Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs (33769 Views)

American Police Sentenced To 263 Years In Prison For Raping Black Women / Oluwadamilare Baiyewu, Nigerian Rapist Jailed For 24 Years In The UK / Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
Akshow:

Shut up ur mouth there. U eff up in the first place by suggesting that he should be more careful in his criminal activity instead of condemning it in its totality.

For those shouting ibo this ibo that....how foolish can u get? U think oyinbos care abt his tribe? As far as they are concerned he is a Nigerian shikena.

If the man had been in d US since the early 80s which is some 30yrs ago, I think he is more american than Nigerian. If he were excel ling there, this yeye white people will claim he is a Nigerian born American. As he be criminal now, he is a Nigerian. There is God o
your english is cap-siding
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Kunleskey(m): 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
263 ke? na life jail be dis o wetin com remain he no fit meet enoch age talkless of his son methuselah hmmm!
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Babymama1:

They said West Virginia,that is red neck country
But seriously though
Selling drugs in his grocery store?
Let him collect whatever comes to him

Regardless, it's unfair. This isn't the slavery era, and everyone has a right. I don't condone what he did, but they can't just pull numbers out of their ar.ses and jail people for centuries like that. It's just wickedness. And I'm sure there are tons of people in the American prison system that have been sentenced like this guy, for no just cause.

He isn't Rayful Edmond, Alpo, Freeway Rick Ross, Big Meech, or Ricky Barnes. And all these guys had many body counts on them, but non of them even got 50 years behind bars. Those Southern states are stuck in the slavery era.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Youngzedd(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
Why not kill the man by hanging than giving him such long years.

Waste of tax payers money.

I have no pity for drug dealers, traffickers, fraudsters etc.

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Akshow: 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
patrickdarlins: your english is cap-siding
u are making no sense Mr.

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by coogar: 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

These folks are crazy!!

I won't be surprised if it was an all white jury!!

263 years for just little narcotics distribution and firearms?

263 years? Even serial killers don't get that.

he won't even get 20 years in the UK. i don't care how profilic or how many times he's offended in the past. like we said in the other threads, there's a motive to keep the american prison system populated as much as possible. lawmakers have vested interest in the prison system - many of them are prison contractors & the more prisoners, the more supplies & ultimately, the more money in the account of the law makers.

6 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
An anonymous resident of the neighbourhood described the store and its owner as ‘always selling us expired groceries and food stuff. He had expired candy bars on the candy racks and that place seemed unorganised and dirty. The aisles were always empty, just few items to pick from. There were candy bars that had expired since 2007. That man was fronting with his store. We suspected he was cooking something else and selling it. He got caught at last.”

Very typical........

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
faithugo64: 263 = Life imprisonment
not life imprisonment its just 263 yrs in which after serving he wil be release to start a new better life

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
His own is finished kpatakpata

All you prospective mail order brides from Nigeria
Shine your eyes o

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
Izunwa:
Don't tell me you wrote this by your self (maybe hackers did) undecided . In short, don't tell me you are an Ibo cos then if you are then you are a big disgrace and no better than Okafor. You really need to cleanse yourself for this sacrilegious utterance. Yes, an NRI Son is talking to you.

Are u not a member of Ndigbo page on fb? Anytime they post news of an igbo drug trafficker. See your people commenting the same way wiv that guy u quoted. Blaming the situation of the country and saying he is not smart. Only very few people like u oppose it. It's just bad the length people will go to make money. It is worse when we do not condemn it and then we term people who will rather make a honest living and live a comfortable life as lazy........... we have all lost the essence of our creation.....

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:

he won't even get 20 years in the UK. i don't care how profilic or how many times he's offended in the past. like we said in the other threads, there's a motive to keep the american prison system populated as much as possible. lawmakers have vested interest in the prison system - many of them are prison contractors & the more prisoners, the more supplies & ultimately, the more money in the account of the law makers.

Word.

Obviously, with all those private prisons they have got in that country, it's slavery 2.0. Free labour till he dies. I also read somewhere that those private prisons are now on Wall Street - they've gone corporate. grin

And with businesses, it's about maximising profits, hence the justice system over there has to keep throwing people in there for no just cause. Sad.

When you look at his case, and how American gun laws are in the Southern states which aren't stringent(especially if the guns had no bullets in them)..you will know he didn't get the 263 year for the firearms. It was for narcotics and money laundering. However, when you look at the quantity - there's absolutely no way in hell he deserves 263 years.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

Regardless, it's unfair. This isn't the slavery era, and everyone has a right. I don't condone what he did, but they can't just pull numbers out of their ar.ses and jail people for centuries like that. It's just wickedness. And I'm sure there are tons of people in the American prison system that have been sentenced like this guy, for no just cause.

He isn't Rayful Edmond, Alpo, Freeway Rick Ross, Big Meech, or Ricky Barnes. And all these guys had many body counts on them, but non of them even got 50 years behind bars. Those Southern states are stuck in the slavery era.

I suspect he had many counts against him and perhaps had one year or two for each count,adding up to 263 years
Selling drugs within a certain mileage of a middle school didn't help either
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
Babymama1:

Don't worry,we read that too
Despite not hitting FP,it got to 5 pages

Just the same thing Linda ikeji does in her blog. Doesn't make it right though......
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by angela98(f): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
See him face..this man don chop o...god is his strength. Make he no worry 263 years in prison is not forever.its only a matter of time he will be out cool

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by seedorfg(m): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
D man face sef rsemble Criminal....anyway Goodluck 2 her
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Any crime especially drug or SE.xual crime committed in close proximity to a school increases the sentence
Ordinary talking on the phone and driving, even for states where that is legal,doing it near a school can quadruple your fine
Speeding too

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
Akshow: u are making no sense Mr.
ok....quit d beefing ......nice knowing u..my name is PATRICK...wats urs??lols
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
Babymama1:

I suspect he had many counts against him and perhaps had one year or two for each count,adding up to 263 years
Selling drugs within a certain mileage of a middle school didn't help either

Oh well, he better go learn how to fight, or convert to Islam in there because those are the people who can save him, since he's too old to join gangs. Else, his bum will ever be the same again.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by DocAdray(f): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
After his jail term, he would have become a Methuselah - in the grave!
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by coogar: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

Word.

Obviously, with all those private prisons they have got in that country, it's slavery 2.0. Free labour till he dies. I also read somewhere that those private prisons are now on Wall Street - they've gone corporate. grin

imagine such! private prisons gone corporate? only in america!!! and they keep lying to us it's a deterrent. yet, their murder rate hasn't gone down. this is modern slavery.

And with businesses, it's about maximising profits, hence the justice system over there has to keep throwing people in there for no just cause. Sad.

it's a joke!
263 years for narcotics? it's hilarious, the judge must have lost a close relative to drug overdose. grin

When you look at his case, and how American gun laws are in the Southern states which aren't stringent(especially if the guns had no bullets in them)..you will know he didn't get the 263 year for the firearms. It was for narcotics and money laundering. However, when you look at the quantity - there's absolutely no way in hell he deserves 263 years.

he should appeal or beg for death sentence. sit behind bars for 263 years makes no sense. the way they determine their sentencing out there is ridiculous. 263 years? bloody hell!
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:

imagine such! private prisons gone corporate? only in america!!! and they keep lying to us it's a deterrent. yet, their murder rate hasn't gone down. this is modern slavery.

it's a joke!
263 years for narcotics? it's hilarious, the judge must have lost a close relative to drug overdose. grin

he should appeal or beg for death sentence. sit behind bars for 263 years makes no sense. the way they determine their sentencing out there is ridiculous. 263 years? bloody hell!

That sentence would differ in another state with another set of jurors too
I have no doubt in my mind that his color and country of origin played a huge part in the sentencing
Drug lords with a long murder record don't get that.
I tell my young son this truth
If you are somewhere with your friends and for some reason a crime is committed and cops ,(black or white)show up,if the others are standing please lay down and raise both hands and feet,because automatically,you will be the one they focus on initially .
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Akshow: 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
patrickdarlins: ok....quit d beefing ......nice knowing u..my name is PATRICK...wats urs??lols
buzz off Mr. I don't indulge trolls

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Teedol: 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
Don't call him a Nigerian, he only spent 20years of his life in Nigeria. He spent about 33 yrs of his life in the US. His life got messed up in the US. Assuming he travelles back after his studies, he might have become a director in d civil service or a private company.

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
Teedol: Don't call him a Nigerian, he only spent 20years of his life in Nigeria. He spent about 33 yrs of his life in the US. His life got messed up in the US. Assuming he travelles back after his studies, he might have become a director in d civil service or a private company.

Or have several kidnapping gangs on his payroll
E be like crime dey am for bone marrow
See how he started well,yet he couldn't resist the call

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by coogar: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
Babymama1:

That sentence would differ in another state with another set of jurors too
I have no doubt in my mind that his color and country of origin played a huge part in the sentencing
Drug lords with a long murder record don't get that.

I tell my young son this truth
If you are somewhere with your friends and for some reason a crime is committed and cops show up,if the others are standing please lay down and raise both hands and feet,because automatically,you will be the one they focus on initially .

they will simply ask the white guys to go home & detain the blacks. if this guy was in the UK, they won't give him 15 years sef. whatever he gets is even halved. it means at worst, he will only spend 7-8 years behind bars.

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
ebullientV: Why not just call it a ''life imprisonment''?

Stop giving d guy a false hope, maybe now he'd be thinking of having a Metuselah-esqe life(in terms of longevity)..

[size=13pt]People can still fight to reduce the sentence if its life, they might reduce it to 50, but 256 years means any way they reduce it, he will still spend his whole life behind bars with no opportunity for parole no matter the reduced sentence, kapish?[/size]
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
Babymama1: Any crime especially drug or SE.xual crime committed in close proximity to a school increases the sentence
Ordinary talking on the phone and driving, even for states where that is legal,doing it near a school can quadruple your fine
Speeding too

Bad guys should stay away from school..."no candy for the kids" in 50cents voice..
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
Akshow: buzz off Mr. I don't indulge trolls
anoda boko haram on nairaland...dey never recognize peace...dey never accept peace....stay cool with ur arrogance man!!!
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:

they will simply ask the white guys to go home & detain the blacks. if this guy was in the UK, they won't give him 15 years sef. whatever he gets is even halved. it means at worst, he will only spend 7-8 years behind bars.

My brother in law was a manager at a grocery store
He told us that whenever a black kid came in and shoplifted merchandise,the senior manager would call the cops but when a white kid did the same thing,he would call the parent of the child.
So he too started doing the reverse
For a black kid he would call the parent and a white kid he would call the cops.

We are talking petty thefts like drinks and candy and cigarettes o
You see how they gave the black children criminal records from an early age and spared their own.

9 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by gratiaeo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
This thread would not have made front page if the offender was not Okafor.

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by coogar: 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
Babymama1:

My brother in law was a manager at a grocery store
He told us that whenever a black kid came in and shoplifted merchandise,the senior manager would call the cops but when a white kid did the same thing,he would call the parent of the child.
So he too started doing the reverse
For a black kid he would call the parent and a white kid he would call the cops.

We are talking petty thefts like drinks and candy and cigarettes o
You see how they gave the black children criminal records from an early age and spared their own.

may God bless you for this....
are you aware some people actually believe black people are naturally criminal-minded and race has nothing to do with it? i told them if 20 white boys & 20 black boys commit the same crime. 2 of the white boys will go to prison, 18 of the black boys will go to prison.

the media make it look like blacks are always into crime & the whites are just angels.

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Bellfun(m): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
"Flying Eagles"...and his eagles flew straight into jail!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Worker Hacks Into Customers’ Accounts, Transfers N3m (Photo) / Dr. Bumbum, Popular Plastic Surgeon, Arrested After Patient's Death / Halima Umar: Corper Kidnapped On Her Way To Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.