Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online (2392 Views)

Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out / Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Bigsteveg(m): 11:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
In an incident that is not only shocking but sickening, a 16-year-old girl from Texas has been forced to speak out after photos of her unconscious body went viral online. Jada had been drugged and raped at a party with her fellow high schoolers.
According to her, she was invited to a party at a fellow high schooler’s house. The boy who was hosting the party gave her a drink that she believes was spiked with a drug that made her lose consciousness.
Jada says she passed out and didn't know what happened for the rest of the night until after the party,
when pictures of her body - stripped from the waist down - started appearing on social media. She said she only found out she was raped when she saw the pictures.
Following the attack, Jada's peers mercilessly continued to spread the videos and pictures online. Other teens joined in and started mocking her online, sharing images of themselves splayed out on the floor in the same pose as Jada’s unconscious body under the hashtag #jadapose.
But Jada isn’t backing down. She’s speaking out about what happened to her, telling her story to local press, KHOU because she has nothing to hide anymore.
“Everybody has already seen my face and my body,” she said, “but that’s not what I am and who I am.”
Nonetheless, the social media firestorm has taken a toll on her. Jada called for her attacker to be arrested, and said that she was angry and now wants to be homeschooled. Her heartbroken mother, who chose not to be identified, told KHOU:
'No one's daughter deserved this. No human being deserved this.'The Houston police is currently investigating Jada’s allegations, and no arrests have yet been made. The alleged perpetrator has denied that a sexual assault occurred, referring to Jada as a “hoe” who “snitched.”

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Onlinebizexpert(m): 12:01am On Jul 12, 2014
chai
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by pickabeau1: 9:43am On Jul 12, 2014
The trolls are sick....making fun of such a traumatic experience.even adults in the pose

No matter what she did or whether she was complicit.....shaming victims of r@pe is despicable

I wish her the best

1 Like

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by chukxie(m): 9:44am On Jul 12, 2014
I'm sure all alleged culprits are African - Americans. A bunch of 'no-gooders'!
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by chukxie(m): 9:55am On Jul 12, 2014
Nonso23: Honestly, save for the fact that she's currently drowning deep in some emotional abyss, I'd say she's stupid! super duper stupid! Anyway growing up in a society as damaged as the west is not supposed to be a walk in the park.
She should better seek psychological treatment to get over the trauma instead of following through with this attention seeking stunt. For all I care, she wasn't raped. simples

BTW! WHERE IS HER FATHER??
or is this another incident of them single mothers' failure??

Did you read the part of the story where it said she was drugged and that the drink she was offered by the boy who hosted the party was spiked? Is her being brave in the face of such a traumatic experience a public stunt?Are you saying she shouldn't speak up? Are you saying she should be silent while her attackers strut about freely? Would you be calling her ''super duper stupid" if she were your sister? Do you encourage, endorse r.ape?

6 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by chukxie(m): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nonso23:
First off, no i didn't call her super duper silly. I said 'I'D HAVE...' there's a huge difference.

Sorry, but the rate at which rape accusations are incessantly thrown front, back and centre has trivialized their authenticity and even the intentions behind them.
She's depressed and feels caged. The only release she can see now is revenge but is it healthy?
I'm also inclined to ask you:
1)have the authorities made any arrests so far? No? Why?
2) the 'rapist' isn't in hiding, i learnt he even posts regularly on twitter. Why hasn't he been whisked off already?
3) the info you posted here is her side of the story, have we heard his? Or are conclusions supposed to be drawn from one side's POV?

Please leave sentiments aside. We know how media houses operate. They get your story and spice it up to garner off the chart sales and consequently feed the trolls who will; in reaction, descend upon her more brutally and then she is depressed again and the media 'comes to her rescue' and the cycle continues until she's too emotionally 'beaten' to fight back and then the story dies off.

I'd rather she seeks psyche evaluation & treatment first in order to regain a healthy mental frame to pursue her allegations till justice is served (through the established legal structures; media houses don't give verdicts) - if they are true.
Either that or i can easily join the 'ehyahs and sorrys and God punish the boy'

which is more practical??

Btw, where her papa dey.

You said and I quote " I'd say she's super duper silly".You didn't say ' I'd have said she's (was) super duper silly'. There's a vast difference between these two sentences. 'I would have said' ( done, heard, talked, walked, flown etc) always formed in the past participle, is used in the conditional perfect tense when something that would have been done didn't occur. It's conditional. On the other hand, ' I'd say' is not used in the conditional perfect tense. Rather it's used by a speaker to convey his/her opinion on a topic. So, when you said " I'd say she's super duper silly" you unwittingly revealed your opinions about the girl that was r.aped.
The fact that the person / people accused of molesting the girl is/are still walking about freely doesn't mean the police aren't investigating the matter. I'm 100% sure they're gathering enough evidences before any arrests would be made. The American justice system has very 'long arms'. If after all preliminary investigations it is proven that the girl was indeed molested, those who perpetrated the crime would be caught by the long arms of the American justice system, prosecuted and sent to the penitentiary to do time for their crimes.

2 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Lordabas: 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
What a brave girl she is. Some could have committed suicide... But instead she's being a hero.There’s No Point In Hiding

If na naija 16 yr olds, them go lock theirselve inside their mama house dey cry

2 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nawa oas usual.it is always the victims fault for getting raped.it is also her fault that she could br a product of a single mother isshh.so it's better she wallows in depression and self pity and tomorrow we hear a teenager commits suicide .

since she's been raped and disgraced online what's there again. What's left of her dignity to protect. As far as I am concerned that is her own way of expressing her frustrations.

sometimes when I read posts like this on nl I wonder whether this world is still safe for teenage girls. No milk of human kindness and humanity. Tufiaaaaaaa
Nonso23: Honestly, save for the fact that she's currently drowning deep in some emotional abyss, I'd say she's stupid! super duper stupid! Anyway growing up in a society as damaged as the west is not supposed to be a walk in the park.
She should better seek psychological treatment to get over the trauma instead of following through with this attention seeking stunt. For all I care, she wasn't raped. simples

4 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
As far as I am concerned it is better for a woman to be killed than to be raped.see the way you made rape look so casual as if it is Indomie they are boiling. It is not a matter of pity party it is a matter of treating or adrrssing your fellow human being like a human being and not casualise it as if rape feels so good and is a honourable thing
Nonso23:

That she was raped is yet to be proven. No pity party here abeg. And no one is blaming her for getting raped.
The big question is how best to get over it. Don't skew my submissions.

It isn't that hard to comprehend.

4 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by chukxie(m): 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nonso23:

Honestly, save for the fact that she's currently drowning
deep in some emotional abyss, I'd say she's silly! super
duper silly! Anyway growing up in a society as damaged
as the west is not supposed to be a walk in the park.

that was my initial post read the first sentence. You are out of context.

Why would you say "I'd say she's silly! Super duper silly"? What wrong did she do? Was (is) she silly for being r.aped? Did she ask to be r.aped? I wonder how you'd feel if that girl were your sister. I'm sure you wouldn't be trivialising the situation the way you're doing here. Frankly, I'm tempted to ask you again if you encourage, endorse r.ape?

4 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by chukxie(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nonso23:
I submitted an epistle for your perusal. I can't start explaining each line again.

Wait till the investigations on her case read 'conclusive'. only then is it rape. You don't give verdicts. A court does.

We all know the 'Innocent until proven guilty' line. So save the legal gibberish for yourself. I'm sure there are lots of erudite lawyers on NL.

4 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by chukxie(m): 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nonso23:

At least we agree on one thing.

You condone r.ape. I don't. I abhor it!

3 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Agrika: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nonso23:

Those are your words not mine .
then wat exactly are you saying, u no get talk jor just dey make noise up and down.

3 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by pickabeau1: 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nonso23:
Read my posts on this thread.
If they don't explain enough to you then na your problem...

I'm a bit confused myself

are you aware of the facts of thus case

That she had sexual relations with a person or group of persons - this may have been consensual or forced i.e. rape

And they posted her pics online when she had passed out from the ordeal

So which part is the silly there... Wrong place?

3 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by chukxie(m): 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
Agrika:
then wat exactly are you saying, u no get talk jor just dey make noise up and down.

Perhaps he's trying very hard to create a persona for himself on NL.

3 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Very sick story. Molesters should be hung by the balls as a sentence. Very wicked souls.
Or use a pestle to drill a hole in their backside orifice .

1 Like

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nonso23:

Once again it hasn't been proven to be a case of rape. I am not going to jump to any conclusions.
And i choose to be agnostic about any opinion on rape as far as this thread is concerned.
My wahala lies with how she's going about her recovery from the trauma. I've stated my own suggestion.

Your last sentence - 'it is you who say it.'

It is not for you to decide how she has to cope with the situation. Luckily!

3 Likes

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
The girl is very brave. Respect!

1 Like

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2014

Media seeking stunt! Do you realize that those boys put her nude picture all over the internet and sick people were making fun of her truma by trying to copy the way she was passed out in the picture? Her face was all over the internet with her naked body. Do you feel the best way for her to have handled it was for her to hide out and never let the world know what really happened? This girl was humiliate and tormented and she is a brave girl for speaking out

1 Like

Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please, In Need Of Legal Advice. / Why his Father called him USELESS {so Sad} / Her Husband Is Cheating And Depriving Her Of Sex So She Wants To Retaliate. What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.