Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:45 AM

World Tallest Teenager - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / World Tallest Teenager (17557 Views)

PHOTOS :17 Year Old Turkish Girl Is Officially Declared World’s Tallest Teenager / Meet Turkish Girl Guinness World Records Declared The World’s Tallest Teenager / World’s Tallest Teenager: 17-Years-Old And 7ft7 inchest Tall (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Tallest Teenager by Ayemokhia: 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2010
Call her Air Anderson.

This up-and-coming New Jersey high school basketball player is only 16, but Marvadene Anderson is already a giant on the court. At just under 6-foot-11 -- and still growing -- she's the world's tallest teenage girl.

The Jamaican-born hoopster, who could tower over legendary ballplayers like Michael Jordan (6-6) and LeBron James (6-cool, was the highest-scoring "netball" player in her country -- a sport similar to basketball.

That on-court prowess earned her a scholarship to Rutgers Prep in Somerset, and for the last two months she's been hitting the hardwood to learn the rules of basketball.
Christopher SadowskiArielle Sherman, 15, 5'2
Christopher Sadowski
Arielle Sherman, 15, 5'2" (left) and Marvadene "Bubbles" Anderson, 16, 6'11"
Photos: World's Tallest Teen Basketball Player

The Argonauts center was a standout with her teammates during a practice game Wednesday, where she played alongside pint-sized point guard Arielle Sherman, 15, who at 5-foot-2 barely reaches Anderson's elbow.

PHOTOS: MARVEDENE TOWERS ON THE COURT

Get more high school sports coverage at The Post!

Anderson uses her size to intimidate her opponents, block shots and make easy layups.

"Everyone has come up to me and asked if I play college basketball. I told them I'm only a sophomore in high school. They gasped when I told them," Anderson said.

The gal giant, whose family remained in Jamaica, was taken in by Enid Angus, who discovered her talents.

"She's my heart. I committed to treating her like my own," she told the Asbury Park Press.

Anderson said she got her nickname "Bubbles" because of her good humor.

"People are friendly with me because of my height and my personality. If I was tall and mean, I think I'd have a problem," she said.

The biggest problem "Bubbles" seems to have is adjusting to the cold weather and finding clothes and shoes to fit her 210-pound frame and size-12 feet.

As a schoolgirl back home, Marvadene confessed, she was teased a lot.

"They call me 'baby giant,' and my older sister Kimberly is 6-foot-4. They call us the Twin Towers," she said.

"The rudest thing anybody ever said about my height is that I'm not going to be able to find a husband."

Rutgers coach Mary Coyle-Klinger and her sister, former WNBA coach Pat Coyle, have been working with their new star. Anderson picked up six points in her first game on Dec. 10 and Coyle-Klinger was not disappointed.

"Of course she is going to be a star," she said. "She's a natural. She's only been playing two months and it's amazing how well she's adapted."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nj_hoops_gal_huge_star_m1kiRXXzoE4laLi2PRqB5L#ixzz0fhVZYEch
Re: World Tallest Teenager by mamagee3(f): 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2010
And where is the picture?
Re: World Tallest Teenager by dominique(f): 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2010
daym!!! she's tall shocked shocked shocked
only an inch shy of seven feet and she 's still going to grow taller

Re: World Tallest Teenager by mamagee3(f): 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2010
Is she the one in the Guinness Book of World Records? undecided
Re: World Tallest Teenager by sjeezy8: 12:19am On Feb 22, 2010
shocked shocked looks like amaka
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Kunbee: 12:39am On Feb 22, 2010
She's too tall shocked shocked shocked
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Nobody: 4:07am On Feb 22, 2010
Damn.
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 22, 2010
That's unfair. How can they let her play basketball against those 5'3 average teens. ah ahn.

Na to steal the ball and smack one kid to the other side of the room while she's running for the basket
Re: World Tallest Teenager by THEAMAKA(f): 4:20am On Feb 22, 2010
sjeezy8:

I've been ignoring your arse, so don't bring me up, understood?
expecting you to pull the "blah blah blah-lol" card
Re: World Tallest Teenager by chiogo(f): 4:24am On Feb 22, 2010
FL Gators:

That's unfair. How can they let her play basketball against those 5'3 average teens. ah ahn.

Na to steal the ball and small one kid to the other side of the room while she's running for the basket
Not true, I was on a b-ball team, this tallllll girl couldn't play. Tall people like that are mostly good for dunking not shooting.  grin
The one on my team wasn't this tall though so she couldn't dunk.

But dayuum, this girl is the same height as KG, a pro b-ball player and a GUY! She's a female!!  shocked shocked A plus if she can shoot. Another Candace Parker, whoop whoop!!
Re: World Tallest Teenager by THEAMAKA(f): 4:25am On Feb 22, 2010
she has gigantism.
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Nobody: 4:27am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

Not true, I was on a b-ball team, this tallllll girl couldn't play. Tall people like that are mostly good for dunking not shooting.  grin
The one on my team wasn't this tall though so she couldn't dunk.

But dayuum, this girl is the same height as KG, a pro b-ball player and a GUY! She's a female!!  shocked shocked A plus if she can shoot. Another Candace Parker, whoop whoop!!

My team could not pay me enough to play against her.

She's packing on some weight, one push and I know I'm done for.

THE AMAKA:

she has gigantism.
And some of us worry about being too short lipsrsealed
Re: World Tallest Teenager by chiogo(f): 4:30am On Feb 22, 2010
FL Gators:

My team could not pay me enough to play against her.

She's packing on some weight, one push and I know I'm done for.
Like they told us "the biggest ones fall the hardest". Never listened to that, I fear for my life, I'll gladly move out the way. lipsrsealed

THE AMAKA:

she has gigantism.
LOL, I wanna be a little taller but not like this girl. Maybe your height. grin
Re: World Tallest Teenager by THEAMAKA(f): 4:31am On Feb 22, 2010
I think this is the same girl i saw on TLC "World's Tallest Kids"
yeah she was, Jamaican?
sorry, i didn't read the article, too lazy.

lol @ chiogo
i remember one guy in middle school about 6'7'' and still growing. only 14. shocked
Re: World Tallest Teenager by chiogo(f): 4:33am On Feb 22, 2010
^ lol that's crazy. Probably a disorder and they dunno. grin
I have TALL cousins, haven't seen them in so long so I dunno their height but I remember we always made jokes about how their tallness is a disease. lol
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 22, 2010
This is the kinda girl sjeezy needs.

Someone to use his shiny bald head as a basketball
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

^ lol that's crazy. Probably a disorder and they dunno. grin
I have TALL cousins, haven't seen them in so long so I dunno their height but I remember we always made jokes about how their tallness is a disease. lol
Same here, its crazy.
One of my cousins has to bend to fit into the doorway.
Its not cute tho
Re: World Tallest Teenager by chic2pimp(m): 4:36am On Feb 22, 2010
sjeezy8:

; D grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Tallest Teenager by sjeezy8: 5:01am On Feb 22, 2010
FL Gators:

This is the kinda girl sjeezy needs.

Someone to use his shiny bald head as a basketball
lol
you should know alot about being used and passed around by athletes.
Univerisity of Floridas own supahead
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 22, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol
you should know alot about being used and passed around by athletes.
Univerisity of Floridas own supahead
I do I do.
But it still doesnt change the fact that you need a girl like that to bounce your head against the wall 10-20 times a day.

"Wimp a$$ sissy, wear the fcukking apron and make my 5th meal"
Re: World Tallest Teenager by shilling(f): 5:09am On Feb 22, 2010
And I thought I was tall, wow!!

FL Gators:

"Wimp a$4 sissy, wear the fcukking apron and make my 5th meal"

lol
Re: World Tallest Teenager by THEAMAKA(f): 5:13am On Feb 22, 2010
shilling:

And I thought I was tall, wow!!

lol
I love your face and your features. if you are taller than 5'9'' and have the measurements, i think you should model. smiley
Re: World Tallest Teenager by chiogo(f): 5:13am On Feb 22, 2010
LOL.  @ Gators grin
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Nobody: 5:15am On Feb 22, 2010
THE AMAKA:

I love your face and your features. if you are taller than 5'9'' and have the measurements, i think you should model. smiley
I agree. She looks like Oyindamola
Re: World Tallest Teenager by chic2pimp(m): 6:06am On Feb 22, 2010
@ SJEEZY

You sure won't take that diss directed @ you, would you? shocked grin
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2010
I take all these world's oldest, tallest, fattest etc just for official purpose. Who told them there is no taller person in Lakuturu village of Ondo state or in one village in Uganda?
Re: World Tallest Teenager by honeric01(m): 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2010
men, this one don pass post oo, she should join the US women soccer national team or go join the Jamaican team.

i once saw a girl in Lagos, i thought i was tall, saw her, couldn't look up, she was so tall (also deaf), i just didn't know if i should let her walk pass first before continuing my journey embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: World Tallest Teenager by zenus(m): 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2010
She's really a big teen
Re: World Tallest Teenager by spikedcylinder: 12:59pm On Feb 22, 2010
Jarus:

I take all these world's oldest, tallest, fattest etc just for official purpose. Who told them there is no taller person in Lakuturu village of Ondo state or in one village in Uganda?

Let them step forward and object. Until then, this girl is the tallest teenager in the world.
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Olisa4all: 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2010
hmmm,ws 6ft4 in jss2,i was scared i'd end up bein extremely tall. .stopped at 6ft6. .do u kno d relief. . .
Re: World Tallest Teenager by slap1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2010
I pity d girl's prospective bf, he'd sure have some catching up to do.
Re: World Tallest Teenager by Sagamite(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2010
I pity any girl over 6' 2" and any guy over 6' 7".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifu Ennada Celebrates Cee-C: "Something About You Stood Out" / Forbes Top 10 Richest Musicians In Nigeria 2017 / Bbnaija's Alex Covers Exquisite Magazine's Latest Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.