 5 August 1888), who reached a height of 241.3 cm (7ft 11 in). The Tallest Man on record is American Robert Wadlow who measured 272cm (8ft 11.1 in) in 1940.Rumeysa’s record will feature in the 2015 Guinness World Records book, out in September.

More here - http://.com/2014/07/11/meet-17-year-old-turkish-girl-the-guinness-world-records-declared-the-worlds-tallest-teenager/

Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by slimthugchimee(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
Is she even human
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by walexGodson(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
She looks like horror self
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Airforce1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hhmm
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by boolet: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
Gigantism
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by JEITO: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
I don't understand o! Which one is the girl? Is it the dummy on white or what

2 Likes

Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Prowizy2(m): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
When the height becomes excess. . Ugliness appears
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Lordabas: 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
If she like make she tall pass Iroko tree, guys will still climb! embarassed
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Harmvirus(f): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Davijunson: 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ewww...is it d height dat contributed to d architecture of her face? She's DAMN fugly! and she looks more 40 dan 17.

1 Like

Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Mayor88(m): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
She looks lyk baby rubber(doll baby)
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Lolaabokoku(f): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
God is unquestionable
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Gudiza(m): 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
shocked
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by 9jahubcom(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
slimthugchimee: Is she even human
na wa
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Chanchit: 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
Lordabas: If she like make she tall pass Iroko tree, guys will still climb! embarassed

Guy na true o, some guys JT no get break, one slowpoke for my street don get bele, I just dey wait make them see the person weh do that kyn work.

But this girl just big like Ghana Bread, unlike that gurl from Brazil with a model body.
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by priscaoge(f): 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
[/color][color=] shocked shocked :o17yrs old? Why do i have this feelings that she is 45
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
If to be taller than i am, is like this i am comfortable the way i am.
Re: Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager by fruityjojo(f): 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
People can be so mean! I feel like throwing up with the comments coming from some peeps!

(1) (Reply)

Leonardo Dicaprio's New Look Has Ladies Gasping (photos) / Davido Reacts As Chioma’s Parents Enraged Over Her Inability To Graduate / Tiwa Savage Agrees That She And A Fan Are Suffering From Lack Of Sex With Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.